PDA

View Full Version : Broncos put "right of first refusal" tender on Britton Colquitt

Denver Native (Carol)
03-08-2013, 08:49 PM
In a slight gamble, the Broncos tendered restricted free-agent punter Britton Colquitt with a "right of first refusal" distinction that would pay him a $1.323 million salary for the 2013 season.

The tender pays a lower salary than the $2.023 million that comes with a "second round" distinction, but it also opens up the possibility of opposing teams making a bid on Colquitt.

A team that would sign Colquitt with a second-round tender would have to compensate the Broncos with a second-round draft pick. The right-of-first-refusal tender means other teams can submit a contract offer to Colquitt without worry of surrendering a draft pick.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22749944/broncos-put-right-first-refusal-tender-britton-colquitt

OrangeHoof
03-09-2013, 12:13 AM
I wouldn't worry at all. Nobody is going to part with a second-round pick for a punter. Secondly, teams would have to be convinced his stats are not inflated by kicking at altitude half the time.

Lancane
03-09-2013, 12:42 AM
I wouldn't worry at all. Nobody is going to part with a second-round pick for a punter. Secondly, teams would have to be convinced his stats are not inflated by kicking at altitude half the time.

No one's worried, it's kinda funny because another team could end up doing all the leg work for a contract between Colquitt and the team. I think what has most of us boggled is the fact they tendered Ball and same with Clark, those two have been about useless when it's all said and done.