PDA

View Full Version : Broncos express interest in RB Rashard Mendenhall

Denver Native (Carol)
03-10-2013, 03:29 PM
Rashard Mendendall, who at 25 years old and with two 1,000-yard rushing seasons will be one of the youngest and most accomplished running backs to hit the free-agent market Tuesday, has drawn interest from the Broncos.

The level of the Broncos’ interest in Mendenhall is difficult to gauge. They have a menu of 12 to 15 free agent players who they believe could fit their roster under the right circumstances and for the right price. While contacting agents of these free-agent players, the Broncos to date have said little more than they have some interest and they’ll back to them later.

Free-agent discussions figure to intensify Monday with the market officially opening at 2 p.m. MDT Tuesday.

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/03/10/broncos-express-interest-in-rb-rashard-mendenhall/18768/

MOtorboat
03-10-2013, 03:31 PM
I like the idea of Mendenhall a lot better than Greene.

I have a feeling Mendenhall is going to drive a pretty high price, though, because of competition for him around the league, not necessarily because he'll demand it.

chazoe60
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOtorboat
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why?

chazoe60
03-10-2013, 03:32 PM
Why?

I don't like him, that's all.

SR
03-10-2013, 03:36 PM
I don't like him, that's all.

Neither do I

MOtorboat
03-10-2013, 03:39 PM
For what reasons? Non-football related reasons?

SR
03-10-2013, 03:41 PM
For what reasons? Non-football related reasons?

He's a damn good back when he's healthy but he's not the type of player I see in a Broncos uni. He's all about himself and nothing else.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-10-2013, 03:50 PM
I've resigned myself to the thought that either Jackson, Greene, or Mendenhall will probably be a Bronco. Just depends on who wants the least amount of $$.

DenBronx
03-10-2013, 04:06 PM
I've resigned myself to the thought that either Jackson, Greene, or Mendenhall will probably be a Bronco. Just depends on who wants the least amount of $$.

We will only sign a RB at a bargaign price. Mendenhall isnt at the top of the list for RBs, so he should come with a good deal.

I do hate what he said about 9/11 and he needs to stop being a me guy.

underrated29
03-10-2013, 04:18 PM
Like him way more than green!

Ravage!!!
03-10-2013, 04:21 PM
I don't see how he won't be demanding the most of the RBs out there since he's only 25 and has the most life left.... not to mention he was trying to get a bigger contract with Pitt before. I think he would be a good fit in a Bronco's uniform, though.

Dreadnought
03-10-2013, 04:33 PM
He's an overrated stiff and a bad character guy on top of it. A total POS who also isn't good at his job.

Hell no.

SR
03-10-2013, 04:36 PM
I'd rather have Shonn Greene.

turftoad
03-10-2013, 04:38 PM
He's an overrated stiff and a bad character guy on top of it. A total POS who also isn't good at his job.

Hell no.

Tell us how you really feel Dread. Lol

Nomad
03-10-2013, 04:45 PM
We will only sign a RB at a bargaign price. Mendenhall isnt at the top of the list for RBs, so he should come with a good deal.

I do hate what he said about 9/11 and he needs to stop being a me guy.

He's the Bin Laden sympathizer huh?

SR
03-10-2013, 04:45 PM
He's the Bin Laden sympathizer huh?

Yeah...I think that's why Dread is sour toward him

BroncoWave
03-10-2013, 04:48 PM
I don't care what his political views are as long as he can play.

Poet
03-10-2013, 04:55 PM
He is often dinged up and fumbles a lot. The Steelers have been waiting for him to turn into the consistent power back that he should be.

Nomad
03-10-2013, 04:56 PM
He is often dinged up and fumbles a lot. The Steelers have been waiting for him to turn into the consistent power back that he should be.

Sounds like McGahee.:lol:

Poet
03-10-2013, 04:57 PM
Sounds like McGahee.:lol:

McGahee was a workhorse for awhile and was consistent. I'll be damned to understand how big backs like those guys fumble so much.

Nomad
03-10-2013, 05:00 PM
McGahee was a workhorse for awhile and was consistent. I'll be damned to understand how big backs like those guys fumble so much.

I've always noticed backs like this seem to be careless and not wrap up the ball in traffic, which leads to fumbles. While Jacob hester isn't on the level of those guys, he knows how to take care of the ball. And I've listened to former pros echo the same thing about backs who fumble a lot.

MOtorboat
03-10-2013, 05:02 PM
The three rumored backs and their career stats, per PFR

Player G GS Att Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G YScm RRTD Fmb AV
R. Mendenhall 57 48 864 3549 29 210 4.1 62.3 15.2 77 661 8.6 2 111 1.35 11.60 4210 31 9 28
Shonn Greene 61 30 822 3423 18 123 4.2 56.1 13.5 65 482 7.4 0 81 1.07 7.90 3905 18 11 21
Steven Jackson 131 118 2395 10135 56 461 4.2 77.4 18.3 407 3324 8.2 8 368 3.11 25.37 13459 64 23 80

SR
03-10-2013, 05:09 PM
Shonn Greene has more upside than Mendenhall or Jackson IMO. Maybe not the most talented per se, but the most upside.

Poet
03-10-2013, 05:12 PM
I've watch Jackson run WR routes out wide and in the slot. I think that alone makes him the best fit for Denver. He also wants to win, very badly. Fans want to dream about 'character guys' who would take less money for the team. Jackson might actually do that. Jackson is older and has a lot of miles on him. That is a concern, but he's a back that I believe in. Greene would be the best signing for the next three years. Jackson might be the best signing for the next season or two.

Simple Jaded
03-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Slowshon Moreno has more upside than Shonn Greene, imo, and that's coming from somebody who wanted Greene over Moreno in '09.......

SR
03-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Slowshon Moreno has more upside than Shonn Greene, imo, and that's coming from somebody who wanted Greene over Moreno in '09.......

You're high

Simple Jaded
03-10-2013, 07:25 PM
You're high

I was thinking the same thing about the Shonn Greene advocates. Mendenhall has better speed, run skills, receiving skills, blocking skills. It's really not even close, other than durability.......

SR
03-10-2013, 07:27 PM
I was thinking the same thing about the Shonn Greene advocates. Mendenhall has better speed, run skills, receiving skills, blocking skills. It's really not even close, other than durability.......

Mendenhall has also had the benefit of being on an awesome team every year he's been in the league. Greene plays on a team that has chronic head up ass syndrome.

Simple Jaded
03-10-2013, 07:34 PM
Mendenhall has also had the benefit of being on an awesome team every year he's been in the league. Greene plays on a team that has chronic head up ass syndrome.

