PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Broncos--Revis

Slick
03-06-2013, 08:48 AM
My sources tell me the Broncos are offering a pass rusher plus a high draft pick for Revis.

MasterShake
03-06-2013, 08:49 AM
My sources tell me the Broncos are offering a pass rusher plus a high draft pick for Revis.

Drinking too much tequila and talking to a donkey behind a bar is not a "source".

chazoe60
03-06-2013, 08:51 AM
Von Miller, Peyton Manning, and a first round pick for Revis and Sanchez.

Championship!!!!!!

Dapper Dan
03-06-2013, 08:56 AM

After watching the last game, I don't believe we have a pass rusher.

I guess the rights to Tyrann Mathieu would be considered a "high" pick.

Northman
03-06-2013, 09:01 AM
The only real pass rusher we have its Doom or Von.

MOtorboat
03-06-2013, 09:07 AM
Someone peddle this on twitter and see if we can get this thing moving.

5 points for a Broncos blogger to pick it up.
10 points for a Bleacher Report writer to write about it.
50 points for getting it trending on twitter.
250 points for a national personality to pick it up.

Go!

Zweems56
03-06-2013, 09:30 AM

Go!

I don't have enough followers. Someone pass it on to Incarcerated Bob.

CoachChaz
03-06-2013, 09:33 AM

Go!

Too late. They already discussed it on NFL Radio yesterday when a Jets fan called in and suggested the idea. Rich Gannon told the fan he was foolish.

Dapper Dan
03-06-2013, 10:11 AM
The Falcons are now interested in Revis.

CoachChaz
03-06-2013, 10:12 AM
With Grimes and Samuel, why spend what little money you just freed up to do this? Their forst priority should be re-signing Moore.

Hate to say it, but the best fit for Revis would be SF. But it would kill me to see them get better

pipes
03-06-2013, 10:54 AM
Wasn't the RUMOR Dumervil + 1st round pick for Revis?
Along with some lower round picks on both sides.

CoachChaz
03-06-2013, 11:01 AM
Wasn't the RUMOR Dumervil + 1st round pick for Revis?
Along with some lower round picks on both sides.

I dont recall a name being said, but I think that was what was insinuated. I briefly considered it for a moment strictly from the perspective of Doom's contract, but then I realized we'd end up spending more on Revis and I dismissed it

underrated29
03-06-2013, 11:04 AM
The falcons already released grimes. All they have is Ashanti Samuel.

BeefStew25
03-06-2013, 11:07 AM
What about Rashean Mathis? Jags cut ties with him, and he is coming off an ACL, but he would be cheap.

CoachChaz
03-06-2013, 11:12 AM
What about Rashean Mathis? Jags cut ties with him, and he is coming off an ACL, but he would be cheap.

He;ll be 33 when the season starts and has missed significant time over the past 2 seasons. Not sure he can be counted on to be a regular

BeefStew25
03-06-2013, 11:13 AM
He;ll be 33 when the season starts and has missed significant time over the past 2 seasons. Not sure he can be counted on to be a regular

Shit I didn't realize he was that old. You think Harris can play opposite Champ?

CoachChaz
03-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Shit I didn't realize he was that old. You think Harris can play opposite Champ?

I think Harris is best as a nickel. I'd like another corner to compliment and eventually replace Champ.

BeefStew25
03-06-2013, 11:18 AM
We are probably going to cut bait on Porter, right?

CoachChaz
03-06-2013, 11:19 AM
We are probably going to cut bait on Porter, right?

It was a one year deal and he never played. I think he's done in Denver. However, if he is cleared by doctors and we cant seem to sign/draft a worthy DB, then I think they'd probably stay in contact with him for another 1 year deal.

Dapper Dan
03-06-2013, 11:55 AM
"@mortreport: Not so fast on 49ers' and #Jets CB Darrelle Revis. High-ranking team source says 49ers' interest is ".001 on a scale of 1-10.""

