PDA

View Full Version : FA Running Backs

tubby
03-12-2013, 02:33 PM
Who would you like to see in Orange and Blue 2013? Pick one, people.

underrated29
03-12-2013, 02:35 PM
in order

sjax
mendenhall
green
turner
bush

tubby
03-12-2013, 02:38 PM
Cecil Lammey‏@cecillammey

how much tread does he have left? Steven Jackson’s 2,395 carries are over 400 more than any other active RB (#broncos Willis McGahee, 1,957)

Northman
03-12-2013, 02:38 PM
It was a close call between Bush and Greene for me but i went with Greene. I still like the fact he is durable and consistent.

NightTerror218
03-12-2013, 02:43 PM
Jackson is older and too many miles for me. If we pick him up a pounder of a RB needs to be drafted. he is only a yr or 2 fix.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-12-2013, 02:43 PM
The sucker in me wants the homerun threat in Reggie Bush. Pairing him with Peyton could be very exciting!

That said, it really depends on what we are looking for.

Either:

Cut Moreno, keep McGahee, and sign Bush (and pursue Chris Ivory! ;) )

or

Cut McGahee and sign Jackson, Greene, or Mendenhall to be our bruiser.

tubby
03-12-2013, 02:45 PM
Nothing like a good ole pole! I must say, it feels damn good. :D

NightTerror218
03-12-2013, 02:45 PM
The sucker in me wants the homerun threat in Reggie Bush. Pairing him with Peyton could be very exciting!

Either:

or

Bush has also increased him # of fumbles in the last 2 years. I see that as a concern.

dogfish
03-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Cecil Lammey‏@cecillammey

how much tread does he have left? Steven Jackson’s 2,395 carries are over 400 more than any other active RB (#broncos Willis McGahee, 1,957)

love sjax, but that's what scares me about him. . . that, and his steadily-declining YPC. . . bush has less mileage on him, and is a great fit for this offense-- you could even line him up in the slot with another back in the backfield. . .

BroncoNut
03-12-2013, 02:50 PM
right tubby, shonn greene is the best back that ever played the game. let's sign him up. (go hawks).

acutally, I'm not sure on any of this anymore. othere than highlights a time or 2, I haven't watched these guys. and personally, I'm not so sure we need a back. mendenhall sounds like a dick, shonnn greene is alright, as is steven Jackson although he has GOT to be wearing down. loved him in STL. Reggie Bush? not my type of back if he's just a breaking one now and again. not the way football games should be won. I'll have to think on this some more, because as of right now Tubby? I'm just not so sure.

underrated29
03-12-2013, 02:55 PM
Here is my thing with Bush. He is not a bruiser -which we need and are looking for. But more than that I do not see anything he offers that we do not have in knowshon or hillman. Now granted, he is a combo of both. Good hands, fast, shifty etc. And would be so sick in the slot for us and on sweeps etc. But I dont know......I just dont see a lot of value with him on our team.

MOtorboat
03-12-2013, 02:56 PM
Hoes is a dirtbag.

Reggie Bush.

Ziggy
03-12-2013, 02:56 PM
Sign Bush and use him like the Saints used him. He could have 100 receptions in this offense and be a matchup nightmare for opposing defenses.

tubby
03-12-2013, 02:58 PM
Hoes is a dirtbag.

Reggie Bush.

what are you insinuating you little funker?

HORSEPOWER 56
03-12-2013, 02:59 PM
Here is my thing with Bush. He is not a bruiser -which we need and are looking for. But more than that I do not see anything he offers that we do not have in knowshon or hillman. Now granted, he is a combo of both. Good hands, fast, shifty etc. And would be so sick in the slot for us and on sweeps etc. But I dont know......I just dont see a lot of value with him on our team.

That's why I said "I'm a sucker". He has gamebreaking speed (real speed, not Hillman unimpressive speed) which plays beautifully in our single back or shotgun spread style of offense. He did a decent job carrying most of the load on a pretty untalented Miami team. If McGahee is staying, I think Bush would be a real compliment to the offense.

BroncoNut
03-12-2013, 03:00 PM

wow, you actually make him sound pretty desirable. but our offense, at the end of the season is designed for what we have now in the backfield. I don't think we need another running back if McGahee is ready to go. my only concern iw with the longevity of knowshon. it may no longer be an issue but who knows. he didn't have surgery since the end of the season did he? stiill need to see a bit more with hillman, but I tell you, I like what i see in him. he is light though. mcgahee has another year in him I think. another solid one.

MOtorboat
03-12-2013, 03:00 PM
what are you insinuating you little funker?

You forgot the "Hoes is a dirtbag" option which is a requirement of every pole.

Lancane
03-12-2013, 03:01 PM
1. Greene
2. Mendenhall
3. Bush
4. Jackson
5. Your Momma
6. Stick With the Current Stable
7. Turner

BroncoNut
03-12-2013, 03:02 PM

not a requirement for every dutchman though :pound:

CoachChaz
03-12-2013, 03:02 PM
I'll stick with SJax. Run, catch, block. You want consistency, here is a guy that has been doing it for a few years and in all honesty...hasnt showed any signs of slowing down. His YPC have bounced around, but other than one year, always in the 4.1 to 4.4 range. All while playing behind a very bad line.

Bring him in for 2 years and draft the replacement next year

tubby
03-12-2013, 03:08 PM

I miss that Jew.

chazoe60
03-12-2013, 03:09 PM
I miss that Jew.

Well, don't lead him so much.

tubby
03-12-2013, 03:10 PM
1. Greene
2. Mendenhall
3. Bush
4. Jackson
5. Your Momma
6. Stick With the Current Stable
7. Turner

Yo Mamma smack? **** of my thread.

Lancane
03-12-2013, 03:13 PM

Spank you very much Tubs!

BroncoNut
03-12-2013, 03:14 PM
I miss that Jew.

I miss Hoe alot.

BroncoNut
03-12-2013, 03:15 PM

why don't you mind your manners a bit and be thankful that people are even participating in this crappy pole

Lancane
03-12-2013, 03:15 PM
I miss Hoe alot.

You mean you miss the hole a lot, Nut? ;)

underrated29
03-12-2013, 03:17 PM
That's why I said "I'm a sucker". He has gamebreaking speed (real speed, not Hillman unimpressive speed) which plays beautifully in our single back or shotgun spread style of offense. He did a decent job carrying most of the load on a pretty untalented Miami team. If McGahee is staying, I think Bush would be a real compliment to the offense.

Ya. Cant fault that logic. I would be real excited if we added him too, but just not as my first choice. I am willing to bet we sign one FA RB and draft another. Mcgahee is either cut or they all battle it out in camp. The only one for sure staying on our roster this year is hillman. Id really like to sign sjax and bush and dump hillman and mcgahee. However, that will never happen.

BroncoNut
03-12-2013, 03:18 PM
You mean you miss the hole a lot, Nut? ;)

wtf is your problem Lancane? How dare you? **** of Tubby's crappy thread!!!

Lancane
03-12-2013, 03:19 PM
I just hope we don't sign a whole lot of one and done free agents who spend a good portion of their contracts on depends!

Lancane
03-12-2013, 03:23 PM
wtf is your problem Lancane? How dare you? **** of Tubby's crappy thread!!!

Me? I have no problem with **** of Tubby's crappy thread!!! It's so crappy I had to poke some fun at it, g'damn-it-all - I don't bother you when you are poking it! :D

:laugh:

BroncoNut
03-12-2013, 03:26 PM
Me? I have no problem with **** of Tubby's crappy thread!!! It's so crappy I had to poke some fun at it, g'damn-it-all - I don't bother you when you are poking it! :D

:laugh:

i really mess up alot of posts. oh well. who was michael turner playing for last anyway? was it atlanta? I say if anyone of those options, go with him

tubby
03-12-2013, 03:34 PM
You tards have ruined my fine thread. thanks, mods flush this B

BroncoNut
03-12-2013, 03:35 PM
You tards have ruined my fine thread. thanks, mods flush this B

hey wait a minute. who are you calling tards tardo?

