PDA

View Full Version : Here is something kind of sad...

scott.475
08-23-2009, 10:46 AM
I just went to the online store, both NFL and Broncos, because we badly need new jerseys and other swag, and Royal is the only jersey I can even get a little excited about buying. I might go Bailey, but who knows how much longer he will be around. Maybe Moreno? How many Orton jerseys do you think they will sell? Really is kind of sad, you know.

Northman
08-23-2009, 11:19 AM
To be honest, ive never bought a new jersey. I still have my Davis, Elway, and Sharpe ones but with so many player mercenaries in today's NFL i just dont feel confident enough to buy one. At one point i probably would of bought a Cutler one but thank god i didnt.

tumbana
08-23-2009, 11:33 AM
Why not get Bailey? He's a HOF legend and is one of the best Broncos in history. It would be no different than getting an Atwater or Elway jersey in that regard.

Superchop 7
08-23-2009, 11:38 AM
They need to get Hillis on the market.

LRtagger
08-23-2009, 11:42 AM
Same here...i ended up folding and buying the Royal jersey, but I really wanted Hillis.

Moreno would be a good buy, but you are right...Marshall and Dawkins jerseys don't really do much for me at this point.

I'm surprised Clady jerseys are not in full circulation.

I would love to custom order a jersey with someone like Woodyard, Larsen, Hillis, etc...but I can't bring myself to spend nearly $300 on a jersey that is not game worn or at the least game issued.

I got my sewn on Royal jersey for $30

scott.475
08-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Same here...i ended up folding and buying the Royal jersey, but I really wanted Hillis.

Moreno would be a good buy, but you are right...Marshall and Dawkins jerseys don't really do much for me at this point.

I'm surprised Clady jerseys are not in full circulation.

I would love to custom order a jersey with someone like Woodyard, Larsen, Hillis, etc...but I can't bring myself to spend nearly $300 on a jersey that is not game worn or at the least game issued.

I got my sewn on Royal jersey for $30

Did you write something? I can never see past your avatar, good heavens.

Shazam!
08-23-2009, 12:00 PM
After burning money on a Plummer and authentic Cutler, I will never buy jerseys from active players again.

LRtagger
08-23-2009, 12:06 PM
After burning money on a Plummer and authentic Cutler, I will never buy jerseys from active players again.

That was my thought process as well...and the reason I bought Royal...I figured it was a pretty safe bet.

Requiem / The Dagda
08-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Anyone here gonna get a custom, "McDummy" or "McHomo" jersey with the double zero on it to ridicule McDaniels?

Shazam!
08-23-2009, 12:11 PM
That was my thought process as well...and the reason I bought Royal...I figured it was a pretty safe bet.

I have my first Elway jersey from 1986 (and it looks 20+ years old) and two 'Player of the Century' bootleg throwbacks, a McCaffrey, a Sharpe, a replithentic Bailey, and the rest I gave away because they didn't fit anymore. I will not waste money on jerseys.

shank
08-23-2009, 12:15 PM
eddie, peyton, clady, harris, woodyard, williams, dumervil, moreno are all purchasable names IMO (if you could find some of those).

SR
08-23-2009, 12:18 PM
I still have my TD, John Mobley, Eddie Mac, Atwater, and Romanowski jerseys. I've got four Cutler jerseys, two Champ jerseys, and I am looking for a Hillis or Royal jersey. My friend Jana has a really nice throwback Elway jersey that her friend in Korea shipped her. THAT is what I'd like.

LRtagger
08-23-2009, 12:20 PM
eddie, peyton, clady, harris, woodyard, williams, dumervil, moreno are all purchasable names IMO (if you could find some of those).

Eddie is the only one you can really find. Moreno is out there, but not as heavily just yet.

From what I saw jersey shopping, the jerseys that are easily attainable without having to custom order are:

Royal
Champ
Moreno
Dawkins
Marshall
Cutler
Selvin

and then of course Elway, Atwater, Davis

Obviously more people are not going to buy Cutler or Selvin and most people are staying away from Marshall's jersey right now.

LRtagger
08-23-2009, 12:22 PM
I still have my TD, John Mobley, Eddie Mac, Atwater, and Romanowski jerseys. I've got four Cutler jerseys, two Champ jerseys, and I am looking for a Hillis or Royal jersey. My friend Jana has a really nice throwback Elway jersey that her friend in Korea shipped her. THAT is what I'd like.

Here ya go :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/1994-Broncos-7-John-Elway-Game-Worn-Jersey_W0QQitemZ320276518089QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4a91f7d4c9&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

rationalfan
08-23-2009, 12:35 PM
I just went to the online store, both NFL and Broncos, because we badly need new jerseys and other swag, and Royal is the only jersey I can even get a little excited about buying. I might go Bailey, but who knows how much longer he will be around. Maybe Moreno? How many Orton jerseys do you think they will sell? Really is kind of sad, you know.

what's sad is that you feel the need to hitch your pride to a player. why not just buy a "broncos" sweater or like item and attach your allegiance to the team. the players will always change. the team will not.

GEM
08-23-2009, 01:25 PM
I got my Royal jersey yesterday. :rockon: My next one is a personalized Hillis jersey, cause who knows when they'll get around to merchandising that one. Next one after that is Clady. :D I don't go for the $200-300 jerseys. If I spent that kind of money, I wouldn't wear the thing. I go for the cheaper versions so that I can wear them on Sundays.

Tned
08-23-2009, 01:28 PM
Anyone here gonna get a custom, "McDummy" or "McHomo" jersey with the double zero on it to ridicule McDaniels?

The number double zero is already in use. That's Miles number, so I McDaniels will have to get another number.

SR
08-23-2009, 02:10 PM
Here ya go :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/1994-Broncos-7-John-Elway-Game-Worn-Jersey_W0QQitemZ320276518089QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4a91f7d4c9&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

I actually just bought this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390081379516&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

There's no way in hell I'd spend that kind of money on a jersey. Ever. I don't have that kind of money to blow on something like that anyway!

If Brandon Marshall's Bronco future was secure, I would have bought the AFL jersey for this year or his ProBowl jersey from last year I saw on Ebay.

LRtagger
08-23-2009, 02:50 PM
I actually just bought this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390081379516&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

There's no way in hell I'd spend that kind of money on a jersey. Ever. I don't have that kind of money to blow on something like that anyway!

If Brandon Marshall's Bronco future was secure, I would have bought the AFL jersey for this year or his ProBowl jersey from last year I saw on Ebay.

Haha I know I was just messin with ya. That Elway one is a game worn jersey hence the price. There are a couple game issued and auto'd jerseys on ebay for around $300. I think Al, Pryce, Atwater, and maybe Lynch too

I think there is an auto'd Dwill game jersey on there too for $5g's

Poet
08-23-2009, 03:11 PM

You just gotta find the right one. For instance, even when Chad Johnson was...well Chad Johnson (insert irritation here), I never bought his jersey because he was a goofy WR who I figured was prone to...well...you know what I mean.

I went with a Palmer one. If I had to buy a Broncos jersey and drop mega bucks on it I would go with Clady. The guy signed his contract when he was a rookie with little fanfare and is a team guy who produces. There may come a time where something like a contract issue pops up, but I think if that happens it would be similar to Hines Ward's contract issue with Pittsburgh a few years back as opposed to a Marshall/Boldin/Ocho type deal.

Moreno would be a poor choice in the same sense that every rookie is a poor choice for a jersey. Moreno could go Adrian Peterson on the NFL. He could also go Joseph Addai on the NFL; or even worse he could go Ki-Jana Carter.

Poet
08-23-2009, 03:15 PM
what's sad is that you feel the need to hitch your pride to a player. why not just buy a "broncos" sweater or like item and attach your allegiance to the team. the players will always change. the team will not.

Because at the end of the day players make up the franchise. I mean that in every sense, literally.

The face of your franchise is not Terrell Davis or Bowlen, it's John Elway. It will ALWAYS be that way. What was Elway? He was a player. Last year the face of your franchise in the sense of active players was Jay Cutler. Now it's probably Clady (in regards to fans who really follow the team) or, unfortunately Marshall.

A sweater/hoody/hat/ doesn't have the same feel as a jersey does. Players don't wear sweaters/hats/hoodies on the field when they play.

I apologize for double posting.

LRtagger
08-23-2009, 03:16 PM
I got my Royal jersey yesterday. :rockon: My next one is a personalized Hillis jersey, cause who knows when they'll get around to merchandising that one. Next one after that is Clady. :D I don't go for the $200-300 jerseys. If I spent that kind of money, I wouldn't wear the thing. I go for the cheaper versions so that I can wear them on Sundays.

you bitch! I ordered my alt orange on Monday and haven't got it yet :mad:

j3phr3y
08-23-2009, 03:45 PM
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h273/j3phr3y/hoch.jpg

sneakers
08-23-2009, 03:46 PM
I have a darrant williams jersey

Broncos Mtnman
08-23-2009, 03:58 PM

Here's another "sad" point....

As of 4 days ago, Cutler's Bears jersey is the number one selling jersey in the NFL.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/18/jay-cutlers-jersey-is-the_n_262110.html

Ravage!!!
08-23-2009, 04:09 PM
how can you be a "hall of fame legend" when you haven't even been inducted into the HoF yet????

LRtagger
08-23-2009, 04:13 PM
I bet a lot of Ryan Leaf jerseys sold at one point.

Poet
08-23-2009, 04:14 PM
Here's another "sad" point....