CoachChaz
03-06-2013, 12:10 PM
"@mortreport: Not so fast on 49ers' and #Jets CB Darrelle Revis. High-ranking team source says 49ers' interest is ".001 on a scale of 1-10.""

Just read that. But that still doesnt eliminate them as the best landing spot for him. Jets may just be stuck unless Tampa plays along. The problem is the teams that can afford to pay him, cant afford to give up their #1 pick and the teams that can afford to give up their #1 pick, cant afford to pay him.

Magnificent Seven
03-06-2013, 05:38 PM
Trade Dumervil for Revis! :D

Magnificent Seven
03-06-2013, 05:39 PM

Jason Hunter can take over. He is a beast and he looks hungry.

Lancane
03-06-2013, 05:43 PM
Jason Hunter can takes over. He is a beast and he looks hungry.

Jason Hunter lost the starting end spot to Wolfe after beating out Ayers, not to mention he's an UFA. And I wouldn't trade Dumvervil for Revis, I wouldn't trade any Bronco player for a damn Jet!

BroncoWave
03-06-2013, 05:44 PM
Jason Hunter lost the starting end spot to Wolfe after beating out Ayers, not to mention he's an UFA. And I wouldn't trade Dumvervil for Revis, I wouldn't trade any Bronco player for a damn Jet!

You wouldn't trade Manny Ramirez for Revis?

DenBronx
03-06-2013, 05:46 PM
We dont need Revis or Butthead.

Lancane
03-06-2013, 05:55 PM
You wouldn't trade Manny Ramirez for Revis?

Is Manny Ramirez still under contract? If so, then I might trade him for Revis, as long as there was a non-***hole clause in his contract...:lol:

Army Bronco
03-06-2013, 06:22 PM
Can we trade Ty Warren for Revis?

Buff
03-06-2013, 06:28 PM
Champ Bailey is the freaking poster child for why you shouldn't try to build a defense around an elite CB.

That money should be allocated to the Front 7.

Mike
03-06-2013, 06:39 PM
Just read that. But that still doesnt eliminate them as the best landing spot for him. Jets may just be stuck unless Tampa plays along. The problem is the teams that can afford to pay him, cant afford to give up their #1 pick and the teams that can afford to give up their #1 pick, cant afford to pay him.

I think it was Shefter(?) who said he doesn't think Revis goes for more than a 2 or 3. SF is probably playing coy right now.

underrated29
03-06-2013, 09:05 PM

Yes he did but I was not because wolf beat him out it was because hunter got hurt and went on ir. he was our starting de throughout tc, preseason and first couple games til he went down. For those that do not remember.

Lancane
03-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Yes he did but I was not because wolf beat him out it was because hunter got hurt and went on ir. he was our starting de throughout tc, preseason and first couple games til he went down. For those that do not remember.

That's right, my bad...still, Hunter is a UFA and not a priority for Denver according to the Post, and he is not near as productive as Dumvervil he's comparable to Ayers truth be told.

WARHORSE
03-06-2013, 09:46 PM
If its Doom and a first......no.

If its Doom and some other picks......ok.

I would rather pay Revis the huge amount of money rather than Dumerville. Its not that Doom isnt a good player, he is. He just isnt as good as his contract.

We already will have dead money, but it makes it more palatable to me for the Jets. They cant afford to let him play out this season.

If Denver can pull off a trade of Doom and perhaps a second this year and a conditional third next, then I would go for it in a heartbeat. Elvis is due 16 mill, 4 of which is guaranteed. We pay that regardless. But if we take the other 12 and use it to sign Revis to a long term deal, then we have put ourselves in much better shape.

I personally dont believe Dumervilles body is going to hold up much longer. He just uses too much leverage all the time against bigger guys.

He will last longer in the 3-4 imo, and be more productive on top of that.

Btw....Doom was 10th in sacks, tied for 2nd in forced fumbles with 6, and 15th in total tackles. This is for all defensive linemen in the league.

Those are awesome stats. Seems to lose its glimmer a little though when you have a guy on your team with 18.5 sacks, 68 tackles, 6 FF, and a pick 6.

Freeney never had as good a year as Doom did this year btw, depending on what you value most.

Doom is wasted on many plays because of the way we have him contain. He will play well in the 3-4 and will pressure the QB more from a two point.

Revis will help us become crazy.

Buff
03-07-2013, 10:28 AM
If its Doom and a first......no.

If its Doom and some other picks......ok.

I would rather pay Revis the huge amount of money rather than Dumerville. Its not that Doom isnt a good player, he is. He just isnt as good as his contract.

We already will have dead money, but it makes it more palatable to me for the Jets. They cant afford to let him play out this season.

If Denver can pull off a trade of Doom and perhaps a second this year and a conditional third next, then I would go for it in a heartbeat. Elvis is due 16 mill, 4 of which is guaranteed. We pay that regardless. But if we take the other 12 and use it to sign Revis to a long term deal, then we have put ourselves in much better shape.

I personally dont believe Dumervilles body is going to hold up much longer. He just uses too much leverage all the time against bigger guys.

He will last longer in the 3-4 imo, and be more productive on top of that.

Btw....Doom was 10th in sacks, tied for 2nd in forced fumbles with 6, and 15th in total tackles. This is for all defensive linemen in the league.

Those are awesome stats. Seems to lose its glimmer a little though when you have a guy on your team with 18.5 sacks, 68 tackles, 6 FF, and a pick 6.

Freeney never had as good a year as Doom did this year btw, depending on what you value most.

Doom is wasted on many plays because of the way we have him contain. He will play well in the 3-4 and will pressure the QB more from a two point.

Revis will help us become crazy.

We have all seen how little an elite CB actually impacts the defense. It's all about the front 7. If we start to erode our front 7 to build our secondary then we are moving in the wrong direction IMO.

I have no interest in Revis and the type of $$ he is going to command. That would be poor allocation of salary cap $$.

CoachChaz
03-07-2013, 10:54 AM
We have all seen how little an elite CB actually impacts the defense. It's all about the front 7. If we start to erode our front 7 to build our secondary then we are moving in the wrong direction IMO.

I have no interest in Revis and the type of $$ he is going to command. That would be poor allocation of salary cap $$.

I agree. But if cutting Doom can get us Osi and Jenkins...then I have to reconsider

Lancane
03-07-2013, 11:56 AM
I agree. But if cutting Doom can get us Osi and Jenkins...then I have to reconsider

That's a big if Coach, according to the Post, Denver would sign Freeney to replace Dumervil, that's a downgrade IMHO.

Lancane
03-07-2013, 11:58 AM

Preach Buff, preach! You are absolutely correct.

CoachChaz
03-07-2013, 12:07 PM
That's a big if Coach, according to the Post, Denver would sign Freeney to replace Dumervil, that's a downgrade IMHO.

I agree whole-heartedly. While I think Freeney has more left in him than what we saw this year, I still wouldnt pass on Doom for him

Lancane
03-07-2013, 12:24 PM
I agree whole-heartedly. While I think Freeney has more left in him than what we saw this year, I still wouldnt pass on Doom for him

That's what I fear though, that Elway will let Dumervil go and then band-aid the situation with Freeney. However, I would feel better about the situation if the Broncos drafted John Smith from Ohio State to eventually replace either Freeney or Dumervil, he is IMHO the best damn pass rusher in the draft. If Denver does part with Dumervil, they need to make it count and in all honesty it would take some compelling signings to make it as such.

Dapper Dan
03-07-2013, 12:45 PM
I do worry about Freeney, because of his age, and the type of player that he is, he relies on quickness. That goes away with age.

But I wonder how much Dumervil has left in the tank. He's only 4 years younger than Freeney.

I looked at Freeney's stats. During the age of 29-31, Freeney had 10.5, 13.5, and 10 sacks.

So, if Doom can post 34 sacks while we pursue Super Bowls over the next 3 years, that could come in handy. Throw in 10 FF that Freeney had in those 3 years.

