PDA

View Full Version : Who Wins? Broncos or Bills?

RunYouOver
09-01-2007, 10:50 PM
What do you see happening Week 1 in Buffalo, NY?

In the future, I'll have Power Rankings and ESPN Expert picks, but for now, just some power rankings.

ESPN Power Rankings:

Broncos 9

Bills 21

FOX Sports Power Rankings:

Broncos 10

Bills 21

CBS Power Rankings:

Broncos 4

Bills 20

2006: Bills @ Home: 4-4
Broncos on the road: 5-3

History

Bills lead all-time series 17-14-1

Last 3 meetings:

2005: Denver 28 @ Bills 17
2002: Denver 28 vs. Buffalo 23
1997: Denver 23 @ Buffalo 20 (OT)

TXBRONC
09-01-2007, 10:54 PM
Denver 21 Buffalo 13.

Escobar
09-01-2007, 10:57 PM
bills sneak by..

DenBronx
09-01-2007, 11:10 PM
we win by a touchdown....i think we break the loseing the 1st game of the year habbit and win this year.

yeah i said it...bills got nuthin on my boys!

Skinny
09-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Never have been good at guessing the score. But i think the Broncos win.

Bills defense took a big hit in the off-season and they did'nt do much to improve it. Offensively Evans is the only legit weapon and Losman has gotten better. But i beleive that plays into our defenses strength. Their running game has been no existance the pre-season with Lynch not even averaging 2 yards a carry, unless he bumped it up their last game. And that plays into our weakness.

My keys....no turnovers, feild posistion, and lots and lots of THenry. Help the defense out as much as possible.

TXBRONC
09-01-2007, 11:35 PM
Never have been good at guessing the score. But i think the Broncos win.

Bills defense took a big hit in the off-season and they did'nt do much to improve it. Offensively Evans is the only legit weapon and Losman has gotten better. But i beleive that plays into our defenses strength. Their running game has been no existance the pre-season with Lynch not even averaging 2 yards a carry, unless he bumped it up their last game. And that plays into our weakness.

My keys....no turnovers, feild posistion, and lots and lots of THenry. Help the defense out as much as possible.

That's a great formula for any game. :first:

RunYouOver
09-01-2007, 11:35 PM
By the way, the poll is public, so people can see what you voted for.

I'll keep a tally of those who have gotten it right throughout the year, and we'll see who wins.:beer::first:

broncosinindy
09-02-2007, 12:16 AM
By the way, the poll is public, so people can see what you voted for.

I'll keep a tally of those who have gotten it right throughout the year, and we'll see who wins.:beer::first:

you can go ahead andjust give me the trophy now. sorry fellas. :)

sneakers
09-02-2007, 12:58 AM
Broncos 178, Bills -6

CinnaMunMun
09-02-2007, 01:02 AM
I want the Broncos to win, but I think the nagging habit of losing first games comes back again as we adjust with the new defensive scheme.

BroncoBJ
09-02-2007, 01:03 AM
:laugh: at first I thought those were score predictions from different sites until I came accross the 20-4 one. But I hope and think we will win.

I'm going to say 24-7 Broncos.

omac
09-02-2007, 01:19 AM
I picked Denver by 10-13.

We'll just run them to the ground, again and again and again and again .....

We won't even let Jay play; we'll just use an extra rb to "play" qb and run and run and run. :laugh:

Uncle Buck
09-02-2007, 03:37 AM
In past seasons, I’d be more than eager to toss my two-bits’ worth into the ring, but this year I do not have a clue. This is just one of those games that the Broncos seem to like to lose, based upon the past.

Of course, in recent years the pattern has been shine in the preseason, maintain a good showing a few games into the regular season, then just slowly dismember. Well, not completely dismember. We generally do wind up with a winning season, post season excepted.

But this season seems different somehow. Worst preseason effort in recent history. Of the two games we’ve won, the second and third stringers did the honors. The starting Defensive lineup seems misaligned.

So, I need to see the first regular season game before making a shot from the hip as to what lies ahead.

I was hoping that Jay Cutler would prove the skeptics wrong: a second year quarterback (well, just barely not a rookie QB) is not someone you can bank the first real season on, unless his name is Dan Marino. But, so far, he has not.

On the plus side, Cutler is a cool head. He has been shown to make a real QB blooper, then come right back, next play, and do something outstanding.

On the plus side, we have Travis Henry. But can he stay healthy?

Also, on the plus side, we have the new guy, Young. This guy just might be our new LT.

These are key factors on the O-line that could take up some slack shown by the confusing D-line thus far. And help Cutler do his stuff.

Of course, I’ve left out the other starters on both the O and D lines respectively. This is not to slight them so much as it is to stress how important the QB and running game in general is. I’m getting a little weary of seeing our D-line out there for too long, while the other team’s O-line is dominating the game.

We’ve not even had to opportunity to see the new dynamic duo, Champ and Dre, strut their stuff. If you can’t stop the running game, who in the hell is gonna pass down the field?

Yes, this opening game with the Bills is going to show me something, one way or the other. I don’t know what the outcome will be (and the Bill’s are improving), could not hazard a guess as to who is going to win or lose, but…

This is what I’m going to be looking at. If we win, I want to see how we won. If we lose, I need to see how badly or closely we lost, and why.

Following this season opener, I will be better prepared for predicting the rest of the season.

Retired_Member_001
09-02-2007, 09:34 AM
24-17 Broncos win.

Nomad
09-02-2007, 06:52 PM
BRONCOS 20
BILLS 17

BRONCOS get their first game wins back on track but by a field goal!

Watchthemiddle
09-02-2007, 07:22 PM
My heart tells me Broncos by 5-9...but my gut is telling me bad stuff.

I don't want to sound negative, but we haven't faired to well on opening day in early games and games on the east coast.

I would feel more comfortable if we could actually have a home game for once or atleast not a early start out east.

Oh well, I hope they can pull it out by 5-9.

Slick
09-02-2007, 07:30 PM
BRONCOS 20
BILLS 17

BRONCOS get their first game wins back on track but by a field goal!

I agree. I voted 1-4 point win. I think it'll be close. The starters haven't shown any consistency in the pre-season, but I think we have the better talent and a better coach.

We need to get off to a fast start. The second half of the schedule is tough, IMO.

RunYouOver
09-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Poll is closed, let's see who gets it right.

Feel free to keep adding your opinions until kickoff!:cool: