PDA

View Full Version : how I hope the offseason goes.

BroncoBowlby 88
02-17-2013, 08:21 PM
I like the way the FO has been conducting business the past 2 years, and here are some ideas I think would work for this offseason.

MLB- I think this will be Nate Irving's year. Lots of good MLB's in the 1st round range, but I think we will look interior on either line with our 1st pick. Irving was hurt by the lockout but has had a few years to learn the system an will command the middle of the D well. And learning from Brooking could only help. Any player drafted at this position will be for special teams, competition and depth.

RB- One of the few positions I think Denver should shy away from in FA. We have a solid stable of backs already but we need to look to the future. Moreno showed promise but he can't stay healthy for a whole season it seems, Hillman has a wealth of talent but doesn't have the skill set to carry the whole load, McGahee is the workhorse type but is running on fumes and maybe has a year left. I think there are a lot of quality backs to be had in the 2nd and 3rd rounds one of my favorites would be Montee Ball one of the most prolific backs in college and could be the feature back we've been looking for since TD. Other guys I would love to see in blue and orange would be Eddie Lacy who comes from a system that has been shooting out quality backs for the past couple of years and has the size and speed combo you look for in a back, and Stepfan Taylor has been running well for Stanford for the last 3 years and would be a quality and smart addition to the backfield.

DT/CB- I think we go either way here with our 1st pick. I like the big fella Jonhthan Jenkins he has the size that Del Rio look for in his DT's coming in at around 359lbs he could take all the blockers we need for Vondoom to do what they do best and cause hell in the back field. I also like Johnathon Banks CB out of Mississippi State he is a quality starter right out of the draft, with Champ not getting any younger we could use a solid star for the next 10 years. We have quality guys in Harris and Carter but Banks is the playmaker we need.

FA- I think the draft should be BPA and use free agency to fill position of needs or just players to get us over the top. I like Dwight Freeney, even though he is 32 and on his last leg we would be able to use him sparingly on only on passing situations, he would also be back in his natural position with his hand in the dirt and would just be another sack machine that would take up blockers an let Von and doom get to work. Finally I would like to see a burner like Mike Wallace coming to Denver, giving us a true deep threat an just adding to an already dangerous offense.

Superchop 7
02-17-2013, 09:49 PM
Seymour and Collie would be my FA's.

Broncos are not going MLB in the draft, surprising to me because Irving plays better in space, head scratcher.

RB's are solid but later in the draft I am picking up Leveon Bell. (Dynamic fullback type sets)

DTs are a big priority for this team in the draft, CB play depends on the rushing ability of the team, 2 of my first 3 picks are DT.

Improving the o-line depth is on my priority list in the draft.