PDA

View Full Version : Klis: Broncos remain haunted by "stumble" against Ravens

Denver Native (Carol)
02-26-2013, 11:05 AM
from article:

Yet, as I looked closer at The Pass (from Flacco's perspective) or The Stumble (from Moore's point of view) and asked questions, it became clear Moore was only one of four Broncos who blundered on the play. He made the most critical mistake. But just as Buckner had company in pitcher Bob Stanley (wild pitch), catcher Rich Gedman (or should it have been ruled a passed ball?) and manager John McNamara (where was Buckner's defensive replacement, Dave Stapleton?) in the blame game, Moore was not alone.

The problem was not, as some pundits have said, the coverage scheme. Defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio called for a 3-5-3 formation, which is the customary shell coverage that is supposed to protect against the sideline pass to stop the clock and the deep pass to score a touchdown.

The 3-5-3: three pass rushers, five "defensive backs" (which included linebacker Wesley Woodyard covering the short middle) and three safeties. That's right, there were supposed to be three safeties deep. It just never looked that way.

Here were the Broncos' culprits on the play, in sequence:

full article - interesting - http://www.denverpost.com/klis/ci_22667993/klis-broncos-remain-haunted-by-stumble-against-ravens

Buff
02-26-2013, 11:14 AM
Too soon!

Northman
02-26-2013, 11:15 AM
Lmao

Davii
02-26-2013, 11:31 AM
I'm not over it.

tomjonesrocks
02-26-2013, 01:53 PM
It's basically the Broncos equivalent of Ernest Byner's fumble.

I will never forgive Rahim Moore. He's dead to me.

Timmy!
02-26-2013, 02:33 PM
**** you Rahim

SoCalImport
02-26-2013, 02:36 PM
Moore will be a damn good safety for the Broncos for years yet. We shouldn't need a scapegoat.

slim
02-26-2013, 02:36 PM
LOL....Jim Leonhard and Robert Ayers.

What a dope...

BroncoWave
02-26-2013, 02:43 PM
Eh, I'm over it now. Life is too short to stay pissed about a football game for this long.

Buff
02-26-2013, 02:53 PM
Life is too short to stay pissed about a football game for this long.

Congratulations on being the first male in the history of the world to utter that sentence.

BroncoWave
02-26-2013, 02:56 PM
Congratulations on being the first male in the history of the world to utter that sentence.

:lol: OK. Most rational, well-adjusted people don't stay mad at a sporting event that they weren't actually involved in for more than a few days. It's seriously time to get over it if you're still fuming about it. No amount of anger will change the result of the game. Might as well move on.

Northman
02-26-2013, 02:58 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-C1aNv-YmIDU/T7I_N_SUThI/AAAAAAAAAIE/6VycXGFK9gY/s1600/Whysoserious1-e1284253264577.jpg

Buff
02-26-2013, 02:59 PM
:lol: OK. Most rational, well-adjusted people don't stay mad at a sporting event that they weren't actually involved in for more than a few days. It's seriously time to get over it if you're still fuming about it. No amount of anger will change the result of the game. Might as well move on.

I'm not saying you're wrong - but you reminded me so much of my ex-GF I had to double take to see if it was a nagging wife or a male football fan who typed that.

BroncoWave
02-26-2013, 03:03 PM
I'm not saying you're wrong - but you reminded me so much of my ex-GF I had to double take to see if it was a nagging wife or a male football fan who typed that.

Oh don't get me wrong, my GF nags me about how mad I get during football games all the time. I've just learned to not let it linger. There's always another game and another season.

Lancane
02-26-2013, 03:05 PM

Agreed, it's not like we could have changed the outcome of the game itself...if that is the case, then I could understand, somewhat. I just remember the 83' and 96' Broncos and what they accomplished a year later and beyond. It's not like we're Cleveland, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Philadelphia, San Diego, Tennessee or Jacksonville, at least we've won a Super Bowl or two and have had pretty fair success as a franchise...we could be like Arizona or Carolina.

BroncoWave
02-26-2013, 03:09 PM
Agreed, it's not like we could have changed the outcome of the game itself...if that is the case, then I could understand, somewhat. I just remember the 83' and 96' Broncos and what they accomplished a year later and beyond. It's not like we're Cleveland, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Philadelphia, San Diego, Tennessee or Jacksonville, at least we've won a Super Bowl or two and have had pretty fair success as a franchise...we could be like Arizona or Carolina.

Yeah, these things all help me get over losses pretty quickly as well. I've gotten to see a lot of great Broncos teams and a couple of Super Bowls. And the NFL playoffs are such a crapshoot you are really setting yourself up for disappointment if you go in with insanely high expectations. Yeah we were the 1 seed this year and should have been the favorites, but shit happens in the NFL playoffs. We will be right back in the playoffs next year with just as good a chance of winning the SB IMO.

Timmy!
02-26-2013, 03:14 PM
I know a lot of people who wont be over it till next season.

Slick
02-26-2013, 03:25 PM
I'm over being mad about it. i was pretty much 36 hours after the game. I sill blame Rahim, and that will never go away.

Buff
02-26-2013, 03:26 PM
Yeah, these things all help me get over losses pretty quickly as well. I've gotten to see a lot of great Broncos teams and a couple of Super Bowls. And the NFL playoffs are such a crapshoot you are really setting yourself up for disappointment if you go in with insanely high expectations. Yeah we were the 1 seed this year and should have been the favorites, but shit happens in the NFL playoffs. We will be right back in the playoffs next year with just as good a chance of winning the SB IMO.

Good for you if you actually think this way. Me? I'm more of the belief that it was the worst loss in the history of the world.

