PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Sign DRC

BroncoWave
03-13-2013, 09:46 PM
This day just keep getting better and better! Per Shefter:

"Broncos reached agreement on a one-year deal with former Eagles CB Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie."

Rex
03-13-2013, 09:48 PM
:cool:

chazoe60
03-13-2013, 09:48 PM
Awesome. I wanted him or Aso.

I think this almost guarantees we pick a RB with one of our first 2 picks. JMHO.

UnderArmour
03-13-2013, 09:51 PM
Super Bowl.

ShaneFalco
03-13-2013, 09:53 PM
Dream team

VonDoom
03-13-2013, 09:53 PM
Really with the exception of the RBs, every "name" mentioned today in connection with the Broncos has signed. This has been one wild day, and I love it. I'm interested to see the draft strategy at this point. I'd say MLB is still an issue, as are RB and more DT help. Let's see where things stand with Doom before we worry about anything else at this point.

MOtorboat
03-13-2013, 09:54 PM
Definitely a big, physical corner.

pipes
03-13-2013, 09:54 PM
Crazy athletic dude. Hopefully he's willing to learn from a future HOFer.

SoCalImport
03-13-2013, 09:55 PM
Super Bowl.

this is the first time someone's used this particular statement in response to a signing that I've not smelled the sarcasm a mile away. No jinxy

skins_fan82
03-13-2013, 09:58 PM
is this real life?!

John Elway is a ******* beast. :cool:

Tned
03-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Just hope they work out a deal with the one trick pony tomorrow.

Then, they can either pick up one of the RB's remaining, or grab one in the draft, considering how many holes were filled the last two days.

Chidoze
03-13-2013, 10:11 PM
Man, what is going on? The Broncos are big players this year in free agency! First Welker, now DRC? Did Elway & Pat Bowlen come across some extra money or something?

Timmy!
03-13-2013, 10:11 PM
Upgrade cb- check.

Dapper Dan
03-13-2013, 10:12 PM
Yeah. We won't be going CB early in the draft now. I love this FA so far. JFE has shown to be a beast in free agency.

Dapper Dan
03-13-2013, 10:12 PM
Man, what is going on? The Broncos are big players this year in free agency! First Welker, now DRC? Did Elway & Pat Bowlen come across some extra money or something?

Manning's Papa Johns restaurants coupled with the mary jane laws. Obviously.

DenBronx
03-13-2013, 10:14 PM
is this real life?!

John Elway is a ******* beast. :cool:

Really he is. He was a beast as a player and he is looking like King Kong in the front office. This guy only wants to win. It seemed like year after year the Broncos just made so many questionable moves and now Elway just seems to hit the nail on the head with each move. We have the leagues best WR group and nowit's certain we also have the leagues best CB group. Score and stop the score = formula to dominate.

Dapper Dan
03-13-2013, 10:18 PM
This has been an awesome offseason so far. Excited to see what else happens. And then there's the draft. It's always football season!

Rick
03-13-2013, 10:21 PM
Not only has Elway brought in some great additions, he hasn't broke the bank in either salary...or length of contract on any of them.

MasterShake
03-13-2013, 11:05 PM
As excited I am and as good as the news is, the offseason just got a lot longer... Awesome day!

BigDaddyBronco
03-13-2013, 11:10 PM
C'mon Doom, not many opportunities in your career to be on a stacked team with a real chance to go to a SB. Isn't that worth $2 million or so?

Poet
03-13-2013, 11:33 PM
/hate post

Lancane
03-13-2013, 11:34 PM
Yeah. We won't be going CB early in the draft now. I love this FA so far. JFE has shown to be a beast in free agency.

Don't bet money on that, Bailey is near the end and DRC has only a one year deal. Don't be surprised if Denver still drafts Trufant as Bailey's eventual successor.

Dapper Dan
03-13-2013, 11:36 PM
Don't bet money on that, Bailey is near the end and DRC has only a one year deal. Don't be surprised if Denver still drafts Trufant as Bailey's eventual successor.

I'd still feel better about working toward the future of our secondary. But I think we still may have some current holes that have to be filled with early picks.

jhildebrand
03-13-2013, 11:37 PM
Draft should focus on a MLB, S, then RB. This team looks solid.

Lancane
03-13-2013, 11:46 PM
Draft should focus on a MLB, S, then RB. This team looks solid.

Elway is transparent and has said he wants Irving and Johnson to battle it out at middle linebacker, the only linebacker they met with that is a draftee is Te'o and I believe as another option should those ahead on their boards be gone. They did not meet just one wide receiver, one defensive lineman, one cornerback...etc. It's the fandom that is not listening and Bradley was brought in as insurance and to be given a chance to compete - he wasn't inked as the starter. Denver may draft a safety, but in round one? Or a running back that early? Vasquez was their primary target and he got a four year deal, no one else got more then a two year deal. This team is being assembled to win now via free agency for Manning, but they're going to build the team of the future through the draft and around Osweiler and Miller.

ikillz0mbies
03-14-2013, 12:16 AM
LOVE what the Broncos have done so far in the off-season. Hopefully, the Broncos get to keep Dumervil with a pay-cut. If not, maybe with that money, sign Delmas and Barwin? I can only hope...

topscribe
03-14-2013, 12:19 AM
Really he is. He was a beast as a player and he is looking like King Kong in the front office. This guy only wants to win. It seemed like year after year the Broncos just made so many questionable moves and now Elway just seems to hit the nail on the head with each move. We have the leagues best WR group and nowit's certain we also have the leagues best CB group. Score and stop the score = formula to dominate.
And what looks to be one of the best offensive lines and one of the best QBs,
if not the best.

ShaneFalco
03-14-2013, 12:29 AM
Elway's Papa Johns restaurants coupled with the mary jane laws. Obviously.

rofl:D

CoachChaz
03-14-2013, 01:01 AM
Still need to draft one, but I love this signing

Poet
03-14-2013, 01:06 AM

I just remember the guy being very good in Arizona. I know he bombed out in Philly, but so did most of that team. If he plays well this year, do you want him for a longer contract?

summit pass
03-14-2013, 02:05 AM
It was due to the defence he played in, under Reid, and a plus if you think about it now. Just one more insight into a rival KC

summit pass
03-14-2013, 02:42 AM
Need a good site for a avatar , working on a kindle fire, ya I know.

CoachChaz
03-14-2013, 04:25 AM

I just remember the guy being very good in Arizona. I know he bombed out in Philly, but so did most of that team. If he plays well this year, do you want him for a longer contract?

Definitely. But I understand the 1 year to start so he can prove Philly was a fluke. Didn't play well ib year one there because they had him in the slot, but looked good there last year

Skinny
03-14-2013, 06:36 AM
Great way to start the day by waking up and seeing we added a excellent piece to the very much improved defense. Very nice.

Orangeanblueski
03-14-2013, 06:43 AM
I love this move by John & Co. This guy doesn't carry any baggage either. :cool:

broncofaninfla
03-14-2013, 08:40 AM
I love this and the other signings as well. Denver is truly now in position to draft the best player available so any CB's that we may draft will have two great veterans to learn under. This will also make Chris Harris even better.

BeefStew25
03-14-2013, 09:08 AM
Need a good site for a avatar , working on a kindle fire, ya I know.

Hey man. You live off Central?

BigDaddyBronco
03-14-2013, 09:12 AM
Hey man. You live off Central?

Like student ghetto or the War Zone?

BeefStew25
03-14-2013, 09:20 AM
Like student ghetto or the War Zone?

Off Girard I bet. La Raza. Blood in blood out.

BigDaddyBronco
03-14-2013, 09:22 AM
Off Girard I bet. La Raza. Blood in blood out.

Maybe Martineztown.

BeefStew25
03-14-2013, 09:23 AM
Maybe Martineztown.

Oh crap. That is like talking about Keyser Sose.

BigDaddyBronco
03-14-2013, 09:23 AM
Oh crap. That is like talking about Keyser Sose.

I'm probably going to get stabbed now.

Dzone
03-14-2013, 09:35 AM
Great pick up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPob8hkjHW8

NightTerror218
03-14-2013, 11:09 AM
Broncos will still sign another in FA. DRC is on a 1 yr contract so I see that as a top need still.

claymore
03-14-2013, 11:14 AM
Broncos will still sign another in FA. DRC is on a 1 yr contract so I see that as a top need still.

If he is good he will get a deal next year, or reworked later this year??? If Shanny signed him it would have been a 6 year $60 million dollar thing and he would have been gone in 2 years.

I need to get off of Elways nuts, but gosh dang he does everything great. Welker and DRC are both great pickups that dont break the bank and tie up money down the road. :soimpressed:

CoachChaz
03-14-2013, 11:18 AM
If he is good he will get a deal next year, or reworked later this year??? If Shanny signed him it would have been a 6 year $60 million dollar thing and he would have been gone in 2 years.

I need to get off of Elways nuts, but gosh dang he does everything great. Welker and DRC are both great pickups that dont break the bank and tie up money down the road. :soimpressed:

When our young guys are due pay days, we'll have plenty of money to take care of them.

BigDaddyBronco
03-14-2013, 11:20 AM

Even worse, Shanny would spend $60 million on some washed up DT with character issues.

Rex
03-14-2013, 11:22 AM
Even worse, Shanny would spend $60 million on some washed up DT with character issues.

Now that we are so far removed, you realize how awful some of Shanny's GM FA moves were.

#DaleCarter

claymore
03-14-2013, 11:24 AM
Now that we are so far removed, you realize how awful some of Shanny's GM FA moves were.

#DaleCarter

Thats exacltly who I was thinking of when we got DRC. Loved Shanny, but I am liking the front office more now than any of the past ones. Hopefully the coaches can make it come all together.

NightTerror218
03-14-2013, 11:26 AM

Elway removed positions of need. The draft will turn in to BPA or give them the freedom to move up and down in early rounds (using later picks) to players who fall and might not make it to us. It is all about building through the draft now. Holes are mostly filled. Now the 1 yr contract players need to have replacements and the aging players.

Positions that could be addressed early in draft:
RB- we are not solid here, injury prone or not great producers (ball)
WR- we are lacking depth Thomas/Decker/Welker/Caldwell
CB- Aging Bailey/ DRC 1 yr deal/Harris/Carter
S- Adams/Moore/Bruton/Carter I do not think Leonhard is on contract still

Rex
03-14-2013, 11:26 AM
Thats exacltly who I was thinking of when we got DRC. Loved Shanny, but I am liking the front office more now than any of the past ones. Hopefully the coaches can make it come all together.

I do too. I mean, they realize this is a buyers market. Get some guys to come in short term to fill some holes without breaking the bank or creating a back loaded mess in a few years when Manning is gone.

Fullback32
03-14-2013, 11:27 AM
A good signing in what could very well be a Super Bowl year.

BigDaddyBronco
03-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Darryl Gardener
Simeon Rice
Eddie Kennison
Travis Henry
Denard Walker

we could go on and on.....

BeefStew25
03-14-2013, 11:35 AM
Glenn Martinez was a value signing.

claymore
03-14-2013, 11:38 AM
Elway removed positions of need. The draft will turn in to BPA or give them the freedom to move up and down in early rounds (using later picks) to players who fall and might not make it to us. It is all about building through the draft now. Holes are mostly filled. Now the 1 yr contract players need to have replacements and the aging players.

Positions that could be addressed early in draft:
RB- we are not solid here, injury prone or not great producers (ball)
WR- we are lacking depth Thomas/Decker/Welker/Caldwell
CB- Aging Bailey/ DRC 1 yr deal/Harris/Carter
S- Adams/Moore/Bruton/Carter I do not think Leonhard is on contract still

I do too. I mean, they realize this is a buyers market. Get some guys to come in short term to fill some holes without breaking the bank or creating a back loaded mess in a few years when Manning is gone.

Like Night Terror said, it sets us up for the draft. There shouldnt be a Jarvis Moss type of reach this year. I think we can go BPA in multiple areas, to include positons of need like RB and CB.

NightTerror218
03-14-2013, 11:39 AM
Like Night Terror said, it sets us up for the draft. There shouldnt be a Jarvis Moss type of reach this year. I think we can go BPA in multiple areas, to include positons of need like RB and CB.

Yay Claymore agrees :salute:

NightTrainLayne
03-14-2013, 11:41 AM
This Claymore guy seems to have his act together, and his thoughts are spot on.

What a great addition to the board.

claymore
03-14-2013, 11:41 AM
Yay Claymore agrees :salute:

You finally said something correct!! :D j/k

claymore
03-14-2013, 11:42 AM

What a great addition to the board.Ive been lurking for a long time, its great to finally contribute!

NightTerror218
03-14-2013, 11:42 AM
You finally said something correct!! :D j/k

welcome back ya jerk :D

dogfish
03-14-2013, 01:33 PM

now he just needs to change that retarded sig. . . :huh:

BeefStew25
03-14-2013, 01:42 PM
Is this the cromartie with the Travis Henry problem?

dogfish
03-14-2013, 01:43 PM
Is this the cromartie with the Travis Henry problem?

nah, that's antonio-- he plays for the jets. . .

Nick
It looks to be a loooong season in San Diego, KC, and Oakland. Sad that it took Manning so long to have a decent front office. Cromartie just signed with Broncos and all players are taking less money to be with Broncos. They are gearing to win it now while having a lot of young talent and going to build with best player available in draft. Brock Osweiler would be a top pick in this draft. With him behind Manning for a couple more years and such a raw talent... Broncos will be good for years to come. Elway and company just get it.

MOtorboat

I think he is a buffoon and will not tolerate such shenanigans and tomfoolery.

Ziggy
03-14-2013, 01:46 PM
Elway is stepping out a bit here. Cromrartie is the first player he's signed with a work ethic issue. Of course, the one year prove it contract immediately motivates him to play at his best all year. Nice move John. The kid has the athleticism and size to be one of the best.

Oh, and welcome back Clay. Did they finally get internet back in the trailer park?

dogfish
03-14-2013, 01:55 PM
Oh, and welcome back Clay. Did they finally get internet back in the trailer park?

i think he was in jail for a while. . .

jhildebrand
03-14-2013, 03:27 PM
So is Doom done in Denver? :confused: I can't keep up. Work is keeping me busy.

MOtorboat
03-14-2013, 03:32 PM
So is Doom done in Denver? :confused: I can't keep up. Work is keeping me busy.

Sounds like the deadline is 2 p.m. MDT tomorrow.

I need Beef's sources to confirm, though.

topscribe
03-14-2013, 03:33 PM
i think he was in jail for a while. . .
Hmmm . . . I never saw him . . .

Dapper Dan
03-14-2013, 03:38 PM
Sounds like the deadline is 2 p.m. MDT tomorrow.

I need Beef's sources to confirm, though.

Dang. I thought it was today. That explains why nothing happened.

DenBronx
03-14-2013, 03:45 PM
C'mon Doom, not many opportunities in your career to be on a stacked team with a real chance to go to a SB. Isn't that worth $2 million or so?

This is all I really hope that gets solved before we head to the draft. Doom just fits what we need and he's not going to get that kind of money on the market anyway. I don't want Freeney, I want Doom and I want to see him get a ring here.

So now that we have DRC and Champ does that mean Harris will go back to nickle to cover slot guys? One thing to note is that the Pats put their TEs sometimes in the slot, so a guy like DRC makes sense to cover bigger TEs in the slot. Not so sure Harris will go to the slot unless its a guy like Amendola. I guess itjust depends on matchups and who is lining up where. One thing is for sure Harris is very versatile.

topscribe
03-14-2013, 03:54 PM
This is all I really hope that gets solved before we head to the draft. Doom just fits what we need and he's not going to get that kind of money on the market anyway. I don't want Freeney, I want Doom and I want to see him get a ring here.

So now that we have DRC and Champ does that mean Harris will go back to nickle to cover slot guys? One thing to note is that the Pats put their TEs sometimes in the slot, so a guy like DRC makes sense to cover bigger TEs in the slot. Not so sure Harris will go to the slot unless its a guy like Amendola. I guess itjust depends on matchups and who is lining up where. One thing is for sure Harris is very versatile.
I believe Denver desperately wants Harris in the slot. It isn't because he can't
play outside, but that CBs who are quick and physical enough to cover slot
receivers and TEs in the middle are relatively rare. Harris just kills it in there.

CoachChaz
03-14-2013, 03:54 PM

DRC was never good in the slot and Harris was. I read ana rticle somewhere where Harris mentioned playing the slot again this year and he even mentioned how it will be fun at practices covering Welker. Nothing is in stone, but based on that little bit of info and wat just makes sense...I think DRC is the RCB and Harris will be the nickel

Poet
03-14-2013, 04:07 PM
You can bet that Champ will not have to cover guys with top end speed. It just go harder on the A.J. Greens and Torrey Smith's of the worlds.

DenBronx
03-14-2013, 04:08 PM
I believe Denver desperately wants Harris in the slot. It isn't because he can't
play outside, but that CBs who are quick and physical enough to cover slot
receivers and TEs in the middle are relatively rare. Harris just kills it in there.

Like I said above, it will depend on matchups. If a guy like Gronk slides over to slot Harris might switch with DRC for that play. DRC is a little taller and physical.

DRC was never good in the slot and Harris was. I read ana rticle somewhere where Harris mentioned playing the slot again this year and he even mentioned how it will be fun at practices covering Welker. Nothing is in stone, but based on that little bit of info and wat just makes sense...I think DRC is the RCB and Harris will be the nickel

If Harris wants that then i'm all for it. You are correct, I read on his FB page yesterday that he is looking forward to going head to head against Welker in "the slot" in practices everyday. Looks like that is the plan. I think Harris is a better DB than DRC but that's just my opinion.

Oe things for sure, our safeties will have zero excuses next year and they better get the job done.

dogfish
03-14-2013, 04:10 PM
so, does anybody think DRC can play safety?

:heh:

CoachChaz
03-14-2013, 04:11 PM
Like I said above, it will depend on matchups. If a guy like Gronk slides over to slot Harris might switch with DRC for that play. DRC is a little taller and physical.

If Harris wants that then i'm all for it. You are correct, I read on his FB page yesterday that he is looking forward to going head to head against Welker in "the slot" in practices everyday. Looks like that is the plan. I think Harris is a better DB than DRC but that's just my opinion.

Oe things for sure, our safeties will have zero excuses next year and they better get the job done.

Hard to say. DRC was an All-Pro before he got sent to the clusterfuq in Philly. Despite not utilizing hi strengths, he had a decent season this past year. Harris is a guy the can succeed despite his short-comings and DRC is a guy that has all the talent in the world, but has been in 2 bad situations.

