PDA

View Full Version : How Would You Feel About Teo at 28?

WARHORSE
03-05-2013, 07:05 PM
All the hoopla aside. Manti put together an unbelievable season. We have strong enough lockeroom character to put his hoopla behind the drive for a superbowl quickly. No one wants to be talking about his misfortunes.

This kid grew up here in Hawaii and his character is top notch. You can believe those who view Manti as naive, cause that is what he is. The mormon community here is strong and this kid has been raised to be humble.

He will not pursue an immoral relationship. He is not gay. Most would say he trusts people to a fault, but thats because he was raised that way......to trust. He will not sue the kid who faked being a girl who was in love with him.

No doubt the cancelled meetings that were supposed to take place between him and the 'girl' were done because the mahu 'gay man' would be found out.

Yes, he did not play well against Alabama. You can find a game like that in anyones profile.

This kid has instincts that allow him to play very fast.

Worst move Ive seen him make is not owning up to his 40 time.

If you judge on college production and gametape alone, this guy is a top five pick.

If he falls to us, how would you feel if we took him?

Its not the position I want to draft..........but sometimes you have to take an impact player.

What about Star Lotulelei? At 28?

Poll coming.....

SR
03-05-2013, 07:15 PM
I'd feel ok about it

underrated29
03-05-2013, 07:15 PM
See, I have been trying to watch more and more film of this guy because I have a sneaking feeling that he is who we are going to take. I do not know nor do I care about the Alabama game or the girlfriend thing. I just want to see him make plays- from the games I have seen, I am honestly not that impressed. Which is bothering me because lots of people talk about him (now and before the girlfriend/combine thing) as a top 10 pick guy. So I am going to keep watching. and maybe something will make me change my mind.

A lot of what I see focuses on his 7 ints. Which for his position is good but, a lot of those are garbage and no NFL QB would make those types of throws. Some are legit playmaker plays. Most he is just there and they pass to him on ill advised balls.

I need to watch more, I want to see his recognition and tackling, and ability to fight through traffic and blocker and stop the play. From what I have seen so far, I think he would do as good a job at MLB as DJ williams did for us.

So for now, i just do not know. The idea intrigues me, especially after he runs faster at his pro day (like that should have any difference but I gurantee thats all you will hear from people is now we should draft teo teo teo.) But, i have not seen what I wanted to see out of a 1st rd MLB

zbeg
03-05-2013, 07:18 PM
I don't have enough information about Lotulelei since:

* I'm not a doctor
* People who are doctors haven't examined him thoroughly enough yet

So I'm giving an "incomplete" grade here. If he can play, then that's a great pick at 28. If it's a high risk, then it's not worth the reward IMO.

All the girlfriend nonsense aside, I'm still unsure about Te'o. I really don't know if he's good enough to be a first round pick. His combine was disappointing, and his performance against Alabama wasn't just "oh, he had a bad game" but rather "he looked like he didn't belong on the field against the big boys." That's a huge red flag.

Even in other games, he didn't pop out that much and I wouldn't have noticed him had it not been for the girlfriend story, which made me focus on him more because who doesn't root for the guy who just lost his girlfriend and grandmother?

Both are probably stay-aways at this point.

Ravage!!!
03-05-2013, 07:22 PM
I don't know anything about Star... but I know Teo was getting a lot of accolades throughout the year because of his play. I don't care about the championship game that people will use to knock him down. 40 yrd dashes don't mean squat for a MLB, but quickness does, and his quickness drills were high. He wasn't up for Heisman trophy, as a LB, because he can't play the position. I would be thrilled to get Teo at 28.

NightTerror218
03-05-2013, 07:26 PM
http://youtu.be/DJfkFuJDPd4

Teo highlights, he made some serious plays for some of the INTs he had.

http://youtu.be/h3FeQ5YuiHY

NightTerror218
03-05-2013, 07:32 PM
http://youtu.be/i980UwUexpw

so people can complain about him....

zbeg
03-05-2013, 07:39 PM
He wasn't up for Heisman trophy, as a LB, because he can't play the position.

