PDA

View Full Version : All hockey, questions, advice, new to the game. Start here!

underrated29
02-23-2013, 04:13 PM
Inspired by pudges new leap into hockey I thought this would be a good thread to come for advice, questions or anything related to hockey. We have several active hockey players, myself and SR, and several former players buff and someone else I thought. So come in and ask about equiptment/gear, how to properly tape a stick, cutting sticks down, sharpenings, any essential things to have in your bag, how to shoot, where do go to practice etc etc etc...whatever you need to know.

To get it started here is about me and my gear and what I do.

I have played hockey for 9 years now. It is my favorite sport. I played varsity for my high school my very first year ever on ice. I played a bit of college at metro and aside from a few years break when my son was born I have been playing in tourneys and some competitive mens leagues and just regular mens leagues ever since.

I skate with the Bauer supreme one90 skates even though I am a center and not defense. As the best skate is the one that feels best for your foot not what position you play. I usually profile my blades to the middle as a center I am a two way player.

My favorite stick is the Easton EQ50 with the heately curve, grip. It has a cool device at the butt end that you can cut your stick down and put these little weights in there that brings the flex point back up. So I cut mine down about an inch and a half and now it is absolutely perfect for me. And because of the weights it brought my flex point back to perfect. I typically go through about 6 sticks a year and usually get my skates sharpened every 3 skates. Every two if I am in a tourney.

WTE
02-23-2013, 06:40 PM
When I was a little boy my dad purchased my first pair of skates. They were Bobby Orr Double Runners. That's right, two blades per skate.

Now I'm thinking double runners might have hindered my skating development instead of helping.

What do you think hockey wiseman?

underrated29
02-23-2013, 07:01 PM
Yes. I think that would be an accurate assumption. I've never seen anything like that. Must have felt weird.

Poet
02-24-2013, 01:07 AM
Where is the best way to learn about the history of the game?

Best goalie in the game right now, if there is a consensus?

I could use a run-thru in regards to line strategies.

Pudge
02-24-2013, 07:22 AM
Sweet thread, I went skating the other day and I was there about an hour but only skated for 30 minutes of it. The rest of the time I was resting my cankles. My skates came with laces that are just long enough to tie, but I've seen some people with long laces enough to wrap around their ankle much higher. Would you reccomend that or should I stick with what I have?

underrated29
02-24-2013, 09:45 AM
Where is the best way to learn about the history of the game?

Best goalie in the game right now, if there is a consensus?

I could use a run-thru in regards to line strategies.

1. I don't know where you would find that. I know that way back when native Americans used bones as a blade for a makeshift ice skate and that might be where hockey was formed.

2. I am not sure there is a consensus top goalie but IMO it's either LAs goalie Jonathan quick or the rangers goalie henrik lundqvist.

3. Your top six forwards are the best 6 you have and make up your top two lines. These are the guys that get the majority of the playing time. Your 3rd and 4th lines are the grind and energy lines. Also that's where you will find the tough guys, the fighters.

Ideally you would like to be able to roll all four lines in a game. It keeps all your players fresh and less bruised up for the next game. However, if the game is close or you are down you will likely only see the top two lines play with a sprinkle of the 3rd line in for some energy and to give the other guys a break.

A lot depends on the matchup and how your guys play vs how the other team plays. Sometimes you go with your 2 line as the starters if they have a bit more size and grind to wear on the team or what have you, speed, etc.

underrated29
02-24-2013, 09:56 AM
Sweet thread, I went skating the other day and I was there about an hour but only skated for 30 minutes of it. The rest of the time I was resting my cankles. My skates came with laces that are just long enough to tie, but I've seen some people with long laces enough to wrap around their ankle much higher. Would you reccomend that or should I stick with what I have?

Sounds like you might have 108s if they are that short. 120 is about average still on the small side IMO for an adult skate. It just depends how strong your ankles are pudge. Normally when people wrap them around their ankles it is just because their laces are too long and so they wrap them around. However, some people, newer skaters or kids who do not yet have the ankle strength need to wrap their laces around to provide more support.

There is not a right or wrong way to do it, but if you feel like your ankles aren't holding up well and are not straight and strong then I might suggest getting some 120 or 130 laces that you can wrap around a few times and give you that extra added support and tightness. As you get better you will likely start living a little more wiggle room. Me for example, I do not even lace my skates up on the top whole. This way I can get a little bit more bend and forward lean in my skate if I need it.

Question, on your new skates, did you get them baked? Are they still stiff, do they hurt at all anywhere?

CoachChaz
02-24-2013, 10:13 AM
Remember when it was beneficial to have a checking line? Ahh, the good old days

MOtorboat
02-24-2013, 10:13 AM
For history, start here:
http://www.hockey-reference.com/leagues/

Pudge
02-24-2013, 12:24 PM
No I didn't get them baked, and they are fairly stiff. My left arch is the only place that really bothers me. My ankles don't seem to bother me too badly but I can tell I am not holding them straight at all

underrated29
02-24-2013, 12:34 PM
Get them baked man. It will conform to your foot so much better and make skating easier for you. If you don't want to do that, you can pour water in your skate, pour a lot of water, at least half a cup in each skate, then go do your 30 min skate. It'll be real soggy, but will help with the foot conforming.

A good way to break in the boot and break down some stiffness is to wear them around your house (only on carpet), unless you have skate guards, then you can do it on regular floor. But the walking and going from sitting to standing and standing to sitting will help loosen up the tightness.

What kind of skates did you buy?

Pudge
02-24-2013, 04:01 PM
They are bauers, I kind of went cheap they were only about $100

underrated29
02-24-2013, 05:44 PM
That's a good price for a new pair of skates. You don't need top of e line when just starting out.

Poet
02-24-2013, 10:30 PM
Is Sidney Crosby as good as the hype around him? Same question for Ovechkin, I think I butchered his name, haha.

Pudge
02-24-2013, 11:07 PM
So I hate to sound like an idiot but how do you bake them? Just stick it in the oven?

underrated29
02-24-2013, 11:55 PM
Is Sidney Crosby as good as the hype around him? Same question for Ovechkin, I think I butchered his name, haha.

IMO it is for Sid. But a lot don't think so. Regardless the guy is still super sick nasty.

I love ovi but he is a bit selfish and somewhat lazy. He needs to be in a proper system to be most effective, one that will let him do his thing, not fit into the model that they want him to be.
Best way I can explain it is like when the avs had teemu salesmen with kariya. And we scratched salon e for several games. Not because he was bad because he is still a great. Bt because he didnt fit our stupid system at the time.

underrated29
02-25-2013, 12:04 AM
So I hate to sound like an idiot but how do you bake them? Just stick it in the oven?

Nooooo. And you don't sound dumb, that's why we have this thread. When you bought your skates, whoever you bought them from should have baked them for you for free. Are they new skates? Or just new skates to you but used before?

The term baking is when you are in most any hockey store, players bench, breakaway sports, etc. You put you new skates on, lace me up nice and tight, and then they put your feet, with skates on, in a mini oven. Think like a microwave looking thing with holes for your feet instead of a door. Then it slowly heats while you sit very still with your feet, and the boot gets compressed and molded to your foot. Takes about 15-30 min and you just hang out. Once done, the cushioning inside should have a nice form fit to the contour of your feet.

If you have used skates I am not sure if you can bake them again if they have already. If not and they are new get them baked. Be sure you don't skate on them for at least 1 hour after they get baked. You need the glues to cool again so as not to mess up your skates. And if they are new skates go to where you bought them and ask if they will do it for you for free, since you bought new skates. If not you can probably expect to pay around $20-30 to bake them. If that's too rich for your blood, use the water trick I taught you. Not quite as effective but if you do it a couple times it should work great.

underrated29
02-25-2013, 12:29 AM
This brings ups a couple other things that you might want to know. The cut of your skate or sharpening radius. I like a lot of bite so I can hold my edges at top speed and cut on a dime. But it makes you slower and is harder to stop especially for newer skaters. I will do nothing less than 7/16ths cut. For a newer skater I would recommend a 5/8ths radius or less. You will have plenty of bite on your edges but the edges won't be nearly as tall thus making it easier for you to stop on your edges, glide faster, and the cut will last longer.

This also brings up the holder or tuuk.

Here is a link to a great website http://www.hockeymonkey.com/components.html

Most local stores will match their prices so I go local but when not, this place rocks. There are traditionally two different main kinds of carriers. The standard Easton/Bauer and the other one more commonly found on ccm skates.

The white plastic thing that holds your blade. One model at the toe side has something like 3 pillars in the shape of a triangle with space in between, the other is enclosed with no space and should be in the link shown. Those will also affect your skating. The 3 pillars one will let you glide easier and skate faster, maneuverability though is slightly lessened. More of the blade is on the ice.

Me personally, I am more concerned with being Able to cut and go and make sharp turns so I, for my skating style am not a fan of the 3 pillars style. Whatever the hell they are called. Lots of people like them and lots don't. Some don't even notice or know there is a difference. But it's something to be aware of as you are learning and getting going. There is a little more foot support with that style so you might like that better being a big guy.

Pudge
02-25-2013, 01:46 AM
My skates are new so I'll have to call scheels in Bismarck and check if the do that. Scheels sharpened them when I bought them but I had no clue about different ways they could do it.

Lots of good information though, I really appreciate it. I'm in Utah now so when I get back to North Dakota I'm going to look into a lot of the things you talked about. I still have to learn to skate a lot better though.

dogfish
02-25-2013, 02:25 AM
do all hockey players carry a sleeping bag, whisky and lube stashed somewhere in their car for emergencies, or is that just you?

BroncoNut
02-25-2013, 08:56 AM
I didn't know buff played hockey. Is that how he got that gap?

I ice skated for the first time since I can remember last thursday. I was on a ski trip and thursday wasn't the best day for the slopes. so our cabin went ice skating. I was pretty bad, but was getting the hang of it after a while. There were a couple of Russian women in our cabin that tried to henpeck me as I struggled. it really pissed me off and I would have none of it.

underrated29
02-25-2013, 11:25 AM
do all hockey players carry a sleeping bag, whisky and lube stashed somewhere in their car for emergencies, or is that just you?

:uh: Ugh, i have no idea what you are talking about. None whatsoever. :whistle:

underrated29
02-25-2013, 11:28 AM
My skates are new so I'll have to call scheels in Bismarck and check if the do that. Scheels sharpened them when I bought them but I had no clue about different ways they could do it.

Lots of good information though, I really appreciate it. I'm in Utah now so when I get back to North Dakota I'm going to look into a lot of the things you talked about. I still have to learn to skate a lot better though.

Yeah brother get those things baked. It will feel so much better for you and really contour to your foot.

SR
02-25-2013, 11:30 AM
This also brings up the holder or tuuk.

It's called a chassis, and Tuuk is just a brand.

SR
02-25-2013, 11:32 AM
Yeah brother get those things baked. It will feel so much better for you and really contour to your foot.

OR, he could buy a pair of Grafs and never worry about anything ever again. ;)

underrated29
02-25-2013, 11:39 AM
OR, he could buy a pair of Grafs and never worry about anything ever again. ;)

Dude, I still have my grafs from Senior year highschool. The boots are heavy as hell, but damn if those arent the most comfortable skates Ive ever had. Still in great condition too.

And yes, thats why I put it there so he would know what I was talking about. Carrier is also another name used around here.

Whats the name for the model with the 3 pillars in the triangle shape? For the life of me I can not think of it.

SR
02-25-2013, 02:39 PM
Dude, I still have my grafs from Senior year highschool. The boots are heavy as hell, but damn if those arent the most comfortable skates Ive ever had. Still in great condition too.

And yes, thats why I put it there so he would know what I was talking about. Carrier is also another name used around here.

Whats the name for the model with the 3 pillars in the triangle shape? For the life of me I can not think of it.

Cobra. That's what most Graf skates have on 'em.

I still have my Grafs from 2001. They're just regular old 705s. I went six years without skating from 2004 to 2010 and when I put them on again in 2010 it was just like they used to feel. No change. I'm probably gonna be getting rid of my gear here before long. I probably won't play hockey again.

Pudge
02-28-2013, 05:36 PM
I have a wood stick, what's so great about the composites. I know they are about $60 more than the wood

underrated29
02-28-2013, 10:50 PM
Cobra. That's what most Graf skates have on 'em.

I still have my Grafs from 2001. They're just regular old 705s. I went six years without skating from 2004 to 2010 and when I put them on again in 2010 it was just like they used to feel. No change. I'm probably gonna be getting rid of my gear here before long. I probably won't play hockey again.

Sorry to hear that man.

underrated29
02-28-2013, 11:03 PM
I have a wood stick, what's so great about the composites. I know they are about $60 more than the wood

They are a lot more than that. The wood sticks are nice because they are easy to flex , but the break easier. Much easier. They are also a lot heavier.

The one piece sticks are much lighter, which gives you a better feel for the puck and a better shot. They are also more accurate and soooooooooooooooo much stronger. Being new to the sport you likely wouldn't notice much of a difference but you would in weight and durability. If you paid around $60-$80 for a one piece stick it would probably last you for years. The wood would probably last a season, maybe two. (If you were to play in a league, beginners or anything). Sticks get beat up a lot.

Also the one piece sticks can come in a "grip" shaft. Which allows you a better grip with your lower hand. This makes a big difference. Some sticks have duel flex points in them and all kinds of crazy cool features. They really put a lot of science into these.

I would recommend a one piece composite stick but for anyone new to the sport I'd say just get something in the $60 range that you like. You won't need anything more than that and likely wouldn't notice the difference or upgrades until you have refined your skills. An older one piece will give you the durability you need and also be light which will help with stick handling.

dogfish
02-28-2013, 11:06 PM
what other stick handling tips do you have?

underrated29
02-28-2013, 11:16 PM
what other stick handling tips do you have?

Easy now buddy, this thread is not in the lounge.

weazel
03-01-2013, 01:34 PM
They are a lot more than that. The wood sticks are nice because they are easy to flex , but the break easier. Much easier. They are also a lot heavier.

The one piece sticks are much lighter, which gives you a better feel for the puck and a better shot. They are also more accurate and soooooooooooooooo much stronger. Being new to the sport you likely wouldn't notice much of a difference but you would in weight and durability. If you paid around $60-$80 for a one piece stick it would probably last you for years. The wood would probably last a season, maybe two. (If you were to play in a league, beginners or anything). Sticks get beat up a lot.

Also the one piece sticks can come in a "grip" shaft. Which allows you a better grip with your lower hand. This makes a big difference. Some sticks have duel flex points in them and all kinds of crazy cool features. They really put a lot of science into these.

I would recommend a one piece composite stick but for anyone new to the sport I'd say just get something in the $60 range that you like. You won't need anything more than that and likely wouldn't notice the difference or upgrades until you have refined your skills. An older one piece will give you the durability you need and also be light which will help with stick handling.

if you're new and just want to mess around, go to costco and get a composite there... 20 to 30 bucks

Pudge
03-02-2013, 02:22 AM
Thanks for the info, I bought my Wood stick for $25 so I'll stick with it (no pun intended) until I break it or feel that I get good enough to actually play a real game of hockey. I was just curious about it. Mainly my stick is used to help me catch myself when I almost fall

shank
03-02-2013, 10:01 AM
and someone else I thought.

you suck

underrated29
03-02-2013, 03:34 PM
you suck

Lol

Was it you? My bad

Pudge
03-06-2013, 12:29 AM
I read somewhere the pizza grease makes you skate faster, and it's convenient way to cut pizza as well. Is this true?

underrated29
03-06-2013, 12:47 AM
I have never hear of that before.

What's the theory? That the grease lines the hollow of the blade preventing the ice and water to build up thus allowing a smoother skating surface while still keeping your edges intact?

Who knows. I do know two things though in regards to that.
1. My pizza always come pre-sliced
2. With how freaking dirty your blades get, I don't want them anywhere near my food.

Pudge
03-06-2013, 12:57 AM
Haha I was just B.S.ing you, I just saw that picture and thought it was funny

Ravage!!!
03-06-2013, 12:27 PM
I have a question.

How is it that this sport is still around when no one watches?

underrated29
03-06-2013, 01:24 PM
I have a question.

How is it that this sport is still around when no one watches?

The same rules and principles that apply to the chargers and raiders are the same rules and principles that answer your question. Golf too.

Ravage!!!
03-09-2013, 02:54 PM
The same rules and principles that apply to the chargers and raiders are the same rules and principles that answer your question. Golf too.

Actually... Golf is MUCH MUCH more popular, and actually gets on TV.

Poet
03-09-2013, 03:01 PM
Why must you attack our hockey?

SR
03-09-2013, 03:08 PM
actually... Golf is much much more popular, and actually gets on tv.

gfy

underrated29
03-09-2013, 04:40 PM
Actually... Golf is MUCH MUCH more popular, and actually gets on TV.

I don't buy it. Set up a poll. Ask people to name 5 golfers without looking them up and ask them to name 5 hockey players without looking up. See who gets more names....

MOtorboat
03-09-2013, 04:48 PM
I don't buy it. Set up a poll. Ask people to name 5 golfers without looking them up and ask them to name 5 hockey players without looking up. See who gets more names....

They are going to get the golfers...

SR
03-09-2013, 04:53 PM

To be fair, I don't like golf and I could name at least five.

underrated29
03-09-2013, 05:30 PM
Woods, Michelson, Nicholas, those are the only three I know.

MOtorboat
03-09-2013, 05:39 PM
Woods, Michelson, Nicholas, those are the only three I know.

I think you'd be surprised how popular golf is. But I don't want to turn your hockey thread into golf vs. hockey.

SR
03-09-2013, 06:46 PM
I think you'd be surprised how popular golf is. But I don't want to turn your hockey thread into golf vs. hockey.

Naturally

Pudge
03-09-2013, 07:22 PM
Tiger woods and Arnold Palmer are the only two I know.

SR
03-09-2013, 07:33 PM
Tiger woods and Arnold Palmer are the only two I know.

Cool bro. Hockey thread.

underrated29
03-09-2013, 07:57 PM
Golf I'd all my dad watched. Can't stand it when I go to his house, but yes......

This is a more important thread. A hockey thread.

Poet
03-09-2013, 09:51 PM
What makes the Anaheim Ducks so good?

Pudge
03-10-2013, 06:23 PM
I went skating today for about an hour and I'm sore. I only fell three times, but one time it really hurt. I'm getting better though, I think I'm the next Sidney Crosby. They are shutting the rink down for the year but they are building a new one that will be open year round, not sure when though. I guess in Bismarck they have one open year round so I'll probably go over there every so often

SR
03-10-2013, 07:04 PM
I went skating today for about an hour and I'm sore. I only fell three times, but one time it really hurt. I'm getting better though, I think I'm the next Sidney Crosby. They are shutting the rink down for the year but they are building a new one that will be open year round, not sure when though. I guess in Bismarck they have one open year round so I'll probably go over there every so often

It's been about a year since I skated last. I pretty much quit playing hockey, but I'm still a wealth of knowledge. How big are you height and weight wise? If you want some gear I've got everything you need in really good condition if you'd fit.

Pudge
03-10-2013, 07:18 PM
I'm 5'8 and 250, why don't you skate anymore? It hurts learning but I love it so far

SR
03-10-2013, 07:26 PM
I'm 5'8 and 250, why don't you skate anymore? It hurts learning but I love it so far

I'm 5'11", 200lbs or so. My gear would probably fit you.

I just got bored with it. I don't like playing in men's rec leagues with no contact. There's no competitiveness. The only time i have played competitive hockey as an adult was November 2010 when I played in an Armed Forces tourney in Vegas. It just bores me.

Pudge
03-10-2013, 07:37 PM
Where is it you live? I know you're right behind me on the jersey list. I'd be interested, what gear do you have

SR
03-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Where is it you live? I know you're right behind me on the jersey list. I'd be interested, what gear do you have

Rapid City.

I have Graf breezers, elbow pads, and chin pads, and an Itech chest protector. The Graf stuff was only skated in for a year or so. I would cut you a SOLID deal on that stuff.

Pudge
03-10-2013, 09:18 PM
I'm a ways from needing that stuff, right now my main concern is staying up right but if the price is right I definitely would be interested

SR
03-10-2013, 09:25 PM
I'm a ways from needing that stuff, right now my main concern is staying up right but if the price is right I definitely would be interested

$100 plus shipping for all of it.

Pudge
03-10-2013, 09:40 PM
Holy crap, I'm on it like blue bonnet. Might have to wait until the 22nd I have blown way too much money the past couple weeks

SR
03-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Holy crap, I'm on it like blue bonnet. Might have to wait until the 22nd I have blown way too much money the past couple weeks

That makes two of us. It'll cost me a grip to package it but just let me know. Ill take pictures and stuff at some point in the next little bit. I have a busy week coming up.

Pudge
03-10-2013, 10:06 PM
Awesome, thanks. I'll let you know when I'm ready or remind me. I get forgetful

SR
03-11-2013, 08:21 AM
Awesome, thanks. I'll let you know when I'm ready or remind me. I get forgetful

Absolutely

weazel
03-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Americans treat hockey like McDonalds and Nickelback... they say they dont like it because it's the popular thing to do but secretly dont mind it at all.