Sometimes shit happens, and people are devastated.

Slick
02-26-2013, 03:31 PM
Ror.

Northman
02-26-2013, 03:33 PM
I was over it about 2 hours later. Been there done that as ive seen some crazy wins and sad losses in this franchise's history. Still blows my mind though that Moore blew that play but (and here is where i somewhat disagree with BTB. I know shocker right?) while the playoffs are a crapshoot the fact that Denver hasnt been back to the Super Bowl since the 98' season shows how hard it is to get there. So, when you have the opportunity you need to take advantage of it and we failed to do that. Hypothetically we should be even better and return to the playoffs next year but that is not a given. Tomorrow Peyton could walk out and step on Sneakers cat and shatter his ankle. Like i said, been done and over the loss but it was easier to accept the loss last year vs the Pats because we were expected to lose. This loss is a bit bitter because the opportunity was there for the taking and we didnt get it done. Its why you can never take any game for granted and need to come to play every week.

Lancane
02-26-2013, 03:35 PM
Good for you if you actually think this way. Me? I'm more of the belief that it was the worst loss in the history of the world.

Sometimes shit happens, and people are devastated.

The *** kicking by Jacksonville or the major *** whoopings in the Super Bowl under Dan Reeves would fall under that label more then the loss to the Ravens. We at least were in the game, being in the Super Bowl and losing by four scores is far, far worse IMHO.

Be mad or not, that is on each individual, personally it does the angry person no good to be such...but to each they're own.

Buff
02-26-2013, 03:37 PM
The *** kicking by Jacksonville or the major *** whoopings in the Super Bowl under Dan Reeves would fall under that label more then the loss to the Ravens. We at least were in the game, being in the Super Bowl and losing by four scores is far, far worse IMHO.

Be mad or not, that is on each individual, personally it does the angry person no good to be such...but to each they're own.

*Their...

As long as we're on our high horses.

BroncoNut
02-26-2013, 03:39 PM
i just don't think on it too much. North makes a good post above though. it was disappointing as hell. I guess I feel kinda sorry for Rahim because he must feel like shit. go ahead and call me a puzzy or whatever. You can all go boink yourselves for all I care jerkoff faggots.

Lancane
02-26-2013, 03:46 PM
*Their...

As long as we're on our high horses.

O'tay...

CoachChaz
02-26-2013, 04:25 PM
Or...finding a DB that can play off the man, react to the play, turn his hips and close could be another option. Champ isnt getting younger, Carter is mediocre at best and Harris is a nickel. Sorry...but that's how it is on the other side of the orange tinted glasses.

Enter Desmond Trufant

BroncoWave
02-26-2013, 04:31 PM
i just don't think on it too much. North makes a good post above though. it was disappointing as hell. I guess I feel kinda sorry for Rahim because he must feel like shit. go ahead and call me a puzzy or whatever. You can all go boink yourselves for all I care jerkoff faggots.

Yeah, tell those faggots what's up nut!

VonDoom
02-26-2013, 04:51 PM
I'm obviously not as upset as I was the day it happened, but it lingers in the back of my mind, and probably will until the Broncos are in a position to redeem themselves at some point. Even the regular season next year will leave me a little wary. Either way, I try not to think about this game, and then this article comes and drags it all up again. Bring on the draft.

SoCalImport
02-26-2013, 05:18 PM
Or...finding a DB that can play off the man, react to the play, turn his hips and close could be another option. Champ isnt getting younger, Carter is mediocre at best and Harris is a nickel. Sorry...but that's how it is on the other side of the orange tinted glasses.

Enter Desmond Trufant

Not with all the hype he's been getting. I saw a mock that had him the first DB off the board...then again I think that was theBleacherRep.

Nomad
02-26-2013, 06:22 PM

Funny!

BTW.....keep stirring that pot DN:lol: j/k:D

BroncoJoe
02-26-2013, 06:25 PM

Is your ex a teenager?

Nomad
02-26-2013, 06:27 PM
Is your ex a teenager?

Or you talking to Nut or Buff?:D

Northman
02-26-2013, 06:28 PM
Is your ex a teenager?

lol

DenBronx
02-26-2013, 08:37 PM
Im not over it...not sure I ever will be either.

BORDERLINE
02-26-2013, 09:24 PM
I'm still bitter about it. I honestly feel we are the best team in the NFL just that day we didn't bring it. We have to use this as fuel for next season

Dapper Dan
02-27-2013, 12:30 AM
I was extremely disappointed for a couple of weeks. This is a good team, and they didn't show it at all in that game. I can't stand losing because you played like crap.

Now I just try to stay distracted with the draft and free agency. We should be a better team next year.

Dzone
02-27-2013, 09:49 AM
Baltimore WR Jacoby Jones just got picked to be on Dancing With The Stars...rubbing salt in the wound

DenBronx
02-27-2013, 04:13 PM
I was extremely disappointed for a couple of weeks.

So you were only upset for 14 days??? Tell me your secret as I still feel the same even now about the loss.

Northman
02-27-2013, 04:16 PM
So you were only upset for 14 days??? Tell me your secret as I still feel the same even now about the loss.

Go watch the Super Bowls with the Redskins and Niners. Then watch Plummer plummet against the Steelers. That should fix you right up.

Dapper Dan
02-28-2013, 08:53 AM

I have a hard time staying mad when my little girl gives me a hug and says "luff you, daddy".

vettesplus
02-28-2013, 09:18 AM
Eh, I'm over it now. Life is too short to stay pissed about a football game for this long.

very well said...its just a spectator sport..you dont gain or lose from the outcome, unless you picked the wrong numbers in your pool!!!:lol: