PDA

View Full Version : One thing that really pisses me off

SR
11-15-2007, 02:36 PM
I HATE when the necks on my shirts get stretched out. I'm OCD when it comes to that. I try shirts on before I buy them to make sure the neck isn't all loose and what not. I like necks of my shirt to be snug. If the neck on a shirt gets stretched out, regardless of how long I've had it, I cut it up in to pieces and use it to clean my wood furniture with Pledge.

Now, before I left last month to come over here, I bought six brand new black t-shirts to wear with my uniform from clothing sales on base. We take our dirty laundry to a little place on base that sends it to the Mariott in Doha to get cleaned, dried, and pressed (everything gets pressed, from socks to undies to uniforms). Well, all six of my brand new shirts are in the trash right now because the necks are stretched out beyond my liking. :tsk:

Makes me mad.

GRLSLUVFTBL2
11-15-2007, 03:41 PM
I HATE when the necks on my shirts get stretched out. I'm OCD when it comes to that. I try shirts on before I buy them to make sure the neck isn't all loose and what not. I like necks of my shirt to be snug. If the neck on a shirt gets stretched out, regardless of how long I've had it, I cut it up in to pieces and use it to clean my wood furniture with Pledge.

Now, before I left last month to come over here, I bought six brand new black t-shirts to wear with my uniform from clothing sales on base. We take our dirty laundry to a little place on base that sends it to the Mariott in Doha to get cleaned, dried, and pressed (everything gets pressed, from socks to undies to uniforms). Well, all six of my brand new shirts are in the trash right now because the necks are stretched out beyond my liking. :tsk:

Makes me mad.

Do they put it on hangers? My husband cannot stand to have t-shirts hung he says the same thing that the neck gets stretched and it pisses him off :) Sorry about your dilema, but look on the brightside it's the holiday season and I am sure you'll get a care package all wrapped up tight in a shoebox from a Girl Scout Troop any day now :laugh:

OB
11-15-2007, 03:47 PM

Makes me mad.

My question is how the hell did they get stretched?

Do you think someone with a fat head tried your t-shirts on :eek:

How are you gonna get new ones? Will the wife send you a care package?

Oh and yes - this is a bit weird - but they did an episode I think it was either Sienfeld of Frasier about one of them having a sweater - the other wanted to borrow and the person was like - no way your big fat head will stretch out the neck :laugh:

dogfish
11-15-2007, 11:20 PM
My question is how the hell did they get stretched?

Do you think someone with a fat head tried your t-shirts on :eek:

it was probably this guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_A6N9L-LUQ) . . .

BOO, large headed friend!

HOORAY, beer!!

:beer:

:laugh:

SR
11-16-2007, 06:56 AM
I already got new shirts last night at the BX, so I'm set. They're not black, which is what I like to wear under my uniform, they're tan, which is okay I guess. They're really thin though, so I'm not sure how durable they'll be.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-16-2007, 02:18 PM
I hate that too man. I usually wear an undershirt in the winter (white) and when the necks/collars get stretched out, I always get rid of them and get new ones. I'm OCD like that too.

Watchthemiddle
11-17-2007, 03:07 AM
Bro I feel your pain. I don't care if its an undershirt or a regular tee shirt I am wearing. The neck needs to be tight. I could never be a woman and wear all those low cut V neck tops they wear...:laugh:

SR
11-17-2007, 03:23 AM
These new shirts I bought are killer too. They're just regular t-shirts, but they're so much thinner and lighter than the black ones I wore before. Unfortunately, I don't have the new Air Force uniform, so when I get back to the States I'll have to switch back to the black tees, but they'll be new ones with tight necks.

Jody
11-17-2007, 06:56 AM
Would it be terribly off-topic to discuss what I do not like about shirts? :D

I don't like scratchy tags on the nape of the neck! If the tag is not satin-like material, I have to cut them out. It's odd how 'a tag' can start to feel like a sharp object over time.

See, SR? There's things that tick me off as well! ;) :D

SR
11-17-2007, 07:00 AM
I'm the same way too. I remember when I was about 10, I was visiting my great grandmother in Rancho Santa Fe, CA for the summer. She took me shopping one day and bought me a bunch of new shirts and stuff. I immediately cut all of the tags off, and for whatever reason, it really made her mad that I did that. So much anymore, so many of the shirts are tagless and have tags printed on the inside of the shirt, but of the ones that do have tags, if they're papery feeling, I snip them out.

By the way, good mornin' to ya good friend.

Jody
11-17-2007, 07:19 AM
I'm the same way too. I remember when I was about 10, I was visiting my great grandmother in Rancho Santa Fe, CA for the summer. She took me shopping one day and bought me a bunch of new shirts and stuff. I immediately cut all of the tags off, and for whatever reason, it really made her mad that I did that. So much anymore, so many of the shirts are tagless and have tags printed on the inside of the shirt, but of the ones that do have tags, if they're papery feeling, I snip them out.

By the way, good mornin' to ya good friend.

My daughter does the same thing - but I needed to see what size she was for the next growth spurt, so I knew what size to buy, so she couldn't cut them 'all' out - plus, I was worried she'd become 'obsessive' about it, like her momma. Can you imagine that - a girl obsessive about wearing clothes? :D

I cannot wear 'tight' necklines. I *love* sweaters and don't even mind if they are a turtle-neck (for the 40-below windchills days), just can't be snug. Heck, that's why I *love* long hair - to keep my neck warm in the winter (sad but true). WTM - it's a myth that all women wear v-necks. ;)

Another pet peeve of mine (laughing here) is not what I wear, so much as a lot of middle-aged women and upward in years. As many like to wear 'large' print (i.e., floral arrangements or neon construction colors). I need to be able to see, ladies, so that's not too easy on the eyes, especially when I have to look at them at work all day. Of course, there are the women I'd like to take bra shopping.

Ooohhhh....don't get me started. :D

SR
11-17-2007, 07:30 AM
Mmmmmmm....nothin' like a couple of old ladies with floral print shirts that are brighter than the sun with some knee slapper boobs. My fav.

KCL
11-17-2007, 08:42 AM
My daughter does the same thing - but I needed to see what size she was for the next growth spurt, so I knew what size to buy, so she couldn't cut them 'all' out - plus, I was worried she'd become 'obsessive' about it, like her momma. Can you imagine that - a girl obsessive about wearing clothes? :D

I cannot wear 'tight' necklines. I *love* sweaters and don't even mind if they are a turtle-neck (for the 40-below windchills days), just can't be snug. Heck, that's why I *love* long hair - to keep my neck warm in the winter (sad but true). WTM - it's a myth that all women wear v-necks. ;)

Another pet peeve of mine (laughing here) is not what I wear, so much as a lot of middle-aged women and upward in years. As many like to wear 'large' print (i.e., floral arrangements or neon construction colors). I need to be able to see, ladies, so that's not too easy on the eyes, especially when I have to look at them at work all day. Of course, there are the women I'd like to take bra shopping.

Ooohhhh....don't get me started. :D

turtlenecks...I have never liked those. Jody do you remember dickies? I believe thats what they were called.I am not referring to Dickie jeans.

When my son was little...all tags bothered him and he also hated certain socks that had a thick seam in them.

Jody
11-17-2007, 08:48 AM
turtlenecks...I have never liked those. Jody do you remember dickies? I believe thats what they were called.

When my son was little...all tags bothered him and he also hated certain socks that had a thick seam in them.

How did that word get through the filter? :eyebrows:

How could I 'not' remember "dickies", hmmm? They were the worst invention ever made for women! I'm not a turtleneck fan - I'm a sweater fan --- big difference!

I saw a lady in her early 20's yesterday wearing....'elephant' bell slacks. :shocked:

Poor SR...he probably didn't intend for this to end up about 'fashion', but so be it. We MUST keep this thread alive!

SR
11-17-2007, 08:51 AM
Don't worry about me. Its my thread and you guys can take it whatever direction you'd like.

Jody
11-17-2007, 08:53 AM
Don't worry about me. Its my thread and you guys can take it whatever direction you'd like.

So you shop Eddie Bauer?

SR
11-17-2007, 08:56 AM
I've never been a big fan of Eddie Bauer clothes. I have an Eddie Bauer suitcase that I bought at Target though.

KCL
11-17-2007, 08:57 AM
How did that word get through the filter? :eyebrows:

How could I 'not' remember "dickies", hmmm? They were the worst invention ever made for women! I'm not a turtleneck fan - I'm a sweater fan --- big difference!

I saw a lady in her early 20's yesterday wearing....'elephant' bell slacks. :shocked:

Poor SR...he probably didn't intend for this to end up about 'fashion', but so be it. We MUST keep this thread alive!

oh you like that word huh? Dirty mind. Well if the baby boy is upset with us then he will just have to delete this thread.But he won't if he knows whats
good for him.

KCL
11-17-2007, 08:58 AM

Don't tempt us! hows it going SR?

SR
11-17-2007, 08:59 AM
It's going. Today is going by super slow.

Jody
11-17-2007, 09:00 AM
I've never been a big fan of Eddie Bauer clothes. I have an Eddie Bauer suitcase that I bought at Target though.

The style you said you like to wear, reminds me a bit of what they sell.
Insulted? :D Don't be. I'll give you a great big :hug:

Jody
11-17-2007, 09:01 AM
oh you like that word huh? Dirty mind. Well if the baby boy is upset with us then he will just have to delete this thread.But he won't if he knows whats good for him.

Yes...I TRY very hard to keep that part of me intact! and SR?
He loves us, KCLady...he will not stray. :D

SR
11-17-2007, 09:04 AM
I don't wear anything close to what Eddie Bauer sells. But, since his clothes are tasteful and classy, I'll say thanks.

I'm not straying. I've got four hours left on my shift and absolutely nothing going on. I think I'm going to watch Universal Soldier with Jean Claude Van Dammit.

Jody
11-17-2007, 09:07 AM
I don't wear anything Dammit.

Do tell, SR. :eyebrows:

This is a perfect example of my favorite phrase, "slurs the truth"....

SR
11-17-2007, 09:43 AM
Do tell, SR. :eyebrows:

Wouldn't you like to know!