PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else praying Haynesworth won't play?

BigBroncLove
11-17-2007, 05:14 PM
I'm interested in what other people think of this issue. Is anyone else praying with me that Hayesworth misses this game? Given our troubles on the OLine in pass protection recently, especially given that the left interior of our line are two rookies is, I'm really hopng the beast of a man in Haynesworth is out this game.

Haynesworth has proven himself time and time again this season. He has been smashing through lines, and solid ones at that. He stuffs the run and forces teams to plan around him. If he plays, even if only a shadow of his normal self, he will cause serious problems for this team on off tackle runs (runs in betwen the tackles) and passing plays.

BroncoWave
11-17-2007, 06:00 PM
Yes I desperately hope he can't play.

AFGAHNI_BATTLE_DONKEY
11-17-2007, 06:16 PM
i hope he plays

BroncoAV06
11-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Just look what Shaun Rodgers did to us! In the back field before hand offs, blew Myers way back. I definitly would not mind if Albert missed this game.

Broncos Mtnman
11-17-2007, 08:06 PM
According to an SI news update, he is a game time decision. He didn't practice at all this week.

Nick Harper might also be out due to a concussion. That would make their secondary a little weaker also.

TXBRONC
11-17-2007, 08:49 PM
No I can say that I have been praying that Haynesworth misses the game. If they do and we win, there will be some sceptics that will down play the victory.

dogfish
11-17-2007, 09:38 PM
nah. . . if you can't beat 'em at full strength, you don't DESREVE to beat them IMO. . . of course i won't feel any sympathy for them if he is out, but the only reason i'd "pray" for him to be out is out of concern for cutler's health-- haynseworth WILL dominate our interior OL if he's in there. . . :mad:

ahh well, if we lose enough games this year maybe we can draft someone like him (hopefully less crazy though). . . :lol: :laugh:

TXBRONC
11-17-2007, 09:59 PM
nah. . . if you can't beat 'em at full strength, you don't DESREVE to beat them IMO. . . of course i won't feel any sympathy for them if he is out, but the only reason i'd "pray" for him to be out is out of concern for cutler's health-- haynseworth WILL dominate our interior OL if he's in there. . . :mad:

ahh well, if we lose enough games this year maybe we can draft someone like him (hopefully less crazy though). . . :lol: :laugh:

If he plays he sitll wont be 100% which may or may not make any difference.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-18-2007, 02:44 AM
Of course I don't want him to play, he's one of the top five defensive tackles in the NFL and is a legitimate contender for DPOY. I want him on my team with Williams next off-season. That's what I want.

SR
11-18-2007, 02:50 AM
I don't want him to play just because I don't want him to crush one of our O-lineman's head.

BroncoWave
11-18-2007, 09:28 AM
I don't get it when people say, "I want to play them at 100% and don't want any of their stars injured because people would downplay the victory."

, the more of their stars that don't play the better. That just gives us a better chance to win. I couldn't give 2 craps whether people downplay it or not. A win is a win.

skirting the obscenity filter

TXBRONC
11-18-2007, 09:39 AM
I don't get it when people say, "I want to play them at 100% and don't want any of their stars injured because people would downplay the victory."

, the more of their stars that don't play the better. That just gives us a better chance to win. I couldn't give 2 craps whether people downplay it or not. A win is a win.

That's fine, but when someone from amongst us does it its annoying and in my opinion is tantamount to hijacking a thread.

Lonestar
11-18-2007, 10:47 AM
If you can't beat the team in Toto it is a win, but a cheap one. Less meaningful than I prefer to win.

It is one thing to go into a game and and take a player out the game.

SR
11-18-2007, 10:48 AM
I'm with BTB, at this point in the season, I'll be happy with a W so long as it's a clean one.

Day1BroncoFan
11-18-2007, 10:53 AM
If I pray for something it will be an injury free game and a Broncos win.

Haynesworth has a bad temper is what worries me about him.

Skinny
11-18-2007, 11:03 AM
Absolutely. I don't like the Travis 'Banged up' Henry vs Haynesworth matchup either.

I would be just fine with Young getting the start in this one ... he may be the best way to attack this defense, and that's outside the tackles. You have to run the ball between the tackles at times or defenses are going to eat you up ... but running at Hanynesworth early in the game when he's fresh is a big mistake.

Toss Sweeps, Screens, anything to get him going sideline to sideline, laterally, wear him down and take him away from what he does best and that's playing with power and vertically.

If your still fortunate to still be in the game ... running at him will be alot more effective come the 4th quarter when he's got his hands on his hips and his lungs are burnin ...

wandlc
11-18-2007, 11:18 AM
At this time of the NFL season all teams are dealing with injuries. And let's see, the Broncos are missing their two best interior linemen who would be responsible for blocking Haynesworth so to me it is a push as to which team is benefiting the most from injury there. Do you think teams that have had success running the ball against the Broncos are complaining that their success is cheapened because E Ekuban hasn't played, I don't think so. All wins in the NFL are good.

rcsodak
11-18-2007, 12:34 PM
I think it's weak for people to hope an opponent is at less than full strenth, or a certain person can't play.

What good does it do?

You can't brag about the win afterwards.

That'd be like beating the patsies with brady/moss/stallworth sitting on the bench, and tooting your horn about beating them. Seems a little shallow, imho.

Dean
11-18-2007, 12:53 PM
A win is a win. There aren't skill or style points given for beating a better team than for beating a lesser team.

I would imagine that those teams (and their fans) are not upset that they beat us without Nalen, Hamilton, and Walker being present. If Haynesworth still isn't ready to go, I can state with a certainty that tears won't well up in my eyes nor will it detract from my satisfaction if we win.

I don't hope for injuries but if they exist then so be it. You play who the schedule gives you and you play whoever the opponent suits up. Now Broncos, "Git 'er done." :beer:

rcsodak
11-18-2007, 01:19 PM
A win is a win. There aren't skill or style points given for beating a better team than for beating a lesser team.

I would imagine that those teams (and their fans) are not upset that they beat us without Nalen, Hamilton, and Walker being present. If Haynesworth still isn't ready to go, I can state with a certainty that tears won't well up in my eyes nor will it detract from my satisfaction if we win.

I don't hope for injuries but if they exist then so be it. You play who the schedule gives you and you play whoever the opponent suits up. Now Broncos, "Git 'er done." :beer:

I agree, deano. And that's WAY better than saying you're 'praying' that so-so isn't playing.

BigBroncLove
11-18-2007, 03:50 PM
I agree, deano. And that's WAY better than saying you're 'praying' that so-so isn't playing.

Oh cry me a river.... one moment your talking about how shallow a win is playing a lesser team, and the next your agreeing with the same sentiments you said were shallow, but only if they exist after the player is held out, not before. Sounds like someone is grasping at straws to me.

That's right I don't want Haynesworth playing. Did I say I hope Haynesworth is injured? Did I say I hope he never plays again? No. Infact I am the person who hates to see any injury in any game, but the fact of the matter is an injury already exists, one which remains questionable whether Haynesworth will be able to play this week.

Theres a mssive difference betwen wishing injury on a player and hoping an existing injury will hold them out in a crucial week for your team. So tell me what is the difference between deans sentiments and my own? He basically said the same thing as me, but didn't have the "praying" in there.

omac
11-18-2007, 11:42 PM

Oh cry me a river.... one moment your talking about how shallow a win is playing a lesser team, and the next your agreeing with the same sentiments you said were shallow, but only if they exist after the player is held out, not before. Sounds like someone is grasping at straws to me.

That's right I don't want Haynesworth playing. Did I say I hope Haynesworth is injured? Did I say I hope he never plays again? No. Infact I am the person who hates to see any injury in any game, but the fact of the matter is an injury already exists, one which remains questionable whether Haynesworth will be able to play this week.

Theres a mssive difference betwen wishing injury on a player and hoping an existing injury will hold them out in a crucial week for your team. So tell me what is the difference between deans sentiments and my own? He basically said the same thing as me, but didn't have the "praying" in there.

Good post! :cheers: And I couldn't tell the difference between your sentiments and Dean's either. :confused:

A win is a win, nothing cheap about it. In light of all the injuries the Broncos have had since as early as preseason that's caused a major shake-up in the lineup, this team has had to scrap for every win they have ... I'm very proud of that. The only cheap win is when a team cheats to win (i.e. videogate), or intentionally tries to injure a player to take him out of the game.