I like how when Denver recruited him, he mentioned they told him where he was weak and how they could help. If they can pull his true talent out of him...he'll be getting a lot more money next season

Poet
03-14-2013, 04:11 PM

Please don't summon Chef.

claymore
03-14-2013, 04:14 PM
Hard to say. DRC was an All-Pro before he got sent to the clusterfuq in Philly. Despite not utilizing hi strengths, he had a decent season this past year. Harris is a guy the can succeed despite his short-comings and DRC is a guy that has all the talent in the world, but has been in 2 bad situations.

I like how when Denver recruited him, he mentioned they told him where he was weak and how they could help. If they can pull his true talent out of him...he'll be getting a lot more money next season

I havent read that. Pretty cool though. He might be out of our price range if he has a good year and a SB ring next year. Hopefully, if he plays well they can restructure/extend him midaway through the season.

topscribe
03-14-2013, 04:17 PM
I havent read that. Pretty cool though. He might be out of our price range if he has a good year and a SB ring next year. Hopefully, if he plays well they can restructure/extend him midaway through the season.
RDC said that in his post-signing presser (http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Rodgers-Cromartie-Im-Just-Ready-to-Start/d000fd33-57aa-401a-b220-58e2de100d78) at Dove Valley.

claymore
03-14-2013, 04:19 PM
RDC said that in his post-signing presser (http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Rodgers-Cromartie-Im-Just-Ready-to-Start/d000fd33-57aa-401a-b220-58e2de100d78) at Dove Valley.

Hows the goats been Top?

topscribe
03-14-2013, 04:21 PM
Hows the goats been Top?
You mean it didn't run off with you?

Where's Beef?

DenBronx
03-14-2013, 04:21 PM

Don't start this shit again. :laugh:

claymore
03-14-2013, 04:24 PM
You mean it didn't run off with you?

Where's Beef?

I got all knotted up and it pulled me like 3 meters before I could let go without killing the both of us.

Dont you mean "where is the Beef?"

topscribe
03-14-2013, 04:28 PM
I got all knotted up and it pulled me like 3 meters before I could let go without killing the both of us.

Dont you mean "where is the Beef?"
No, where's Beef? He's the only guy I know who would run off with it and make it look like it was you . . .

claymore
03-14-2013, 04:32 PM
No, where's Beef? He's the only guy I know who would run off with it and make it look like it was you . . .

Beef would split the goat wide open. Id be lucky to tickle the side walls a little. :(

topscribe
03-14-2013, 04:33 PM
Beef would split the goat wide open. Id be lucky to tickle the side walls a little. :(
I wouldn't know . . .

Um . . . forget it . . .

Nomad
03-14-2013, 06:22 PM
So Zam....does this mean Bailey to safety!?!:D

SR
03-14-2013, 06:22 PM

Why would you!

dogfish
03-14-2013, 06:24 PM
Why would you!

nomad don't care. . . nomad don't give a shit!

Nomad
03-14-2013, 06:24 PM
Why would you!

joke, SR, joke! Lighten up, I just woke up and this is the first thing I thought of.

SR
03-14-2013, 07:01 PM
joke, SR, joke! Lighten up, I just woke up and this is the first thing I thought of.

Oh man. You're cruising for a bruising with zamspeak. He's been absent throughout all of this and you HAD to go on and do it.

chazoe60
03-14-2013, 07:13 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/14/rodgers-cromartie-broncos-are-a-real-team-not-a-dream-team/

The Broncos, Rodgers-Cromartie said, have already made clear to him that they’re going to have a workmanlike mentality, and they’re not going to celebrate just because they’ve made some big-name free-agent signings.

MOtorboat
03-14-2013, 08:11 PM

I will gut you.

Simple Jaded
03-14-2013, 11:22 PM
nomad don't care. . . nomad don't give a shit!

Nomad is pretty badass.......

topscribe
03-14-2013, 11:35 PM
Shoot, I caught that, and I'm still asleep . . .

summit pass
03-15-2013, 12:16 AM
THE idea of champ being a FS is a death sentance like that of a professorial bull**iter. Two times as hard.