PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos are sticking by young safety Rahim Moore

Denver Native (Carol)
02-28-2013, 05:46 PM
DENVER -- The Denver Broncos are sticking with young safety Rahim Moore.

Moore allowed Jacoby Jones' 70-yard touchdown catch in the final minute of regulation during the Broncos' loss to the Baltimore Ravens in a thrilling double-overtime AFC championship game.

John Elway, vice president of Broncos football operations, and coach John Fox both say Moore made great progress last season and they have confidence he'll put the blunder behind him and make even greater strides in 2013.

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000146022/article/denver-broncos-are-sticking-by-young-safety-rahim-moore

topscribe
02-28-2013, 05:51 PM
rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000146022/article/denver-broncos-are-sticking-by-young-safety-rahim-moore
As would I. Rahim played well last year. Yet I don't believe he's had his break out
year. I expect that this year. I really do.

DenBronx
02-28-2013, 05:54 PM
I know Moore last imbeded burned image in our brains was that terrible play. But the whole body of work he did last season should sway us from going in another direction. Still have faith in the kid and he is only going to get better.

Bottom line is, it should have been decided on that one play anyway. We had other opportunities to put the Ravens away and we didnt.

BroncoWave
02-28-2013, 06:06 PM
Good. Great to know we have John Elway running this franchise instead of the idiots who want to get rid of a player based on one bad play.

Zweems56
02-28-2013, 06:06 PM
Yeah... I think it's too easy to overreact to the one big play. Over the season, I thought Rahim was the best safety on the team. Saw Adams out of position a much higher percentage of plays, and Rahim spent much more time on the field than Adams did. He'll learn from this. If we're in the market for a safety, I think we're in the market for an enforcer.

topscribe
02-28-2013, 06:09 PM
Good. Great to know we have John Elway running this franchise instead of the idiots who want to get rid of a player based on one bad play.
I agree with you . . . not the idiot part, which I think is out of line, but on John Elway . . .

Timmy!
02-28-2013, 06:16 PM
He will always be Rahim "Bill Buckner" Moore to me.

Dapper Dan
02-28-2013, 06:18 PM
Obviously John Elway doesn't know what he's doing. I read somewhere that Moore is garbage and didn't progress that much. Hopefully he reads the forums before it's too late.

chazoe60
02-28-2013, 06:25 PM
Meh. I'm pretty sure we could find a differnet below average safety to cost us a playoff game, why stand by the one we already have?

Either way, if he introduces his season ruining ass as Rahim "The Dream" Moore one time next season I'll make it my mission to punch him in the ****.

topscribe
02-28-2013, 06:38 PM
Meh. I'm pretty sure we could find a differnet below average safety to cost us a playoff game, why stand by the one we already have?

Either way, if he introduces his season ruining ass as Rahim "The Dream" Moore one time next season I'll make it my mission to punch him in the ****.
I wonder if they still allow watching games in jail . . . :nod:

chazoe60
02-28-2013, 06:43 PM
I wonder if they still allow watching games in jail . . . :nod:
They'll nevah take me alive Toppah!!!!!!

topscribe
02-28-2013, 06:45 PM
They'll nevah take me alive Toppah!!!!!!
Can I have your photo album?

chazoe60
02-28-2013, 06:47 PM
Can I have your photo album?

I'm leaving it to Rahim. ;)

Timmy!
02-28-2013, 06:49 PM

Maybe u could leave a diagram of a prevent defense in their for him.

topscribe
02-28-2013, 07:08 PM
If you don't stop being such a horse's arse about this, I'm going to level a
fusillade of Kyle Orton's virtues at you, and I won't stop until you're a quivering
little lump of flesh . . .

Zweems56
02-28-2013, 07:18 PM
fusillade of Kyle Orton's virtues at you, and I won't stop until you're a quivering

Sooo.... a vagina? You won't stop until he's a vagina?

chazoe60
02-28-2013, 07:25 PM
Kyle Orton can't hurt me anymore and I know that Top. :D

Simple Jaded
03-01-2013, 12:08 AM
Kyle Orton just wins.......

dogfish
03-01-2013, 03:23 AM

too late, he's always a quivering blob of flesh. . .

rahim, i hope you don't **** up!

Northman
03-01-2013, 05:18 AM
This is disappointing, i was so hoping he would be gone.........

Now, lets see who takes the bait.

TXBRONC
03-01-2013, 06:32 AM
This is disappointing, i was so hoping he would be gone.........

Now, lets see who takes the bait.

I will take the bait. :eviltongue:

Superchop 7
03-01-2013, 11:14 AM
Played horribly until they pulled Tracy Porter, what the correlation was....I dunno.

Has made dumb plays due to ego, he was the guy that came in as a rookie and wanted 2 lockers, was going to be the best ever.....hall of fame guy. (My understanding is that Steve Atwater lost 5 lbs laughing)

As a rookie he was pulled because he simply would not listen to the coaching, we were playing with 10 when he was on the field.

As 2012 wore on, his read and react was much better, as I have said before, he is a great athlete.

The bone-headed play was an ego driven play (wanted to be hero)....

The reaction of that play by the entire world, many countries which do not follow football but know a moron when they see one will get us what we wanted in the first place.

A humble guy and solid play at the safety position.

Ravage!!!
03-01-2013, 11:19 AM
Good. I'm glad the franchise has the ability to look past the emotion of a bad play and not fire a young player based on a single play. Firing based on over-reactive emotion is something I would NOT want to see from those in charge.

chazoe60
03-01-2013, 11:21 AM
Let's not act like he was really good all season and made one bad play. He was taken out in favor of Jim Leonhard quite a few times last season. I kinda like Leonhard but it doesn't screem confidence when a young safety is taken out in favor of an old slow white guy.

Rahim, even in his improved state, is a below average NFL starting safety.

Northman
03-01-2013, 11:28 AM
Let's not act like he was really good all season and made one bad play. He was taken out in favor of Jim Leonhard quite a few times last season. I kinda like Leonhard but it doesn't screem confidence when a young safety is taken out in favor of an old slow white guy.

He's young yet and only finished his second season. Ill be more concerned if two years from now he is still playing average.

topscribe
03-01-2013, 12:03 PM

Racist . . .

Dapper Dan
03-01-2013, 12:10 PM
If Rahim Moore was regularly subbed out, it wasn't during the first 12 games.

But 12 games into the season, Moore has played more snaps — 765, or 98 percent — than any other player in the Broncos defense. Just two other players have topped the 700-snap mark with Adams at 711 (91 percent of the defensive snaps) and Bailey at 745 (95 percent).
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22131371/rahim-moore-proves-be-broncos-busiest-defender-through

BroncoWave
03-01-2013, 12:21 PM
If Rahim Moore was regularly subbed out, it wasn't during the first 12 games.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22131371/rahim-moore-proves-be-broncos-busiest-defender-through

Gotta love it when facts get in the way of a good ol' player bashing!

slim
03-01-2013, 01:18 PM

Yep.

slim
03-01-2013, 01:19 PM
Good. I'm glad the franchise has the ability to look past the emotion of a bad play and not fire a young player based on a single play. Firing based on over-reactive emotion is something I would NOT want to see from those in charge.

LOL....you mean like when they fired the DB coach after the game?

They just scapegoated someone other than Rahim. Same approach, though.

chazoe60
03-01-2013, 01:21 PM
Fact: If Rahim does his job the Broncos play NE in the AFCCG in Denver.

Fact: Rahim Moore can suck a bag of *****.

slim
03-01-2013, 01:34 PM
Fact: Rahim Moore thinks "prevent defense" means stand around and watch recievers run by you.

Dapper Dan
03-01-2013, 01:44 PM
Fact: (insert my opinion here)

chazoe60
03-01-2013, 03:51 PM
Fact: (insert my opinion here)

Fact: dbfan doesn't get the joke.

Ravage!!!
03-01-2013, 04:37 PM
LOL....you mean like when they fired the DB coach after the game?

They just scapegoated someone other than Rahim. Same approach, though.

If you say so.

Poet
03-01-2013, 05:44 PM
Every time I watched him play he looked pretty good on the field. I'm just curious as to what proof they have to say that he was below average last year? I recall comments about his good play and threads about his good play.

Ultimately, the people who want him cut are struggling to find evidence of his poor play, sans that last one.

In other words, if you want him gone because of that one play, it's your right to have stupid thought processes.

Lancane
03-01-2013, 06:08 PM
Rahim Moore was an overzealous rookie, he made great strides and was a key part of the 2nd best defense in the NFL, not the 22nd...he made a mistake and he'll grow. I don't see any reason that he needs to be replaced or is below average, he's no Dawkins or Atwater, but could be compared to Braxton (remember the other safety that helped Denver win two Super Bowl Championships?). I'm glad Denver is not jumping the gun to replace a young, talented safety due to one bad play. If that's the case they might as well boot Demaryius Thomas for some horrible drops and mis-calculated route running!

NightTerror218
03-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Rahim Moore was an overzealous rookie, he made great strides and was a key part of the 2nd best defense in the NFL, not the 22nd...he made a mistake and he'll grow. I don't see any reason that he needs to be replaced or is below average, he's no Dawkins or Atwater, but could be compared to Braxton (remember the other safety that helped Denver win two Super Bowl Championships?). I'm glad Denver is not jumping the gun to replace a young, talented safety due to one bad play. If that's the case they might as well boot Demaryius Thomas for some horrible drops and mis-calculated route running!

What about Decker and tripping over a blade of grass? Manning for having a 3 int quarter against ATL?

All players make mistakes is the point. Some can cost us a game others just kill a play or give up points.

chazoe60
03-01-2013, 06:16 PM
And others end an entire season.

Lancane
03-01-2013, 06:23 PM

Glad we got rid of Elway who made mistakes when he was young...

From the Divisional Playoffs 1984-85 The Broncos scored first after linebacker Tom Jackson's fumble recovery set up quarterback John Elway's 9-yard touchdown pass to Jim Wright. But Pittsburgh then scored 10 unanswered points in the second quarter, including running back Frank Pollard's 1-yard touchdown. Denver tied the game in the third period with a 21-yard field goal. Then Elway completed a 20-yard touchdown pass to Steve Watson to take the lead. But the Steelers tied the game with a quarterback Mark Malone's 10-yard touchdown to Louis Lipps. With 3 minutes left in the game, Steelers safety Eric Williams returned an interception to the Broncos' 2-yard line to set up Pollard's winning touchdown. Malone finished the game with 227 passing yards and a touchdown. This was Elway's first playoff game as a starter; because of the Broncos' elimination, he was denied the opportunity to play in the only Super Bowl to be held at his college home field, Stanford Stadium.

Now just imagine had we gotten rid of Elway, all those trips to the Super Bowl and the two Championships out of what five trips? Yeah, you're right!

NightTerror218
03-01-2013, 06:25 PM

Yup if he got a hand on the ball he would ended Ravens season. If Manning did not throw an INT in overtime the Ravens season might have ended. If Bailey did not get burned he could have stopped a Ravens TD and ended their season.

Lots of individual plays could have changed the outcome of that game. This game was defined by our team not playing up to what it could have and its potential.

Mike
03-01-2013, 07:04 PM
Every time I watched him play he looked pretty good on the field. I'm just curious as to what proof they have to say that he was below average last year? I recall comments about his good play and threads about his good play.

Ultimately, the people who want him cut are struggling to find evidence of his poor play, sans that last one.

In other words, if you want him gone because of that one play, it's your right to have stupid thought processes.

He played well. With the positions that Denver needs to upgrade I think it would be a waste to get rid of a solid young player for a bad play (really bad play). Still think it will be rough for him in Denver now though. Will be interesting to see how the fans react to him.