As of 4 days ago, Cutler's Bears jersey is the number one selling jersey in the NFL.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/18/jay-cutlers-jersey-is-the_n_262110.html

You're right, it is sad that so many people have bad taste.

scott.475
08-23-2009, 04:24 PM

Oh come on, that is a little off the mark. I am a Bronco fan and always will be, have been since birth really, but the hook got me for real when I was 7 and we went to our first SB. If I simply wanted a sweater or hat I would get those, and I have several, but it is still fun to be able to wear the jersey of an active player on game day, and if I am going to drop the money on a few jerseys I would just like to be at least a little excited about it.

Anyway, I think I will go with Royal and Bailey, then grab up Hillis and Clady if they come available.

MOtorboat
08-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Oh come on, that is a little off the mark. I am a Bronco fan and always will be, have been since birth really, but the hook got me for real when I was 7 and we went to our first SB. If I simply wanted a sweater or hat I would get those, and I have several, but it is still fun to be able to wear the jersey of an active player on game day, and if I am going to drop the money on a few jerseys I would just like to be at least a little excited about it.

Anyway, I think I will go with Royal and Bailey, then grab up Hillis and Clady if they come available.

If you really want a Hillis Jersey, just get one...

http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[HILLIS]&set=key[number],value[22]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p2754889_customback.chain]

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2252442

GEM
08-23-2009, 05:09 PM
If you really want a Hillis Jersey, just get one...

http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[HILLIS]&set=key[number],value[22]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p2754889_customback.chain]

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2252442

I recommended that to someone on here and they did it. Cheap way to go about it too. :D

EastCoastBronco
08-23-2009, 05:14 PM

Just get one with your own name on the back of it. That's more legit anyway. You're still representin' and you can be sure that the guy whose name is on your jersey won't be switchin teams anytime soon...;-)

frauschieze
08-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Just get one with your own name on the back of it. That's more legit anyway. You're still representin' and you can be sure that the guy whose name is on your jersey won't be switchin teams anytime soon...;-)

Last year, I debated back and forth on whether I should get a Leach jersey (because really, how cool is that? No one reps Leach and he was a lock to stick around) and a frau schieze jersey.

In the end, I went with Frau, and low and behold, Leach is shockingly gone.

I bought my daughter a Cutler jersey, in pink sparkles, instead of a Bailey one, bought it a bit large so she could wear it a few years. I thought for sure Cutler would be around longer than Bailey. Who's safer than the franchise quarterback?

Look at how that turned out.

Magnificent Seven
08-23-2009, 05:42 PM

I would highly recommend John Elway's jersey. Play it safe.

SR
08-23-2009, 07:58 PM
That's why I got another Atwater jersey.

Simple Jaded
08-23-2009, 08:12 PM
It's not about selling jersey's, it's about building a team full of team-first scrubs, buy a Hoodie if you want to show your support.......

SmilinAssasSin27
08-23-2009, 08:27 PM
Both my Cutler and my Javon jerseys were all bootleg, but that is still a total of $120 I'll never get back. I'm gonna put Sharpe's name plate on the back of the Walker one, but when will we have a #6 worth altering a jersey for?

MasterShake
08-23-2009, 08:35 PM

Thats what I did. Hardest part was picking a number, so I went with my birth year (78) so me and Clady have something in common. It was expensive, but probably the best jersey I ever purchased! Nothing feels like the game day jerseys, I bought one for my dad too last Christmas. My only other jersey is a Bailey replica away jersey I bought about 3 years ago.

Sadly, I too have a Cutler and Plummer in my closet somewhere...I found a site that sells you letters and numbers to replace on your jersey but I can't sew to save my life! :lol:

I also just bought a hoodie that is the same one McDaniels was wearing on the sideline last night. Maybe I should cut the sleeves off of it and bite my lip a lot when answering questions.

scott.475
08-24-2009, 09:32 AM
Both my Cutler and my Javon jerseys were all bootleg, but that is still a total of $120 I'll never get back. I'm gonna put Sharpe's name plate on the back of the Walker one, but when will we have a #6 worth altering a jersey for?

Well, you could use a Sharpie to turn the 6 in an 8 and BINGO!, Orton jersey!

Nature Boy
08-24-2009, 12:29 PM

Let's all take a moment and have a quiet collective thank to Pat Bowlen aka Al Davis.

BroncoNut
08-24-2009, 01:16 PM

very rational rationalfan :salute:

Requiem / The Dagda
08-24-2009, 01:20 PM
I only have one Broncos jersey and it's a Bailey one that my ex-girlfriend bought me several Christmas' ago. I wear it if I'm playing a pick-up football game with friends and on an occasional football game. I also wore it during the draft the year we took Moss, Crowder, Harris and Thomas. Other than that, I think jersey's are a waste -- unless you're getting a classic from a phenomenal player like Elway, etc.