No, he was up for the Heisman partially because of a great sympathy story that turned out to be false. I really don't think he gets a sniff at the Heisman if he just goes through the season without that story drawing so much attention to him.

Lancane
03-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Sorry, I'm voting no to both. If Denver takes Te'o at 28 then so be it, but I believe he is more then naive and in this era where off the field offenses are grave, even dentrimental to the game...then you need a kid who is honest and despite what War believes, I don't buy into his story nor believe he's been as forthcoming as some let us believe. You'd have to be a complete moron and lack common sense on an almost primal level to believe the story as it stands. I don't care if he's gay or inept, but honest? Is he a good football player? Damn right he is, and if he came clean and was forthcoming I'd probably change my tune...as of now? No. As for Lotulelei, his heart condition can be managed but if you add in elevation and the differation between stadiums, Colorado might not be the best place for him to play on a constant basis.

Nomad
03-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Teo.....Tebow....it is all starting to sound about the same.....a circus.

slim
03-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Can he play safety?

NightTerror218
03-05-2013, 07:50 PM
Teo.....Tebow....it is all starting to sound about the same.....a circus.

both are incredibly religious too

at least Te'o wont get DUIs and arrested.

Nomad
03-05-2013, 07:53 PM

Don't get me wrong, I liked Tebow but it seems Teo will bring the same baggage with him as far as a media circus. If he was a guaranteed Ray Lewis....I could deal with it minus the killings:lol:

zbeg
03-05-2013, 07:58 PM

Not necessarily. Eugene Robinson was also very religious, for example.

Dapper Dan
03-05-2013, 08:04 PM
I think it will be irritating that if we get him, every Broncos story will be about Teo and the hoax. The media sucks. They will mention it during every single game. I think as a player, he would be worth the 28th pick in a heartbeat. You want a leader at MLB and he is one.

NightTerror218
03-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Not necessarily. Eugene Robinson was also very religious, for example.

ya but anything you say is null and void based on presumed disposition about Te'o. I have seen your posts and they are not even rational. Not a single point is even debatable. Pathological liar, WTF, do you debate that?

NightTerror218
03-05-2013, 08:08 PM
I think it will be irritating that if we get him, every Broncos story will be about Teo and the hoax. The media sucks. They will mention it during every single game. I think as a player, he would be worth the 28th pick in a heartbeat. You want a leader at MLB and he is one.

His Pro Day will determine where he gets drafted. If he is runs horrible it will just show he is not as athletic or has let self go over the hoax.

Media will let it go at some point. How often do you hear about the 30 Detroit Lions who got arrested last off season?

zbeg
03-05-2013, 08:27 PM
ya but anything you say is null and void based on presumed disposition about Te'o. I have seen your posts and they are not even rational. Not a single point is even debatable. Pathological liar, WTF, do you debate that?

I don't debate that I said that, no. I'll concede that the reason for the repeated lying may not be pathological in nature. That was incorrect of me to assume that. I don't know his motives for lying. I've been around some pathological liars and Te'o's behavior reminded me of that, but that doesn't necessarily mean that this is the root of his lying. I don't think that's irrational as much as diagnosing the cause of behavior when I don't necessarily have enough information to understand exactly why he's lying so much.

re: irrationality, "Eugene Robinson was religious" is voided because I believe that Te'o is a liar? What?

Dapper Dan
03-05-2013, 09:01 PM
His Pro Day will determine where he gets drafted. If he is runs horrible it will just show he is not as athletic or has let self go over the hoax.

Media will let it go at some point. How often do you hear about the 30 Detroit Lions who got arrested last off season?

At some point, yeah. But it still pisses me off. I should probably become a Buddist or something. Every single Tennessee-related activity, the announced talked about Bruce Pearl and Lane Kiffin. Yeah, it fades away. But it still sucks. They need to find a balance between off the field and on the field stuff. Anymore, announcers don't seem to focus on the game itself.

Northman
03-06-2013, 06:53 AM
No.

Draft another position and take Minter later.

Ziggy
03-06-2013, 07:03 AM
No.

Minter is a 2 down linebacker that won't be there with our 2nd rounder. He's outstanding against the run, but a huge liability in pass coverage. If the Broncos want him, my guess is that they would either have to take him in the first or trade down like they did with Wolfe last year. Either way, I don't think you spend that high of a pick on a guy that you'll be taking off of the field on passing downs. Some see Te'o the same way, but after watching him quite a bit the last few years, I think he's a 3 down linebacker and well worth a shot at 28.

TXBRONC
03-06-2013, 07:16 AM
No.

What about Ogletree later in the draft obviously?

Ziggy
03-06-2013, 07:23 AM
What about Ogeltree later in the draft obviously?

I don't see Elway using a draft pick, especially a high one on a guy with huge character concerns.

Northman
03-06-2013, 07:55 AM
What about Ogeltree later in the draft obviously?

I would be fine with Ogletree but you do have to take his off the field stuff into consideration.

Northman
03-06-2013, 08:03 AM
Minter is a 2 down linebacker that won't be there with our 2nd rounder. He's outstanding against the run, but a huge liability in pass coverage. If the Broncos want him, my guess is that they would either have to take him in the first or trade down like they did with Wolfe last year. Either way, I don't think you spend that high of a pick on a guy that you'll be taking off of the field on passing downs. Some see Te'o the same way, but after watching him quite a bit the last few years, I think he's a 3 down linebacker and well worth a shot at 28.

Obviously i disagree with you on that. Just too many question marks for me on Teo right now.

Dapper Dan
03-06-2013, 08:50 AM
Te'o and the ND Defense against one of the better offenses in the country, Landry Jones and the Sooners:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWLd8khWfSI

Te'o and the ND Defense dominating Le'Veon Bell and the Spartans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wpjf92KSLk

I couldn't find the game, but Stanford and Stepfan Taylor didn't have a very good game in their loss to Notre Dame. Te'o also had a good hit on the second to last play of the game to help with a goal line stand.

Te'o has had success against a lot of the players we want.

If you want to look at Lacy and Alabama. I didn't watch the game, but how well did Ogletree play? Against Georgia, Alabama had two rushers go over 150 yards. Lacy had 180.

Alabama was the best team in the nation, probably by far. If teams judged players on how they play against Alabama, a lot of guys would be in trouble.

BroncoJoe
03-06-2013, 08:58 AM
Ya know, the ONLY place I hear of the Te'o "girlfriend" anymore is here.

Northman
03-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Sooners were vastly overrated.

Dapper Dan
03-06-2013, 09:17 AM

Good enough to outscore Geno Smith and Tavon Austin in West Virginia.

Probably every team in college football is overrated except for Alabama.

TXBRONC
03-06-2013, 09:19 AM
I don't see Elway using a draft pick, especially a high one on a guy with huge character concerns.

That is why I said later. I think at some point in draft where it might become worth the risk.

Northman
03-06-2013, 09:21 AM
Good enough to outscore Geno Smith and Tavon Austin in West Virginia.

If that is what your hanging your hat on than i cant do anything for you. lmao

Northman
03-06-2013, 09:22 AM
That is why I said later. I think at some point in draft where it might become worth the risk.

Indeed.

Better to take a risk later than waste a high draft pick on one.

TXBRONC
03-06-2013, 09:23 AM
I would be fine with Ogletree but you do have to take his off the field stuff into consideration.

That's why I wonder where does he become worth the risk. From what I understand he's more talented than Teo.

Dapper Dan
03-06-2013, 09:33 AM
If that is what you're hanging your hat on then I can't do anything for you. Lmao

I'm not sure how that's relevant. I'm currently wearing my hat.

If you and everyone else is going to say that everyone that Notre Dame played during the regular season is overrated, then I'm not sure what to tell you. I don't remember hearing any of this before the Hoax or before the Alabama game. Crazy how games are interpreted differently at different times. Lmao.

gregbroncs
03-06-2013, 09:35 AM
Star was going to be a top 5 pick before the heart stuff. It would all depend on the health issues. If he is able to play and there is only limited risk I would pick him up at 28 in a heart beat. This guy was double teamed almost every game. The one team that thought they did not need to was USC. He dominated the 1st 2 drives they had and was a big reason they turned the ball over on both of their 1st 2 drives. They double teamed him the rest of the game and ended up winning.