Lancane
03-12-2013, 03:37 PM
Mendenhall is likely to be the one we're going to sign, unless he completely blows during his meeting with the front office! :shocked:

BroncoNut
03-12-2013, 03:39 PM
Mendenhall is likely to be the one we're going to sign, unless he completely blows during his meeting with the front office! :shocked:

mendenhall seemed good, but he just sounds like such a meanie

slim
03-12-2013, 03:41 PM
Mike Goodson.

Lancane
03-12-2013, 03:42 PM
mendenhall seemed good, but he just sounds like such a meanie

Not sure about being a Meanie...but I do worry about his attitude problems that showed during the past couple of seasons.

BroncoNut
03-12-2013, 03:44 PM
Not sure about being a Meanie...but I do worry about his attitude problems that showed during the past couple of seasons.

meanie was a euphaism. that's kinda what I meant. i have no problem with meaness on the field, in the classical sense. even some cheap play if youi can get away with it is cool wiht me

Lancane
03-12-2013, 03:47 PM
meanie was a euphaism. that's kinda what I meant. i have no problem with meaness on the field, in the classical sense. even some cheap play if youi can get away with it is cool wiht me

Yeah, but refusing to show up to a game because you were not going to start, then were suspended for breaking team rules? That is a bit much. Hopefully, if we sign him we'll see the pounder he was the year before and without the piss poor attitude.

sneakers
03-12-2013, 04:25 PM
Bush is a rich man's Moreno

CoachChaz
03-12-2013, 04:27 PM
Mike Goodson.

I thought about him, but ddnt want to risk being called bias again

slim
03-12-2013, 04:32 PM
I thought about him, but ddnt want to risk being called bias again

He always stands out to me when I watch him play.

I would take him over anyone listed in the poll.

CoachChaz
03-12-2013, 04:33 PM
He always stands out to me when I watch him play.

I would take him over anyone listed in the poll.

Still young, good receiver, excellent speed, produces when he gets the chance. Hard to argue with it

Lancane
03-12-2013, 04:35 PM
I like Goodson, but the reason he is not on the list is because Denver seems to be targeting those who are somewhat proven at the pro level. And it's alright to be bias at times coach, I am that way sometimes with others from my Alma mater.

CoachChaz
03-12-2013, 04:38 PM
I like Goodson, but the reason he is not on the list is because Denver seems to be targeting those who are somewhat proven at the pro level. And it's alright to be bias at times coach, I am that way sometimes with others from my Alma mater.

But I'm not bias...that's the problem. I dont want every Aggie out there. Right now, I'd settle for Bennett (assuming Doom is released)

Lancane
03-12-2013, 04:43 PM
But I'm not bias...that's the problem. I dont want every Aggie out there. Right now, I'd settle for Bennett (assuming Doom is released)

You and me both Coach, I'd take Bennett over a ton of the near the end of the line ends graded higher on the market.

atwater27
03-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Yes to Jackson, he could be phenomenal for a year or 2 if he stays healthy. Yes to Bush, he has quietly become a somewhat complete back after falling waaaaaaaay below expectations coming out of college. Not sure about Mendenhall, looks like an average back at this point in his career with serious questions about his durability. Shonn Greene HELLLL NO, he is slow, and has average power. Whats' the point? And Turner; situational goalline/ tough yards runner, wouldn't be worth the money. 4 years ago I would have been excited, but a big back like him at his age and wear; no thanks.

CoachChaz
03-12-2013, 06:32 PM
Just draft one.

Zweems56
03-12-2013, 06:49 PM
Just draft one.

Yeah, let's do this one.

Nomad
03-12-2013, 06:54 PM
There is no love for Michael Turner:lol:

There was no 'not sure' option.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-12-2013, 07:43 PM
The way I see it, we're probably not really in the running for Bush. He's got at least 3 teams courting him. Jackson looks "likely" to go to Green Bay according to rotoworld leaving Greene and Mendenhall. Mendenhall is the more physically talented back but has some baggage with injury and questionable tweets. Greene appears to be more durable, but he's really not explosive nor is he overly powerful for his size. He's a step up from a guy like Lance Ball but that's about it.

I'm kinda hoping for Mendenhall over Greene. Maybe he can become the guy Mike Mayock thought he'd be in Denver?

Rex
03-12-2013, 09:19 PM
Someone actually voted for Shonn Greene.

SR
03-12-2013, 09:26 PM

If my iPhone gave me the option to vote, that's who I'd vote for.

Jsteve01
03-12-2013, 11:54 PM
Greene or ivory. Greene was serviceable behind a horrid line. Reggie bush probably makes the most sense in this offense. I just think hes due to get hurt after all the carries last year

underrated29
03-13-2013, 01:00 AM
If my iPhone gave me the option to vote, that's who I'd vote for.

You shut your dirty mouth

dogfish
03-13-2013, 01:33 AM
You shut your dirty mouth

oh no you don't talk to SR like that!

TXBRONC
03-13-2013, 10:02 AM
love sjax, but that's what scares me about him. . . that, and his steadily-declining YPC. . . bush has less mileage on him, and is a great fit for this offense-- you could even line him up in the slot with another back in the backfield. . .

Maybe it's just my preception but I've never thought of Bush as being very good at running between the tackles.

TXBRONC
03-13-2013, 10:08 AM

Either:

or

We can't cut Moreno because his production is in line with what he's being paid. Raising the bar is just unacceptable.

Northman
03-13-2013, 10:08 AM

The Horror!!!! Gasp!!!!

TXBRONC
03-13-2013, 10:43 AM

Damn right I did Rex. :D

NightTerror218
03-13-2013, 12:19 PM
scratch Bush off the list, he is a lion

Lancane
03-13-2013, 12:26 PM
scratch Bush off the list, he is a lion

Not surprising, that was their top target in Free Agency and most expected the signing. Mendenhall is a bigger mystery at this time, he's a real hot commodity as is Mike Goodson. Depending on what Mendenhall does next I think Denver might start pursuing Shonn Greene.

NightTerror218
03-13-2013, 12:27 PM
Not surprising, that was their top target in Free Agency and most expected the signing. Mendenhall is a bigger mystery at this time, he's a real hot commodity as is Mike Goodson. Depending on what Mendenhall does next I think Denver might start pursuing Shonn Greene.

I wonder who will target Pollard now that he is free. WTF are the Ravens doing? They lost 5 starters on defense so far. Did Flacco screw them over for cash that bad?

Lancane
03-13-2013, 12:34 PM
I wonder who will target Pollard now that he is free. WTF are the Ravens doing? They lost 5 starters on defense so far. Did Flacco screw them over for cash that bad?

It's being reported that Denver is interested in Delmas, so Denver could eventually look at Pollard. As for what the Ravens are doing, I have no clue - but the fans are starting to blame Flacco for a good part of what is going on.

NightTerror218
03-13-2013, 12:36 PM
It's being reported that Denver is interested in Delmas, so Denver could eventually look at Pollard. As for what the Ravens are doing, I have no clue - but the fans are starting to blame Flacco for a good part of what is going on.

I would too. If you are near cap and then sign a guy to $8mill more a year. That $8mill has to give somewhere.

Zweems56
03-13-2013, 12:43 PM
Mendenhall agreed with Cardinals for a year. YES!

And Cardinals reached an agreement in principle on a one-year deal with former Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall.

Lancane
03-13-2013, 01:00 PM
Mendenhall agreed with Cardinals for a year. YES!

Which likely means Denver is looking at Greene.

NightTerror218
03-13-2013, 01:01 PM
Which likely means Denver is looking at Greene.

looks like he is going to the titans.

Dzone
03-13-2013, 01:10 PM
Whats the deal ? Doesnt anyone want to run behind our Mammoth Oline? Is Jackson still possible?

Lancane
03-13-2013, 01:16 PM
Whats the deal ? Doesnt anyone want to run behind our Mammoth Oline? Is Jackson still possible?

He's likely to sign with Green Bay according to NFL.com

Denver may be forced to either draft or look at tailbacks that are less established at the NFL level.

underrated29
03-13-2013, 01:22 PM
I am fine with that. Sjax or bust to me now.

was cool with mendy. Didnt want greene. Dont want bradshaw. Bush is gone. That leaves, Turner and benson? Nothing I would be very interested in. To the draft we go!