I thought head up the ass syndrome was the reason the Broncos should pass on Mendenhall, how is that somehow a positive for Greene?.......

DenBronx
03-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Why is everyone writing off McGahee? The guy has been a beast here in Denver.

One thing that stands out with Mendenhall is his 29 rushing TDs, about 20 or so less than Jackson who has played much longer. The thing that stands out about Jackson is he has good character, something Rashard does not. I think Rashard will come at a much better price though. Kind of torn...

If we get Rashard then most likely we wont draft a RB this year. Looks like our plans are to let Dumervil go by Saturday. Osi, Freeney and Mendenhall all seem to be on our radar heavily.

SR
03-10-2013, 07:47 PM
I thought head up the ass syndrome was the reason the Broncos should pass on Mendenhall, how is that somehow a positive for Greene?.......

I fail to see the connection. There are plenty of negatives surrounding Mendenhall.

SR
03-10-2013, 07:48 PM
One thing that stands out with Mendenhall is his 29 rushing TDs, about 20 or so less than Jackson who has played much longer. .

Huh?

Simple Jaded
03-10-2013, 07:51 PM
I fail to see the connection. There are plenty of negatives surrounding Mendenhall.

The connection being "upside", how much upside each RB has, specifically. It's not even close.......

SR
03-10-2013, 07:51 PM
It's not even close.......

Which is obviously debatable

Simple Jaded
03-10-2013, 07:55 PM
Which is obviously debatable

One has better everything and both have head up the ass syndrome. Not exactly what great debates are made of.......

Ziggy
03-10-2013, 08:00 PM
Steven Jackson- The most talented of the three by far, but will also be the most expensive and has the most wear. He turned down a 7 million/year deal to enter the free agent market which makes me think that he'll ask for around that much at least.
Shonn Greene- The least talented of the three. He's the Joe Mays of offense. NFL body, absolutely no instincts.
Rashard Mendenhall- Talented when he is healthy, but rarely healthy. He's 25 years old and has the most upside of the three. He brings both power and speed to the table, when he's not on the trainer's table.

Simple Jaded
03-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Joe Mays is a great comparison for Greene.......

DenBronx
03-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Huh?

I was looking at the stats Mo posted. Says Rashard 29 TDs and Jacksons 56 TDs rushing.

SR
03-10-2013, 08:36 PM

High fived for if sarcasm

SR
03-10-2013, 08:36 PM
I was looking at the stats Mo posted. Says Rashard 29 TDs and Jacksons 56 TDs rushing.

I completely misread your post

Simple Jaded
03-10-2013, 08:39 PM
According to ESPN Mendenhall has 31 TD's in 57 games played and Jackson has 64 in 131 games played.

Jackson has a much better passer rating tho.......

DenBronx
03-10-2013, 08:47 PM
According to ESPN Mendenhall has 31 TD's in 57 games played and Jackson has 64 in 131 games played.......

Jackson only has 56 rushing TDs, I wasnt counting their recieving TDs. But Jackson has played 8 years/2395 attempts and Mendenhall only 5 years and 2 of those years he was either hurt or didnt get to play much. So, I must admit I am a little impressed with Mendenhalls YPC average and how he produces when he is healthy.

DenBronx
03-10-2013, 08:49 PM
I completely misread your post

Np.

The differance isnt much in their rushing abilities and Mendehall is younger with less miles. Jackson is a better reciever though.

Poet
03-10-2013, 09:06 PM

Greene has played on an awful offense the past two years. In that time the entire Jets offense was getting even worse. At one point he was projected as a first round player.

He has power and enough agility and acceleration to do well in the league. He has done well in the league.

Jackson on a team like the Broncos will do better than Mendenhall and greene, on the Broncos. But if it was Mendenall and Greene, I take Greene. Mendenhall is not just dinged up, he's inconstant as a player. Even if he is healthy. He fumbles, he makes mental mistakes and he doesn't always play hard.

Think of it this way, the Pittsburgh STEELERS are going to let a young and somewhat proven POWER back with SPEED leave. This is coming AFTER their new OC stressed keeping Big Ben healthy and upright the entire year. They are probable the best organization in football, period. That's pretty fishy to me.

Simple Jaded
03-10-2013, 09:16 PM
Greene has played on an awful offense the past two years. In that time the entire Jets offense was getting even worse. At one point he was projected as a first round player.

He has power and enough agility and acceleration to do well in the league. He has done well in the league.

Jackson on a team like the Broncos will do better than Mendenhall and greene, on the Broncos. But if it was Mendenall and Greene, I take Greene. Mendenhall is not just dinged up, he's inconstant as a player. Even if he is healthy. He fumbles, he makes mental mistakes and he doesn't always play hard.

Think of it this way, the Pittsburgh STEELERS are going to let a young and somewhat proven POWER back with SPEED leave. This is coming AFTER their new OC stressed keeping Big Ben healthy and upright the entire year. They are probable the best organization in football, period. That's pretty fishy to me.

Your argument FOR Greene is that he played in a crap offense? Greene, btw, was projected as a high pick before teams figured out that he was an overaged 3rd-4th round prospect.......

MOtorboat
03-10-2013, 09:18 PM
Your argument FOR Greene is that he played in a crap offense? Greene, btw, was projected as a high pick before teams figured out that he was an overaged 3rd-4th round prospect.......

What does a first round pick do?

The draft round thing five years into a players career is always so hilarious. (And useless)

Poet
03-10-2013, 09:18 PM

My argument for Greene is that he is consistent in play and health. Which Mendenhall is clearly not. He wasn't considered a fourth round draft pick. He was a second to third after his measurable didn't meet the expectations for him. As far as the team around him, I think doing what he did with those shitty surroundings was moderately impressive.

Simple Jaded
03-10-2013, 09:19 PM
What does a first round pick do?

The draft round thing five years into a players career is always so hilarious. (And useless)

If you say so. I didn't bring it up.......

Simple Jaded
03-10-2013, 09:22 PM
My argument for Greene is that he is consistent in play and health. Which Mendenhall is clearly not. He wasn't considered a fourth round draft pick. He was a second to third after his measurable didn't meet the expectations for him. As far as the team around him, I think doing what he did with those shitty surroundings was moderately impressive.
Consistently healthy and borderline backup/average starter.

You say his offense sucked as if he had no role in that offense sucking.......

MOtorboat
03-10-2013, 09:23 PM

How many backups go over 1,000 yards?

SR
03-10-2013, 09:25 PM

He had less of a role than you're implying. There are too many variables that go in to a running back being average versus great. Can't pin it on Greene for not being productive.

MOtorboat
03-10-2013, 09:25 PM
BTW, Rashard Mendenhall averaged 1300 yards and 10 touchdowns from 2009-2011.

SR
03-10-2013, 09:27 PM
BTW, Rashard Mendenhall averaged 1300 yards and 10 touchdowns from 2009-2011.

Which are awesome numbers, but he can't be paid for what he did two years ago

Simple Jaded
03-10-2013, 09:28 PM
How many backups go over 1,000 yards?

He wasn't a backup when he went over 1000.......

Simple Jaded
03-10-2013, 09:29 PM
He had less of a role than you're implying. There are too many variables that go in to a running back being average versus great. Can't pin it on Greene for not being productive.
I'm not implying anything other than the fact that he played a role in a garbage offense.......

MOtorboat
03-10-2013, 09:29 PM

Oh, so, he's either a starter, or a backup...

Pick one.

Because once becoming the full time starter he's averaged 1270 yards and 7 touchdowns.

That's not average.

Poet
03-10-2013, 09:30 PM

Borderline backup? At what point was it ever considered for him to eat bench? When did that happen? At what point did they look at replacing him as the starter? When did that happen?

You can't blame him for an aging and dying offensive line, Sanchez going from a nice up-and-comer to an abortion, a lack of talent at WR and bad play calling, can you? He has a career average for 4.1. That's what you look for out of a starter, especially if he's more of a power guy. He's a good and solid runningback.

What exactly is your point here? That Mendenhall is a better talent? He sure is. He's been a good to great talent on one of the premier teams in the league and has done nothing with it at all. Mendenhall has been in the league an extra YEAR and their yardage is basically the same. During his best year as a player he was under 4.0 yards a carry. You're going to get similar production from the two backs.

That's not very good in regards to Mendenhall.

MOtorboat
03-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Do you know how dumb this is?

I don't even really want Greene here and I'm defending him from idiotic arguments. It's like Moreno all over again...

Poet
03-10-2013, 09:31 PM
I'm not implying anything other than the fact that he played a role in a garbage offense.......

Yeah, he was a worthwhile player surrounded by ineptness. That's pretty irrelevant.

Simple Jaded
03-10-2013, 09:33 PM
Yeah, he was a worthwhile player surrounded by ineptness. That's pretty irrelevant.

He was worthwhile? That's it? The Broncos already have worthwhile.......

Poet
03-10-2013, 09:35 PM
He was worthwhile? That's it? The Broncos already have worthwhile.......

So you argue tooth and nail to get back to what I basically said originally...in a thread about prospective running backs...and then post that? It feels as if you just want to argue?

Simple Jaded
03-10-2013, 09:36 PM
Greene is a borderline backup to average starter in terms of talent, he's not an upgrade over any RB the Broncos already have.......

SR
03-10-2013, 09:36 PM

He wasn't the reason the offense was garbage, which is what you were implying. He is a talented back on a shit offense with a shit QB that can't pass the ball and shit play calling. He's a product of his environment.

SR
03-10-2013, 09:37 PM

He was only a RBBC to LADANIAN TOMLINSON.

Simple Jaded
So you argue tooth and nail to get back to what I basically said originally...in a thread about prospective running backs...and then post that? It feels as if you just want to argue?

I think it was you that responded to me.......

Poet
Greene is a borderline backup to average starter in terms of talent, he's not an upgrade over any RB the Broncos already have.......

You cannot actually quantify or qualify why he is a borderline backup. You can say it all you want. There is a difference.

Poet
03-10-2013, 09:39 PM
I think it was you that responded to me.......

Yeah, but I actually can provide substantive reasoning for my viewpoint.

Simple Jaded
He wasn't the reason the offense was garbage, which is what you were implying. He is a talented back on a shit offense with a shit QB that can't pass the ball and shit play calling. He's a product of his environment.

Oh, now I get it, it was the average play around his average play that made that offense garbage?.......

Poet
/wet shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit party.

MOtorboat
03-10-2013, 09:40 PM
The reason Greene sat early in his career was because Thomas Jones was in the middle of a six year stretch where he averaged 1,221 yards and 8 touchdowns per season.

Simple Jaded
03-10-2013, 09:43 PM
Yeah, but I actually can provide substantive reasoning for my viewpoint.

If you say so. But what were you saying about me being argumentative when you responded to my post? That's still pretty fuzzy reasoning.......

Simple Jaded
03-10-2013, 09:49 PM
The reason Greene sat early in his career was because Thomas Jones was in the middle of a six year stretch where he averaged 1,221 yards and 8 touchdowns per season.

He sat behind Thomas, shared time with Tomlinson, never lived up to 1st round hype because of age and talent, played a role in a garbage offense.......this isn't exactly an argument for his actual ability.......

SR
03-10-2013, 09:49 PM
Oh, now I get it, it was the average play around his average play that made that offense garbage?.......

You're just picking at straws now.

SR
03-10-2013, 09:50 PM

And then LT

MOtorboat
03-10-2013, 09:51 PM
He sat behind Thomas, shared time with Tomlinson, never lived up to 1st round hype because of age and talent, played a role in a garbage offense.......this isn't exactly an argument for his actual ability.......

He wasn't even taken in the first round.

Good grief.

pipes
Of the 3 mentioned, I guess I'd be pro-Mendenhall.
I like Jackson but like someone else posted, his price tag is going to be higher than the other two.

As far as Shonn goes - I liked him at Iowa but in the few NYJ games I've watched, he showed a lot of the same things that irritated me when he was a Hawkeye. He had moments where he thought that he was a ballerina. He'd miss blocks regularly. And the biggest irritation was/is: every game he would limp off and a lot of games, would not return. This was the biggest letdown about him-he will not play in discomfort let alone pain. Obviously, I'm not speaking of a major injury such as an ACL tear, I'm talking about rolling/twisting an ankle, minor stuff-does not play through it.

SR
Good grief.

No shit

MOtorboat
03-10-2013, 09:52 PM
And then LT

LT was basically his backup.

Poet
03-10-2013, 09:57 PM
He sat behind Jones to be groomed for the position. Jaded, so you know, I wasn't trying to be a douche. If I came off that way, I apologize.

Simple Jaded
03-10-2013, 10:00 PM
He sat behind Jones to be groomed for the position. Jaded, so you know, I wasn't trying to be a douche. If I came off that way, I apologize.

Not at all. I don't mean to be a douche either. With mixed results, obviously.......

Simple Jaded
03-10-2013, 10:03 PM
He wasn't even taken in the first round.

Good grief.

I didn't bring it up. My point was the arguments made for Greene can be turned against him.......

MOtorboat
03-10-2013, 10:36 PM
I didn't bring it up. My point was the arguments made for Greene can be turned against him.......

Not that one, for sure.

As stupid as it is to whine about where he was selected five years after he was selected, it's even dumber to say he didn't live up to "hype" when he wasn't even drafted in the hyped round you're talking about.

OrangeHoof
03-10-2013, 10:46 PM
So, we're looking at spending a lot of money on another injury-prone back? Why?

Mendenhall had the best possible situation as a Steeler. A trapping run attack that has worked for decades and a QB that opponents must account for on every down. He's really the fourth clown in a three-ring circus so absolutely nobody was keying on him. IOW, he can only get worse as a Bronco. I'd pass.

Why don't we draft a solid back in the 2nd-4th round and get what we need for a fraction of the price?

Simple Jaded
03-10-2013, 10:57 PM
Not that one, for sure.

As stupid as it is to whine about where he was selected five years after he was selected, it's even dumber to say he didn't live up to "hype" when he wasn't even drafted in the hyped round you're talking about.

He didn't live up to the hype that somebody else brought up, take that fact up with King.......

dogfish
03-11-2013, 01:25 AM
mendenhall was a superior player to green two-three years ago, but he sure as hell isn't now. . . he's a broken-down has-been, and a malcontent with a piss-poor attitude and no work ethic. . . let some other team waste their time and money on the grub. . . green is a durable chain mover who rarely fumbles, and he probably has about three years of productive football left in his legs-- i don't think mendenhall has any left, regardless of his age. . .

Simple Jaded
03-11-2013, 02:23 AM
Yet another ringing endorsement for Greene. From the sounds of it the most likely reason that Denver is even interested in Greene is because he is still breathing and should come dirt cheap.

You do realize that you can get "worthwhile chainmovers" in cfa?.......

underrated29
03-11-2013, 02:41 AM
mendenhall was a superior player to green two-three years ago, but he sure as hell isn't now. . . he's a broken-down has-been, and a malcontent with a piss-poor attitude and no work ethic. . . let some other team waste their time and money on the grub. . . green is a durable chain mover who rarely fumbles, and he probably has about three years of productive football left in his legs-- i don't think mendenhall has any left, regardless of his age. . .

I go with half of this and the other half not so much. Basically all the part about mendenhall I can get behind, except for the part of green being better for us then mendenhall. I think rashit has more to offer and more left on the tank than shonn, and I even had mendenhall with the #8 overall pick two year ago when he was a total waste and doosheface.

I think he is about equally as strong, a hell of a lot faster, and behind a line, something the steel hasn't had in a while. Uld do pretty well. Better than shonn. Yes, I do not like shonn very much, at all.

I'd still rather have sjax or bell on the draft but if we are going to get one via FA I'd rather have mendenhall over shons dumbass.

TXBRONC
03-11-2013, 07:57 AM
I would still rather bring in Greene. He's a back that if you feed him ball he's going grind out a 1,000 yards. I don't know if Mendenhall is used up on not but he's probably going to be expensive just like Jackson.

Traveler
03-11-2013, 08:03 AM
Whomever winds up here in Denver, I think it's pretty safe to say neither McGahee nor Moreno will be with the team this season.

TXBRONC
03-11-2013, 08:17 AM
Whomever winds up here in Denver, I think it's pretty safe to say neither McGahee nor Moreno will be with the team this season.

I don't think we'll be releasing both of them.

Northman
03-11-2013, 08:51 AM

Hell no.

I dont know much about his character but he's been injured a LOT since he came in to the NFL and that really scares me. He's no more reliable than McGahee at this point and would prefer Green just for durability alone.

Northman
03-11-2013, 08:53 AM

Agreed.

Northman
03-11-2013, 08:55 AM
You're high

Insanely high.

Northman
03-11-2013, 09:04 AM

Thats really what the reality is for Denver.

People get so enamored with "possibilities" instead of durability, consistency, etc. What the Broncos need at this time and what they need to make a SB run is a guy who can be consistent and right now much to the haters dislike Greene is that guy. Its not even debatable at this point.

CoachChaz
03-11-2013, 09:10 AM
Thats really what the reality is for Denver.

People get so enamored with "possibilities" instead of durability, consistency, etc. What the Broncos need at this time and what they need to make a SB run is a guy who can be consistent and right now much to the haters dislike Greene is that guy. Its not even debatable at this point.

If consistent is defined as being league average every year, then yes...Greene is consistent

Northman
03-11-2013, 09:12 AM
If consistent is defined as being league average every year, then yes...Greene is consistent

If it gets us a SB trophy who gives a shit?

MOtorboat
03-11-2013, 09:14 AM

Isn't that why you dislike Moreno?

CoachChaz
03-11-2013, 09:24 AM

What does Greene bring to the team that our current combination of McGahee, Moreno, Hilman, Ball doesnt?

Northman
03-11-2013, 09:24 AM

No, totally different reasons.

Northman
03-11-2013, 09:25 AM
What does Greene bring to the team that our current combination of McGahee, Moreno, Hilman, Ball doesnt?

Durability.

CoachChaz
03-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Durability.

Fair, I suppose, but I could find you 20 or more running backs that are durable. None of which are going to bring you a Super Bowl. Greene would be on that list

Northman
03-11-2013, 09:31 AM
The biggest problem for us right now is that we have backs that cant stay healthy to save their life. Its the nature of the game but you still have to evaluate and consider getting a player who can stay on the field even if you consider it a lateral move. In the last 6 games last year Moreno showed improvement but his durability is still a massive liability. Taking Greene isnt a sexy option but its a common sense one when you have an offense that is more pass oriented anyway. If Manning can get to two SB's with a guy like Addai than Greene is more than able to do enough to get us there as well. I have no idea if this means McGahee or Moreno will be cut (my guess would be McGahee) but picking up Jackson or Mend really doesnt make sense when your biggest issue is backs staying healthy.

Mike
03-11-2013, 09:35 AM
The biggest problem for us right now is that we have backs that cant stay healthy to save their life. Its the nature of the game but you still have to evaluate and consider getting a player who can stay on the field even if you consider it a lateral move. In the last 6 games last year Moreno showed improvement but his durability is still a massive liability. Taking Greene isnt a sexy option but its a common sense one when you have an offense that is more pass oriented anyway. If Manning can get to two SB's with a guy like Addai than Greene is more than able to do enough to get us there as well. I have no idea if this means McGahee or Moreno will be cut (my guess would be McGahee) but picking up Jackson or Mend really doesnt make sense when your biggest issue is backs staying healthy.

I agree, but equally concerning is that the RBs also seem specialized. It would be nice to have a RB that could block, run, catch, and stay healthy.

CoachChaz
03-11-2013, 09:36 AM

I'm not saying we need Greene to be a superstar or that we even need a superstar. But his price tag will not be indicative of what he brings to the table. If I am going to pay 4 or 5 mil for mediocrity, I may as well kick in a few more and get something much better.

And as far as backs staying healthy...it's always a crap shoot. But Jackson has only missed 11 games in his career and only 2 in the last 4 years.

Nomad
03-11-2013, 09:37 AM
I agree, but equally concerning is that the RBs also seem specialized. It would be nice to have a RB that could block, run, catch, and stay healthy.

Sounds like Hester, though he doesn't have that break away speed.

Northman
03-11-2013, 09:39 AM

Well, i think ultimately Hillman could fill that role of a scat-back type of RB. If Moreno can continue to improve he can split with Greene (if we go that route) to carry the workload. But right now i dont think there is a back out there that can do all of that. You kind of have to mix and match at this stage of the NFL where teams no longer rely on just one back anymore.

Northman
03-11-2013, 09:39 AM
Sounds like Hester, though he doesn't have that break away speed.

Yea, i totally forgot about Hester.

CoachChaz
03-11-2013, 09:44 AM
Well, i think ultimately Hillman could fill that role of a scat-back type of RB. If Moreno can continue to improve he can split with Greene (if we go that route) to carry the workload. But right now i dont think there is a back out there that can do all of that. You kind of have to mix and match at this stage of the NFL where teams no longer rely on just one back anymore.

(cough) Jackson (cough)

BroncoWave
03-11-2013, 10:07 AM

Do you want to make a bet on that?

BroncoWave
03-11-2013, 10:08 AM

No, he dislikes Moreno because he was picked in the first round and doesn't play like AP, which obviously makes him worthless.

Mike
03-11-2013, 10:25 AM
No, he dislikes Moreno because he was picked in the first round and doesn't play like AP, which obviously makes him worthless.

Proving that you don't read what other people post and then making foolish statements again? Well...carry on then.

Lancane
03-11-2013, 10:26 AM

Actually that's completely untrue, and unjustified Bailey. The reason that people have such issues with Moreno is that he was the 12th overall pick, has not had a 1,000 yard rushing season since becoming a pro. Most teams don't hold on to players drafted high that have produced so little at their respective positions which is true. You know I am not one to easily give up on drafted players, but in all seriousness I think the Broncos would be better if they gave Moreno a new number and made him a slot receiver to be honest, his greatest on the field production is as a receiver. You disagree and that is your choice, but can you honestly attest that Moreno has proven worth being the 12th overall pick, let alone a first round pick at his position?

BroncoWave
03-11-2013, 10:29 AM
I'm more concerned with how he plays relative to his contract, not his draft pick. Where he was drafted has no impact on the team today. His contract does. Relative to how he is paid his production is just fine.

Lancane
03-11-2013, 10:35 AM
I'm more concerned with how he plays relative to his contract, not his draft pick. Where he was drafted has no impact on the team today. His contract does. Relative to how he is paid his production is just fine.

So your saying because he's making so little that he's worth what he's receiving and that's cool. But if that is your argument, then you have to see other people's points of view as well, because they're not using the same measuring stick as you are. Some say great quarterbacks are measured by their Super Bowl rings, others say that is hogwash - but both points of view hold merit, it's up to everyone as individuals to devise what we believe.

:beer:

CoachChaz
03-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Actually that's completely untrue, and unjustified Bailey. The reason that people have such issues with Moreno is that he was the 12th overall pick, has not had a 1,000 yard rushing season since becoming a pro. Most teams don't hold on to players drafted high that have produced so little at their respective positions which is true. You know I am not one to easily give up on drafted players, but in all seriousness I think the Broncos would be better if they gave Moreno a new number and made him a slot receiver to be honest, his greatest on the field production is as a receiver. You disagree and that is your choice, but can you honestly attest that Moreno has proven worth being the 12th overall pick, let alone a first round pick at his position?

Interesting argument that seems to ring true in different levels.

Has Moreno lived up to being a #12 pick?

Has Doom lived up to being paid like a 17 sack pass rusher?

Lancane
03-11-2013, 10:44 AM
Interesting argument that seems to ring true in different levels.

Has Moreno lived up to being a #12 pick?

Has Doom lived up to being paid like a 17 sack pass rusher?

But I never said Doom was worth his contract, I already stated that he'd be forced to take a pay cut. However, if we're going off production then it would be fair to say that Dumervil has been a better draft pick as a defensive end and as a pass rusher, especially being a 4th Round Pick to Moreno on any level. Offensive Coordinators make game plans evolved around him rushing the passer, do you actually believe that Defensive Coordinators do the same due to Moreno? I could also ask this, which one is easier to replace production wise and which one if we lost would effect the overall ability of the Team in whole?

Northman
03-11-2013, 10:56 AM
Proving that you don't read what other people post and then making foolish statements again? Well...carry on then.

Nail/Coffin

CoachChaz
03-11-2013, 10:59 AM
But I never said Doom was worth his contract, I already stated that he'd be forced to take a pay cut. However, if we're going off production then it would be fair to say that Dumervil has been a better draft pick as a defensive end and as a pass rusher, especially being a 4th Round Pick to Moreno on any level. Offensive Coordinators make game plans evolved around him rushing the passer, do you actually believe that Defensive Coordinators do the same due to Moreno? I could also ask this, which one is easier to replace production wise and which one if we lost would effect the overall ability of the Team in whole?

That's why I dont judge players based on where they were drafted. I judge them based on performance value. If Moreno was being paid like a 1500 yard rusher, he'd be cut immediately. If Doom was performing like a 17 sack DE, the current contract wouldnt be scrutinized. However...Moreno isnt being paid all that much and his value to contract is more in line than what Dumervil's is.

Lancane
03-11-2013, 11:04 AM
That's why I dont judge players based on where they were drafted. I judge them based on performance value. If Moreno was being paid like a 1500 yard rusher, he'd be cut immediately. If Doom was performing like a 17 sack DE, the current contract wouldnt be scrutinized. However...Moreno isnt being paid all that much and his value to contract is more in line than what Dumervil's is.

I can agree with the contract value argument, but as for production and especially given where they were drafted then there is no argument. And again, we are talking about individual opinions, not just yours or mine, but of this board collectively.

NightTerror218
03-11-2013, 11:27 AM
Looks liek a Vet RB is the way Broncos FO is going to go. I like Mendenhall over Jackson. Mendenhall has played 5 years in the league. Rookie year did not play much. Next too seasons over 1000 yards and then a 920 yard season and last season he has not played much. He does not seem too have very much mileage on him.

BroncoWave
03-11-2013, 11:47 AM
So your saying because he's making so little that he's worth what he's receiving and that's cool. But if that is your argument, then you have to see other people's points of view as well, because they're not using the same measuring stick as you are. Some say great quarterbacks are measured by their Super Bowl rings, others say that is hogwash - but both points of view hold merit, it's up to everyone as individuals to devise what we believe.

:beer:

I just don't see how draft position is relevant. Do you understand the term of a sunk cost? That first round pick on Moreno is a sunk cost that we will never get back. Getting rid of him would not change that. Given the fact that nothing will ever change that, the only thing you can judge him on now is how much he helps the team relative to what he is paid. Give that he does preform pretty well in line with his salary, I really fail to see how where he was picked still holds relevance. It's not like we're paying him AP or CJ2K money.

BroncoWave
03-11-2013, 11:49 AM
To put it in simpler terms, show me one quote ever where a team said they got rid of a servicable player because he didn't live up to his draft pick. You see teams cut players that make too much money all the time, but you almost never see players cut who are productive, paid moderately, but underperformed based on where they are picked.

CoachChaz
03-11-2013, 11:53 AM
I can agree with the contract value argument, but as for production and especially given where they were drafted then there is no argument. And again, we are talking about individual opinions, not just yours or mine, but of this board collectively.

There is no argument because draft position is irrelevant. If you perform like a 500k player and get paid 500k...you are at proper value. But if you perform like a 500k player and get paid a million, then a change needs to be made. Draft position doesnt matter

Lancane
03-11-2013, 12:00 PM
To put it in simpler terms, show me one quote ever where a team said they got rid of a servicable player because he didn't live up to his draft pick. You see teams cut players that make too much money all the time, but you almost never see players cut who are productive, paid moderately, but underperformed based on where they are picked.

I understand what your saying, but again you have to look at it as others may as well. As for myself, the only reason I believed that Moreno was on the chopping block was because I believed they would retain McGahee and Hillman, and with all the talk of pursuing another tailback that means someone is on the outs - take his draft grade, lack of yardage rushing the ball and even his inability to beat out others for the starting spot, I figured it was Moreno. But maybe they plan on retaining four tailbacks for the season, which is a possibility.

Mike
03-11-2013, 12:04 PM
I couldn't care less about where the guy is drafted. He played well down the stretch. But he can't stay on the field and has proven unreliable. Based on that alone and, given McGahee's tendency to fumble and get dinged up, Denver has to deal with the position.

I would happily take Jackson...wouldn't say no to Bush either.

BroncoWave
03-11-2013, 12:15 PM
I understand what your saying, but again you have to look at it as others may as well. As for myself, the only reason I believed that Moreno was on the chopping block was because I believed they would retain McGahee and Hillman, and with all the talk of pursuing another tailback that means someone is on the outs - take his draft grade, lack of yardage rushing the ball and even his inability to beat out others for the starting spot, I figured it was Moreno. But maybe they plan on retaining four tailbacks for the season, which is a possibility.

I think it also depends on who we bring in. If we bring in someone who is very similar to Moreno, Moreno might go. If he is similar to McGahee, McGahee might go. Hillman is probably safe since he was just drafted last year by this regime.

NightTerror218
03-11-2013, 12:26 PM
I think it also depends on who we bring in. If we bring in someone who is very similar to Moreno, Moreno might go. If he is similar to McGahee, McGahee might go. Hillman is probably safe since he was just drafted last year by this regime.

Moreno has yet to finish an NFL season healthy. He is always injured. He is money down the drain. he only played what 6 games this season and then got injured. he has an injury bug and his money can be used else where on a player that possible spend a season healthy and not take a roster spot.

BroncoWave
03-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Moreno has yet to finish an NFL season healthy. He is always injured. He is money down the drain. he only played what 6 games this season and then got injured. he has an injury bug and his money can be used else where on a player that possible spend a season healthy and not take a roster spot.

Every RB gets injured. Moreno has only had one NFL season in which he missed more than 3 games due to injury. And your first sentence is incorrect as he played in all 16 games as a rookie and in 13 the next year. His 3rd year was the only one in which he missed significant time due to injury.

Lancane
03-11-2013, 02:35 PM
I'm hearing more and more about Mendehall to Denver, this is starting to sound more likely then Greene to Denver.

NightTerror218
03-11-2013, 02:36 PM
I'm hearing more and more about Mendehall to Denver, this is starting to sound more likely then Greene to Denver.

I think Mendenhall is a good fit, i also think he is lighter on the miles too. Mendenhall is going into 6th year. Question is who remains, Mcgahee or Moreno? Moreno is cheaper but not as productive as Mcgahee.

CoachChaz
03-11-2013, 02:42 PM
McGahee will be the one to be released. Mendenhall is a younger, faster version of McGahee, so you keep Moreno to spell Mendenhall and make defenses adjust to a different style. Three backs with three different games is a good thing.

The mileage on Mendenhall is low. He has less carries in the last 4 years than Montee Ball has in 4 years of college

Lancane
03-11-2013, 02:43 PM
I think Mendenhall is a good fit, i also think he is lighter on the miles too. Mendenhall is going into 6th year. Question is who remains, Mcgahee or Moreno? Moreno is cheaper but not as productive as Mcgahee.

According to stats, Mendenhall despite his years in the NFL, he's only 25 and has less mileage then Montee Ball. I'm also hearing that McGahee would be the likely one cut.

weazel
03-11-2013, 04:51 PM

I'd rather have Gaston Greene

MOtorboat
03-11-2013, 05:32 PM
According to stats, Mendenhall despite his years in the NFL, he's only 25 and has less mileage then Montee Ball. I'm also hearing that McGahee would be the likely one cut.

I'm not sure how you figured the first part of your post...Mendenhall has 1250 rushes and Ball has 924. Mendenhall is 25, but Ball is 22...

Now, ask me who I'd rather see the Broncos get? Mendenhall, because he's proven he can run at the NFL level, but I'm not sure of you're reasoning here.

Northman
03-11-2013, 05:35 PM
I really wish they would stay away from the walking wounded. If Mend comes to Denver he wont finish the season, you heard it here first.

Poet
03-11-2013, 06:16 PM
I really wish they would stay away from the walking wounded. If Mend comes to Denver he wont finish the season; you heard it here from anyone who has ever watched MENDenhall prove that the first four letters in his last name are fitting.

This is what I read.

Simple Jaded
03-11-2013, 11:47 PM
I have recently soured on Mendenhall on the count of the fact that the biggest jackoff moron on the planet, Dmac, thinks he's a perfect fit for Denver. When I'm wrong I'm wrong.

Shonn Greene still sucks, tho.......

Poet
03-11-2013, 11:49 PM
I have recently soured on Mendenhall on the count of the fact that the biggest jackoff moron on the planet, Dmac, thinks he's a perfect fit for Denver. When I'm wrong I'm wrong.......

What did he do now/say?

Simple Jaded
03-11-2013, 11:53 PM
What did he do now/say?

All l heard is that he thinks Mendenhall is a perfect fit.......

Poet
03-11-2013, 11:55 PM
All l heard is that he thinks Mendenhall is a perfect fit.......

Who is Dmac?

Simple Jaded
03-12-2013, 12:02 AM
Who is Dmac?

He's a failed morning disc jockey who somehow weaseled his way into sports talk, he's by far the biggest ******* idiot I have ever heard. Alfred Williams almost kicked his ass when they first started together, literally. Complete and total jackoff.......

Poet
03-12-2013, 12:06 AM
He's a failed morning disc jockey who somehow weaseled his way into sports talk, he's by far the biggest ******* idiot I have ever heard. Alfred Williams almost kicked his ass when they first started together, literally. Complete and total jackoff.......

Does he have any redeeming qualities?

Simple Jaded
03-12-2013, 12:13 AM
Does he have any redeeming qualities?

Apparently he plays the drums.......

MOtorboat
03-12-2013, 06:53 AM
And some people say me and Buff are joyless...

chazoe60
03-12-2013, 07:55 AM
Alfred Williams is quite possibly the dumbest human being on the planet. Yesterday he said Percy Harvin is a HOFer and followed that up by saying the Broncos don't have an offensive player who can catch a short pass and take it to the house. I guess he's never seen DT play.

He once said we drafted Richard Quinn to be our pass catching TE because of all the passes he caught in college, he was being serious. Richard Quinn caught 12 passes his entire college career. :laugh:

As much as you might hate Dmac, jaded, Alfred is ten times worse.

TXBRONC
03-12-2013, 07:57 AM
And some people say me and Buff are joyless...

MO I have a lot of joy in my life. Seeing your posts brings a smile to my face because the first thing I think of is how I am taller and better looking than you are. :D

Dzone
03-12-2013, 09:12 AM
Ever since Dmac called that bartender an ******* for not having the Rockies game on the TV, I have seen him as nothing but a windbag of douchery. Hes a weasely pompous ass and a poor excuse for a human being lol
Al Williams once said Orton to Loyd was the best QB/WR combo in the entire NFL. I shit you not, he said it.

BigDaddyBronco
03-12-2013, 10:37 AM
I once listened to Dmac and Alfred Williams when I was driving around Denver. It made me almost drive into a bridge support. Lost IQ points listening to them for 5 minutes.

LTC Pain
03-12-2013, 10:54 AM
Just read on SI Rumors that the Broncos are favorite to land Reggie Bush.

Ravage!!!
03-12-2013, 10:54 AM

I don't think so. Seems he's probably going to the Lions.

Lancane
03-12-2013, 10:55 AM

Not true, Vic Lombardi put that rumor to rest yesterday and he's likely to sign with Detroit.

LTC Pain
03-12-2013, 11:09 AM
Not true, Vic Lombardi put that rumor to rest yesterday and he's likely to sign with Detroit.

The rumor is true as indicated by the attached link. Probably won't happen and Bush is not the FA RB I's want the Broncos to sign.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/372358-broncos-favored-to-land-reggie-bush

Northman
03-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Ive heard all morning on sports talk radio that the Lions are the favorite.

NightTerror218
03-12-2013, 11:36 AM
Ive heard all morning on sports talk radio that the Lions are the favorite.

I just saw on NFL.com that all the analysis have the Broncos as the favorite to land him.

Lancane
03-12-2013, 11:41 AM
I just saw on NFL.com that all the analysis have the Broncos as the favorite to land him.

Link? Because NFL.com has the Cardinals and Lions as the only two teams courting Bush.

Dzone
03-12-2013, 11:42 AM
Maybe Reggie can give us one good season before his body goes all Moreno on us
edit:NFL.com says hes going to detroit, who has a better cap situation, Reggie wants feature back money, when he is situational at best. Detroit will overpay him and he will pop a hammy in TC and be out for months

NightTerror218
03-12-2013, 11:43 AM
Link? Because NFL.com has the Cardinals and Lions as the only two teams courting Bush.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story/0ap1000000149863/article/free-agency-predictions-analysts-match-top-players-with-teams?campaign=Twitter_writers_predictions

Northman
03-12-2013, 12:26 PM
http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story/0ap1000000149863/article/free-agency-predictions-analysts-match-top-players-with-teams?campaign=Twitter_writers_predictions

Uh, who you looking at NT? We are talking about Bush, not Mend. On that link all 5 guys picked Bush to land in Detroit. lmao

Lancane
03-12-2013, 12:44 PM
Uh, who you looking at NT? We are talking about Bush, not Mend. On that link all 5 guys picked Bush to land in Detroit. lmao

I think Terror meant Mendenhall North...lol. I was confused at first as well...hahaha.

Northman
03-12-2013, 12:54 PM
I think Terror meant Mendenhall North...lol. I was confused at first as well...hahaha.

Obviously he was talking about Mend. But i know we werent.

Poet
03-12-2013, 12:57 PM
I honestly think you guys may end up just drafting a back in the second round. I don't see any really good FA fits right now for you.

Northman
03-12-2013, 01:00 PM
I would still take Greene.

Poet
03-12-2013, 01:03 PM
I would still take Greene.

I honestly think he is the best option for you guys. I doubt you guys take Lacy, but I bet he's on your radar.

NightTerror218
03-12-2013, 01:14 PM

I was referring to Mendenhall.

Northman
03-12-2013, 01:17 PM
I was referring to Mendenhall.

Ok, but we werent.

NightTerror218
03-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Ok, but we werent.

I thought I was in the mendenhall thread

Northman
03-12-2013, 01:27 PM
I thought I was in the mendenhall thread

It was, until it was taken over by hairy bush.

MOtorboat
03-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Apparently getting closer...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/12/broncos-likely-to-sign-mendenhall/

ShaneFalco
03-12-2013, 08:40 PM
ughh i dont get the FO obsession with washed up RBS

SR
03-12-2013, 08:42 PM

Maybe because your definition of "washed up" is different than juuuust about everyone else's....

HORSEPOWER 56
03-12-2013, 08:43 PM

But you were all over bringing in Jackson, the guy with the highest mileage in the league? :confused:

SR
03-12-2013, 08:44 PM
But you were all over bringing in Jackson, the guy with the highest mileage in the league? :confused:

He's also a pseudo Rams fan.

ShaneFalco
03-12-2013, 08:47 PM
no im not, hes just the same. maybe 1 or 2 years left in him at most.

I said i would rather draft a young rb then bother with any of these free agent RBS

Dzone
03-12-2013, 08:50 PM
Sign Mendenhall on the condition that he shut the hell up and stick to football...he is always one tweet away from sticking his foot in his mouth and embarrassing everyone

SR
03-12-2013, 08:54 PM
no im not, hes just the same. maybe 1 or 2 years left in him at most.

I said i would rather draft a young rb then bother with any of these free agent RBS

The age difference between Jackson and Mendenhall is SIGNIFICANT

tomjonesrocks
03-12-2013, 09:41 PM
Mendenhall is totally washed up. I don't understand the interest.

Simple Jaded
03-12-2013, 09:45 PM
He's a Ram/Tebow fan.......

Lancane
03-12-2013, 10:31 PM
He's a Ram/Tebow fan.......

I don't think I would have used Ram and Tebow in the same sentence!!! People might get the wrong idea... :lol:

CoachChaz
03-12-2013, 10:35 PM
Just draft a back.

Lancane
03-12-2013, 10:38 PM
Just draft a back.

Well, if they don't sign Mendenhall and fill most of their other needs then that might become a possibility.

ShaneFalco
03-12-2013, 11:03 PM
Just draft a back.

is what im saying, why have a revolving door at RB? Lets get a young bronco!

Lancane
03-13-2013, 01:11 AM
According to Chris Wesseling of NFL.com, Mendenhall left Denver without inking a contract and will visit with the Cardinals on Wednesday along with Quarterback, Drew Stanton. Mendenhall is also drawing interest from the Falcons, Jets and Dolphins.

This could mean that he left because his camp feels that he is worth more then the Broncos are offering - don't be surprised if Denver starts pursuing other tailbacks more aggressively, such as Shonn Greene.

underrated29
03-13-2013, 01:16 AM
According to Chris Wesseling of NFL.com, Mendenhall left Denver without inking a contract and will visit with the Cardinals on Wednesday along with Quarterback, Drew Stanton. Mendenhall is also drawing interest from the Falcons, Jets and Dolphins.

This could mean that he left because his camp feels that he is worth more then the Broncos are offering - don't be surprised if Denver starts pursuing other tailbacks more aggressively, such as Shonn Greene.

Huh, I read that he was visiting Arizona first and coming to us tomorrow (today since its after midnight)

Lancane
03-13-2013, 01:19 AM
Huh, I read that he was visiting Arizona first and coming to us tomorrow (today since its after midnight)

That is just what he wrote on NFL.com, maybe he is simply mistaken and took that Mendenhall left Arizona without a contract and is visiting Denver. Wouldn't be the first time and NFL.com writer made a fubar.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000150183/article/tracking-the-bigname-freeagent-running-backs

Added a link.

dogfish
03-13-2013, 02:01 AM
Just draft a back.

99% of the time i'd agree with you wholeheartedly, and i'd be just as happy this year as well. . . i think it seems pretty obvious that the FO wants an NFL-proven back who at least has some experience as a blocker, though-- not surprising as it's such a crucial aspect of this particular offense. . . plus our window is small, and they may not want to bring a second back up to speed along with hillman. . .

from a cost vs. productivity vs. longevity perspective it's almost always better to draft a back, but this year is a special circumstance-- i can understand it if they prefer a vet this time. . .

my question is, who gets cut? is it mcgahee due to age, salary and fumbles, regardless of who else we get? or does it hinge on what type of back we can get as a replacement? what do you think? putting a tender on lance ball kinda makes me think either willis or knowshon could be the goner. . .

CoachChaz
03-13-2013, 02:19 AM
You find the back that fitd and cut the player he most closely compliments. Period. Let it be a business

dogfish
03-13-2013, 03:06 AM
You find the back that fitd and cut the player he most closely compliments. Period. Let it be a business

who are your top backs in this draft for denver?

chazoe60
03-13-2013, 07:57 AM
Montee Ball.

TXBRONC
03-13-2013, 09:18 AM
99% of the time i'd agree with you wholeheartedly, and i'd be just as happy this year as well. . . i think it seems pretty obvious that the FO wants an NFL-proven back who at least has some experience as a blocker, though-- not surprising as it's such a crucial aspect of this particular offense. . . plus our window is small, and they may not want to bring a second back up to speed along with hillman. . .

from a cost vs. productivity vs. longevity perspective it's almost always better to draft a back, but this year is a special circumstance-- i can understand it if they prefer a vet this time. . .

my question is, who gets cut? is it mcgahee due to age, salary and fumbles, regardless of who else we get? or does it hinge on what type of back we can get as a replacement? what do you think? putting a tender on lance ball kinda makes me think either willis or knowshon could be the goner. . .

Is there a running back in the draft who is already competent in blitz pick ups?

Lancane
03-13-2013, 10:09 AM
Montee Ball.

Montee Ball has more wear then a hooker on Colfax.

TXBRONC
03-13-2013, 10:23 AM
Montee Ball has more wear then a hooker on Colfax.

Are you speaking from experience?

Lancane
03-13-2013, 10:26 AM
Are you speaking from experience?

Shhhhhhhuuuuuuushhhhhhhh! :D

It's no lie...

Zweems56
03-13-2013, 12:43 PM
Mendenhall agreed with Cardinals for a year. YES!

And Cardinals reached an agreement in principle on a one-year deal with former Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall.

NightTerror218
03-13-2013, 12:44 PM
you are quicker then I am lol

NightTerror218
03-13-2013, 12:44 PM
wonder if AZ over paid him knowing he was going to come talk to us.

Zweems56
03-13-2013, 12:45 PM
wonder if AZ over paid him knowing he was going to come talk to us.

They signed him to a 1 year deal. They probably overpaid him regardless of whether or not he was coming to talk to us.

Dzone
03-13-2013, 12:54 PM
Well shit, that sucks, Bush goes to Lions, now who else is left for us to sign?

Lancane
03-13-2013, 12:59 PM
Mendenhall has agreed to a one year deal with the Cardinals - per NFL.com

NightTerror218
03-13-2013, 01:02 PM
/thread

DenBronx
03-13-2013, 01:09 PM
McGahee/Moreno....what in the hell is wrong with that?

NightTerror218
03-13-2013, 01:11 PM

injury issues

Lancane
03-13-2013, 01:14 PM

Do we need to re-watch the 2012 AFC Divisional Playoff Game against Baltimore?

Simple Jaded
03-14-2013, 12:22 AM
Eddie Lacy may not run before the draft, maybe he falls to 2nd rnd.......