PDA

View Full Version : John Lynch helping Broncos evaluate defensive backs at NFL combine

Denver Native (Carol)
02-25-2013, 10:40 AM
INDIANAPOLIS — With the defensive backs having arrived at the NFL scouting combine, Broncos executive John Elway brought in an extra set of eyes — nine- time Pro Bowl safety John Lynch.

Lynch was in the Broncos' suite Sunday at Lucas Oil Stadium as quarterbacks, wide receivers and running backs went through their on-field workouts in preparation for the league's April 25-27 draft.

The Broncos were scheduled to meet with several defensive backs individually Sunday and Monday.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22660645/john-lynch-helping-broncos-evaluate-defensive-backs-at

Dapper Dan
02-25-2013, 06:51 PM
I don't know for a fact that Lynch is a smart guy or that he actually did all the school work asked of him. But being that he went to a school like Stanford, I'm going to assume he's a smart guy. I think something could be said for athletes who go to better colleges can be a better asset when it comes to stuff like this. I don't think many former players from Alabama will be asked to evaluate anything. I'm not sure how Peyton Manning became so smart.

I think it's cool that Lynch is fairly attached to the Broncos Organization, even though he spent so much time in Tampa.

G_Money
02-28-2013, 02:23 PM
Lynch still lives here. He loves Denver and the Broncos. Glad to see Elway is making sure to get contributions from HOF friends and loyal org members. I'll take Lynch's assessments of DBs over that effing moron Sundquist or capologist Xanders any day.

~G

Northman
02-28-2013, 02:30 PM
Love it when former players chime in.

Superchop 7
03-03-2013, 01:40 AM
The Wolfe selection started with Greg Robinson.

Elway listens, builds relationships, tries not to burn bridges, (very hard to do in NFL, it's the nature of the beast).......alot of Jack Elway traits.

When former players said that they actually felt welcome coming to visit Dove Valley......(previously it was not like this)......it was great to see.

From my point of view.....hella good Karma.

So......John Lynch......can we ask a favor?

What do you think ?

I like it, don't know about you, but I like it.

Poet
03-03-2013, 01:52 AM
It comes down to having an eye for talent. There are a lot of players out there who do and do not have it. I don't think it has anything to do with the schools though. Rod Woodson's takes on cornerbacks are remarkable, and he wasn't an ivy leaguer. He also coaches the position as well. I was bummed when Cincinnati failed to hire the guy.

Dapper Dan
03-03-2013, 08:51 AM
The same thing is going on with my Tennessee Volunteers. During the Dooley era, former players didn't feel welcomed. Now that Jones is there, the old players are everywhere. Erik Ainge, Al Wilson, etc. It's always a good thing.