PDA

View Full Version : I love Seattle this week (Rex GROSSman to start)

Medford Bronco
11-14-2007, 08:19 PM
Rex old Rex is starting.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ak1qPrubYURK4yckUP6P76Y5nYcB?slug=ap-bearsquarterbacks&prov=ap&type=lgns

he played well last week, Its time for him to fall flat
as he is the one of the most up and down QBs
of all time. he is like the stock market, you never
know what you are going to get. I say most often
bad

Grossman to start in place of injured Griese on Sunday in Seattle

By RICK GANO, AP Sports Writer
November 14, 2007

LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) -- Rex Grossman has his job back as the Chicago Bears' starting quarterback. At least for one week. He'll replace the injured Brian Griese in Sunday's game in Seattle.

Bears coach Lovie Smith made the announcement Wednesday. Griese's injury wasn't the only consideration.

"Everything is based on one basic thing: who gives us the best chance to win this week? You take injuries, you take performance, you take everything into play," Smith said.

"That's what we did coming to this conclusion."

Grossman relieved after Griese went down with a sprained left shoulder against Oakland on Sunday and threw a go-ahead 59-yard TD pass to Bernard Berrian to lead the Bears to a 17-6 victory.

Even though he's not guaranteed the starter's role past this Sunday, Grossman said he hopes to be No. 1 for the remainder of the season.

"I'm trying to keep this job for the rest of the season, I think that's a given. I've already been benched, what are they going to do to me? I've been there and I don't want to go back," Grossman said.

"I'm just excited about going out and playing football and not worrying about the repercussions of it."

Smith said he liked the way Grossman gave the offense a boost against the Raiders. He completed 7-for-14 passes for 142 yards after a shaky start when he fumbled his first snap. Griese was hurt late in the first half.

So why not commit to Grossman beyond this week? Smith's reason is this: the Bears are in a different situation than they were when he first benched Grossman in favor of Griese. They're 4-5 and have no room for error or erratic play with their chances for making the postseason so slim.

"Rex is starting this weekend. And I can't look into the future any more than that and I'm not going to," Smith said.

"It's not to that point where a guy has to worry about being yanked after one play. But in the same sense as our football team goes, every play is important. We need everyone to perform at a certain level."

During practice Wednesday at Halas Hall, Grossman took snaps with the first team, while Griese was in a baseball cap. Griese told reporters he hoped to practice Thursday and be able to play Sunday, but that's not the scenario Smith mapped out.

Smith said both QBs had been informed of the switch.

How about the unwritten rule in the NFL that a starter doesn't lose his job because of an injury?

"There is and there isn't. This it the NFL. Nothing is guaranteed, right?" Griese said.

"What I know is that I had an injury on Sunday, and that it feels better today and I'm going to be ready to play."

Griese has completed 62 percent of his passes and has nine TD passes with 10 interceptions, including four in one game against Detroit. Chicago is 3-3 in games he has started.

Grossman has completed 52 percent with two TD passes and six interceptions. The Bears are 1-2 with him as a starter this season.

Griese's QB rating is 77.1, Grossman's 53.9

Grossman, who struggled in the Super Bowl loss to the Colts, said he picked up some details while watching from the sideline the past six games. He acknowledged it was tough not playing.

Now he's got another chance.

"It's not really that much pressure for me. I didn't even know if I was going to play again," he said.

"Just go out there and play like it's recess and just have fun. You never know if you're going to have this opportunity again to play with this team, so I'm excited about that."

Grossman's contract expires after this season but that's not a major consideration for the former first-round draft choice when takes the field in Seattle. He even joked about it.

"I've probably missed the boat on the big one," he said.

Grossman led the Bears to two victories over the Seahawks last season, including one in the playoffs. But both of those games were in Chicago. He'll make his comeback in one of the NFL's loudest stadiums: Qwest Field.

Seattle quarterback Matt Hasselbeck said he was worn out following the Seahawks' Super Bowl season two years ago because it lasted so long.

Grossman said that's not the problem or why he got off to such a slow start this year.

"I had plenty of time to rest and get my mind off that season. That's not an excuse for me," he said.

"Not playing is not fun. That's all that was, and hopefully I've been able to observe things from a different perspective and hopefully I'll benefit from that."

Poet
11-15-2007, 12:09 AM
The Seahawks are garbage and need SA to beat anyone good.Heck, even if he comes back I woudl still take the Bears because SA appears to be over the hill.I pick the Bears, and I predict a decent game by Rexie.

Medford Bronco
11-15-2007, 09:40 AM
The Seahawks are garbage and need SA to beat anyone good.Heck, even if he comes back I woudl still take the Bears because SA appears to be over the hill.I pick the Bears, and I predict a decent game by Rexie.

Rex Grossman will trip in warmup over his laces :laugh:

Seahawks 24 Bears 14

Rex throws 2 picks and one for a TD.

2nd worst QB in he NFL behind Tavaras jackson.

Poet
11-15-2007, 09:58 AM
Rex Grossman will trip in warmup over his laces :laugh:

Seahawks 24 Bears 14

Rex throws 2 picks and one for a TD.

2nd worst QB in he NFL behind Tavaras jackson.

I see your Tavarious Jackson and raise you the first and second stringer of the Ravens!

Grossman will lead the Bears to a victory of Seattle. Seattle gets punished by physical teams, and while the bears are not very good they get up in your grill.

Medford Bronco
11-15-2007, 10:29 AM
I see your Tavarious Jackson and raise you the first and second stringer of the Ravens!

Grossman will lead the Bears to a victory of Seattle. Seattle gets punished by physical teams, and while the bears are not very good they get up in your grill.

I see where you are going but with Rex messing up,
I see them losing.

Seattle should win at home vs a decimated defense IMO.

not that they are good by any stretch. best of a pathetic NFC West
right now, although I would love to see the Cards get in at 9-7.
More likealble to me.

Poet
11-15-2007, 10:34 AM
I see where you are going but with Rex messing up,
I see them losing.

Seattle should win at home vs a decimated defense IMO.

not that they are good by any stretch. best of a pathetic NFC West
right now, although I would love to see the Cards get in at 9-7.
More likealble to me.

I don't think that Seattle is a mentally tough team. It took them years to finally play the Rams tough, even though several times they had the better team. They played the Steelers this year and it was supposed to be this epic rematch....it was an epic day to have the Steelers RBs and defense that day. I would agree that right now the Seahawks are a better team, but I stand by my pick. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Seattle has no one to stop the mighty man himself........DITKA!!!!!!!!!

sneakers
11-18-2007, 05:56 AM
I can't wait for Grossman to start against us! :hungry:

SR
11-18-2007, 06:30 AM
I hope the Bears win...helps my Cardinals.

Poet
11-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Well, the Hawks won, but it wasn't because of Grossman.

Medford Bronco
11-18-2007, 11:20 PM
Well, the Hawks won, but it wasn't because of Grossman.

It was because Matt Hasselback had a good day :salute: