PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday roll call: 7 players missing

Denver Native (Carol)
08-25-2009, 02:51 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2009/08/25/tuesday-roll-call-7-players-missing/

The Broncos are about 30 minutes into their first practice in preparation for the third preseason game, otherwise known as Cutler Bowl.

The team ended training camp late last week, before leaving for Seattle, and are treating practices now like they will in the regular season. That means all but the first half an hour or so are closed to the media.

But in that 30 minutes we were able to take roll. Brandon Marshall is there, as is receiver Brandon Llloyd, who returned after more than a week out. Safety Brian Dawkins is back in his normal blue jersey (replacing the orange non-contact jersey he wore last week).

The absent players are: QB Chris Simms (ankle), kicker Matt Prater (who also missed at least one practice last week but played against Seattle), RB Knowshon Moreno (knee), RB LaMont Jordan (played against Seattle, unknown if he’s hurt or just resting), CB Tony Carter (ankle) DL Marcus Thomas (shoulder) and OL Stanley Bryant. Bryant is the likely roster casualty from this morning’s trade to acquire OL Russ Hochstein from the Patriots. Bryant did not play well against the Seahawks.

OrangeHoof
08-25-2009, 03:07 PM
Houston has the nickname "Denver South" with all the Broncos that moved down there with Kubiak. Now, it seems Denver is turning into "Foxboro West".

Denver Native (Carol)
08-25-2009, 03:18 PM
And a few years ago, it was Browncos in reference to the Broncos :D

Lonestar
08-25-2009, 04:16 PM
glad to see bryant is gone he was beat like a rented mule in SEA..

Requiem / The Dagda
08-25-2009, 04:20 PM
Also good to see Ayers and Smith not being hindered with injuries. Yeye!

G_Money
08-25-2009, 04:22 PM
I know we're incorporating a lot of Josh's OL ideas into our ZBS craziness, but I don't blame Bryant for tanking, and I don't expect much from Hochstein in that regard in the near future, especially as he missed all of training camp.

Our scheme is a PITA to pick up. Some guys just can't do it fast enough.

Or ever (*cough* Foster *cough*).

~G

Lonestar
08-25-2009, 04:27 PM
I know we're incorporating a lot of Josh's OL ideas into our ZBS craziness, but I don't blame Bryant for tanking, and I don't expect much from Hochstein in that regard in the near future, especially as he missed all of training camp.

Our scheme is a PITA to pick up. Some guys just can't do it fast enough.

Or ever (*cough* Foster *cough*).

~G

see where foster got cut by the browns that is weak..