PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else REALLY want to see the dolphins go 0-16?

sneakers
11-15-2007, 07:10 AM
Not because I hate the dolphins, but rather all my life I always cheer for a team to lose all their games. You might call me a schadenfreude (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/schadenfreude).

BroncoBJ
11-15-2007, 07:13 AM
I agree. I always want to see a team go 0-16. Last year I was really pissed when the Raiders won. :lol: But it would be classic to see them lose every game. I hope that happens.

But if the Broncos were 0-14 would you root for them to lose the last 2 just to be the only winless team? I'm not sure If I would. I root for us even when we suck so I always wonder if I will root for us if we had a chance. :lol:

omac
11-15-2007, 07:51 AM
Not because I hate the dolphins, but rather all my life I always cheer for a team to lose all their games. You might call me a schadenfreude (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/schadenfreude).

Schadenfreude? Saw that on Boston Legal, didn't cha? :)

Nah, I wouldn't want any team to go 0-16. They should be better; their rush offense is pretty good, their pass offense is okay, their pass defense is okay, but their rush defense sucks.

Poet
11-15-2007, 10:06 AM
No, I do not. My team is the Bengals, lord knows it was possible that we could have done that. It would take multiple Superbowls AFTER that winless season to even save face. I wouldn't wish that on any franchise except Cleveland.

dogfish
11-16-2007, 12:01 AM
of course!

it's the ultimate accomplishment in NFL football-- probably harder than winning the super bowl. . . . :D

we see a team win the super bowl every single year, but 0-16 has never been done. . . .

BroncoBJ
11-16-2007, 12:13 AM
of course!

it's the ultimate accomplishment in NFL football-- probably harder than winning the super bowl. . . . :D

we see a team win the super bowl every single year, but 0-16 has never been done. . . .

We've even seen Back to back SB Winners :lol:

I'd like to see back to back 0-16 seasons. That be classic.
But first I would like to see one 0-16 season first.

Cleveland Rocks
11-16-2007, 12:18 AM
of course!

0-16 was done

as were the following:

0-17
0-18
0-19
0-20
0-21
0-22
0-23
0-24
0-25
0-26

Then the Bucs finally won a game. So to claim that a team has never gone 0-16 is untrue. The 1977-1978 Tampa Bay Bucs went 0-26

Uncle Buck
11-16-2007, 12:19 AM
of course!

Oh, the sheer *honesty*! :cool:

We all like to see new records set--no matter the adverse (in this case) impact to the "record" holder. :D

Now HERE'S what would be even stranger (sorta like the alignment of the planets, whilst that "killer comet" strikes the earth at the same time)...

What IF the Dolphins indeed "achieve" that sub-illustrious record, and the Pats go 16-0 in the same freakin' year!?!?

omac
11-16-2007, 04:02 AM
It can't happen this season, but the funny thing would be if 2 0-15 teams meet in the last regular game of the season. Would each try to win to avoid the embarrasment of going 0-16, or would each try to lose in order to get the top draft pick? :D

BroncoBJ
11-16-2007, 04:28 AM
0-16 was done

as were the following:

0-17
0-18
0-19
0-20
0-21
0-22
0-23
0-24
0-25
0-26

Then the Bucs finally won a game. So to claim that a team has never gone 0-16 is untrue. The 1977-1978 Tampa Bay Bucs went 0-26

He didn't say we have never seen a team lose 16 games in a row before.
Name a team that has gone 0-16 in a single season Charlie?

The Bucs went 0-14 and then lost the first 12 of the next season.
We didn't ask what the longest losing streak was. :coffee:

If thats the Case then Theres already been a 14-0 team.
Along with a

15-0
16-0
17-0

If you count the playoffs^

Then they won the first game of the next season.

so 18-0 :eek:

Heres what he said:

Every single year we see a SB winner.
Do we see an 0-16 team every single year?
Or how about just once?

Nope we havn't.

So your wrong once again.
There has never been an 0-16 team.

But then again your the same person who thinks this is the 2008 season so your clueless all across the board. :lol:

Are you ever right Charlie?
Damn you kill me sometimes

Retired_Member_001
11-16-2007, 07:27 AM
of course!