CoachChaz
03-07-2013, 12:52 PM
Regardless of what happens there, I'd also like to see us sign another DE and move Wolfe inside where he belongs. If they arent happy with Ayers on a regular basis, then just move on. Michael Bennett is a guy that interests me. UDFA to a 9 sack guy. Put him on the left side with his fellow Aggie and it could be really nice

Ziggy
03-07-2013, 02:39 PM
Regardless of what happens there, I'd also like to see us sign another DE and move Wolfe inside where he belongs. If they arent happy with Ayers on a regular basis, then just move on. Michael Bennett is a guy that interests me. UDFA to a 9 sack guy. Put him on the left side with his fellow Aggie and it could be really nice

Coach I know you don't like Malik Jackson much, but I think that he and Ayers could easily replace Wolfe's production on the outside. Move the Wolfe man to the middle full time and we can focus on NT in the draft.

chazoe60
03-07-2013, 02:42 PM
I would rather sign Aso for a lot less money if he gets cut by the Eagles.

Lancane
03-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Coach I know you don't like Malik Jackson much, but I think that he and Ayers could easily replace Wolfe's production on the outside. Move the Wolfe man to the middle full time and we can focus on NT in the draft.

Denver currently has only Dumervil, Ayers and Jackson under contract, I'm not sure what is going on with Jeremy Beal, but he's been a pretty big dissapointment and not sure where he stands regarding his contract either. Hunter is an UFA and the team is willing to let him test the waters. If the Broncos release or trade Dumervil, that would leave Ayers, Jackson and possibly Beal as the defensive ends of the Broncos, unless they feel Wolfe should remain outside instead of inside. That is a pretty sorry *** defensive line, especially when you consider that at this time Denver has only one defensive tackle under contract in Mitch Unrien. The very thought of the defensive line without Dumervil makes me nauseus, especially in the state it's in. As for a nose tackle, thus far Denver has not met with 'one' defensive tackle that fits that profile, if you read the list of names of the defensive lineman they've met with, most are considered hybrids of a sort. In truth, Denver is closer to having the personnel for a 3-4 at this time then a 4-3.

underrated29
03-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Doom isn't going to go anywhere guys. And I highly doubt we would replace doom with him. Freeney is pretty much done.

Lancane
03-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Doom isn't going to go anywhere guys. And I highly doubt we would replace doom with him. Freeney is pretty much done.

We can only hope that your right, because Denver's defensive front would look more like defensive lines we had for a long time under Shanahan, unimpressive and lackluster. I'm all for improving, but Freeney is not an improvement.

Dapper Dan
03-07-2013, 03:42 PM
In John I trust.

Lancane
03-07-2013, 03:47 PM
In John I trust.

I respect John, but he's not perfect...far from it and he's due to make a mistake being that he's still relatively young in this new career. I have to laugh at the "In John We Trust" sentiments, half the board was up in arms when they signed Manning and same when they traded out of the first round and then took Derek Wolfe with their first pick in the draft last year, even worse when they took Osweiler with the following pick. It should be "In John We Trust - Till He Does Not Do As We Wish".

:lol:

Dapper Dan
03-07-2013, 03:56 PM
I respect John, but he's not perfect...far from it and he's due to make a mistake being that he's still relatively young in this new career. I have to laugh at the "In John We Trust" sentiments, half the board was up in arms when they signed Manning and same when they traded out of the first round and then took Derek Wolfe with their first pick in the draft last year, even worse when they took Osweiler with the following pick. It should be "In John We Trust - Till He Does Not Do As We Wish".

:lol:

I haven't disagreed with anything he's done, so far. Even if it seems like a bad idea, I'll stick with him. I liked getting Manning, because I'm a Tennessee fan. I've always Liked Peyton. I also stuck with the Wolfe pick. I wanted to wait on getting a QB and get Tyler Bray, but that was just the homer in me talking. Osweiler will probably be a better QB than Bray. He has the better attitude, IMO. Whenever you see half of the board up in arms about something Elway is doing, you will probably see me agreeing with him.

DenBronx
03-07-2013, 04:09 PM
I would rather sign Aso for a lot less money if he gets cut by the Eagles.

