PDA

View Full Version : Dumervil requests to be released by Tuesday

Magnificent Seven
03-11-2013, 06:29 PM
We knew something would happen on the Elvis Dumervil front between now and Saturday, when his $12 million salary becomes guaranteed. According to his agent, Dumervil would like to be released before the start of free agency:

http://broncotalk.net/2013/03/45451/broncos-blog/dumervil-requests-to-be-released-by-tuesday/

Lancane
03-11-2013, 06:30 PM
A little late to the party Mag! :lol:

UnderArmour
03-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Unless we are getting Osi and Freeney, this is a stupid decision.

Lancane
03-11-2013, 06:40 PM
Unless we are getting Osi and Freeney, this is a stupid decision.

I'm not sure Freeney is much of a threat except to be in a wheelchair and Osi doesn't want to play here - actually both want to play for New York or New England.

Nomad
03-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Good luck, Doom! Thanks for being a BRONCO.

Dzone
03-11-2013, 07:18 PM
He's too short to be paid so much:coffee:

MasterShake
03-11-2013, 07:58 PM
I'd like to keep him if anything to keep the protection or double teams away from Miller. You still have to account for the guy he just isn't worth as much as we pay him.

SoCalImport
03-11-2013, 08:39 PM
I know he's not worth the contract he currently has but I'm gonna be bummed to see Dumervil go. Been a favorite since his rookie year.

GEM
03-11-2013, 09:39 PM
New England swoops in and lands him. Hence mc **** face signing him to such a costly contract. A nice final nail in the coffin.

Timmy!
03-11-2013, 09:48 PM
At this point i wish any NFC team would give up any sort of pick for him.

tomjonesrocks
03-11-2013, 09:51 PM
New England swoops in and lands him. Hence mc **** face signing him to such a costly contract. A nice final nail in the coffin.

If that happens I cancel my NFL Ticket.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-11-2013, 09:57 PM
from article:

The team wants Dumervil to take a cut or restructure his contract, according to a person familiar with the situation, who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because details of the negotiations were not public.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130308/elvis-dumervil-denver-broncos/

If the above is accurate, and Dumervil will not restructure his contract, I am sure that does not sit well with Elway, who did the following:

from article:

By agreeing to restructure his contract, Elway saved the team $3.1 million against the salary cap for this season and provided the room to sign Smith. As a result Elway's base salary this year will be less than $600,000, making him one of the league's lowest-paid starting quarterbacks. "That guy always bails out this team," says defensive end Dan Williams. "He'd do anything to help this team win."

Several other players—including offensive tackle Tony Jones, who joined the team in February in a trade with Baltimore—also took reductions in salary for 1997 so that the Broncos could bring in more talent. Players are willing to sacrifice to be in Denver this year because they think this, finally, is the season the Broncos will win the Super Bowl.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/events/1997/nflpreview/AFCWEST/broncos.html

jhildebrand
03-11-2013, 10:43 PM
Queue JRWIZ one tick midget pony rant in

Oh wait :lol:

broncosfannum24
03-12-2013, 12:28 PM
If he doesn't want to take a cut for the benefit of the team DOOM can walk, I trust elway knows what he's doing with the situation. I'm sure Oakland will pay you 12 million for not being your teams best pass rusher.

Ravage!!!
03-12-2013, 12:32 PM
If he doesn't want to take a cut for the benefit of the team DOOM can walk, I trust elway knows what he's doing with the situation. I'm sure Oakland will pay you 12 million for not being your teams best pass rusher.

But the team will cut you despite detriment to the team. This whole "team loyalty" thing is such BS. The team doesn't have any loyalty to anyone, why should the players?

Northman
03-12-2013, 12:32 PM
Maybe Manning should take a pay cut for the benefit of the team. His pay cut would help out a lot more than Doom's.

Lancane
03-12-2013, 12:36 PM

He was our best pass rusher till we got Miller, and despite what some want to believe - I feel Miller owes some of his numbers to the threat Dumervil brought off the edge.

Lancane
03-12-2013, 12:37 PM
Maybe Manning should take a pay cut for the benefit of the team. His pay cut would help out a lot more than Doom's.

Yeah, Elway did it...so obviously Manning is no team player either.

Northman
He was our best pass rusher till we got Miller, and despite what some want to believe - I feel Miller owes some of his numbers to the threat Dumervil brought off the edge.

Just wait. If we cant replace Doom (if he is cut) with someone of his calibur Miller will become invisible. And when that happens i can start my thread to have his ass take a pay cut or get the **** out of dodge. lmao

Northman
Yeah, Elway did it...so obviously Manning is no team player either.

Exactly.

Poet
03-12-2013, 12:39 PM
I wouldn't be mad if Cincinnati threw a ton of money at Doom.

Lancane
03-12-2013, 12:43 PM
I wouldn't be mad if Cincinnati threw a ton of money at Doom.

Yeah, with him and Johnson, the Bengals would be become QB-Eaters and the immediate favorites to win their division IMHO.

broncosfannum24
03-12-2013, 12:45 PM
This is why I'm confident in elway, he knows that Von will need an opposite pass rusher to help him out, but dumervil isn't matching his contract, when it was just him getting 12+ sack seasons with no one helping. That's being an elite pass rusher, but when your playing next to Miller, shouldn't that make your job a little easier considering your not opposing team focus? Rashed(if I spelled that right ha) Mathis benefitted greatly off of freeney, because teams were focused mostly on freeney. I expect the same from DOOM.

Poet
03-12-2013, 12:50 PM
Yeah, with him and Johnson, the Bengals would be become QB-Eaters and the immediate favorites to win their division IMHO.

We signed Gilberry, so we wouldn't do it, but I could dream. Atkins and Dunlap lining up at DT, Johnson and Doom on the end, oh man that would be great. Or Johnson lining up as a LB like he did early in Cincinnati, Dunlap and Doom on the end with Atkins at tackle. Or the plays were Atkins is an end.

We could kill people.

Zweems56
03-12-2013, 12:51 PM
This is why I'm confident in elway, he knows that Von will need an opposite pass rusher to help him out, but dumervil isn't matching his contract, when it was just him getting 12+ sack seasons with no one helping. That's being an elite pass rusher, but when your playing next to Miller, shouldn't that make your job a little easier considering your not opposing team focus? Rashed(if I spelled that right ha) Mathis benefitted greatly off of freeney, because teams were focused mostly on freeney. I expect the same from DOOM.

Part of the reason why Miller was so effective is that he wasn't rushing on every down, so double teaming him was not always an option. When he did rush the passer, he gobbled up the sacks because he's the faster man than Dumervil. I don't think it's a great stretch of the imagination to say that Dumervil helped Miller just as much as Miller helped Dumervil. It doesn't matter who got the sacks, as long as they came. We ranked first in the league in sacks. That's not something that you should screw around with.

broncosfannum24
Yea unfortunately for doom Manning lived up to his contract with a close to MVP season.

Northman

If Miller was rushing every down yes. But he has to play a lot of pass coverage as well so the focus then goes back to Doom. When guys like Osi and Freeney have other guys like JPP, Strahan, and Mathis fulltime it does make them look a whole lot better.

Northman
03-12-2013, 12:52 PM
Yea unfortunately for doom Manning lived up to his contract with a close to MVP season.

So did Elway but he took a pay cut. Try harder.

Poet
03-12-2013, 12:52 PM
If Miller was rushing every down yes. But he has to play a lot of pass coverage as well so the focus then goes back to Doom. When guys like Osi and Freeney have other guys like JPP, Strahan, and Mathis fulltime it does make them look a whole lot better.

It's almost as if it's a group effort and you can't put all your eggs in one pass-rushing basket.

broncosfannum24
03-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Unfortunately for elway he was never a 4 time MVP. last time I checked you get paid that kind of money under those circumstances, and last time I checked, majority of the player wanted tebow out, especially for Manning. Sorry?

BroncoWave
03-12-2013, 12:57 PM
It's almost as if it's a group effort and you can't put all your eggs in one pass-rushing basket.

We won't be putting all of our eggs in the Miller basket. It's not like we're gonna have 4 corpses on the D-line with Miller as the only person capable of getting to the QB.

broncosfannum24
03-12-2013, 12:58 PM
You make a valid point lol I wave the white flag on this one

Zweems56
You make a valid point lol I wave the white flag on this one

On what one?

Northman
Unfortunately for elway he was never a 4 time MVP. last time I checked you get paid that kind of money, and last time I checked, majority wanted treble out, especially for Manning. Sorry?

Bwhahahahahahaahaha oh my.

Sorry. I will take Elway's 5 SB trips to Manning's measley 2 and 4 MVP's.

Northman
03-12-2013, 12:59 PM
We won't be putting all of our eggs in the Miller basket. It's not like we're gonna have 4 corpses on the D-line with Miller as the only person capable of getting to the QB.

Wanna bet?

Lancane
03-12-2013, 01:00 PM

Really? Derek Wolfe is the only one with vital signs at this point and he's a better fit on the inside.

BroncoWave
03-12-2013, 01:01 PM
Wanna bet?

Absolutely. I can't wait to bump one of these Dumervil threads during the season. The loss of one player who gives you 9-10 sacks a year is not going to torpedo our pass rush the way many want to believe IMO.

Poet
03-12-2013, 01:01 PM
I have to leave this thread now. North and I can't have our 10,000,000 discussion on the best QB of all-time. This message board will implode.

Northman
03-12-2013, 01:03 PM
Absolutely. I can't wait to bump one of these Dumervil threads during the season. The loss of one player who gives you 9-10 sacks a year is not going to torpedo our pass rush the way many want to believe IMO.

What do you want to wager?

I say if Doom gets cut and the replacement doesnt get at least 11 sacks than you take a year off from BF. If the replacement does get at least 11 sacks i myself will take a year off from BF. Deal?

Northman
03-12-2013, 01:04 PM
I have to leave this thread now. North and I can't have our 10,000,000 discussion on the best QB of all-time. This message board will implode.

You still have about 15,000 useless posts to do in order to catch me.

Krugan
03-12-2013, 01:04 PM

10 sack loss is kind of an issue, when you have other pieces on that dline also not resigned.

it is an issue

broncosfannum24
03-12-2013, 01:06 PM
I would to lol but unfortunately in today's NFL, your money is based off your regular season efforts, few players off playoffs. Manning maybe the best regular season qb all time, thus why he has 4 mvps, thus why he's paid that high respectively. See where I'm coming from?

Poet
03-12-2013, 01:08 PM
You still have about 15,000 useless posts to do in order to catch me.

I think you just insulted the shit out of both of us.

Zweems56
03-12-2013, 01:08 PM
I would to lol but unfortunately in today's NFL, your money is based off your regular season efforts, few players off playoffs. Manning maybe the best regular season qb all time, thus why he has 4 mvps, thus why he's paid that high respectively. See where I'm coming from?

For the love of god, reply with quote. I have no idea who you're talking to!

broncosfannum24
03-12-2013, 01:09 PM
Northman point on Miller mostly on pass rush situations

Zweems56
03-12-2013, 01:10 PM
10 sack loss is kind of an issue, when you have other pieces on that dline also not resigned.

it is an issue

This can't be emphasized enough. A less effective DE and you get a less effective Miller. By losing Dumervil, you don't just lose the sacks he brings, buy you lose sacks from Miller because he's focused on. If you lose 10 sacks, that exposes your secondary. When you expose your secondary, you get the playoff loss to the Ravens.

Northman
03-12-2013, 01:11 PM

Not really.

Is he worth the price? Maybe. Certainly better than what we had. But the overall point here is the assertion that Doom needs to do whats best for the team in order for them to win a championship. If thats the case, than why isnt Manning taking a pay cut? If the ultimate goal is to do what Elway, TD, etc did in 98' and the goal is simply to get a ring than why isnt Manning doing the right thing? If Elway sucked it up enough to do it why cant Peyton? Its not like Manning is hurting for money either.

broncosfannum24
03-12-2013, 01:12 PM

For the love of god, reply with quote. I have no idea who you're talking to! lol first time using this. Trying to get used to it still

Zweems56
03-12-2013, 01:13 PM
lol first time using this. Trying to get used to it still

Good first try. Keep at it, it'll be your best friend (and mine.)

CoachChaz
03-12-2013, 01:14 PM
This can't be emphasized enough. A less effective DE and you get a less effective Miller. By losing Dumervil, you don't just lose the sacks he brings, buy you lose sacks from Miller because he's focused on. If you lose 10 sacks, that exposes your secondary. When you expose your secondary, you get the playoff loss to the Ravens.

I would disagree only in the fact that I dont think Doom is the reason for Miller's success.

I read something recently that discussed myths in sports. Things like having a good hitter in the 4 hole makes life easier for the #3 hitter, etc. It kind of discussed having a pass rusher on either end of the line and how that helps and they couldnt find anything substantial to prove it makes a difference. DeMarcus Ware and Jared ALlen were the two examples they used.

Not promoting it or debating it...just something that came to mind

CoachChaz
03-12-2013, 01:16 PM
Not really.

Is he worth the price? Maybe. Certainly better than what we had. But the overall point here is the assertion that Doom needs to do whats best for the team in order for them to win a championship. If thats the case, than why isnt Manning taking a pay cut? If the ultimate goal is to do what Elway, TD, etc did in 98' and the goal is simply to get a ring than why isnt Manning doing the right thing? If Elway sucked it up enough to do it why cant Peyton? Its not like Manning is hurting for money either.

Just off the cuff...I would personally have a hard time asking my over-priced Pro Bowl QB to take a cut before asking my over-priced Peo-Bowl DE.

Northman
I would disagree only in the fact that I dont think Doom is the reason for Miller's success.

No bias there. lol

Northman
Just off the cuff...I would personally have a hard time asking my over-priced Pro Bowl QB to take a cut before asking my over-priced Peo-Bowl DE.

Not me. And considering Elway knew what it took to get those rings i would think he would be thinking the same as me.

Zweems56
03-12-2013, 01:17 PM

I read something recently that discussed myths in sports. Things like having a good hitter in the 4 hole makes life easier for the #3 hitter, etc. It kind of discussed having a pass rusher on either end of the line and how that helps and they couldnt find anything substantial to prove it makes a difference. DeMarcus Ware and Jared ALlen were the two examples they used.

I disagree but I have no evidence besides my theories. What I was trying to get across with this, though, was not that Miller's job is made easier by Dumervil, but that Miller cleaned up quite a few sacks that would have been Dumervil's with a slower player playing Miller's position. I think that Doom played better than his 10 sack statistic.

Edit: Also, I don't think he's the reason, just a contributor. Good pressure by Doom flushes him to Von's side, and vice versa. I think they make a friggin fabulous team.

CoachChaz
03-12-2013, 01:21 PM
No bias there. lol

So I'm never allowed to make a case for an Aggie ever without it being considered bias. Thanks for the update on the rules

Northman
03-12-2013, 01:22 PM
So I'm never allowed to make a case for an Aggie ever without it being considered bias. Thanks for the update on the rules

Your welcome. You know i love you though.

broncosfannum24
03-12-2013, 01:23 PM
Yep

Lancane
03-12-2013, 01:24 PM

What is wrong with Aggies?

Northman
03-12-2013, 01:26 PM
with Manning contract there is a clause for both party where he has to cleared to play in beginning of each season otherwise he can be cut with no cost of the team, yes Manning has a 90+ million contract, but it's a qb driven league, Manning holds all the cards as far as leverage goes. Most Teams only asked for a pay cut if they feel there is a valid replacement in place. Really this whole dumervil ordeal wouldn't be happening if we didn't have to tag clady lol

You ALMOST got the quote thing down. Almost.

broncosfannum24
03-12-2013, 01:27 PM

Not really.

Is he worth the price? Maybe. Certainly better than what we had. But the overall point here is the assertion that Doom needs to do whats best for the team in order for them to win a championship. If thats the case, than why isnt Manning taking a pay cut? If the ultimate goal is to do what Elway, TD, etc did in 98' and the goal is simply to get a ring than why isnt Manning doing the right thing? If Elway sucked it up enough to do it why cant Peyton? Its not like Manning is hurting for money either. Manning contract there is a clause for both party where he has to cleared to play in beginning of each season otherwise he can be cut with no cost of the team, yes Manning has a 90+ million contract, but it's a qb driven league, Manning holds all the cards as far as leverage goes. Most Teams only asked for a pay cut if they feel there is a valid replacement in place. Really this whole dumervil ordeal wouldn't be happening if we didn't have to tag clady lol

Zweems56
03-12-2013, 01:28 PM
You ALMOST got the quote thing down. Almost.

What's funny is that the button basically just does it for you. :lol:

Northman
03-12-2013, 01:29 PM
What's funny is that the button basically just does it for you. :lol:

Maybe he is just new to forums altogether.

broncosfannum24
03-12-2013, 01:30 PM
with Manning contract there is a clause for both party where he has to cleared to play in beginning of each season otherwise he can be cut with no cost of the team, yes Manning has a 90+ million contract, but it's a qb driven league, Manning holds all the cards as far as leverage goes. Most Teams only asked for a pay cut if they feel there is a valid replacement in place. Really this whole dumervil ordeal wouldn't be happening if we didn't have to tag clady lol

You ALMOST got the quote thing down. Almost. >_< so frustrating it is

Mike
Not me. And considering Elway knew what it took to get those rings i would think he would be thinking the same as me.

