PDA

View Full Version : Who's on the P.S.?

dogfish
09-01-2007, 09:40 PM
now that cuts are in, who do you think we should look at for the practice squad?

i'm not gonna mention players cut from other teams because i haven't really looked over the cuts around the league much-- i'll stick to our own guys for now. . .

the players i'd be most interested in are probably darrell hackney, steve cargile, greg eslinger, one of the linebackers (either vaughn or hollowell-- not sure what their PS eligibility is), and maybe marquay mcdaniel. . .

TXBRONC
09-01-2007, 09:44 PM
now that cuts are in, who do you think we should look at for the practice squad?

i'm not gonna mention players cut from other teams because i haven't really looked over the cuts around the league much-- i'll stick to our own guys for now. . .

the players i'd be most interested in are probably darrell hackney, steve cargile, greg eslinger, one of the linebackers (either vaughn or hollowell-- not sure what their PS eligibility is), and maybe marquay mcdaniel. . .

I would bet money that Hackney makes the practice squad.

dogfish
09-01-2007, 09:55 PM
I would bet money that Hackney makes the practice squad.

definitely. . .

RunYouOver
09-01-2007, 10:01 PM

Definitely Eslinger...but wasn't he on it last year? Is that allowed?

I was surprised to see him cut.

I thought he was our future center.

TXBRONC
09-01-2007, 10:08 PM

I think he can spend one more year on the practice squad honestly I don't know for sure. :noidea:

dogfish
09-01-2007, 10:08 PM

he was on injured reserve last year-- but even if he'd been on the PS, i think they give them three years of eligibility, as long as they haven't played in more than a certain number of games. . .

TXBRONC
09-01-2007, 10:14 PM
he was on injured reserve last year-- but even if he'd been on the PS, i think they give them three years of eligibility, as long as they haven't played in more than a certain number of games. . .

I had forgotten he was the I.R. last season.

RunYouOver
09-01-2007, 10:17 PM
I had forgotten he was the I.R. last season.

As had I....

TXBRONC
09-01-2007, 10:23 PM
As had I....

So does that mean he would still have up to three years of eligibility for the P.S. not that Shanahan would keep him around that long.

broncosinindy
09-01-2007, 11:36 PM
As much as i wanted to like eslinger. he has had his shot. i jus tdont think hell be the next nails.

dogfish
09-02-2007, 02:53 PM
i'm going to add a few players who've recently been cut from other teams to my wishlist. . .

QB jared zabransky, OL mike otto, RB antonio pittman, and WR david clowney. . . and i'd love to see us go after LB buster davis, but i suspect he'll be signed to another team. . .

TXBRONC
09-02-2007, 02:55 PM
i'm going to add a few players who've recently been cut from other teams to my wishlist. . .

QB jared zabransky, OL mike otto, RB antonio pittman, and WR david clowney. . . and i'd love to see us go after LB buster davis, but i suspect he'll be signed to another team. . .

Do we really need a clown on the team? :D

dogfish
09-02-2007, 03:10 PM
Do we really need a clown on the team? :D

we don't need any more on the message baord, that's for sure. . . . :rolleyes:

:laugh: :hahaha:

clowney is just the kind of receiver we need-- a speedy slot guy with some return skills would be a nice complement to our big, physical starters. . . he'd be worth trying to develop on the PS IMO. . .

Skinny
09-02-2007, 03:22 PM

QB jared zabransky, OL mike otto, RB antonio pittman, and WR david clowney. . . and i'd love to see us go after LB buster davis, but i suspect he'll be signed to another team. . .Buster Davis is very intriguing. I would at the least like to see him come in for a look see. As well as Otto.

BigBroncLove
09-02-2007, 03:29 PM
Buster Davis's release is a very itneresting development, and before the draft I felt Otto would be an excellent fit in Denvers Scheme, so I would love to see both come in. I think Davis especially will see some major interest, but if we could get another tackle here in Denver, with all our injuries there at present, I think it would be a great idea to bring him in.

dogfish
09-02-2007, 03:48 PM
well, so much for clowney-- the pack just signed him to their PS. . . .

Skinny
09-02-2007, 06:12 PM
PRACTICE SQUAD:The Broncos signed an eight-man practice squad Sunday and all eight players had been in training camp with the team. Signed were:

Former CU center Mark Fenton, who the Broncos have also played some at guard; center Greg Eslinger, a sixth-round pick by the Broncos in the 2006 draft; tackle Cliff Washburn; defensive tackle Steven Harris; wide receiver Glenn Martinez; safety Roderick Rogers; safety Steve Cargile; and quarterback Darrell Hackney.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nfl/article/0,2777,DRMN_23918_5688604,00.html

Thrilled about Cargile and Eslinger. Glad to see them there.

Watchthemiddle
09-02-2007, 06:31 PM
PRACTICE SQUAD:The Broncos signed an eight-man practice squad Sunday and all eight players had been in training camp with the team. Signed were:

Former CU center Mark Fenton, who the Broncos have also played some at guard; center Greg Eslinger, a sixth-round pick by the Broncos in the 2006 draft; tackle Cliff Washburn; defensive tackle Steven Harris; wide receiver Glenn Martinez; safety Roderick Rogers; safety Steve Cargile; and quarterback Darrell Hackney.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nfl/article/0,2777,DRMN_23918_5688604,00.html

Thanks...I am glad I read your post. I was about to ask when the list would come out...:confused:

broncosinindy
09-02-2007, 06:45 PM
I am pleasantly surprised we got cargile back. i also liked eslinger back. but well see how he works on his weaknesses this next upcoming year.

TXBRONC
09-02-2007, 06:48 PM
we don't need any more on the message baord, that's for sure. . . . :rolleyes:

:laugh: :hahaha:

clowney is just the kind of receiver we need-- a speedy slot guy with some return skills would be a nice complement to our big, physical starters. . . he'd be worth trying to develop on the PS IMO. . .

Where did he go school?

TXBRONC
09-02-2007, 06:50 PM

Good find Skinny.

RunYouOver
09-02-2007, 10:51 PM
I'm happy with the PS.

VERY happy to see Eslinger there.

TXBRONC
09-02-2007, 11:12 PM
With only 2 active QBs there can be no other way...

Shanahan has been doing it that way now for a few years. That 3rd quarterback on the prarctice squad is basically our 3rd quarterback.

DenBronx
09-02-2007, 11:19 PM
Shanahan has been doing it that way now for a few years. That 3rd quarterback on the prarctice squad is basically our 3rd quarterback.

it really makes sense to do it this way. adding another vet takes up valuable space for one of our 8 tight ends and 6 runningbacks. :laugh:

no really sarcasm aside it does make sense. i knew parsons was on his way out and now we can let another youngin develop. hackney is by no means the answer to our qb in years to come. he is just good for a 3rd choice emergency. imo the guy is too small. i think wed do better by going after doug flutie is cutler and ramsey got injured.