PDA

View Full Version : AFC West free agency needs: Broncos could use Steven Jackson

Denver Native (Carol)
03-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Denver Broncos

Top priority in free agency: Defensive tackle.
Other areas of interest: Cornerback, offensive line, running back.
Potential fits: DT Kevin Vickerson, DT Terrance Knighton, DL Richard Seymour, DL Mike DeVito, CB Derek Cox, CB Tracy Porter, RB Steven Jackson, RB Shonn Greene, RB Michael Turner.

rest - http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story/0ap1000000148913/article/afc-west-free-agency-needs-broncos-could-use-steven-jackson

chazoe60
03-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Would anyone else feel dirty rooting for Seymour. I hate that guy so much, plus I think Clady might kill him in the locker room.

Slick
03-08-2013, 06:06 PM
I'd love Seymour for a year or two. I didn't feel dirty rooting for Neil Smith when John was hoisting the Lombardi.

rationalfan
03-08-2013, 06:09 PM
I'd love Seymour for a year or two. I didn't feel dirty rooting for Neil Smith when John was hoisting the Lombardi.

best response post i've seen on here in a while.

NightTerror218
03-08-2013, 06:14 PM

I think Seymour is done and over with. he barely played last season.

DenBronx
03-08-2013, 06:28 PM
If Seymore was a Bronco then I wouldnt hate him as much. Would rather us look at a guy like Chris Canty. There are a few other DTs on the market before I would look at Seymore.

I like Jackson but where would that leave McGahee? The Broncos already tendered Lance Ball, so they intend to use him next year and both Moreno and McGahee are under contract. Would love to see Jackson here but just not sure who we would move or how we will even have cap room once our other needs are addressed.

Don't think the Broncos are going to be big spenders right out the gate this year. This team is already close to winning it all, so we need to find out who fits us the best and what positions are a glaring need. MLB is the biggest concern overall to me, most likely we will draft a MLB very early. SS/FS are both questionable as well as DT, then WR and RB.

I would rate our needs like this.

MLB
DT
S
RB
WR
CB

I think we will be in the market for a free agent DT and sign a RB late in free agency, then look to the draft for everything else.

chazoe60
03-08-2013, 06:28 PM

Neil never came across as a scumbag piece of shit like Seymour has always been. Even when Neil was in KC he came across as a good dude. I can not stand Seymour.

DenBronx
03-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Neil never came across as a scumbag piece of shit like Seymour has always been. Even when Neil was in KC he came across as a good dude. I can not stand Seymour.

Seymours seen his best days already. At this point he is a bandaid with a 1-2 year rental agreement. I don't really like him either but if he gave us the same kind of effort he gave NE/OAK then I would be ok with that. He was dirty but so was Romonawski.

DenBronx
03-08-2013, 06:36 PM
I would love for us to trade DJ/picks to Carolina for Jon Beason. John Fox used Beason really well and now the Panthers have Luke Kuechly anyway.

Nomad
03-08-2013, 06:42 PM
I guess whatever team can bring the Lombardi to Denver.....piece it together John.

dogfish
03-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Would anyone else feel dirty rooting for Seymour. I hate that guy so much, plus I think Clady might kill him in the locker room.

he's garbage now-- that chump can go to hell before he comes to denver. . .

Slick
03-08-2013, 06:46 PM
I just want us to win. Whatever it takes, and I think if he was healthy he would play more motivated than playing for a lame duck team like Oakland has been recently. I doubt we would have ponied up the cash to pay a player like Melton if he wasn't already franchised.

We're not going to get a stud DT in his prime, in free agency.

Slick
03-08-2013, 06:49 PM
He's coming because you said that dog and you will wear his jersey when I send it to you.

DenBronx
03-08-2013, 06:51 PM
I just want us to win. Whatever it takes, and I think if he was healthy he would play more motivated than playing for a lame duck team like Oakland has been recently. I doubt we would have ponied up the cash to pay a player like Melton if he wasn't already franchised.

We're not going to get a stud DT in his prime, in free agency.

I won't hold my breath on us drafting one early either, been let down too many times here. We most likely will target some middle of the pack FA DTs.

But yeah whatever it takes to get the trophy, John knows best.

dogfish
03-09-2013, 04:24 AM
He's coming because you said that dog and you will wear his jersey when I send it to you.

the hell i will!

i ain't puttin' that rag on unless you deliver it in person, and whisper sweet nothings in my ear in spanish. . .

:drinking:

elsid13
03-09-2013, 07:59 AM
Pass on all the those FA DT listed. I would much prefer picking up Pat Simms (Cinncy) and Sammie Lee Hill (DET). Both are second tier FA, but they are very good run stuffers and are younger (26 &27). Resign Vickerson, and draft a development DT in 2nd/3rd and you have massive run stuffing way Del Rio wants.

ShaneFalco
03-09-2013, 05:03 PM
Loved watching him play in STL. But i dont think he has much left in the tank. Maybe im wrong tho. Would love to see him in Denver if he leaves STL tho.

I would still rather draft a younger Lacy.

atwater27
03-09-2013, 08:56 PM
The smart money is on Jackson going to Green Bay. That would be very beneficial to both parties.

milehigh
03-10-2013, 02:41 PM
he's garbage now-- that chump can go to hell before he comes to denver. . .

I don't see the difference between Oakland and hell if anyone knows please fill me in.

SR
03-10-2013, 02:54 PM
Loved watching him play in STL. But i dont think he has much left in the tank. Maybe im wrong tho. Would love to see him in Denver if he leaves STL tho.

I would still rather draft a younger Lacy.

Denver isn't going to spend their first round pick on an RB...

Simple Jaded
03-10-2013, 11:39 PM
Why spend a #1 on Steven Jackson when you can get Shonn Greene in the 7th?.......