No way, north. Manning makes this team a SB contender. Losing Doom stinks (losing him for nothing is what I am pissed about), but it isn't a SB contender killer.

Zweems56
Manning contract there is a clause for both party where he has to cleared to play in beginning of each season otherwise he can be cut with no cost of the team, yes Manning has a 90+ million contract, but it's a qb driven league, Manning holds all the cards as far as leverage goes. Most Teams only asked for a pay cut if they feel there is a valid replacement in place. Really this whole dumervil ordeal wouldn't be happening if we didn't have to tag clady lol

I'm just going to bring this discussion to an end real quick for both of you. You want to know why Manning isn't going to get asked to restructure his deal?

Because he signed it freaking yesterday. Done. End discussion. No one is going to ask someone to restructure something that they agreed to less than a year ago. It's ludicrous.

Doom is being asked because he agreed to the deal years ago and he's one of the highest $/yr players on the team that Elway didn't sign himself.

rationalfan
03-12-2013, 01:31 PM

reminds me of this: conventional wisdom often isn't too wise.

as for doom; i've always found it curious that he gets many of his sacks in bunches (like, four in one game or eight in three games). i'm not sure if that reflects health, style of play by the opponent, quality of the opponent, etc. but it's always been concerning.

there's a lot of talk about his sacks, but i've long thought the best aspect of doom's game is his ability to cause fumbles. if he leaves (still not a certainty, remember) i think the team misses those fumbles more than the sacks.

Zweems56
03-12-2013, 01:31 PM
Maybe he is just new to forums altogether.

Nah. He has this Zam-esque quality to him. I feel like he's been doing this for a looooooooooong time.

CoachChaz
03-12-2013, 01:32 PM
Now this is pinned on Manning because Elway did it. Seriously?

NightTerror218
03-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Elway did not sign Doom, why should he care?

Seen a lot of players McD signed or drafted gone

Lancane
03-12-2013, 01:33 PM

Well then why blast Doom if he is not willing to go to such extremes either? And let's be honest, he is probably listening to his agent more then to his own mind or heart.

CoachChaz
03-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Well then why blast Doom if he is not willing to go to such extremes either? And let's be honest, he is probably listening to his agent more then to his own mind or heart.

I didnt realize anyone was blaming Doom. If I was in his situation, I'd probably be doing the same thing.

broncosfannum24
03-12-2013, 01:35 PM
Noo

Zweems56
03-12-2013, 01:35 PM
I didnt realize anyone was blaming Doom. If I was in his situation, I'd probably be doing the same thing.

I don't think that anyone has really "blamed" Doom, but quite a few have certainly claimed vehemently that he doesn't deserve the money he's making. I also think that's ludicrous.

Zweems56
03-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Nah. He has this Zam-esque quality to him. I feel like he's been doing this for a looooooooooong time. no nothing like Zam lol I've always read these forums, but never posted anything

Yep... that's definitely not what I'm talking about :lol:

Edit: Oh, lord. Your broken quotes have broken my quote. Must fix.

Northman
03-12-2013, 01:36 PM
No way, north. Manning makes this team a SB contender. Losing Doom stinks (losing him for nothing is what I am pissed about), but it isn't a SB contender killer.

I think you missed my general point. It wasnt about Manning's worth but how Elway restructured his own contract to sign more players. If it really meant that much to Peyton i would think he would be thinking along the same lines. If JJ Watt became available and we were THIS close to getting him but didnt have the cap space do you think Manning would take a pay cut? I dont. But if we fail to make the SB because we werent able to retain or sign players to help because of his contract than only he is too blame. I mean, at least thats the logic that people are throwing around here regarding Doom's contract and him not being a team player.

CoachChaz
03-12-2013, 01:38 PM
I don't think that anyone has really "blamed" Doom, but quite a few have certainly claimed vehemently that he doesn't deserve the money he's making. I also think that's ludicrous.

Saying someone doesnt "deserve" the money is one thing. Saying someone is overpaid for what they have been doing is completely different.

