PDA

View Full Version : Darrelle Revis reportedly draws interest from Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
03-10-2013, 09:58 AM
While reports of the San Francisco 49ers and Atlanta Falcons being hot on Darrelle Revis' trail have been raised and subsequently denied, the Denver Broncos have been flying low on the radar screen.

No longer. One source tells ESPNNewYork.com that the Broncos have expressed interest in a trade for Revis.

The news should come as no surprise. In a window to contend for the Super Bowl, the Broncos are built to win now. As evidenced by the multiple blown coverages in the playoff loss to the Baltimore Ravens, Revis might be just the player to put them over the top.

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000149206/article/darrelle-revis-reportedly-draws-interest-from-broncos

Dzone
03-10-2013, 10:46 AM
Who/what gets traded for him?

MOtorboat
03-10-2013, 10:58 AM
Who/what gets traded for him?

The Jets need to free up cap space, so likely draft picks. I bet the Jets ask for two first, two seconds is probably a more likely market, though.

SR
03-10-2013, 11:03 AM
The Jets need to free up cap space, so likely draft picks. I bet the Jets ask for two first, two seconds is probably a more likely market, though.

I'm not ok with sacrificing future firsts or this first for Revis. Two seconds I could deal with. But ultimately I don't want his price tag. I'd rather the Broncos go after Adrian Wilson.

MOtorboat
03-10-2013, 11:16 AM
I'm not ok with sacrificing future firsts or this first for Revis. Two seconds I could deal with. But ultimately I don't want his price tag. I'd rather the Broncos go after Adrian Wilson.

I can't believe anyone would negotiate an extension with him coming off an ACL injury.

pipes
03-10-2013, 11:23 AM
I heard some analysts speaking on this and they thought the Jets would ask for the farm but would have to settle for a second and possibly another pick, most likely a conditional.

Anybody else find it odd that teams like Oakland and NYJ are in cap hell yet have very few star players?!
Goes to show you that you have to have quality "cap" personnel!

pipes
03-10-2013, 11:24 AM
I can't believe anyone would negotiate an extension with him coming off an ACL injury.

Especially not Denver since they won't extend Clady due to his offseason surgery.

CoachChaz
03-10-2013, 11:27 AM
I think the market would be a 2nd and a future conditional. Coming off ACL and wasnt playing great prior to that. Look at what All Pro Brandon Marshall netted the Dolphins without a major injury

SR
03-10-2013, 11:29 AM

I agree with that

Davii
03-10-2013, 12:11 PM
I'm not sure I'm sold on Revis in Denver. Sure he's a great player, but he's expensive and coming off major injury. I'm sure he'll still be a great player, but if we're looking for secondary help I think we should be looking for safety help. No doubt Champ and Revis would be an amazing combo, I'm just not sure it'd be worth the price.

broncosfannum24
03-10-2013, 12:18 PM
do you really think they would ask for 2 first? I mean this isn't a Young franchise qb (Jay Cutler) were talking about. just a really good corner that's never gonna finish his contract, and is coming off a torn acl, and the year before hamstring problems. If they got 2 first Rounders for him then I would guarantee it would be the raiders on the trade lol

underrated29
03-10-2013, 12:22 PM
I'm not a revis fan, and even less now that he has no legs. We already know I think Xavier Rhodes is the next best thing since unicorns, however I would ecstatically trade a 2 and conditional 3 for revis.

Lets face it, no cb in this draft is better than revis, so he's worth at least a 1. Then we know he is proven, in his prime, and top 2 cb in the league, who will be with us for a long while. That makes him worth more than a first.

Now we deduct a bunch from his acl, we deduct even more for him being a doosh diva, and then deduct more for his wanting a ridiculous contract, and deduct more still because its the jets, they have to trade him and you never pay full price for anything.

A 2 and 2014 3rd conditional is perfect for us. He is worth the gamble as a 2, and if he is back to form then he is worth the 3rd as a cherry on top.

This is the only way I would want him here though, and I still really don't want him here.

MOtorboat
03-10-2013, 12:22 PM
do you really think they would ask for 2 first? I mean this isn't a Young franchise qb (Jay Cutler) were talking about. just a really good corner that's never gonna finish his contract, and is coming off a torn acl, and the year before hamstring problems. If they got 2 first Rounders for him then I would guarantee it would be the raiders on the trade lol

Ask for it, yes. Get it, no.

BroncoWave
03-10-2013, 12:26 PM
If we could get him for two 2nds I would be on board. With Champ and Revis on the other team's WRs and VonDoom rushing the passer, we would never lose a 4th quarter lead.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-10-2013, 12:31 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi

I think the Revis camp is spreading this stuff with the hope that it gains some traction.

Keep reading these reports about the Broncos talking trade for Revis. I just don't see it. I'd be stunned.

underrated29
03-10-2013, 01:06 PM

I think the Revis camp is spreading this stuff with the hope that it gains some traction.