I don't like Te'o very much. I'd not draft him 28 even if he fell. His #'s at the combine are very underwhelming. Add to that his press and other things I just don't think he's a 1st round player.

Northman
03-06-2013, 09:41 AM

If you and everyone else is going to say that everyone that Notre Dame played during the regular season is overrated, then I'm not sure what to tell you. I don't remember hearing any of this before the Hoax or before the Alabama game. Crazy how games are interpreted differently at different times. Lmao.

You didnt hear that from me. If you can quote me as saying that Notre Dame played a tough schedule than by all means post it up here.

CoachChaz
03-06-2013, 09:43 AM

They lost 3 games last year and all 3 were to BCS teams. They lost to Kansas State and Notre Dame, who both spent time ranked #1 and then eventually lost to A&M, who was arguably the best team in the country at the time. 3 wins against TCU, OkSU and Texas werent significantly impressive, but hovering around in the top 10 doesnt seem over-rated to me.

CoachChaz
03-06-2013, 09:44 AM
From the limited stuff I've read, Star's heart deal is thought to be a dehydration thing and it isnt considered serious at the moment. We'll have to see if more comes of it, but it doesnt seem like he should be affected too much

Northman
03-06-2013, 09:46 AM
They lost 3 games last year and all 3 were to BCS teams. They lost to Kansas State and Notre Dame, who both spent time ranked #1 and then eventually lost to A&M, who was arguably the best team in the country at the time. 3 wins against TCU, OkSU and Texas werent significantly impressive, but hovering around in the top 10 doesnt seem over-rated to me.

Guess we see it differently. Doesnt mean OU sucked donkey balls but they were not near as good as advertised but i can say that about a lot of teams year in and year out.

CoachChaz
03-06-2013, 10:09 AM
Guess we see it differently. Doesnt mean OU sucked donkey balls but they were not near as good as advertised but i can say that about a lot of teams year in and year out.

OU is always going to come with a lot of hype because they are a perennial powerhouse.

TXBRONC
03-06-2013, 10:28 AM

Sounds like you're exstrapulating that everyone that thinks Teo wouldn't be a good picks also thinks everyone Notre Dame played is overrated. That would be ridiculous. Now I'm in that grouping that doesn't want Denver to draft him but I haven't said damn thing about Notre Dame or their schedule.

gregbroncs
03-06-2013, 10:37 AM
From the limited stuff I've read, Star's heart deal is thought to be a dehydration thing and it isnt considered serious at the moment. We'll have to see if more comes of it, but it doesnt seem like he should be affected too muchIf this comes out to be the case. Then there is no way in hell he drops to us. If he does you take him. I don't care who else is on the board that is the guy you take if he's around at 28 and his heart thing is minor.

Dapper Dan
03-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Sounds like you're exstrapulating that everyone that thinks Teo wouldn't be a good picks also thinks everyone Notre Dame played is overrated. That would be ridiculous. Now I'm in that grouping that doesn't want Denver to draft him but I haven't said damn thing about Notre Dame or their schedule.

If you didn't say it then it doesn't apply to you. Don't worry about it.

CoachChaz
03-06-2013, 10:48 AM
Even thoiugh I think Te'o is overrated, I said YES to both. But there is a caveat to that vote. If guys like Trufant, Austin, Rhodes, Cooper, etc are gone at that point, then Te'0 might just be the best option available to fill a position of need. So, in that unique event, I would take him. I just dont see it working oout that way

TXBRONC
03-06-2013, 11:20 AM
If you didn't say it then it doesn't apply to you. Don't worry about it.

Did you say everyone did you not?

Btw what I said has nothing to do with being worried.

Dapper Dan
03-06-2013, 11:51 AM
Did the Hoax, Bama game, and the combine lose Teo 15-20 draft spots?

He was considered a top five pick by many and a top 15 pick by almost all.

Ravage!!!
03-06-2013, 12:03 PM

The truth is, probably not. To the fans and the draftnicks, they willl probably drop him much lower than the actual NFL evaluators and those that actually draft. We've seen it happen time and time again, people assume a guy isn't "worth" that high of a pick or "worth" that kind of money, or their schedule doesn't seem tough enough to be drafted that high.

But the reality is, Teo (as you said) was rated as a very good LB throughout the entire season..... to the point that he was considered to be THE guy voted for the Heisman trophy winner by the very person that most on this board consider to be the best in talent evaluation..... Mayock.

So I don't think he drops to us, although I hope he does.

Northman
03-06-2013, 12:12 PM

I think the CG and the combine hurt him the most. But, i can see some merit when people say he might come with a circus and after watching what happened with Tebow some teams may want to avoid that altogether.

NightTerror218
03-06-2013, 12:40 PM
I do not think his stock dropped at all until the combine and his 40 run. Teams were very interested in him still and interviewing him. Who cares if evaluators dropped him, does not mean squat to NFL team's draft boards.

The girlfriend hoax may have dropped him, because of the way he handled it. But now that teams have interviewed him, it should be a dead issue to them.

NightTerror218
03-06-2013, 12:43 PM
I think the CG and the combine hurt him the most. But, i can see some merit when people say he might come with a circus and after watching what happened with Tebow some teams may want to avoid that altogether.

If the BCS game hurt Teo, it should also hurt Ogletree, Jarvis Jones, and the GA DL. Lacy ripped them all up too. Lacy ripped up GA more so then ND. 9.1 yrds per carry against GA and 7 against ND. Bama ate up ND and GA. I do not see people using the SEC Championship game against any of the GA players.

Northman
03-06-2013, 12:50 PM
If the BCS game hurt Teo, it should also hurt Ogletree, Jarvis Jones, and the GA DL. Lacy ripped them all up too. Lacy ripped up GA more so then ND. 9.1 yrds per carry against GA and 7 against ND. Bama ate up ND and GA. I do not see people using the SEC Championship game against any of the GA players.

None of them have half the hype that Teo does either. With that said, Olgetree did enough on his own (DUI) to possibly drop any of his stock.

Northman
03-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Also NT, its about what have you done for me lately. What Olgetree did vs Bama weeks before means nothing. Just like the BCS standings its based off of what you did last and the last game that Teo played in he played very poorly.

NightTerror218
03-06-2013, 12:55 PM
None of them have half the hype that Teo does either. With that said, Olgetree did enough on his own (DUI) to possibly drop any of his stock.

that is very true, but non the less. He had a bad game and missed 2 bad tackles that get shown over and over. Overall game tape wise, that game should not hurt his stock but not that much.

NightTerror218
03-06-2013, 12:57 PM
Also NT, its about what have you done for me lately. What Olgetree did vs Bama weeks before means nothing. Just like the BCS standings its based off of what you did last and the last game that Teo played in he played very poorly.

Ogletree played just as poor against the top team in college football. They played Nebraska for last game.

What hurt Te'o the most was combine. he did not show up or has let himself go some.

Northman
03-06-2013, 12:57 PM
that is very true, but non the less. He had a bad game and missed 2 bad tackles that get shown over and over. Overall game tape wise, that game should not hurt his stock but not that much.

Its all a guessing game. He could very well go #1. No one truly knows.

NightTerror218
03-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Its all a guessing game. He could very well go #1. No one truly knows.

If he runs a 4.8 again in the 40 he will surely drop. But ILB is considered weak this year. DL and OL are the strengths of the draft. This let alone could mean he could go early since teams will figure they can get a good DL/OL in the 2nd round also.

DenBronx
03-06-2013, 05:55 PM
At 28 I say get him! Its worth the risk.

tomjonesrocks
03-06-2013, 08:09 PM
I'll be astounded if Denver takes T'eo. Elway has already proven he doesn't like to deal with media distractions.