But...lot's of players are over-paid. Doom just happens to be the unlucky one in this scenario

Northman

Nothing is pinned on anyone. Someone threw it out there that Doom wasnt being a team player and should take the pay cut. I only pointed out that Manning taking a pay cut would be worth more to the team than Doom's contract.

broncosfannum24
Nah. He has this Zam-esque quality to him. I feel like he's been doing this for a looooooooooong time. no nothing like Zam lol I've always read these forums, but never posted anything

Yep... that's definitely not what I'm talking about :lol:[/QUOTE] it is what it is

BroncoWave
03-12-2013, 01:41 PM
What do you want to wager?

I say if Doom gets cut and the replacement doesnt get at least 11 sacks than you take a year off from BF. If the replacement does get at least 11 sacks i myself will take a year off from BF. Deal?

No, because I never said the replacement would get 11 sacks, nor do I think the lack of 11 sacks would be the end of the world. I think we will still be in the top 10 in sacks as a team though if you want to bet that. And neither of us will leave the forum for a year. That is a ridiculous thing to bet.

NightTerror218
03-12-2013, 01:41 PM
he wont be released today unless they sign a DE. I hope he is not released for a few days when most teams have spent majority of their money.

Zweems56
03-12-2013, 01:43 PM
Saying someone doesnt "deserve" the money is one thing. Saying someone is overpaid for what they have been doing is completely different.

But...lot's of players are over-paid. Doom just happens to be the unlucky one in this scenario

That. If we have an overpaid player on the roster, I'll take Dumervil.

Northman
03-12-2013, 01:44 PM
No, because I never said the replacement would get 11 sacks, nor do I think the lack of 11 sacks would be the end of the world. I think we will still be in the top 10 in sacks as a team though if you want to bet that. And neither of us will leave the forum for a year. That is a ridiculous thing to bet.

I thought it was a great thing to bet. Im confident in my stance.

BroncoWave
03-12-2013, 01:45 PM
I thought it was a great thing to bet. Im confident in my stance.

A "leave the board for a year" bet is retarded. Especially when you want to bet something I never said would happen. I don't want you to quit posting for a year and I sure as hell don't want to.

BroncoNut
03-12-2013, 01:46 PM
If that happens I cancel my NFL Ticket.

it doesnt happen like that. mcdaniels doesn't have that kind of power.

BroncoNut
03-12-2013, 01:46 PM
A "leave the board for a year" bet is retarded. Especially when you want to bet something I never said would happen. I don't want you to quit posting for a year and I sure as hell don't want to.

if BTB leaves, I'm out of here with him. jsut consider that North

Northman
03-12-2013, 01:47 PM

Yea, but i want you to quit posting for a year! lol

And here i thought you were fun.

Northman
03-12-2013, 01:47 PM

OH ****! BTB please make the bet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zweems56
03-12-2013, 01:48 PM

Oh, the humanity! :lol:

CoachChaz
03-12-2013, 01:58 PM
Make the bet better. Bet that Doom's replacement gets more sacks than Doom does with his new team

Northman
03-12-2013, 01:59 PM
Make the bet better. Bet that Doom's replacement gets more sacks than Doom does with his new team

Nah, because what he does elsewhere is irrelevant. The stance you guys have is that he can be replaced at a much cheaper rate. That tells me that whoever we bring in should be able to get at least 11 sacks since its so easy.

CoachChaz
03-12-2013, 02:01 PM
Nah, because what he does elsewhere is irrelevant. The stance you guys have is that he can be replaced at a much cheaper rate. That tells me that whoever we bring in should be able to get at least 11 sacks since its so easy.

So, if he gets less sacks elsewhere, then it might be possible that he benefits from Miller and we dont want to recognize that?

Fair enough, but it would still be more fair to use his average as a 4-3 DE. Set the bet at 9.5...not 11

Northman
03-12-2013, 02:04 PM
So, if he gets less sacks elsewhere, then it might be possible that he benefits from Miller and we dont want to recognize that?

Fair enough, but it would still be more fair to use his average as a 4-3 DE. Set the bet at 9.5...not 11

Still doesnt make sense. If Miller is that much of an impact than whoever comes in should be able to replicate it no?

BroncoWave
03-12-2013, 02:05 PM

Now there is no way I'm making this bet. I don't think this board could survive a year without you brother!

BroncoNut
03-12-2013, 02:06 PM

I think you need to set the number at about that to allow for random differences. good call

BroncoNut
03-12-2013, 02:07 PM
Now there is no way I'm making this bet. I don't think this board could survive a year without you brother!

oh they'd be just fine. they'd forget about ole' crazy nut in no time.

