PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos plan to tender three, including punter Britton Colquitt

Denver Native (Carol)
03-07-2013, 04:50 PM
First up in the Broncos' pursuit of free agents are Broncos.

The team has notified the agents of restricted free agents Britton Colquitt, Chris Clark and Lance Ball that they will be tendered contracts Tuesday.

Also, the team informed fullback Chris Gronkowski that he would not be tendered, which will make him an un- restricted free agent.

rest, plus comments on the Broncos' 9 unrestricted free agents
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22734325/denver-broncos-plan-tender-three-including-punter-britton

Dapper Dan
03-07-2013, 05:07 PM
I'm surprised they choose to keep Ball over Brooking or Leonard or Banaan.

NightTerror218
03-07-2013, 05:15 PM
I'm surprised they choose to keep Ball over Brooking or Leonard or Banaan.

those can be tendered as restricted free agents, the others are unrestricted free agents.....wait till FA opens.

Nomad
03-07-2013, 07:12 PM
ok NFL gurus, educate me on what tender means (without having to look it up on google)?

NightTerror218
03-07-2013, 07:14 PM
ok NFL gurus, educate me on what tender means (without having to look it up on google)?

tender means that if another teams takes an offer and broncos do not match then they give up the round tender placed on them. So if a 2nd round tender is used and we do not match an offer, we receive a 2nd rounder as compensation.

There is 1st round, 2nd round, original round and right of first refusal tenders. I think that is all. I think they all come with different pays and only on restricted free agents.

MOtorboat
03-07-2013, 07:16 PM

The Broncos place a draft pick figure on a player, i.e., a second round tender, and any team can offer that player a contract. However, the Broncos can a.) match that offer or b.) let him go and receive that team's second round pick.

I believe through the tender system, the Broncos almost signed Tim Brown and did sign Anthony Miller...

broncohead
03-07-2013, 07:22 PM
Why keep ball?

DenBronx
03-07-2013, 07:22 PM
We wont be getting 2nd rounders for any of those players. Please give us a 2nd rounder for Lance Balls....pllllllease do it! Don't know why this guy is filling up space on the roster.

NightTerror218
03-07-2013, 07:26 PM
We wont be getting 2nd rounders for any of those players. Please give us a 2nd rounder for Lance Balls....pllllllease do it! Don't know why this guy is filling up space on the roster.

He will prob get original round tender. Or right to first refusal.....chance to match offer.

LTC Pain
03-08-2013, 04:19 PM
I'd rather see JJ promoted from the PS vice re-signing Ball.

CoachChaz
03-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Ball is a waste. Shit like this makes me wonder how serious we are about upgrading the running game

Simple Jaded
03-10-2013, 11:50 PM
Lance Ball is the new Nate Jackson, hopefully STers like Quintin Carter can finally push him off the roster.......