Why would you bring in another one after what happened with Tebow? I really don't see it.

NightTerror218
03-06-2013, 08:16 PM
I'll be astounded if Denver takes T'eo. Elway has already proven he doesn't like to deal with media distractions.

Why would you bring in another one after what happened with Tebow? I really don't see it.

Tebow had a cult following, Te'o doesn't.....from what we have seen. Big difference. Tebow has been in the spot light out of popularity before he was ever drafted. Te'o is in media because of event, hoax. It will blow over.

Big difference.

zbeg
03-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Te'o has a cult following, but you just haven't met them. They go to another school.

NightTerror218
03-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Te'o has a cult following, but you just haven't met them. They go to another school.

He had A follower

DenBronx
03-06-2013, 08:59 PM

Not even remotely close to the following Tebow had. Like not even 5%. Te'o will come with his share of haters though, many on this board too. If we draft him then they can all hop on a donkey and ride it off the top of the grand canyon as far as I'm concerned.

DenBronx
03-06-2013, 09:00 PM

Because unlike Tebow, Te'o will start at his position day 1. Tebow couldnt complete a pass to save his life.

Nomad
03-06-2013, 09:03 PM
I hope Denver puts up a billboard of 'We want Teo':lol:

Lancane
03-06-2013, 09:04 PM
I hope Denver puts up a billboard of 'We want Teo':lol:

Oh God...not this **** again. Can we just say no to the drama-mamas of the league! :tsk:

Nomad
03-06-2013, 09:11 PM
Oh God...not this **** again. Can we just say no to the drama-mamas of the league! :tsk:

how much is a billboard? Me and NightTerror will raise some money to get one up. It will have Teo and Tebow looking off into the distance with the BRONCO logo in the background and underneath will say "we want Teo and bring back Tebow. Signed Lancane.":lol: With a little corner spot for slim saying, "Rahim Moore is #1".

Lancane
03-06-2013, 09:19 PM
how much is a billboard? Me and NightTerror will raise some money to get one up. It will have Teo and Tebow looking off into the distance with the BRONCO logo in the background and underneath will say "we want Teo and bring back Tebow. Signed Lancane.":lol: With a little corner spot for slim saying, "Rahim Moore is #1".

If it's my billboard it wouldn't sound a thing like that Nomad...it would read: '**** Te'o and **** Tebow - Denver does not need this ****! Sincerely, Lancane and **** you if this offends you!' And in the corner, 'Rahim Moore is in the NFL and your not, so who's the *****!'

:woot:

OrangeHoof
03-07-2013, 01:38 AM
How Would You Feel About Teo at 28? (http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/507644-How-Would-You-Feel-About-Teo-at-28) I feel that, by that age, he may actually date chicks he can see face-to-face.

TXBRONC
03-07-2013, 07:27 AM

Yeah if it was just the bad game but now piled on that is a bad combine in front talent evlauators from every team in the League I don't see how that wont hurt him.

Northman
03-07-2013, 08:02 AM
Yeah if it was just the bad game but now piled on that is a bad combine in front talent evlauators from every team in the League I don't see how that wont hurt him.

Indeed.

Dzone
03-07-2013, 11:02 AM
Teo was a whiny little batch when interviewed at the combine making all kinds of lame excuses for doing bad. Oh well, I still think he can play some good football...but he needs to shut up because he sounds gay

DenBronx
03-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Teo was a whiny little batch when interviewed at the combine making all kinds of lame excuses for doing bad. Oh well, I still think he can play some good football...but he needs to shut up because he sounds gay

If there's anything about Te'o that upsets me is that he makes excuses. Don't make an excuse just go out and do it. Don't blame the pressure of the media for your poor 40 time. Go out and run faster on your pro day. I think this kid has the talent to play MLB in the NFL but leave the excuses at home.

zbeg
03-07-2013, 07:26 PM
If there's anything about Te'o that upsets me is that he makes excuses. Don't make an excuse just go out and do it. Don't blame the pressure of the media for your poor 40 time. Go out and run faster on your pro day. I think this kid has the talent to play MLB in the NFL but leave the excuses at home.

He says the stress of the combine got to him. I guess once he gets past the combine, it's smooth sailing. Running in a straight line with nobody chasing you or blocking you is the hardest thing you'll ever have to do in your NFL career.

Way to see he's mentally ready for the challenges of the NFL.

(Please Elway: STAY AWAY.)

NightTerror218
03-07-2013, 07:28 PM
He says the stress of the combine got to him. I guess once he gets past the combine, it's smooth sailing. Running in a straight line with nobody chasing you or blocking you is the hardest thing you'll ever have to do in your NFL career.

Way to see he's mentally ready for the challenges of the NFL.

(Please Elway: STAY AWAY.)

I think if he falls to 28 Elway will snag him up. Just last of 1st rounders interest has been shown in between the Senior Bowl and Combine interviews. Trufant and Te'o have been the only ones that seem could be snagged at 28.

zbeg
03-07-2013, 07:46 PM
I think if he falls to 28 Elway will snag him up. Just last of 1st rounders interest has been shown in between the Senior Bowl and Combine interviews. Trufant and Te'o have been the only ones that seem could be snagged at 28.

I've noticed for many years that guys who come into the draft process with entitlement issues or who make excuses (other than injuries; if you didn't run the 40 yard dash because you have a broken ankle, that's not really an excuse IMO) tend to do very poorly in the NFL.

Mental toughness is a huge part being successful and signs of mental weakness don't bode well for the guy's chances in the NFL. We see it over and over and over again. I wouldn't use a first rounder on anyone making excuses about media stress. Cause guess what: it's not going to go away any time soon. You think the media stress is going to evaporate once the season starts?

OrangeHoof
03-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Just be glad Teo didn't play at Stanford...

NightTerror218
03-07-2013, 07:58 PM
I've noticed for many years that guys who come into the draft process with entitlement issues or who make excuses (other than injuries; if you didn't run the 40 yard dash because you have a broken ankle, that's not really an excuse IMO) tend to do very poorly in the NFL.

Mental toughness is a huge part being successful and signs of mental weakness don't bode well for the guy's chances in the NFL. We see it over and over and over again. I wouldn't use a first rounder on anyone making excuses about media stress. Cause guess what: it's not going to go away any time soon. You think the media stress is going to evaporate once the season starts?

you know who has media stress and is pretty good......D. Thomas. he is a horrible media speaker, but on the field he just plays. D. Thomas did not whine or anything in the media, he is just bad at it.

Te'o could have been worried about the interviews or the whole combine who knows. He has his pro day to show what he has. Then its private workouts. He has the show what he has then.

Nomad
03-07-2013, 08:30 PM
Maybe Teo could be another Jr. Seau. Aren't they both Samoan?

Dapper Dan
03-07-2013, 08:31 PM
I didn't think he made a lot of excuses. He said he was tired during 1 interview that I saw. God forbid someone to be tired. It happens. Not every player is going to say everything that YOU want to hear. Whatever he said on TV will not hurt him as a player. Whatever he said in those interviews with teams will make the difference in who takes him. He's not some Jay Cutler who's out there pushing players during the game. I didn't see anything at the combine that I thought was really that bad on Te'o.

Nomad
03-07-2013, 08:32 PM
I didn't think he made a lot of excuses. He said he was tired during 1 interview that I saw. God forbid someone to be tired. It happens. Not every player is going to say everything that YOU want to hear. Whatever he said on TV will not hurt him as a player. Whatever he said in those interviews with teams will make the difference in who takes him. He's not some Jay Cutler who's out there pushing players during the game. I didn't see anything at the combine that I thought was really that bad on Te'o.

Do not speak ill of Jay Cutler in my presence!

Dapper Dan
03-07-2013, 08:36 PM
Do not speak ill of Jay Cutler in my presence!

:rolleyes::lol:

Dapper Dan
03-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Jay Cutler's 40 time was barely under 4.80 and he's "mobile".

Kyle Orton chugged a 40 in 4.70.

Nomad
03-07-2013, 08:41 PM
Jay Cutler's 40 time was barely under 4.80 and he's "mobile".

Kyle Orton chugged a 40 in 4.70.

I was listening to a former player talk on the radio about untested speed vs game quickness/speed. And this is a good example.

Dapper Dan
03-07-2013, 08:58 PM
How did Vontaze Burfict play on the field last season after running around a 5.0 40 time and struggling in almost every drill?

HammeredOut
03-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Teo might be the top talent left on the board at 28. Teo is an upgrade over Joe Mays.

Lancane
03-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Teo might be the top talent left on the board at 28. Teo is an upgrade over Joe Mays.

Mays is going to be cut, the Broncos want Irving and Johnson to compete for the mike linebacker position. In reality I think it's this board that is making too much of them meeting with Te'o. They also met with Hopkins, Trufant and Allen, all three of which have been rising while Te'o has fallen.

Northman
03-08-2013, 01:27 PM
Mays is going to be cut, the Broncos want Irving and Johnson to compete for the mike linebacker position. In reality I think it's this board that is making too much of them meeting with Te'o. They also met with Hopkins, Trufant and Allen, all three of which have been rising while Te'o has fallen.

^This

NightTerror218
03-08-2013, 01:48 PM

And if they are gone and Te'o falls to us? I look forward to see who gets brought in for workouts and then i will start to see what/who they are looking at. Elway/Fox have always looked and talked to top people are positions and then interview people who spark interests. So far they have had a knack for picking people who play well at senior bowl too.

Lancane
03-08-2013, 02:16 PM
And if they are gone and Te'o falls to us? I look forward to see who gets brought in for workouts and then i will start to see what/who they are looking at. Elway/Fox have always looked and talked to top people are positions and then interview people who spark interests. So far they have had a knack for picking people who play well at senior bowl too.

If Trufant, Allen and Hopkins are off the board and Te'o is still there...then they may take him. I look forward to seeing who comes in for private workouts, but they've also drafted players they've met with at pro-days and have not brought in for workouts.

NightTerror218
03-08-2013, 02:21 PM
If Trufant, Allen and Hopkins are off the board and Te'o is still there...then they may take him. I look forward to seeing who comes in for private workouts, but they've also drafted players they've met with at pro-days and have not brought in for workouts.

Yup. Wolfe was interviewed at Senior Bowl I believe and not brought in for workouts. Bolden was seen at Pro Day along with Oz. But they also do their due diligence and look at top players like they worked out Cam Newton a few years ago. IMO i like to see who Elway/Fox meet with. They seem to be more likely drafted. elway was at senior bowl and went to some pro days last year.

WARHORSE
03-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Whatever we do, I just hope the guys we draft play.......THIS year.

NightTerror218
03-08-2013, 02:32 PM

all depends on FA and who we resign.

Lancane
03-08-2013, 02:42 PM

The only guy they drafted last year that didn't get a chance to play is Osweiler, but he will eventually.

NightTerror218
03-08-2013, 02:44 PM
The only guy they drafted last year that didn't get a chance to play is Osweiler, but he will eventually.

if we sign some impact FA starters then our draft will be quality backups/rotation players. i am fine with that.

Lancane
03-08-2013, 02:46 PM
if we sign some impact FA starters then our draft will be quality backups/rotation players. i am fine with that.

Or eventual starters who will simply grow into the role. :beer:

NightTerror218
03-08-2013, 02:52 PM
Or eventual starters who will simply grow into the role. :beer:

the one thing I have missed in the past was a good depth chart.

I would like to see some of our draft picks grow into starters (Hillman, irving, johnson, trevathan, bolden, J. Thomas, Green, Q. carter).

zbeg
03-08-2013, 07:04 PM
How did Vontaze Burfict play on the field last season after running around a 5.0 40 time and struggling in almost every drill?

Why do you think he went undrafted? Sure, if Te'o goes undrafted then I'd be fine with him being signed as a free agent.

But risking a first rounder on a guy like that? I don't like it.