PDA

View Full Version : Huard out Croyle in

kcvet
11-17-2007, 12:38 PM
the word is Croyle will finish the season at QB. in addition to lack luster performance, Huard has taken a severe physical beating.
Croyle will get baptized good as he starts against the Colts on the road. they have lost 2 in row. dare they lose 3???? and to Kansas city. I think with this rookie under center they'll tee off on him. stand by sports fans.
match up:
here (here)

KCL
11-17-2007, 12:45 PM
the word is Croyle will finish the season at QB. in addition to lack luster performance, Huard has taken a severe physical beating.
Croyle will get baptized good as he starts against the Colts on the road. they have lost 2 in row. dare they lose 3???? and to Kansas city. I think with this rookie under center they'll tee off on him. stand by sports fans.
match up:
here (here)

yea with our line...Huard has taken a beating.I don't see it being much
different for Croyle.But then again I think Croyle can move around in the
pocket better than Huard can.Huard hung on to the ball way too long and would take the sack instead of just throwing the ball away.

I don't think theres any way the Chiefs go to Indy and win.

kcvet
11-17-2007, 12:52 PM
yea with our line...Huard has taken a beating.I don't see it being much
different for Croyle.But then again I think Croyle can move around in the
pocket better than Huard can.Huard hung on to the ball way too long and would take the sack instead of just throwing the ball away.

I don't think theres any way the Chiefs go to Indy and win.

I agree. Croyle will be running for his life.

BigBroncLove
11-17-2007, 05:05 PM
I like Croyle over Huard quite a bit. He will have to suffer behind that line of KC's, and will make those rookie mistakes so a few interceptions should be expected, but overall I think he releases faster and with more accuracy then Huard.

The beating Hard has taken through this year seems to have accumlated and every week he seems less and less polished. I have liked Croyles level of play in the pre season and when he's been asked to step in (plus he has a smoking wife :D ) . I think its a smart move. At the worst it will give Croyle the valuable snaps he requires for next year. At best it will be an improvement. The key for Croyle IMO is getting the running game going ASAP. Without there will be to much pressure on Croyle in situations he will likely have to little time to throw and to few weapons to throw to.

I wouldn't expect him to take KC to new heights this season, but I do think it will be an upgrade (with the obvious growing pains).

kcvet
11-17-2007, 06:12 PM
if Holmes has a good day running we my stand a chance. that will take a lot of heat off Croyle. his main asset is his ability to run away from the pressue. no doubt the Colts will bring it. and often. not a good game for a rookies' first start.

KCL
11-17-2007, 06:26 PM
if Holmes has a good day running we my stand a chance. that will take a lot of heat off Croyle. his main asset is his ability to run away from the pressue. no doubt the Colts will bring it. and often. not a good game for a rookies' first start.

I would love to see Holmes break loose and have this game be his
return to his former playing days.That would be nice.He didnt gain
too many yards but he made some nice cuts last Sunday.

I think his longest run was 12 yds....oh how we miss Roaf and Shields
but I know they couldnt play forever.Hopefully our line will be something
that will be addressed in the off season.

kcvet
11-17-2007, 07:38 PM
I would love to see Holmes break loose and have this game be his
return to his former playing days.That would be nice.He didnt gain
too many yards but he made some nice cuts last Sunday.

I think his longest run was 12 yds....oh how we miss Roaf and Shields
but I know they couldnt play forever.Hopefully our line will be something
that will be addressed in the off season.

I think even Edwards has seen enough of this O line. he'll go hunting in the off season.

kcvet
11-17-2007, 09:24 PM
Colts have some injuries:

QUESTIONABLE T Ryan Diem (Ankle)
T Daniel Federkeil (Concussion)
FB Bryan Fletcher (Calf)
SS Matt Giordano (Hamstring)
WR Anthony Gonzalez (Hand)
OLB Tyjuan Hagler (Neck)
WR Marvin Harrison (Knee)
CB Daymeion Hughes (Shoulder)
CB Tim Jennings (Upper Leg)
T Charlie Johnson (Ankle)
SS Bob Sanders (Knee)