Keep reading these reports about the Broncos talking trade for Revis. I just don't see it. I'd be stunned.

Music to my ears

topscribe
03-10-2013, 01:12 PM
I don't think it would be the wisest move. It seems they could get two stud DTs for one of Revis.

But I'll trust Elway & co. on that . . .

BroncoWave
03-10-2013, 01:20 PM
I don't think it would be the wisest move. It seems they could get two stud DTs for one of Revis.

But I'll trust Elway & co. on that . . .

Which two stud DTs are out there that we could easily acquire?

CoachChaz
03-10-2013, 01:22 PM
Sometimes I'm surprised by homerism. Not sure why

topscribe
03-10-2013, 01:37 PM
Which two stud DTs are out there that we could easily acquire?
How could we "easily" acquire Revis?

SR
03-10-2013, 01:41 PM
How could we "easily" acquire Revis?

That's not the point of his question.

Poet
03-10-2013, 01:41 PM
ACL injuries are no longer as devastating as they used to be. I won't be surprised if the guy ends up having a big year this season.

If he gets traded I think he's going for a first rounder and probably some change like a second in next year's draft or a third rounder. His price tag is what's going to hamper the deal. Who wants to pay a cornerback 16 million a year, that's well over the market value of a corner.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-10-2013, 01:43 PM
UPDATE: Jeff Legwold of the Denver Post strongly disputes the ESPNNewYork.com report, insisting the Broncos "have NO intention of acquiring Revis." Ed Werder backed that up, saying the Broncos "are not interested" in a Revis trade.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000149206/article/darrelle-revis-drawing-interest-from-denver-broncos

Jeff Legwold

I have known many in this business for a long time and respect them immensely, but the Broncos have NO intention of acquiring Revis.

https://twitter.com/Jeff_Legwold/status/310774005743353856

topscribe
03-10-2013, 01:50 PM
That's not the point of his question.
And he missed my point. So we're even.

What about it drew your interest?

SR
03-10-2013, 01:55 PM

Nothing drew my interest

Denver Native (Carol)
03-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn

A high-ranking Broncos source told me last week they are not interested in trading for Darrelle Revis

https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn

Nomad
03-10-2013, 02:09 PM
I see no reason to get worked up over this.

BroncoWave
03-10-2013, 04:58 PM

What point did I miss? You can't just throw out an empty statement like "we should get 2 stud DTs instead of Revis" if you can't say who those two stud DTs are.

Revis is readily available and the Broncos could trade for him if they wanted. Which two stud DTs are available that Denver could pursue?

Ravage!!!
03-10-2013, 05:29 PM
This is exactly why you are always in arguments BTB,b ecause you don't read.

Top stated that the broncos could get 2 stud DTs for 1 of Revis. Meaning the cost of Revis (pay, trade, or combination of both) is equal to 2 stud DTs. Does that, in any way, suggest that he's saying that we could sign "these two specific DTs instead of Revis?" No.

It's no wonder that people are constantly telling you to pull your head out of your ass and read instead of blindly attacking a post with what you BELIEVE to be a "hole in their logic".... when its quite clear you just aren't able to comprehend what is being said. Alll you have to do is scroll up a few posts and re-read what top is saying. Its pretty self explanatory.

Poet
03-10-2013, 05:35 PM
I think BTB's point is that those DT's and their price tags don't actually exist, so who cares about it? The counter is market value, things of that nature.

I do not think Revis, is worth 16 million a year. He's had a really great career so far, but it's only really consisted of three actual years of production. One of those years was absurdly good and consisted of him shutting out the whose who of the WR world. Regardless, his other two years of real production were great, but not nearly as good. I think that people hear his name and think he's as good as his best year. That would have to be the case for him to earn 16 million a year as a friggen corner.

I think he will bounce back and still be the best corner in the game. Still not worth 16 million a year and draft picks.

SR
03-10-2013, 05:51 PM

Top stated that the broncos could get 2 stud DTs for 1 of Revis. Meaning the cost of Revis (pay, trade, or combination of both) is equal to 2 stud DTs. Does that, in any way, suggest that he's saying that we could sign "these two specific DTs instead of Revis?" No.

It's no wonder that people are constantly telling you to pull your head out of your ass and read instead of blindly attacking a post with what you BELIEVE to be a "hole in their logic".... when its quite clear you just aren't able to comprehend what is being said. Alll you have to do is scroll up a few posts and re-read what top is saying. Its pretty self explanatory.

You're on a roll tonight. I want to hug you

Nomad
03-10-2013, 05:58 PM
You're on a roll tonight. I want to hug you

Is that a long caressing hug or just a manly chest bump type hug?:lol:

SR
03-10-2013, 06:03 PM
Is that a long caressing hug or just a manly chest bump type hug?:lol:

Bro hug all the way

MOtorboat
03-10-2013, 06:06 PM
Bro hug all the way

Sure....