Lancane
03-13-2013, 01:24 PM
I am fine with that. Sjax or bust to me now.

was cool with mendy. Didnt want greene. Dont want bradshaw. Bush is gone. That leaves, Turner and benson? Nothing I would be very interested in. To the draft we go!

Denver could look at Bradshaw, Turner, Wells, Parmele or Ringer.

broncs9899
03-13-2013, 01:39 PM
Or Chris ivory

Lancane
03-13-2013, 01:42 PM
Or Chris ivory

I doubt it...but you never know.

slim
03-13-2013, 01:44 PM
Mike Goodson.

BeefStew25
03-13-2013, 01:46 PM
I hate retread running backs unless they are our Irish American one.

slim
03-13-2013, 01:47 PM
He is the darkest Irishman I have ever seen.

DenBronx
03-13-2013, 03:32 PM
If we actually get Welker then I think it's a real possibility to draft another RB.

Or maybe see who's still lingering around on the open FA market. My guess is Michael Turner. Jackson is still the biggest FA RB on the market....he would have to take less to come to a contender.

NightTerror218
03-13-2013, 04:30 PM
I think it is going to be CB in the first and then biggest impact player not matter position. RB/WR/TE who ever falls to us. We have the starters at most positions and we can draft and create some nice depth.

LTC Pain
03-13-2013, 04:47 PM
I think it is going to be CB in the first and then biggest impact player not matter position. RB/WR/TE who ever falls to us. We have the starters at most positions and we can draft and create some nice depth.

I think we go CB or RB in rounds 1 & 2. Everything after that looks like depth.

Nomad
03-13-2013, 07:10 PM
So much for that selection of running backs.

Lancane
03-13-2013, 07:12 PM
My guess is Denver will retain McGahee for now, and see how the draft plays out for them. I'm waiting to hear more about DRC, if Denver inks him to a contract it will change the whole draft IMHO.

Nomad
03-13-2013, 08:13 PM
My guess is Denver will retain McGahee for now, and see how the draft plays out for them. I'm waiting to hear more about DRC, if Denver inks him to a contract it will change the whole draft IMHO.

Who is DRC?

Lancane
03-13-2013, 08:14 PM
Who is DRC?

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

tubby
03-13-2013, 08:47 PM
McGahee Moreno and Hillman wouldn't suck. Throw in a mid rounder. It's all RBBC anyway.

Lancane
03-13-2013, 09:26 PM
McGahee Moreno and Hillman wouldn't suck. Throw in a mid rounder. It's all RBBC anyway.

Again, see 2012 Divisional Playoff Game against Baltimore!

MOtorboat
03-13-2013, 09:39 PM
Again, see 2012 Divisional Playoff Game against Baltimore!

Making a decision about the running game based on one game is not a good move, and I don't believe Elway and company will do that, unlike the quoted post.

Come on, Lancane, I know you don't really believe you can make a firm decision on the running game because of that game. The pass rush was stifled too, does that mean Denver desperately needs a pass rusher? Hell no.

artie_dale
03-13-2013, 10:03 PM
My original order would have been:

S. Jackson
R. Bush
A. Bradshaw
S. Green
R. Mendenhall

I think the main reason Steven Jackson is talking to Greenbay is their playoff potential. I'm hoping he looks our way and considers how we played last season and what we've done so far in the free agency and sees our potential to make it to the SB. He'd put us over the edge in my opinion.

Lancane
03-13-2013, 11:51 PM
Making a decision about the running game based on one game is not a good move, and I don't believe Elway and company will do that, unlike the quoted post.

Come on, Lancane, I know you don't really believe you can make a firm decision on the running game because of that game. The pass rush was stifled too, does that mean Denver desperately needs a pass rusher? Hell no.

No, but the game points out the deficiency of the offense in whole should injuries occur and simply put, we have two tailbacks who have an issue with remaining healthy...thus showing that without that what could and might happen. And you don't allow it to happen when you're loading the roster for a championship run as they are right now.

underrated29
03-14-2013, 12:10 AM
Word is we are pursuing turner and sjax

CoachChaz
03-14-2013, 01:03 AM
Adding SJax would make me come

NightTerror218
03-14-2013, 11:28 AM
Beanie Wells is out there too. Bradshaw is still there.