BroncoWave
03-01-2013, 07:09 PM
Glad we got rid of Elway who made mistakes when he was young...

Now just imagine had we gotten rid of Elway, all those trips to the Super Bowl and the two Championships out of what five trips? Yeah, you're right!

/thread

You just put the nail in the coffin of this ridiculous argument.

chazoe60
03-01-2013, 07:15 PM
/thread

You just put the nail in the coffin of this ridiculous argument.

Yes because a #1 overall pick potential franchise QB and a 2nd round S whose had a disappointing rookie season followed by an average to below average sophmore season is an adequate comparrison. :rolleyes:

BroncoWave
03-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Yes because a #1 overall pick potential franchise QB and a 2nd round S whose had a disappointing rookie season followed by an average to below average sophmore season is an adequate comparrison. :rolleyes:

Nothing you can say is going to convince any rational person that a player should be cut because of one bad play. Sorry.

Nomad
03-01-2013, 07:24 PM
I have bought slim a Rahim Moore jersey and a Moore fathead...does anyone have his address!:lol: Maybe I should get one for chazoe too:D

Poet
03-01-2013, 07:39 PM

This is not factually correct. He'd start on more than half the teams. For instance, he'd start on every AFCN team sans MAYBE Baltimore if they keep Reed. Show me a team in the AFCS that he would not start on.

MOtorboat
03-01-2013, 08:06 PM
This is not factually correct. He'd start on more than half the teams. For instance, he'd start on every AFCN team sans MAYBE Baltimore if they keep Reed. Show me a team in the AFCS that he would not start on.

He wouldn't start on your own team. Joe Mays and Reggie Nelson are much better safeties.

And he certainly wouldn't start in Pittsburgh. Over Clark and Polamalu?

I'll give you Cleveland. Maybe.

He also wouldn't start over Landry and Lowery in Jacksonville. He wouldn't start over Babineaux and Griffin in Tennessee, either. And I'm not so sure he starts over Bethea or Zbikowski in Indianapolis, too.

Poet
03-01-2013, 08:25 PM
He wouldn't start on your own team. Joe Mays and Reggie Nelson are much better safeties.

And he certainly wouldn't start in Pittsburgh. Over Clark and Polamalu?

I'll give you Cleveland. Maybe.

He also wouldn't start over Landry and Lowery in Jacksonville. He wouldn't start over Babineaux and Griffin in Tennessee, either. And I'm not so sure he starts over Bethea or Zbikowski in Indianapolis, too.

Reggie Nelson is inconsistent to this day. For as many awesome plays as he mays, he gives them up. Taylor Mays? He sucks. Nate Clements, our other SS, he sucked.

Pittsburgh fans complain about how Clark is in coverage. At worst it's a lateral move for a more talented player. You can 'give' me Cleveland, but in reality you know he's better than those guys.

The safetys in Jax are not exceptional either. Again, lateral move for a more talented guy, and seeing how awful the Jax defense is, I'm confident with my statement.

Same thing for the Titans my man.

MOtorboat
03-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Reggie Nelson is inconsistent to this day. For as many awesome plays as he mays, he gives them up. Taylor Mays? He sucks. Nate Clements, our other SS, he sucked.

Pittsburgh fans complain about how Clark is in coverage. At worst it's a lateral move for a more talented player. You can 'give' me Cleveland, but in reality you know he's better than those guys.

The safetys in Jax are not exceptional either. Again, lateral move for a more talented guy, and seeing how awful the Jax defense is, I'm confident with my statement.

Same thing for the Titans my man.

You're way overvaluing Moore and undervaluing every other player. At best, he's fighting for a position with some of those guys. And there's no way he's better than Clark, Landry, Nelson, Lowery, Griffin and Bethea.