CoachChaz
03-12-2013, 02:11 PM
Still doesnt make sense. If Miller is that much of an impact than whoever comes in should be able to replicate it no?

Depends. Personally, i dont buy that one end of the line has quite as much to do with the others as some do, but...that's another argument. So, if the replacement only gets 8 sacks, but also only gets 6 mil while we get production from another position...I'm happy

BroncoNut
03-12-2013, 02:14 PM
Depends. Personally, i dont buy that one end of the line has quite as much to do with the others as some do, but...that's another argument. So, if the replacement only gets 8 sacks, but also only gets 6 mil while we get production from another position...I'm happy

actually I silently wondered about that myself.

NightTerror218
03-12-2013, 02:19 PM

if we get a replacement he better be able to make a play when one is needed. Doom got a safety, and several Forced Fumbles when it was needed last season. He also had some great sacks in moments of need too. He was able to be a play maker. hard to put a price on that.

underrated29
03-12-2013, 02:23 PM

im not sure its all miller. Doom averaged something like 10.5 sacks a year for 4 years before Miller got here.

Northman
03-12-2013, 02:26 PM
Ideally, i would of loved to have kept Doom at LB. But he apparently blows at coverage so that is probably why he was stuck back on the line. But with that said, we have no one on the roster who can even do what he does. And the likelihood of getting someone to replicate what he does enough to make a real difference is very unlikely as well. At least in terms of the guys they are looking at. I seriously doubt that Osi will be as effective without the kind of guys he had playing on the line with him in NY. Freeney? We know the story there.

CoachChaz
03-12-2013, 02:27 PM
im not sure its all miller. Doom averaged something like 10.5 sacks a year for 4 years before Miller got here.

My point is that neither really has much to do with the other. If it were a situation like Aldon Smith in SF, who cant get to the QB without Justin Smith playing right in front of him, then fine. But on opposite ends of the line? Not so much

underrated29
03-12-2013, 02:28 PM
gotya

CoachChaz
03-12-2013, 02:33 PM
if we get a replacement he better be able to make a play when one is needed. Doom got a safety, and several Forced Fumbles when it was needed last season. He also had some great sacks in moments of need too. He was able to be a play maker. hard to put a price on that.

When they were needed? 8.5 of the 11 sacks and 5 of the 6 FF's were in games we won big. I'm not discounting his skills as a whole, but let's not pretend we would have been a much lesser team without him, considering our schedule.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-12-2013, 02:33 PM
I will be sad if Doom leaves. I've been a big fan/supporter of his since he was drafted. He helped lessen the sting of losing Al Wilson for me. If it comes to pass that he is released and our plan to replace him is Ayers or Hunter, I'll be extremely disappointed. The 1-2 punch of Von and Doom was a big reason for our success last year. If the best the FO can come up with are Ayers or Hunter, we'll be taking a big step backward. They've had their chance and been proven lacking. I re-watched the playoff loss to Baltimore for the first time the other night and noticed that on the infamous "bomb" that forced overtime, Ayers was in position to hit/sack Flacco but just kind of gave up on the play (Flacco was in arms' reach and Ayers slowed up when Flacco stepped up). I hadn't noticed it before, but now I really don't like Ayers.

Northman
03-12-2013, 02:37 PM
Ayers has always been a disappointment for me so im not really shocked there.

CoachChaz
03-12-2013, 02:37 PM
I will be sad if Doom leaves. I've been a big fan/supporter of his since he was drafted. He helped lessen the sting of losing Al Wilson for me. If it comes to pass that he is released and our plan to replace him is Ayers or Hunter, I'll be extremely disappointed. The 1-2 punch of Von and Doom was a big reason for our success last year. If the best the FO can come up with are Ayers or Hunter, we'll be taking a big step backward. They've had their chance and been proven lacking. I re-watched the playoff loss to Baltimore for the first time the other night and noticed that on the infamous "bomb" that forced overtime, Ayers was in position to hit/sack Flacco but just kind of gave up on the play (Flacco was in arms' reach and Ayers slowed up when Flacco stepped up). I hadn't noticed it before, but now I really don't like Ayers.

Again...not defending Ayers, but what I saw was him being put in as a DT on the play and choosing the wrong lane of pursuit. Not sure I'd say he gave up on the play, but I guess we all have our own way of seeing things

NightTerror218
03-12-2013, 02:41 PM
When they were needed? 8.5 of the 11 sacks and 5 of the 6 FF's were in games we won big. I'm not discounting his skills as a whole, but let's not pretend we would have been a much lesser team without him, considering our schedule.

I believe his play helped us with the SD game that started our winning streak. 2 sacks, 1 PD and 2 FF in that game. Stepped up big there. 1 sack 1 FF in other SD, we won by 7, not big win there. FF in Pats game prob kept it close. The 2 gamse I will give ya for winning big was crushing Oakland and Car when he had a FF.

Figure him and Miller were our majority of TO producers. We were not high in INTs.

tubby
03-12-2013, 02:48 PM
I'm fine with an Ayers / Hunter rotation. Doom is a situational pass rusher. Seemed like he bull rushed too much last year. Not worth $12mil. He gone by Friday if no pay cut.

NightTerror218
03-12-2013, 03:00 PM
did not happen, poor Doom didnt get what he wanted.

Lancane
03-12-2013, 03:06 PM

Neither will the fans... Welcome to Denver, the new Florida for geriatrics and geezers! :laugh:

BroncoNut
03-12-2013, 03:33 PM

can't say I blame him. he'll get what he want's elsewher I'm sure. denver wanted to reduce his pay by at least 33% iirc. that's a tough sell.

what is up with our avy anyway? is that your sister or some relative? if so is she single and looking because I will hit that shit

NightTerror218
03-12-2013, 04:36 PM
can't say I blame him. he'll get what he want's elsewher I'm sure. denver wanted to reduce his pay by at least 33% iirc. that's a tough sell.

what is up with our avy anyway? is that your sister or some relative? if so is she single and looking because I will hit that shit

I am def not related, that I know of unless some distant cousin. That is a Dutch Soccer Fan (gay sport I know as you put it). That was the best view, don't worry she has a nice face too.

Poet
03-12-2013, 04:51 PM
I like her tits.

Tebowtime2011
03-12-2013, 08:36 PM
This just in: elvis dumervil if now willing to take a pay cut vondoom will stay alive.

SR
03-12-2013, 08:39 PM
This just in: elvis dumervil if now willing to take a pay cut vondoom will stay alive.

This isn't "just in". This was "just in" a couple hours ago.

JPPT1974
03-12-2013, 08:40 PM
Well since he is not willing to take a pay cut, bye bye in Dallas, Elvis has left the building!

SR
03-12-2013, 08:43 PM
Well since he is not willing to take a pay cut, bye bye in Dallas, Elvis has left the building!

Huh?

tomjonesrocks
03-12-2013, 08:49 PM
"Elvis has left the building" is already ******* played.

TXBRONC
03-12-2013, 09:25 PM
Ayers has always been a disappointment for me so im not really shocked there.

But his pay isn't out of line with his production. So if you're mediocre and but you're paid a lot of money it almost doesn't matter what the hell you do.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-12-2013, 09:44 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi

He'd actually be the 4th-highes paid Bronco: PFM, Champ, Clady, Elvis. But the longer this goes on, the less likely he stays.

Heck, even at 6-million per, Elvis would still be the 3rd-highest paid player on the team.

Purely guessing here, but I think the Broncos want Elvis in the neighborhood of 7-million. That's the market.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-12-2013, 09:56 PM

RT @MileHighKicks: too late to trade?>>>>not at all. but if there were a maket for 12-mill, he would've been traded by now.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-12-2013, 10:01 PM

RT @tomcat3274: in your opinion is doom gone?>>>>don't know. big game of chicken. i think 6-7 million is fair.

Denver27og
03-12-2013, 10:09 PM

This is almost as bad as losing steve atwater... Man doom made alot of plays for us... There are so many ungrateful muddapukkas on this site it makes me sick

MOtorboat
03-12-2013, 10:11 PM
This is almost as bad as losing steve atwater... Man doom made alot of plays for us... There are so many ungrateful muddapukkas on this site it makes me sick

Yeah...no.

I HATE losing Dumervil, but this is NOT like losing Atwater. At all.

CoachChaz
03-12-2013, 10:22 PM
We will survive

Dzone
03-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Manning should step -up and give Doom a couple Papa Johns Pizza joints in exchange for staying..maybe get Papa John involved. That dude loves seeing himself on TV...even though the pizza tastes like shit

Lancane
03-12-2013, 10:35 PM

Word of the day! :laugh:

Davii
03-13-2013, 12:27 AM
Last I heard they were negotiating, actually talking... I guess that's progress....

Northman
03-13-2013, 04:17 AM
Git-r-done.