The waiver wire could have interesting players too.

Traveler
03-14-2013, 01:08 PM
Only Jackson & Turner remain available. Maybe to Jackson, definitely no to Tuner. After filling so many needs yesterday, I'd say draft our new running back(s).

skins_fan82
03-14-2013, 02:34 PM
I read something a fe wminutes ago saying the Packers were in talks with Jackson.

Stay away from Ahmad Bradshaw. Dude is always injured.

I like Michael Turner, he's the big back that can pass block we need. Keep Hillman as a little scatback dude and as a receiver coming out of the backfield. I love Mcgahee, but he's gotta go. And Noshown, though he played well last year when called upon late...i dunno.

Traveler
03-14-2013, 02:57 PM
I read something a fe wminutes ago saying the Packers were in talks with Jackson.

Stay away from Ahmad Bradshaw. Dude is always injured.

I like Michael Turner, he's the big back that can pass block we need. Keep Hillman as a little scatback dude and as a receiver coming out of the backfield. I love Mcgahee, but he's gotta go. And Noshown, though he played well last year when called upon late...i dunno.

Need to stay away from Turner too. That guy is spent are far as RB's is concerned. A lot of die hard fans here in ATL didn't have a problem when got released. Many compared him to Franco Harris later in his careeer when it seemed you could tackle him by just touching his shoe strings.

Lancane
03-14-2013, 03:09 PM
Now that the Broncos have endulged themselves so quickly and with good results, they should use the rest of free agency building untested competition in other areas of need. What I'm trying to say is, instead of signing Bradshaw or Jackson, sign someone like Parmele or Ringer, someone with loads of untapped potential and allow them to actually compete for a spot, even if they end up being no more then camp fodder, but if the Broncos walked into camp and had McGahee, Hillis, Moreno, Ball, Parmele and let's say they draft someone like Stepfan Taylor, there is enough talent there to build a respectable stable instead of betting money on a broken down horse to be the stud in the corral. I would suggest they do the same in regards to the defensive end position, whether or not Dumervil returns.

NightTerror218
03-14-2013, 04:42 PM
Now that the Broncos have endulged themselves so quickly and with good results, they should use the rest of free agency building untested competition in other areas of need. What I'm trying to say is, instead of signing Bradshaw or Jackson, sign someone like Parmele or Ringer, someone with loads of untapped potential and allow them to actually compete for a spot, even if they end up being no more then camp fodder, but if the Broncos walked into camp and had McGahee, Hillis, Moreno, Ball, Parmele and let's say they draft someone like Stepfan Taylor, there is enough talent there to build a respectable stable instead of betting money on a broken down horse to be the stud in the corral. I would suggest they do the same in regards to the defensive end position, whether or not Dumervil returns.

They may give Mario Fannin (sp?) a chance from the PS. He showed some flashed but made of glass.

CoachChaz
03-14-2013, 04:47 PM
Mike Goodson

Lancane
03-14-2013, 04:51 PM
Mike Goodson

Goodson fits that unproven, untapped potential fit I'm talking about. Point is that it allows Denver to improve without major cost to themselves - not only that, but they may find they have more then enough talent that even their depth is impressive.

Lancane
03-14-2013, 05:46 PM
Steve Jackson is off the market, would be surprised if Goodson isn't next.

Npba900
03-15-2013, 09:02 PM
Is Michael Turner still available?

underrated29
03-15-2013, 09:13 PM
Is Michael Turner still available?

Sadly yes.

underrated29
03-15-2013, 09:14 PM
There is benson, Bradshaw, wells, and a few other chumps. No one worth bringing in IMO.

Which way do we go?
To the draft!

CoachChaz
03-15-2013, 09:27 PM
For the right pruce, I'd give Bradshaw a shot

Lancane
03-15-2013, 09:57 PM
For the right pruce, I'd give Bradshaw a shot

Pruce? Hehehehe....

Only way we should sign Bradshaw if it's for about 2 million a year and with an injury clauses.

CoachChaz
03-15-2013, 10:16 PM
I suck typing on my phone

broncohead
03-15-2013, 11:45 PM
At this point the draft is the best option imo