Poet
03-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Clark is bad in coverage. Nelson is inconsistent and overruns tacklers and is often out of position. He's a gambler on a team with a DC who hates gamblers. Moore is younger, more talented and as good as those guys. Even if they may be slightly better, and I don't think they are, he's more attractive as a starter.

Nomad
03-01-2013, 08:46 PM
King.....what size do you wear? I'll get you a Rahim Moore jersey too:lol:

Debating the great MO......that's risky. He's like a walking NFL encyclopedia.

MOtorboat
03-01-2013, 08:50 PM
He's definitely not better than Clark. And he's as inconsistent if not more than Nelson.

I think there's no way he starts over Polamulu, Bethea, Pollard, Clark, Nelson, Landry, Reed, Mays, Babineaux or Griffin. So he starts on, maybe three or four of the eight teams you focused on?

Moore simply isn't that good. He's below average. I wouldn't say he's easily replaceable, or that Denver needs to target safety (in fact I'd rather not see them target safety in both free agency or the draft), but he's not a very good safety. The debacle that was the Baltimore game is just the icing.

Nomad
03-01-2013, 08:52 PM
He's definitely not better than Clark. And he's as inconsistent if not more than Nelson.

I think there's no way he starts over Polamulu, Bethea, Pollard, Clark, Nelson, Landry, Reed, Mays, Babineaux or Griffin. So he starts on, maybe three or four of the eight teams you focused on?

Moore simply isn't that good. He's below average. I wouldn't say he's easily replaceable, or that Denver needs to target safety (in fact I'd rather not see them target safety in both free agency or the draft), but he's not a very good safety. The debacle that was the Baltimore game is just the icing.

WOW! Tough review, MO.

Moore will have the most pressure than anyone on the team this year.

MOtorboat
03-01-2013, 08:58 PM
WOW! Tough review, MO.

Moore will have the most pressure than anyone on the team this year.

The Broncos should make upgrades at linebacker and defensive tackle. That will make Moore, and the entire secondary look better. And it will hide his deficiencies, but those deficiencies still exist.

Nomad
03-01-2013, 09:00 PM
The Broncos should make upgrades at linebacker and defensive tackle. That will make Moore, and the entire secondary look better. And it will hide his deficiencies, but those deficiencies still exist.

True!

Northman
03-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Im not writing Moore off after just a couple of years. Like i said earlier, if he is still doing this next year or the next than i would be concerned. But i do agree with MO at this point that there is no way Moore starts over those guys listed. As inconsistent as Nelson may be i would still take him over Moore right now any day of the week.

Nomad
03-01-2013, 09:04 PM
Im not writing Moore off after just a couple of years. Like i said earlier, if he is still doing this next year or the next than i would be concerned. But i do agree with MO at this point that there is no way Moore starts over those guys listed. As inconsistent as Nelson may be i would still take him over Moore right now any day of the week.

Isn't there a 3 yr rule:lol:

Northman
03-01-2013, 09:07 PM
Isn't there a 3 yr rule:lol:

For Qb's generally. For Safeties i dont know what the window is but finding good/great safeties is almost as equally difficult as finding franchise QB's. Its even worse now that this league has become pass happy and it favors the receivers. I do wonder though if some of Moore's hesitance is due to the fact that he got fined for some massive blows last year. He seemed very aggressive last year but after the fine it looked like he became a bit hesitant and i wonder if he is just overthinking out there.

Dapper Dan
03-01-2013, 09:08 PM
Being that this is the rest of Moore's contract..

2013: $779,375
2014: $981,563
2015: Free Agent

I see no reason he shouldn't get to finish it up.

Nomad
03-01-2013, 09:08 PM
For Qb's generally. For Safeties i dont know what the window is but finding good/great safeties is almost as equally difficult as finding franchise QB's. Its even worse now that this league has become pass happy and it favors the receivers. I do wonder though if some of Moore's hesitance is due to the fact that he got fined for some massive blows last year. He seemed very aggressive last year but after the fine it looked like he became a bit hesitant and i wonder if he is just overthinking out there.

Agreed!

chazoe60
03-01-2013, 09:12 PM

Yeah, if he's gonna continue costing us playoff games at least he's doing it cheaply.

dogfish
03-01-2013, 09:17 PM
king, just stop. . . rahim basically IS reggie nelson, with less interceptions. . . he's nothing close to a special player-- not close. . . he's a one-dimensional over-the-top safety with adequate speed and athleticism to man the deep zones-- he's not particularly effective in the box, and hasn't shown much ability in man coverage. . . he did have a solid season and still has some upside, but let's not get carried away-- for a guy who plays the vast majority of his snaps in deep zones, two turnovers in two seasons doesn't quite scream "superstar". . . the idea that he would walk on to most teams and start immediately is a HUGE exaggeration of his ability and effectiveness. . .

MOtorboat
03-01-2013, 09:21 PM

It's fair to bring this up, because it is a place where Denver does have a cheap starter.

But it also means he can be replaced fairly easily.

Nomad
03-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Chazoe and slim...... does Rahim have to go mistake free from preseason to Superbowl next season to be forgiven?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!:lol:

Dapper Dan
03-01-2013, 09:36 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOeJAsR0spM

I still don't agree with this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PMGBU-bo-w

Poet
03-01-2013, 10:10 PM
Dog, I rarely tell you this, but you're wrong. I know I'm more familiar with the two players combined than you. How many bengals game do you watch?

Probably way less than the amount of bronco games I watch.

It's ok dog, it's ok.

Lancane
03-01-2013, 11:53 PM

Chazoe, Rahim Moore was a first round graded safety who fell out of the first round. And how often do you hear that teams give up quickly on second or even third round picks. Do I dare bring up Shannon Sharpe, Terrell Davis, Rod Smith? How about Joe Montana?

Lancane
03-02-2013, 12:02 AM
king, just stop. . . rahim basically IS reggie nelson, with less interceptions. . . he's nothing close to a special player-- not close. . . he's a one-dimensional over-the-top safety with adequate speed and athleticism to man the deep zones-- he's not particularly effective in the box, and hasn't shown much ability in man coverage. . . he did have a solid season and still has some upside, but let's not get carried away-- for a guy who plays the vast majority of his snaps in deep zones, two turnovers in two seasons doesn't quite scream "superstar". . . the idea that he would walk on to most teams and start immediately is a HUGE exaggeration of his ability and effectiveness. . .

Dog...not all safeties are ball hawk defensive backs. Remember Tyrone Braxton, he had one interception in his first two seasons as a starter, so did Ken Houston who is considered the second best safety to have ever played behind Ronnie Lott.

TXBRONC
03-02-2013, 06:40 AM

Apparanetly the Elway and Fox don't agree with this assesment.

slim
03-02-2013, 11:03 AM

You are wasting your time.

slim
03-02-2013, 11:06 AM
Dog, I rarely tell you this, but you're wrong. I know I'm more familiar with the two players combined than you. How many bengals game do you watch?

Probably way less than the amount of bronco games I watch.

It's ok dog, it's ok.

Stop being ridiculous.

I have watched every pro game Rahim has played in. He is not special. He is a slightly below average safety.

Dude had 1 int last year and, if IIRC, it was on a tipped ball. He is also below average in run support.

To say that safety is a position that can't be upgraded is just silly.

Ravage!!!
03-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Apparently the defensive coaching staff.... that did an amazing job this year... didn't agree with any of dog's assesment of Rahim's play considering how they kept him on the field no matter WHAT the situation was. That doesn't exactly say "one dimensional" when you keep him in on short, long, and 4 WR sets. He obviously is not a guy they consider to be "package".. and obviously not one that they consider to be "easily replaced".. when they didn't even take him out of game 98% of the time.

MOtorboat
03-02-2013, 11:31 AM
Apparently the defensive coaching staff.... that did an amazing job this year... didn't agree with any of dog's assesment of Rahim's play considering how they kept him on the field no matter WHAT the situation was. That doesn't exactly say "one dimensional" when you keep him in on short, long, and 4 WR sets. He obviously is not a guy they consider to be "package".. and obviously not one that they consider to be "easily replaced".. when they didn't even take him out of game 98% of the time.

Moore's position coach got axed.

slim
03-02-2013, 11:32 AM
Lol...

Ravage!!!
03-02-2013, 11:35 AM
Moore's position coach got axed.

Yeah, but what does that mean really? Nothing. You going to tell me that our DC doesn't know what's going in on packages and doesn't agree that our safety should have been in on the package that was on the field at the end of the Baltimore game? You want to say that Del Rio didn't know how much Rahim was on the field? I mean, that doesn't say anything against my point.

We have no idea as to why the DB coach was fired, but I'm pretty damn sure it doesn't ahve to do with that one play. Could very well be the scheme that consistantly put Bailey by himself and getting beat. That would make more sense than because a safety took the wrong friggin angle.

chazoe60
03-02-2013, 11:51 AM
Fine they're going to keep him. I hope he starts making plays in the passing game and doesn't make another gigantic worst play I've ever seen by a safety errors.

Either way he'll always be Rahim Buckner to me.

MOtorboat
03-02-2013, 12:16 PM
Yeah, but what does that mean really? Nothing. You going to tell me that our DC doesn't know what's going in on packages and doesn't agree that our safety should have been in on the package that was on the field at the end of the Baltimore game? You want to say that Del Rio didn't know how much Rahim was on the field? I mean, that doesn't say anything against my point.

We have no idea as to why the DB coach was fired, but I'm pretty damn sure it doesn't ahve to do with that one play. Could very well be the scheme that consistantly put Bailey by himself and getting beat. That would make more sense than because a safety took the wrong friggin angle.

No, I'm not suggesting Del Rio doesn't know that. But we also don't know what the end of season evaluation of the secondary was, and why the coach got fired, as you noted. We don't know yet.

Elway said they are sticking by Moore (February talk can be a lot of hooey). It's quite possible the coach was just a scapegoat, or that Del Rio wanted his guy (who I think was hired).

We don't know.

I just don't see anything but "average" for upside on Moore at this point. I also noted, though, that I have no problem if Denver keeps him and starts him, because there are other areas of greater need.

Ravage!!!
03-02-2013, 12:23 PM
No, I'm not suggesting Del Rio doesn't know that. But we also don't know what the end of season evaluation of the secondary was, and why the coach got fired, as you noted. We don't know yet.

Elway said they are sticking by Moore (February talk can be a lot of hooey). It's quite possible the coach was just a scapegoat, or that Del Rio wanted his guy (who I think was hired).

We don't know.

I just don't see anything but "average" for upside on Moore at this point. I also noted, though, that I have no problem if Denver keeps him and starts him, because there are other areas of greater need.

Agreed on everything, but I'm not willing to simply say that Moore is "going to be" purely average based on basically a single season of play (since rookie year was pretty messed with the holdout). Certainly not off a single, effed up, play....horrible play no matter how you look at it, just horrible. But even the greats make horrible plays.

As you said, the reason the DB coach was released probably had to do with more about nepotism than anything else.

My entire stance has been that we don't simply fire this guy because of that one play, which is what MOST of his detractors are saying since he hasn't been around long enough to really evaluate otherwise.

Simple Jaded
03-02-2013, 12:32 PM
I'm fine with an average S, if that's Moore's future. I don't hold the position in as high esteem as Zam or bc.......

Dapper Dan
03-02-2013, 01:14 PM
The DC didn't get a new contract. He wasn't re-signed. He was replaced by JDRs guy. The whole situation doesn't scream "fired the scapegoat" to me. We didn't fire the QB coach for Manning's fumbles. (He got promoted). We didn't fire the DL coach for lack of pass rush.

Timmy!
03-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Rahim moore still sucks. The most impressive thing he has ever done in a Bronco jersey was doing backflips after the steelers playoff game.