:laugh:

"And the Cam Cameron legacy starts with a 0-16 season"

BigBroncLove
11-17-2007, 05:08 PM
Naw, I don't want to see the Dolphins go 0-16. Those poor poor players. Its the type of season that creates a legacy of losing for year to come.

The only teams I ever wish to see go 0-16 are..... : Raiders, Chargers, Chiefs, Patriots, Colts.

broncosfanscott
11-17-2007, 09:07 PM
I would love to see the Dolphins go 0-16. That would make then the only franchise to have a team go udefeated and winless.

BroncoBJ
11-17-2007, 10:05 PM
I would love to see the Dolphins go 0-16. That would make then the only franchise to have a team go udefeated and winless.

Yea that would be pretty funny huh?
Then thier fans can say they have seen it all. :lol:

sneakers
11-19-2007, 04:28 AM
Hooray for 0-10! Only 6 more losses to go!

eessydo
11-27-2007, 12:48 PM
I DO!!!

Dolphins fans are only slightly less arrogant and annoying than:

1. Dallas Fans
2. Giants Fans
3. Patriots Fans

And just slightly more annoying and arrogant than my #5

5. Oakland fans

If you don't believe me, go to a city that is full of transplants (like here in Atlanta) and go to a sports bar. You will come to the same conclusions that I did. You would add others, but they only come out of the woodwork when their team is winning, the above fans, including Miami, will talk trash even when their wretched team is losing.

sneakers
11-30-2007, 02:34 AM
Dolphins face their biggest challenge to going 0-16 this week when they play the Jets at home :shocked: Lets go Jets! J!-E!-T!-S! Jets! Jets! Jets!

omac
11-30-2007, 04:51 AM
Dolphins face their biggest challenge to going 0-16 this week when they play the Jets at home :shocked: Lets go Jets! J!-E!-T!-S! Jets! Jets! Jets!

LOL, biggest challenge of going all-defeated! :D

sneakers
11-30-2007, 07:24 PM
LOL, biggest challenge of going all-defeated! :D

I couldn't think of the right word there hahahahaha :laugh:

Ravage!!!
11-30-2007, 08:05 PM

I don't know. I kind of like the irony of the same franchise that has gone 16-0 also goes 0-16. Not to mention it could happen on THE very year that the 16-0 season is tied. Talk about having remarkable polar records set/tied on the same season!

Now.. every time every team loses a single game in the NFL, they can talk about the '72 dolphins popping a cork of champagne. THEN... each year when a team actually WINS a single game in the NFL, we can talk about the '07 dolphins popping open a bottle of... sprite?

broncosfanscott
11-30-2007, 09:42 PM
I would love the see them go 0-16.

Then it would be:

'72 Dolphins 17-0
'07 Dolphins 0-16 :D

BroncoWave
12-01-2007, 12:18 AM
Oh I would LOVE for them to go 0-16! I almost want to see that happen more than I do the Broncos making the playoffs this season.

Simple Jaded
12-01-2007, 01:26 AM
Seeing the Patriots go undefeated in the same year the Dolphins go winless? Hells yeah! F'n az, Buzz......

Stargazer
12-03-2007, 12:32 AM
I have to admit that I'm excited to watch the Dolphins play every week. They were completely destroyed today against the lowly Jets?:laugh::D:laugh: I'm rooting for the team playing the dolphins. 0-12 Just wow!

Here's to 0-16!:D

sneakers
12-03-2007, 01:28 AM
Hooray Jets!!!

sneakers
12-03-2007, 01:31 AM
Dolphins' remaining schedule.

Dec. 9 at Buffalo Bills
DEC. 16 BALTIMORE RAVENS
Dec. 23 at New England Patriots
DEC. 30 CINCINNATI BENGALS

They play the Bills next week. I don't know how the Bill are playing of late....I think they beat the Redskins today.

BroncoBJ
12-03-2007, 02:29 AM
:lol: The Fins are going 0-16.
The have 2 road games left vs the Bills and Pats.
Pats should kill them.
The Bills always play a tough game vs them so who knows.
The Bills could be 8-4 this year. So Bills should beat them at home IMO.

The Ravens AT HOME they could win but the Ravens still have a good Defense and will make Beck crap himself.

And then the last game of the year vs the Bengals.
Who knows what to expect.
This should be classic.

I hope they go 0-16 :lol:

BroncoBJ
12-03-2007, 07:28 AM
http://www.phinatics.com/forum/index.php

Read that forum^
Its funny stuff seeing what people are saying about them. :lol:

I really wish they played the Pats in week 17 on NFL Network lol

champbronc2
12-03-2007, 08:10 AM
I want the Dolphins to beat the Bengals in week 17!

hahaha I could laugh at all the Bengals fans that live around here.

I live in Bengals country so it'd be quite a treat. haha And they have nothing on me because they are 4-8. At least we are 5-7.... wow

broncosfanscott
12-03-2007, 10:15 PM
I'll bet that Jets players were pretty pissed about being underdogs to the Dolphins even though it was only 1 1/2 pts.

broncosfanscott
12-03-2007, 10:17 PM
Dolphins' remaining schedule.

Dec. 9 at Buffalo Bills
DEC. 16 BALTIMORE RAVENS
Dec. 23 at New England Patriots
DEC. 30 CINCINNATI BENGALS

They play the Bills next week. I don't know how the Bill are playing of late....I think they beat the Redskins today.

The Bills usually play very well at home........well........except for when they played the Pats.

Cleveland Rocks
12-04-2007, 12:12 AM
Dolphins are going 1-15

I have a very good feeling on when that win is going to be as well....

It will really blow everyone's mind....

BroncoBJ
12-04-2007, 12:22 AM
Dolphins are going 1-15

Are they going to beat the Pats Charlie? :lol:

Poet
12-04-2007, 12:27 AM
Dolphins are going 1-15

Where do you think it will be CR?

Cleveland Rocks
12-04-2007, 12:30 AM
Where do you think it will be CR?

Miami will beat the Pats.

Just hear me out - just think of the conniption that the media would have.

Just think about it for a minute or so. The Dolphins already billed as the "worst of the worst" and the Pats being billed (by the stupid media) as the "best team ever".

Just picture the conniption they would have if the Patriots (undefeated) would lose to the (winless) Dolphins!

The world would turn on its axis. Everything the media holds dear would be - gone.

BroncoBJ
12-04-2007, 12:33 AM
It be nuts. :lol:

I said that the Pats/Fins meeting the first time would be kinda close and I was wrong about that.

What do you think the spread is going to be?
It will be nuts.

sneakers
12-04-2007, 12:46 AM

Just think about it for a minute or so. The Dolphins already billed as the "worst of the worst" and the Pats being billed (by the stupid media) as the "best team ever".

Just picture the conniption they would have if the Patriots (undefeated) would lose to the (winless) Dolphins!

The world would turn on its axis. Everything the media holds dear would be - gone.

If I had the choice between the Dolphins going 0-16 and the patriots going 16-0 or the Dolpins going 1-15 and patsies 15-1, I would rather see the Dolphins go 0-16, and pats 16-0

sneakers
12-09-2007, 09:14 PM
0-13! :beer:

broncosfanscott
12-09-2007, 10:43 PM
0-13! :beer:

Three more weeks and we could have the unthinkable........

.....a 16-0 team and a 0-16 team in the same year as well as the same division.

Stargazer
12-09-2007, 11:39 PM
Only 3 more games to go! John Beck pulled. Cleo Lemon saves the day. Okay, maybe not.:laugh:

I'm so rooting for an 0-16. I think this is bigger than the Pats going 16-0. You can't win one stinking game?:D I think this will be the worst I have ever seen in sports. Oh yeah! Go whoever plays the Dolphins!!!!:beer:

Throw a dancing elephant in while we're at it!:elefant:

Stargazer
12-09-2007, 11:42 PM

The Pats will crush the Dolphins. And they will not hold back on them. If the Pats have a chance to continue the Dolphin misery, they will do it.

dogfish
12-09-2007, 11:48 PM
Anyone else REALLY want to see the dolphins go 0-16?

clearly, the jets and bills do. . . . :D

way to not be the goat, guys! nothing to motivate you to an all-out effort like the fear of being the one team to lose to miami this year. . . .

:rofl: :pound:

Stargazer
12-10-2007, 02:48 AM
clearly, the jets and bills do. . . . :D

Add the Patriots to that list. NOBODY wants to lose to the Dolphins this year.

Medford Bronco
12-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Only 3 more games to go! John Beck pulled. Cleo Lemon saves the day. Okay, maybe not.:laugh:

I'm so rooting for an 0-16. I think this is bigger than the Pats going 16-0. You can't win one stinking game?:D I think this will be the worst I have ever seen in sports. Oh yeah! Go whoever plays the Dolphins!!!!:beer:

Throw a dancing elephant in while we're at it :

My pick was the 1975 Washington Capitals of Hockey
they were like 8-67-6 for 22 pts out of 80 games :laugh:

The Bucs were worse than the Fins this year but they were and expansion team in 76..not a team that won 5 games last season

Stargazer
12-11-2007, 03:11 AM
Out of the 3 remaining games. Home against Baltimore, @ NE, home against Cincy.

The Baltimore game scares me. Kyle Boller. Enough said.

The Dolphins do have two remaining home games. Has it mattered if the game has been home or away? No. But, two of the final 3 games are at home. Just by playing at home the Dolphins might just sneak one out. But, logic would be against this. They are horribly bad. I mean bad. Bad, bad, bad. Ronnie Brown, though they weren't winning with him. His injury just destroyed what little offense they had. John Beck pulled. The coach is desperate for a win. Insert the savior Lemon? They are trying everything they can to get a win. Beck should be the QB for the remainder of the season. Just like Croyle in KC. The Dolphins are bad on both sides of the ball. You pick the positions, just flat out bad.

Stargazer
12-11-2007, 03:17 AM
I also think nobody mentions nobody wants to be the team now that loses to the Dolphins.

Baltimore, you better win! I'm pulling for you. Cincy & NE have an offense that will put points on the board. Baltimore, no. Which is why I see this week as the best possible chance for the Dolphins to get a win.

Reidman
12-11-2007, 04:15 AM
OK, at first I thought yes, but now I just feel plain bad for them. Who wants to see a team completely devestated and defeated...?? I would like them to win at least one game so we don't see any suicides off this team...

Stargazer
12-15-2007, 03:14 AM
OK, at first I thought yes, but now I just feel plain bad for them. Who wants to see a team completely devestated and defeated...??

me:D:D:D:D

sneakers
12-16-2007, 07:23 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Stinking ravens ruined it all!

dogfish
12-16-2007, 07:35 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Stinking ravens ruined it all!

yea, freakin' buncha losers-- what an embarrassment to the game of football that pathetic excuse for an organization is. . .

:mad:

Cleveland Rocks
12-16-2007, 07:39 PM
yea, freakin' buncha losers-- what an embarrassment to the game of football that pathetic excuse for an organization is. . .

You are mad, well, I am glad.

The Ravens are pathetic, have always been pathetic, and will always be pathetic in my view.

KCL
12-16-2007, 07:39 PM

:laugh::laugh:

Kapaibro
12-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Great. Stupid Phins. Wasted their one win on the Ravens!

sneakers
12-16-2007, 08:16 PM
I HATE the ravens first they blow a victory against NE, now they ruin the Dolphin's winless season. :mad::mad::mad:

Stargazer
12-18-2007, 02:42 AM
Damn, I had a bad feeling about this game. The Dolphins best chance was versus the Ravens. Kyle Boller you really do suck. The Ravens moved the ball with Troy Smith playing QB. Smith put the team in a position to WIN the game (but Billick, you decide to kick a FG from the half yard line rather than go for it. Billick you wuss, by kicking the FG). Billick, you really do suck. You were owning the Dolphins & when you had the chance to end it, you kick a stupid FG to play overtime. Why didn't you punch it in from the half yard line? A simple QB sneak. Game over. Then, in overtime, Troy Smith leads the team down the the field. Puts the team in position to kick the game winning FG...

broncosfanscott
12-18-2007, 02:45 AM
Now that the Dolphins finally have a win, it takes the fun of seeing a 14-0 team taking on a 0-14 team.