PDA

View Full Version : Broncos will reportedly add physical tailback to stable

Magnificent Seven
02-14-2013, 08:51 PM
If the Broncos turn to the draft, Alabama's Eddie Lacy is the premier big-back available. He may not be available at pick No. 28, however. Other options include South Carolina's Marcus Lattimore, Stanford's Stepfan Taylor, Michigan State's Le'Veon Bell, and Arkansas' Knile Davis. The top veteran free agents are Shonn Greene and Steven Jackson, whose future in St. Louis remains uncertain.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000139339/article/broncos-will-reportedly-add-physical-tailback-to-stable

cmc0605
02-14-2013, 09:42 PM
Maybe, but I don't get why people get paid to say nothing.

The article cited in the line "the Denver Post has intimated three times in the past week that the Broncos are on the hunt for a tailback with size" doesn't actually say that, it is more of a summary of the runningback position, and stated that the "Broncos must make a decision at the runningback position" (duh). In any event, teams never actually announce who they want or even what position they want in the first round.

While I agree we need depth at RB, the arguments in these articles are not very convincing. We did not lose the Baltimore game because of poor running, Hillman actually played decently. And Moreno proved to be a very good back over the second half of the season...I don't see how a game-ending (nothing more) injury is going to have big implications going forward. In any event, there are clearly much bigger needs in the first round. Maybe in later rounds the Broncos could add a bigger back, but with the quality of these arguments, you could write an article stating that the Broncos are going to add [insert position here]. Who knows, eventually you'll get it right.

Dapper Dan
02-14-2013, 09:52 PM

The article cited in the line "the Denver Post has intimated three times in the past week that the Broncos are on the hunt for a tailback with size" doesn't actually say that, it is more of a summary of the runningback position, and stated that the "Broncos must make a decision at the runningback position" (duh). In any event, teams never actually announce who they want or even what position they want in the first round.

While I agree we need depth at RB, the arguments in these articles are not very convincing. We did not lose the Baltimore game because of poor running, Hillman actually played decently. And Moreno proved to be a very good back over the second half of the season...I don't see how a game-ending (nothing more) injury is going to have big implications going forward. In any event, there are clearly much bigger needs in the first round. Maybe in later rounds the Broncos could add a bigger back, but with the quality of these arguments, you could write an article stating that the Broncos are going to add [insert position here]. Who knows, eventually you'll get it right.

I was thinking the same thing when I read that. It made it seem like because Moreno got hurt in that game that Denver will now get rid of him.

underrated29
02-14-2013, 10:00 PM
Send a 2nd to Carolina for Stewie. Ey have 3 backs making like 30 mil next year. They could cut one or gain a 2 but giving me Stewart. (Yes, I know deangelo is the guy they are likely to cut as Stewie is their guy, but if we could get Stewart I guarantee Super Bowl for us.

wayninja
02-14-2013, 11:55 PM
This headline almost makes it sound like the players are going to grow tails for balance. Maybe I'm tired.

Poet
02-14-2013, 11:59 PM
Send a 2nd to Carolina for Stewie. Ey have 3 backs making like 30 mil next year. They could cut one or gain a 2 but giving me Stewart. (Yes, I know deangelo is the guy they are likely to cut as Stewie is their guy, but if we could get Stewart I guarantee Super Bowl for us.

Stewart is nothing special at all.

Tebowtime2011
02-15-2013, 12:54 AM
Send a 2nd to Carolina for Stewie. Ey have 3 backs making like 30 mil next year. They could cut one or gain a 2 but giving me Stewart. (Yes, I know deangelo is the guy they are likely to cut as Stewie is their guy, but if we could get Stewart I guarantee Super Bowl for us. he is not worth a 2nd, a 4th at best and I would rather trade for Fred Jackson, he would give better results

underrated29
02-15-2013, 01:14 AM
Stewart is nothing special at all.

You're nothing special at all. Stevie is a boss and in the right system he'd be gold.

He's always dinged up tho

Poet
02-15-2013, 01:44 AM
You're nothing special at all. Stevie is a boss and in the right system he'd be gold.

He's always dinged up tho

No, he's not. He is an average to above average RB. Nothing at him screams elite or great. He would implode after one 350 touch season. He is not a stand out player at all.

TXBRONC
02-15-2013, 06:40 AM

I think we need someone capable of playing ahead of Moreno and Hillman. Hillman did alright against the Ravens but when Denver needed to grind out yardage he didn't get the job done. Neither Moreno or Hillman run with a lot of power so I'm not really all that confident that either of them would have gotten the job done Raven at the end of the game.

TXBRONC
02-15-2013, 06:43 AM
No, he's not. He is an average to above average RB. Nothing at him screams elite or great. He would implode after one 350 touch season. He is not a stand out player at all.

If Stewart had been on just about any other team than the Panthers he would be cranking out 1000 yard season on a consistent basis. Nevertheless I don't see Denver trading for Stewart.

WARHORSE
02-15-2013, 04:08 PM
Why would we answer an injury plagued backfield by trading for Stewart?

If we want a big back, Lacy is a runner I would love to have. I also would love to have Steven Jackson. Hes huge, still has explosion and can do it all. With the passing game taking pressure off him, I can see him having a great season. We would not have to surrender a pick for him, just some money. Id rather risk money than picks.

But I would love to see Lacy. Hes going to surprise some people imo in the NFL. How long a career? Dont know because hes a bruiser. But I would definitely hook him up with the BUS, and find out what he did to prolong his career.

Superchop 7
02-15-2013, 09:44 PM
I have begun to break down running backs and even though the guy is not a breakaway threat......I see alot of things I like with Leveon Bell, first....he does a nice job protecting the ball when running, keeps it close to his body, second he has very good power, 3rd he has a good feel for cut backs, 4th he is a huge matchup problem in the passing game. (Was not utilized in college but has natural ability) 5th, I think he can be a very good pass protector, 6th, he has very good size.
For what we need ......he would be a nice addition and good value.

BeastFromEast92
02-15-2013, 10:30 PM
Lacy or Ball ....I like both!

Simple Jaded
02-16-2013, 05:47 PM
I thought Slowshon played himself into a roster spot next season.......until he got hurt yet again. Imo the only RB gauranteed of a roster spot is Hillman and, given the state the position is in, thumbing your nose at any addition is amusing.

This guys too old, that guy is nothing special. The position has been a joke for a decade, it's just been an issue since the scheme change.

The next step for this offense is improving the running game, I'd keep Hester and Hillman and start over.......