TXBRONC
11-17-2007, 10:05 PM
Now you all will get some idea of what Croyle can and can not do.

omac
11-18-2007, 04:42 AM
Colts have some injuries:

QUESTIONABLE T Ryan Diem (Ankle)
T Daniel Federkeil (Concussion)
FB Bryan Fletcher (Calf)
SS Matt Giordano (Hamstring)
WR Anthony Gonzalez (Hand)
OLB Tyjuan Hagler (Neck)
WR Marvin Harrison (Knee)
CB Daymeion Hughes (Shoulder)
CB Tim Jennings (Upper Leg)
T Charlie Johnson (Ankle)
SS Bob Sanders (Knee)

The injury to Sanders is big; they couldn't stop the run last season without Sanders, so Priest could have a very good day, and that can only help Croyle. It also can't hurt that he has one of the best TEs in the league.

I thought Croyle played pretty well against Denver for his first start. He made some good throws, and the INT only came from a miscommunication with his receivers. They should probably script out his plays for the start of the game, so he doesn't think too much. He looked much better than he did preseason.

He also seems to have a pretty good arm. Only thing he needs to do next season is bulk up so he can take more hits.

KCL
11-18-2007, 09:15 AM
I think even Edwards has seen enough of this O line. he'll go hunting in the off season.

I know Chiefs fans have seen enough of it....:banghead:

kcvet
11-18-2007, 09:38 AM
I can't remember. did Cutler take over under similar conditions???? or did he start out the season as QB????
I think Croyle will get a good education today on what this is all about. I hope the rest of the team helps out. cause he's gonna need it. starting out as a rookie in mid season under this pressure can discourage anyone. and his coach is not throwing in the season towl. Edwards still wants in the play-offs.
this move is out of desperation. ever since game 2 we've had to listen to Edwards wine and moan and complain about the O. im sick of his complaining. he's at fault here. he should have brought in and worked out more QB's in training camp. taking over for Trent Green was not going to be easy. so he tried to sell us on Huard and Croyle. I couldn't believe it. and I didn't buy it for a second. so here we are at mid season with no experienced QB. that's my vent. gee I feel better.

KCL
11-18-2007, 09:48 AM
I can't remember. did Cutler take over under similar conditions???? or did he start out the season as QB????
I think Croyle will get a good education today on what this is all about. I hope the rest of the team helps out. cause he's gonna need it. starting out as a rookie in mid season under this pressure can discourage anyone. and his coach is not throwing in the season towl. Edwards still wants in the play-offs.
this move is out of desperation. ever since game 2 we've had to listen to Edwards wine and moan and complain about the O. im sick of his complaining. he's at fault here. he should have brought in and worked out more QB's in training camp. taking over for Trent Green was not going to be easy. so he tried to sell us on Huard and Croyle. I couldn't believe it. and I didn't buy it for a second. so here we are at mid season with no experienced QB. that's my vent. gee I feel better.

Yea this is Cutlers first full season.I believe Plummer was benched after Denver lost the game to KC last years on Thanksgiving.I might be wrong on that.I personally didnt think Plummer was that bad.

Well my husband says the same thing about Huard...there is a reason he has always been a backup.Weird thing is he stepped in and did a pretty decent job when Green was hurt.

Herm and Carl both knew with Shields and Roaf gone that the O line needed work and did what? Brian Waters is good but he can't do it all.For the most part I think Huard had pretty good protection.But it is something that still needs to be addressed,

How about our secondary? They seem to get burned alot.I think we have alot of young guys who are going to make a difference in the years to come.But we aren't going anywhere this season.There are still changes that need to be made.

Maybe Croyle will develope.He hasnt even been given the chance to play a entire game yet.

You made me vent too!:laugh:

TXBRONC
11-18-2007, 10:04 AM

Other than the fact that Jay was a rookie yes the circumstances are similar.
We were missing our starting left tackle, and our original starting right tackle who was struggling was replace by Adam Meadows who also struggled. We just didn't move the ball very well all year. And our running game was not what Broncos fans have been accustomed to over the past decade.

There is also one other small difference that could be more beneficial for the Chiefs. Croyle is making his first start in his 10th game of the season where as Jay made his first in the 11th. I think an extra start could be help the stretch run because it gives him one extra game to get up to speed and may ultimately help in the stretch run for the playoffs. I'm not saying it will but it could.

kcvet
11-18-2007, 10:06 AM
Yea this is Cutlers first full season.I believe Plummer was benched after Denver lost the game to KC last years on Thanksgiving.I might be wrong on that.I personally didnt think Plummer was that bad.

Well my husband says the same thing about Huard...there is a reason he has always been a backup.Weird thing is he stepped in and did a pretty decent job when Green was hurt.

Herm and Carl both knew with Shields and Roaf gone that the O line needed work and did what? Brian Waters is good but he can't do it all.For the most part I think Huard had pretty good protection.But it is something that still needs to be addressed,

How about our secondary? They seem to get burned alot.I think we have alot of young guys who are going to make a difference in the years to come.But we aren't going anywhere this season.There are still changes that need to be made.

Maybe Croyle will develope.He hasnt even been given the chance to play a entire game yet.

he'll fix the D. take that to the bank. he wants the O to score some points then win with the D. you ever him say just how many points he wants to score???? not me.
Huard's like Green. he's a pocket passer. uh oh. them that live in the pocket shall die in the pocket !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

TXBRONC
11-18-2007, 10:14 AM

Plummer was playing that bad KCL in my opinion. He was on pace to throw 20or more intereptions for the second time in his Broncos career which in and of itself isn't that big of deal, however it would have more than likely been the sixth time in ten years that he had thrown that many picks.

kcvet
11-18-2007, 10:20 AM
Other than the fact that Jay was a rookie yes the circumstances are similar.
We were missing our starting left tackle, and our original starting right tackle who was struggling was replace by Adam Meadows who also struggled. We just didn't move the ball very well all year. And our running game was not what Broncos fans have been accustomed to over the past decade.

There is also one other small difference that could be more beneficial for the Chiefs. Croyle is making his first start in his 10th game of the season where as Jay made his first in the 11th. I think an extra start could be help the stretch run because it gives him one extra game to get up to speed and may ultimately help in the stretch run for the playoffs. I'm not saying it will but it could.

I thought he took over during the season. and I also was very impressed. he's got a good arm and instincts as well. but you do have to match them up with a good O line. same thing with RB's. they owe their careers to that O line.

KCL
11-18-2007, 10:24 AM
he'll fix the D. take that to the bank. he wants the O to score some points then win with the D. you ever him say just how many points he wants to score???? not me.
Huard's like Green. he's a pocket passer. uh oh. them that live in the pocket shall die in the pocket !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

well Huard looked like he was dying in the pocket.Like I said if you remember some of the games...he had plenty of time to look for Gonzo or Bowe.At other times...it would just collapse.I guess depending on who we were playing I suppose.

All I know is I have been watching the Chiefs for a long time,same as you.Going thru all the different players we have had thru the yrs. And we have done what???
Last time we even had a chance was when Montana was our QB and thats been a long time ago now.CP has been with KC for 18 yrs now.I would think that one of Lamars sons would of been the GM.

I will always be a Chiefs fan...could never see myself being a fan of any other team,but I hope we win another SB before I am too old to even know whats going on..:laugh:

KCL
11-18-2007, 10:31 AM
Plummer was playing that bad KCL in my opinion. He was on pace to throw 20or more intereptions for the second time in his Broncos career which in and of itself isn't that big of deal, however it would have more than likely been the sixth time in ten years that he had thrown that many picks.

was he? I didnt realize he was throwing that many picks.
Of course not being a Denver fan,I wouldnt know that,I was just thinking
that you all went to the playoff game with him and that was a plus.

kcvet
11-18-2007, 10:33 AM
well Huard looked like he was dying in the pocket.Like I said if you remember some of the games...he had plenty of time to look for Gonzo or Bowe.At other times...it would just collapse.I guess depending on who we were playing I suppose.

All I know is I have been watching the Chiefs for a long time,same as you.Going thru all the different players we have had thru the yrs. And we have done what???
Last time we even had a chance was when Montana was our QB and thats been a long time ago now.CP has been with KC for 18 yrs now.I would think that one of Lamars sons would of been the GM.

I will always be a Chiefs fan...could never see myself being a fan of any other team,but I hope we win another SB before I am too old to even know whats going on..:laugh:

same here. just 1 more SB before I die. the last one I was just a kid. and had to listen to it from Viet nam !!!!!!!!

KCL
11-18-2007, 10:34 AM
same here. just 1 more SB before I die. the last one I was just a kid. and had to listen to it from Viet nam !!!!!!!!

and I was even more of a kid and had no interest in football then.I was too
busy playing with my dollies..:laugh:

kcvet
11-18-2007, 10:53 AM
and I was even more of a kid and had no interest in football then.I was too
busy playing with my dollies..:laugh:

for me it was girls and cars. but uncle sam said give me those keys. take this gun.
BTY im watching one of the pre game shows. their all on their knees praying. hahaha:laugh:

KCL
11-18-2007, 10:55 AM
for me it was girls and cars. but uncle sam said give me those keys. take this gun.
BTY im watching one of the pre game shows. their all on their knees praying. hahaha:laugh:

what are you watching? Praying huh? Hey if it'll help I will join them..;)

kcvet
11-18-2007, 11:07 AM
what are you watching? Praying huh? Hey if it'll help I will join them..;)

local channel 5. CBS. from 9:30 -11:00 am.
I think the good lord this year is listening to NE, Colts and Packers. but I would like to see Manning sacked and knoced flat on his A**. he hates being sacked.

kcvet
11-18-2007, 11:45 AM
good news. on the pre game they announced Drummond it out !!!! GOOD MOVE. Webb will take over.

y2cragie
11-18-2007, 01:47 PM
I've been saying from the moment he was drafted that Brodie will be a good fit for KC. Not only does he have the arm to run the deep plays that KC likes to use. But he is also mobile enough to get round the lack of a good offensive line.

kcvet
11-18-2007, 02:23 PM
we're at half. tied 3-3. our D is awesome. but I can see why the Colts are struggling. colts have only about 73 yds of O.

the Bolts are getting beat.

TXBRONC
11-18-2007, 03:09 PM
was he? I didnt realize he was throwing that many picks.
Of course not being a Denver fan,I wouldnt know that,I was just thinking
that you all went to the playoff game with him and that was a plus.

He had 13 interceptions in 10 games.

kcvet
11-18-2007, 03:14 PM
end of 3. 10-10
Croyle 15 yd TD to bowe.

Tned
11-18-2007, 03:35 PM
How is Croyle playing?

kcvet
11-18-2007, 04:02 PM
How is Croyle playing?

really good. I TD throw. he kept his composure. but we lose it 13-10.

KCL
11-18-2007, 04:06 PM
really good. I TD throw. he kept his composure. but we lose it 13-10.

Not too bad of a showing for Croyles first start...IMO...

And Manning running the time off the clock..:mad:

Oh well!

kcvet
11-18-2007, 04:15 PM
Not too bad of a showing for Croyles first start...IMO...

And Manning running the time off the clock..:mad:

Oh well!

once again you can't win with only 10 pts. I think they were afraid to cut Croyle loose.

KCL
11-18-2007, 04:24 PM
once again you can't win with only 10 pts. I think they were afraid to cut Croyle loose.

vet-I have been saying all along that we needs a new OC.
His playcalling is crap.We have some talent on the O and half the
time they are not utilized the way they should be.

I thought he was going to get Holmes injured again today.They never
got the running game going and would not go to the passing game as
much as they should of.

kcvet
11-18-2007, 04:29 PM
vet-I have been saying all along that we needs a new OC.
His playcalling is crap.We have some talent on the O and half the
time they are not utilized the way they should be.

I thought he was going to get Holmes injured again today.They never
got the running game going and would not go to the passing game as
much as they should of.

yeah Edwards wants more O fire works. this was his loss not the teams.