PDA

View Full Version : Bud Selig wants tougher penalties for performance-enhancing drugs

FanInAZ
03-03-2013, 12:40 AM
Commissioner Bud Selig told reporters on Saturday he wants tougher penalties for performance-enhancing drug offenses, and he hopes MLB and the players' union can reach an agreement "expeditiously." MLB executive vice president Rob Manfred and union chief Michael Weiner are already working on it.

"The time has come to make meaningful adjustments to our penalties," said Selig, according to CBSSports.com's Jon Heyman."We need to do everything possible to deter the use of performance enhancing drugs ... [the recent Biogenesis investigation has] driven my intensity to increase the toughness of our PED penalties ... Apparently the penalties haven't deterred some players."

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/21799192/bud-selig-wants-tougher-penalties-for-performance-enhancing-drugs

With as much as these players are paid today, anything less than full season suspension without pay won’t be a meaningful consequence to them.

Poet
03-03-2013, 12:43 AM
First time offense after the test is substantiated should be a full year without pay. The next offense should be a lifetime ban.

#judgedreddofbaseballinthismutha****a

OrangeHoof
03-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Smoke and mirrors. Until they have an accurate HGH test, this will go on.

BroncoWave
03-03-2013, 03:17 PM
First time offense after the test is substantiated should be a full year without pay. The next offense should be a lifetime ban.

#judgedreddofbaseballinthismutha****a

I agree with this. Put in this rule with an HGH test, and you would pretty much see the end of performance enhancing drugs in baseball. At least until the next undetectable drug come along.

MOtorboat
03-03-2013, 03:43 PM
I don't care anymore.