McDonalds sells billions of burgers but nobody eats there... yeah that makes sense.
Nickelback has sold a billion albums but nobody listens to their music... yep, sounds legit to me.
NHL is selling out arenas it never used to get 5000 people in, getting bigger and better ratings every year on American networks and just signed a large contract with NBC but nobody watches it... ya ok.

SR
03-11-2013, 01:02 PM
Americans treat hockey like McDonalds and Nickelback... they say they dont like it because it's the popular thing to do but secretly dont mind it at all.

McDonalds sells billions of burgers but nobody eats there... yeah that makes sense.
Nickelback has sold a billion albums but nobody listens to their music... yep, sounds legit to me.
NHL is selling out arenas it never used to get 5000 people in, getting bigger and better ratings every year on American networks and just signed a large contract with NBC but nobody watches it... ya ok.

It's not "Americans". Obviously. Don't be a dick and lump us all together when it comes to hockey.

weazel
03-11-2013, 01:12 PM
It's not "Americans". Obviously. Don't be a dick and lump us all together when it comes to hockey.

most...

I will lump Canadians as a whole... as a whole, 95% of us dont give a shit about the NBA and couldnt care less if it was around.

underrated29
03-11-2013, 01:43 PM

To be fair I will NOT ever eat Mcdonalds. I hate it, refuse to eat there. And I also do not like nickelback. I like the one rockstar song mainly because of the music video.

SR
03-11-2013, 06:08 PM
To be fair I will NOT ever eat Mcdonalds. I hate it, refuse to eat there. And I also do not like nickelback. I like the one rockstar song mainly because of the music video.

WTF is wrong with you? McDonald's is awesome. Oh wait. You're the American weazel was talking about.

dogfish
03-13-2013, 02:07 AM
WTF is wrong with you? McDonald's is awesome. Oh wait. You're the American weazel was talking about.

come on, meng! mcdonals is pure babyshit, and an evil corporation to boot. . . if you're gonna indulge in fast food (i do, sometimes), at least seek out somethin' better than the bud light equivalent that is mcdonalds. . .

also. . . i used to watch a lot of hockey-- but two lockouts and other NHL bullshit later, i can say with one-hundred percent honesty that i haven't watched a hockey game in several years. . . still a cool game, but i can't muster interest in the NHL anymore. . . todd bertuzzi's relatively easy reinstatement to the game after the steve moore incident was the beginning of the end for me, i think. . .

Poet
03-13-2013, 01:18 PM
McDonald's is far from an evil corporation. I typically go there for McRibs, and when those bad boys aren't around, I grab some occasional nuggets.

Regardless, hockey is awesome! The sport doesn't lose quality just because rich guys argue with rich guys. I thoroughly enjoy every game I watch. Granted I'm lucky to watch a really good product.

shank
03-15-2013, 04:37 AM
i love hockey, hate mcdonalds, love golf, hate nickleback.

underrated29
03-15-2013, 09:56 AM
i love hockey, hate mcdonalds, love golf, hate nickleback.

Do you watch golf on tv though? I love golfing but I hate watching it on tv.

shank
03-18-2013, 10:23 PM
i don't love watching golf but don't hate it. i generally have something better to do than watch golf.

Dapper Dan
03-21-2013, 02:52 AM
Can you get a general understanding of the game by playing a video game like NHL 11? I'm just talking positions, etc.

shank
03-21-2013, 03:09 AM
Can you get a general understanding of the game by playing a video game like NHL 11? I'm just talking positions, etc.

along with watching the real thing, yes. if you don't know how real hockey is played, you won't play a video game in a realistic manner (meaning very fast paced, focusing more on fast breaks and not much passing). for the most part, hockey is about patience, passing, and setting up good opportunities to score. fast breaks and odd-man rushes are not how the majority of goals are scored.

If you can go to games to watch live, it'll be even better to help your understanding of the game. much more beneficial to see the entire ice and see how the players move than it is to watch on tv where they focus only on the puck.

U29 what league do you play on? someday i really want to get back on the ice, just don't have the time/money right now.

SR
03-21-2013, 07:51 AM

You can get a general understanding of the game using Skittles if you really wanted to. Hockey isn't that hard to understand.

MOtorboat
03-21-2013, 10:40 AM
You can get a general understanding of the game using Skittles if you really wanted to. Hockey isn't that hard to understand.

Yeah, I mean, U29 plays it...