I would rather stick with Champ and Harris and just get better help at safety. Nnamdi would be no better than Champ or Harris. The cost of getting Revis isnt worth it.

HammeredOut
03-08-2013, 11:05 AM

This is what I have been saying for a while. Im glad somebody picked it up... Then we can pick up Freeney or Abraham for a season.

Anybody see Northman?? I owe him a debt..

underrated29
03-08-2013, 11:36 AM
This is what I have been saying for a while. Im glad somebody picked it up... Then we can pick up Freeney or Abraham for a season.

Anybody see Northman?? I owe him a debt..

That's why it won't happen because this is a stupid idea.

CoachChaz
03-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Why are we so in love with Harris? Dude is a good nickel back, mediocre starter. Hopefully, we address that issue in the off-season because if old man Champ goes down...we're screwed

Buff
03-08-2013, 11:45 AM
Why are we so in love with Harris? Dude is a good nickel back, mediocre starter. Hopefully, we address that issue in the off-season because if old man Champ goes down...we're screwed

Mediocre? Based on what? He's coming off a pro bowl caliber season in his second year as a UFA. I can't think of another player who we ought to be more excited about.

Rex
03-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Mediocre? Based on what? He's coming off a pro bowl caliber season in his second year as a UFA. I can't think of another player who we ought to be more excited about.

Well, Rahim Moore is "most improved" Buff.

Buff
03-08-2013, 12:09 PM
Well, Rahim Moore is "most improved" Buff.

BTB is going to buy his jersey as a gesture of solidarity.

CoachChaz
03-08-2013, 12:41 PM

Pro-Bowl? I'd love to hear how you came up with that. I'll say he is one of the better CB's when playing the run, but he is horrible in man coverage. I just dont see anytihng he did in the passing game that makes him more than a competent corner. He's certainly nowhere near a top 10 or 20 corner and he's the best we have right now if the olod man goes down. Scary.

shank
03-08-2013, 01:11 PM
cause every team's #2 is top 20

BroncoWave
03-08-2013, 01:13 PM
BTB is going to buy his jersey as a gesture of solidarity.

I'm actually going to name my first born after him, even it it's a girl.

CoachChaz
03-08-2013, 01:34 PM
cause every team's #2 is top 20

I worded that poorly. My point was ultimately that we have a top 5 in Champ...and he's getting old. If he goes down, then our backfield is suddenly average at best. It would be wise of us to have someone in place to compliment him better and slide Harris to the slot where his skills would be more beneficial. Either that or put him at safety

Lancane
03-08-2013, 01:40 PM
I worded that poorly. My point was ultimately that we have a top 5 in Champ...and he's getting old. If he goes down, then our backfield is suddenly average at best. It would be wise of us to have someone in place to compliment him better and slide Harris to the slot where his skills would be more beneficial. Either that or put him at safety

I believe Denver will take Trufant in the draft or another top corner in the first unless one is not on the board in which case they'll look at taking Allen or Hopkins.

Skinny
03-08-2013, 01:56 PM
Carolina released Gamble earlier. I wonder if Foxy will have any interest in his former #1 pick.

CoachChaz
03-08-2013, 02:01 PM
I believe Denver will take Trufant in the draft or another top corner in the first unless one is not on the board in which case they'll look at taking Allen or Hopkins.

Trufant is #1 on my wish list...but I see him going earlier

Lancane
03-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Trufant is #1 on my wish list...but I see him going earlier

He might, and Denver could end up taking a secondary option if he's off the boards. But that is who I feel is their top target at this time. Of course with Gamble being released, that could change if they feel he is a viable option.

WARHORSE
03-08-2013, 02:25 PM

Sure. What we havent seen is a front seven that can pressure the QB and two top tier CBs waiting on the wings for hurried passes to come floating by.

Im not saying Freeney is the answer. But I am saying a John Abraham can come in and play on passing downs and being matched up with say, Miller outside, Wolfe at DT, Ayers at DT or Unrein.......I think theres pleeeeenty of heat that can pop out of that toaster. And thats rushing four.

I would LOVE to see the wide eyes produced in opposing QBs who are dropping back under that situation with Champ and Revis drooling on the sides.

But thats just me.:beer:

But Im also fine with keeping Doom if thats what the Duke wants.
But I watch Doom play in this scheme, bending under bullrushes game in and game out, and I feel like once he breaks.......its over.
I hope for him to prove me WAY wrong.

CrazyHorse
03-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Why don't we just re-sign Tracy Porter and draft a corner?

CoachChaz
03-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Why don't we just re-sign Tracy Porter and draft a corner?

Depends on what the doctors say about Porter. If one more concussion puts him out, then the risk isnt worth it

chazoe60
03-08-2013, 05:01 PM
I would rather stick with Champ and Harris and just get better help at safety. Nnamdi would be no better than Champ or Harris. The cost of getting Revis isnt worth it.
I didn't say get Aso and get rid of Champ or Harris. If we had Champ, Aso, and Harris we'd be sitting pretty well even for the future with Harris and Carter still being young.

In today's NFL the Nickel plays damn near as much as the starters so having Aso wouldn't mean Champ or Harris wouldn't play much. Aso IMHO could be had for fairly cheap. I hope we don't draft a CB with our first pick. I just don't know that we'd draft one that's any better than Harris or Carter and those two are both young, so it would be a waste IMO.

DenBronx
03-08-2013, 05:06 PM

bwuuaahahahahahahahaaaa

you can't be serious.

this isnt Aprils fools yet is it?

am I on punked right now???

come on....there's got to be a camera somewhere.

silkamilkamonico
03-08-2013, 05:09 PM
Ifr Denver drafted a CB in the first round, I would point to their font 7 and ask, wtf are you thinking?

CoachChaz
03-08-2013, 05:13 PM
bwuuaahahahahahahahaaaa

you can't be serious.

this isnt Aprils fools yet is it?

am I on punked right now???

come on....there's got to be a camera somewhere.

Apparently his actual game play isnt indicative of how incredibly amazing he is. My mistake

DenBronx
03-08-2013, 05:16 PM
I didn't say get Aso and get rid of Champ or Harris. If we had Champ, Aso, and Harris we'd be sitting pretty well even for the future with Harris and Carter still being young.

In today's NFL the Nickel plays damn near as much as the starters so having Aso wouldn't mean Champ or Harris wouldn't play much. Aso IMHO could be had for fairly cheap. I hope we don't draft a CB with our first pick. I just don't know that we'd draft one that's any better than Harris or Carter and those two are both young, so it would be a waste IMO.

Drafting a CB in the first 2 rounds doesnt make sense.

Harris has already solidified his spot on the other side of Champ and he won't be moved. Aso would be ok, as long as he's ready to play the nickle himself. I would even wait and see how Porter is doing and see if he would be ready to play nickle.

If we need help in the secondary then we should take a look at Ed Reed. Brian Dawkins played 16 years or so. Ed Reed I think still has 3-4 good years left and he is a game changer. We went out and got Lynch, then Dawkins and now we have a chance to get another pro bowl safety.

Reed, Canty, Osi or maybe even Maualuga are interesting free agents to me right now. Maybe even Brian Urlacher if he decides to keep playing. I think Urlacher would do a better job then Brooking did on our defense. I think we will wait till the dust settles a bit and get a couple of the guys at a bargain.

chazoe60
03-08-2013, 05:18 PM
I do think Harris is better suited to Nickel. He seems to excel at covering slot types (except that little ****** Welker) and playing him at nickel keeps him closer to the box most of the time which better uses his excellent tackling skills. Even Coach has to admit that Harris is a damn good tackler.

DenBronx
03-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Apparently his actual game play isnt indicative of how incredibly amazing he is. My mistake

What are you even saying right now?

Harris was incredible last year. His name was thrown into the mix to go to the probowl last year. Champ goes to the probowl but Harris out played Champ. Besides Harris is developing into something special and is still young.

And by the way Harris isnt the one who disapeared in the playoff game against the Ravens.

CoachChaz
03-08-2013, 05:21 PM
I do think Harris is better suited to Nickel. He seems to excel at covering slot types (except that little ****** Welker) and playing him at nickel keeps him closer to the box most of the time which better uses his excellent tackling skills. Even Coach has to admit that Harris is a damn good tackler.

Coach already stated that Harris was one of the better tackling corner's in the league and should be used in the nickel for the exact reasons you just stated. No matter how you slice it, he is not #1 CB material and that is what he is one Bailey groin or hamstring injury away from being.

DenBronx
03-08-2013, 05:24 PM

chazoe, he's outplayed that position already and he's proven he can cover #1 and #2 WRs. That is much more valuable to the team. There's only 1 Wes Welker and we're not going to put Harris back at nickle just to worry about Welker, who might not even be with the Pats anyway next year.

Harris will stay on the outside. He's too good to have to go back to nickle. Sign Aso and let him play nickle, trade for Revis and put Champ at nickle for all I care but Harris stays where he is at.

DenBronx
03-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Coach already stated that Harris was one of the better tackling corner's in the league and should be used in the nickel for the exact reasons you just stated. No matter how you slice it, he is not #1 CB material and that is what he is one Bailey groin or hamstring injury away from being.

Harris isnt #1 CB material?

The guy was a blanket. He made his WRs disapear last year. In fact QBs started testing Champ more than Harris as the year went on.

CoachChaz
03-08-2013, 05:30 PM
What are you even saying right now?

Harris was incredible last year. His name was thrown into the mix to go to the probowl last year. Champ goes to the probowl but Harris out played Champ. Besides Harris is developing into something special and is still young.

And by the way Harris isnt the one who disapeared in the playoff game against the Ravens.

I think you're missing my point. He is a solid corner and good compliment to Champ. But I would be scared to death if he was the #1 corner on this team and we are one injury to an aging Bailey away from that. So...I would personally prefer to see another CB in town that has a higher ceiling that can eventually replace Champ. Harris can play the nickel and still be a positive contributor to the team on a regualr basis. In fact, I think he'd shine more there.

And I never mentioned the playoff game because it was irrelevant to the conversation, but Boldin lead the team with 6 receptions that game.

CoachChaz
03-08-2013, 05:34 PM
Harris isnt #1 CB material?

The guy was a blanket. He made his WRs disapear last year. In fact QBs started testing Champ more than Harris as the year went on.

Agree to disagree, I guess.

DenBronx
03-08-2013, 05:39 PM
I think you're missing my point. He is a solid corner and good compliment to Champ. But I would be scared to death if he was the #1 corner on this team and we are one injury to an aging Bailey away from that. So...I would personally prefer to see another CB in town that has a higher ceiling that can eventually replace Champ. Harris can play the nickel and still be a positive contributor to the team on a regualr basis. In fact, I think he'd shine more there.

And I never mentioned the playoff game because it was irrelevant to the conversation, but Boldin lead the team with 6 receptions that game.

I see what you are saying about Champ being one injury away from us having a problem. Although I do think Harris played better down the stretch I still don't take anything away from Champ. I think our CBs would be even better with better safeties behind them.

But if you are worried about one guy getting injured you don't move the other guy out of fear. It's important we are deep at this position, especially in a passing league. I would try and find a role for Porter is he is feeling well. Revis is going to take too much salary, unless we of course trade away DJ or Dume and sign a guy like Osi, Freeney or Abraham. Sucks because Dume has only played 6 years and still rather young. The younger we stay on defense the better but if we want to win now then I guess that changes things.

I don't like us moving Harris at all though, just doesn't make sense at all to me.

DenBronx
03-08-2013, 05:44 PM
One thing to note, Nnamdi has really got exposed in Philly. Teams didn't throw at him in Oakland and I'm not sure why not. But they did in Philly and he has gave up monster plays the past two years. He scares me a bit.

If Porter is healthy, then I would resign him because he is a better CB.