PDA

View Full Version : List of Draft Prospects Broncos Have Met With

Magnificent Seven
02-25-2013, 07:49 PM
Clemson WR DeAndre Hopkins — Talked at Combine (source).

Cal WR Keenan Allen — Talked at Combine (source).

Rice TE Vance McDonald — Talked at Senior Bowl (source).

Virginia OT Oday Aboushi — Talked at Combine (source).

Notre Dame LB Manti Te’o — Talked at Combine (source).

Washington CB Desmond Trufant — Talked at Combine (source).

San Diego State CB Leon McFadden — Talked at Combine (source).

William and Mary CB B.W. Webb — Talked at Combine (source).

Florida State CB/WR Leon Sandcaste — Had Private Workout (source).

Southern California S T.J. McDonald — Talked at Senior Bowl (source).

ASU S Keelan Johnson — Talked at East-West Shrine Game (source).

USC S T.J. McDonald — Talked at Senior Bowl (source).

Georgia DT Kwame Geathers — Talked at Combine (source).

Ohio State DL John Simon — Talked at Senior Bowl (source).

Mississippi State DL Josh Boyd — Talked at Senior Bowl (source).

Penn State DL Jordan Hill — Talked at Senior Bowl (source).

Georgia Tech DT T.J. Barnes — Talked at Combine (source).

It should be noted that last year, Denver barely talked to defensive lineman Derek Wolfe leading up to the draft and were googly over quarterback Brock Osweiler throughout the process. The team went on to draft both players, so take their pre-draft conversations and workouts with a grain of salt.

http://broncotalk.net/2013/02/45121/broncos-blog/list-of-draft-prospects-broncos-have-met-with/

Dapper Dan
02-25-2013, 08:12 PM
I like TJ Barnes. I thought he would be an adequate late round gamble.

NightTerror218
02-25-2013, 08:43 PM
Broncos talked to Wolfe at the Senior Bowl I think. You do not need to talk a lot to like a player.

Dapper Dan
02-25-2013, 08:52 PM
We seem to be fairly interested in DB and DL.

Lancane
02-25-2013, 09:08 PM
Broncos talked to Wolfe at the Senior Bowl I think. You do not need to talk a lot to like a player.

This is true...however, it does help. Shanahan always did cloak and dagger type pre-drafting and look where that ended up, McDaniels (while a horrid head coach and questionable about his evaluation of talent - to some degree) was more upfront and drafted a handful of quality athletes, Fox and Elway have done much the same and been somewhat successful (and I say that with the utmost respect).

You can hear that a player is a ***hole from this scout or that evaluator and then learn he is utterly humble and turned into an All-Pro, maybe a player's character is so far off that he just wasn't the right fit, etc.

OrangeHoof
02-25-2013, 09:30 PM
I'm pretty sure we screened Osweiler but I don't recall Hillman being on their radar until he was taken.

Lancane
02-25-2013, 11:04 PM
According to Mike Klis, B.W. Webb from William & Mary and Oday Aboushi from Virginia both spoke extensively with Denver at the Senior Bowl. So if they've spoken to Denver at the Combine, then they must really like the two.

Lancane
02-25-2013, 11:07 PM
I'm pretty sure we screened Osweiler but I don't recall Hillman being on their radar until he was taken.

Actually, Hillman was on Fox's radar for awhile being that both hail from SDSU, and had previously spoken before hand.

sneakers
02-25-2013, 11:43 PM
You do not need to talk a lot to like a player.

Was this a Kenny Walker reference? :laugh:

dogfish
02-26-2013, 12:07 AM
i like how you worked sandcastle in there. . .

chazoe60
02-26-2013, 12:12 AM
Leon Sandcastle will be gone way before our pick. If Elway talked to him it was probably just to grt his autograph.

sneakers
02-26-2013, 07:49 AM
Holy cow! that list in the OP, and I thought my autism was strong...

Magnificent Seven
02-26-2013, 03:52 PM
I don't want LB Manti Te’o. What if he missed a tackle/ sack for a lame reason? He might say," Oh, sorry! I thought I saw two quarterbacks there and I sacked one of them."

Red Flag on Manti Te'o!

elsid13
02-26-2013, 06:52 PM
According to Mike Klis, B.W. Webb from William & Mary and Oday Aboushi from Virginia both spoke extensively with Denver at the Senior Bowl. So if they've spoken to Denver at the Combine, then they must really like the two.

Webb is really good player. I would be excited if we picked him up.

Skinny
02-26-2013, 10:07 PM
A couple on that list i didn't see...

MaseDenver: UConn LB Sio Moore, a native of Liberia, said he met with #Broncos officials at the East-West Shrine Game.

Source: http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/502560-MaseDenver-UConn-LB-Sio-Moore-a-native-of-Liberia-said-he-met-with-Broncos-officials-at-the

Kentucky G LARRY WARFORD said the Broncos were among the teams with which he’s met this week (Senior Bowl).

Source: http://milehighsports.com/2013/01/23/senior-bowl-practice-notes-day-3-south-team/

Cornellius "Tank" Carradine has drawn interest from many NFL teams, including the Broncos, and said he will start running Monday during a rehab session.

Source: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22661284/tank-carradines-recovery-from-knee-injury-has-nfls#ixzz2M42uw6UC

Stoked we at least met with Warford and Moore's an intriguing prospect .

pipes
02-26-2013, 11:08 PM
Was this a Kenny Walker reference? :laugh:

Remarkable post!
Rarely do I laugh out loud, thank you sir!