BroncoWave
03-10-2013, 06:35 PM

So why are you always in arguments then? Is it because you're just smarter than everyone else?

SR
03-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Sure....

Maybe a little ass grab...

Simple Jaded
03-10-2013, 07:20 PM
I hate great players, gimme Chris Harris and Omar Bolden any day.......

BeefStew25
03-10-2013, 07:40 PM
I am not comfortable with a black CB.

topscribe
03-10-2013, 07:56 PM
So why are you always in arguments then? Is it because you're just smarter than everyone else?
No answer for the post? No problem. Just attack the person . . .

chazoe60
03-10-2013, 08:18 PM
I am not comfortable with a black CB.
What is Jason Sehorn up to these days anyway?

DenBronx
03-10-2013, 08:33 PM

I too would be stunned. Revis little army men hve to be spreading these rumors. The Broncos are not in dire need of help at CB.

Can't get on board with this idea.

Army Bronco
03-10-2013, 08:49 PM
Sure....

Maybe a little ass grab...Thats hot.

Nomad
03-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Maybe a little ass grab...

That sounds....happy happy happy.:lol:

BroncoWave
03-10-2013, 10:37 PM
No answer for the post? No problem. Just attack the person . . .

His post was a personal attack against me. It got the response it deserved. Speaking of not responding to posts I'm still waiting for who those 2 DTs are.

MOtorboat
03-10-2013, 10:43 PM
His post was a personal attack against me. It got the response it deserved. Speaking of not responding to posts I'm still waiting for who those 2 DTs are.

Ravage is right. You do need to read better.

BroncoWave
03-10-2013, 10:49 PM
Ravage is right. You do need to read better.

What am I missing? His exact quote was "It seems they could get two stud DTs for one of Revis."

That's an empty statement without saying who those stud DTs are.

Simple Jaded
03-10-2013, 10:53 PM
I read it as Revis would command the equivalent of two stud DT's. Considering the franchise tag for DT's is $8.5 mil and Revis wants $15-16 mil, Top isn't far off.......

BroncoWave
03-10-2013, 10:57 PM
I read it as Revis would command the equivalent of two stud DT's. Considering the franchise tag for DT's is $8.5 mil and Revis wants $15-16 mil, Top isn't far off.......

I understand that. But Revis is actually available. If there are two stud DT available that we could get for 8 mil a piece instead of Revis, I would be all for that. But if those two DTs aren't available, then it's irrelevant that you could get that for the price of Revis.

Simple Jaded
03-10-2013, 11:09 PM
I understand that. But Revis is actually available. If there are two stud DT available that we could get for 8 mil a piece instead of Revis, I would be all for that. But if those two DTs aren't available, then it's irrelevant that you could get that for the price of Revis.

I think Top was just objecting to the price it'd take to sign Revis. Hell, I bet you could get 3-4 available DT's for $16 mil.......

topscribe
03-10-2013, 11:37 PM
I think Top was just objecting to the price it'd take to sign Revis. Hell, I bet you could get 3-4 available DT's for $16 mil.......
Exactly. Thank you.

Sometimes, people make a big deal out of the dumbest things . . .

Ravage!!!
03-11-2013, 10:00 AM

No its not. Damn you are irritating. His statement was simply:

Top: Man, that's a lot to pay for an orange. I could get two apples for that cost.

Response: Well, there aren't any apples around, so the cost is irrelevant.

:confused: what?

CoachChaz
03-11-2013, 10:04 AM
It's probably ALL irrelevant because I doubt Revis sees 15-16 mil from anyone with a glimmer of sanity

BroncoWave
03-11-2013, 10:05 AM
No its not. Damn you are irritating. His statement was simply:

Top: Man, that's a lot to pay for an orange. I could get two apples for that cost.

Response: Well, there aren't any apples around, so the cost is irrelevant.

:confused: what?

Where did I say the cost of Revis is irrelevant? And you say I can't read...

Lancane
03-11-2013, 10:31 AM
Between Revis' desired salary and the loss of draft picks, I'd have to seriously question Elway if he pursued this trade. The only way I could see this justified would be if Revis' was willing to play for less and was a straight up one pick or player for player trade. Even then, depending on who is drafted or whom they trade the production level would be measured for the next few years and he could be marred if the trade was worse for Denver.

MOtorboat
03-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Seeing Harvin get at least a first, makes me think Revis is going to demand a pretty high compensation...

LTC Pain
03-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Doom for Revis straight up! But I wouldn't do that trade because I don't want Revis' irritating, me attitude, hold out for a new contract all the time ass on the Broncos!

Lancane
03-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Vic Lombardi tweeted that, that is a no on Revis to Denver and same on Bush to Denver.

pipes
03-11-2013, 02:41 PM
Between Revis' desired salary and the loss of draft picks, I'd have to seriously question Elway if he pursued this trade. The only way I could see this justified would be if Revis' was willing to play for less and was a straight up one pick or player for player trade. Even then, depending on who is drafted or whom they trade the production level would be measured for the next few years and he could be marred if the trade was worse for Denver.

Especially with SO many talented veteran CBs available.

pipes
03-11-2013, 02:43 PM
Seeing Harvin get at least a first, makes me think Revis is going to demand a pretty high compensation...

There is a saturated CB market though.
Also, Revis is coming off a major ACL injury.
And while Harvin is coming off an ankle injury, he was sat down basically due to him being a turd.

CoachChaz
03-11-2013, 02:45 PM
Especially with SO many talented veteran CBs available.

None with Revis' skills, but...

DRC, Sean Smith, Aqib Talib, Chris Houston, Brent Grimes, Keenan Lewis...

Lancane
03-11-2013, 02:46 PM
Don't be surprised if Denver doesn't sign a free agent cornerback or safety and look to upgrade in the draft for both.

pipes
03-11-2013, 03:02 PM
None with Revis' skills, but...

DRC, Sean Smith, Aqib Talib, Chris Houston, Brent Grimes, Keenan Lewis...

Agreed, none that will cost Revis's contract demands or draft picks either.

DenBronx
03-11-2013, 04:00 PM
Don't be surprised if Denver doesn't sign a free agent cornerback or safety and look to upgrade in the draft for both.

I don't think it will be in the 1st or 2nd round though. ILB, DT or DE is going to be early this year.

Lancane
03-11-2013, 04:28 PM
I don't think it will be in the 1st or 2nd round though. ILB, DT or DE is going to be early this year.

Don't bet on it Bronx, Denver has looked at and interviewed more cornerbacks and receivers all with third round grades or higher then any other positions.

CoachChaz
03-11-2013, 04:38 PM

I truly believe they plan on giving Irving/Johnson a chance in the middle and I think any DE help will come via FA. So, I'm thinking DT, CB and WR are the draft focus

Lancane
03-11-2013, 04:41 PM
I truly believe they plan on giving Irving/Johnson a chance in the middle and I think any DE help will come via FA. So, I'm thinking DT, CB and WR are the draft focus

Yeah, but until they meet with a defensive tackle with more then a mid round draft grade, I'll stick to what I currently believe and that is that Denver will go WR, CB or vice versa in round one and two.

CoachChaz
03-11-2013, 04:48 PM
Yeah, but until they meet with a defensive tackle with more then a mid round draft grade, I'll stick to what I currently believe and that is that Denver will go WR, CB or vice versa in round one and two.

I would concur

NightTerror218
03-11-2013, 04:51 PM

or Te'o :behindsofa:

Lancane
03-11-2013, 04:54 PM
or Te'o :behindsofa:

Te'o I believe is a consolation pick at best, I highly doubt Manti Te'o is their top option.

NightTerror218
03-11-2013, 05:24 PM
Te'o I believe is a consolation pick at best, I highly doubt Manti Te'o is their top option.

I think Trufant is the guy.

Lancane
03-11-2013, 06:31 PM
I think Trufant is the guy.

As do I, I believe their draftboard will be: Trufant, Hopkins, Allen and then Te'o.

NightTerror218
03-11-2013, 06:54 PM
As do I, I believe their draftboard will be: Trufant, Hopkins, Allen and then Te'o.

I think Te'o will be taken only as BPA. If another player drops like Star, they could take him.

Lancane
03-11-2013, 06:58 PM
I think Te'o will be taken only as BPA. If another player drops like Star, they could take him.

Possibly, then again if those four are gone they may trade out of the first once more.

pipes
03-12-2013, 03:55 PM
@DConnollyNFL: BREAKING: CB Revis has been traded from #Jets to #Jaguars for 3 high 2013 draft picks pending physical #NFL #trade #freeagency

MOtorboat
03-12-2013, 04:05 PM
lmao

pipes
03-12-2013, 04:09 PM
@DConnollyNFL: Just spoke with Darrelle Revis he is NOT happy and does NOT want to play for #Jaguars but will play out contact #NFL #freeagency #Jets

slim
03-12-2013, 04:15 PM
LOL at Revis.

NightTerror218
03-12-2013, 04:16 PM
haha poor Revis, sucks for your career.

Lancane
03-12-2013, 04:17 PM
So he might get to be teammates with Tebow once more! :lol:

pipes
03-12-2013, 04:22 PM
I haven't heard that from anybody but that guy, so I'm not sure about the validity of the report.

Lancane
03-12-2013, 04:28 PM
I haven't heard that from anybody but that guy, so I'm not sure about the validity of the report.

I hope it is...for so many different reasons! :lol: