PDA

View Full Version : Stop bitching about Cutler/Orton

sneakers
08-23-2009, 12:58 AM
You guys are going to burn yourselves out....keep some in the tank for next week when we play Cutler and the Bears :D

claymore
08-23-2009, 01:01 AM
You guys are going to burn yourselves out....keep some in the tank for next week when we play Cutler and the Bears :D

Sweet geebus I forgot about that. I seriously want to cry.

Benetto
08-23-2009, 01:05 AM
Here's to a blindside sack :beer:

DenBronx
08-23-2009, 01:07 AM
thanks for reminding me. :tsk:

Watchthemiddle
08-23-2009, 01:09 AM
Here's too a Champ pick to the house

tumbana
08-23-2009, 01:11 AM
After what I saw from the Broncos today, the Bears O is going to tee off on the Broncos and the Bears D is going to shut down the Broncos O. I'm dead serious.

DenBronx
08-23-2009, 01:11 AM
does champ still get picks?

sneakers
08-23-2009, 01:12 AM
After what I saw from the Broncos today, the Bears O is going to tee off on the Broncos and the Bears D is going to shut down the Broncos O. I'm dead serious.

I am super serial too.

claymore

Your CB's are going to need raises after all the interceptions they get. I would put in third stringers if I was you.

Watchthemiddle
does champ still get picks?

Yup...didn't you see him picking up his shoe laces tonight on that bootleg?

DenBronx
08-23-2009, 01:13 AM

blah blah blah...if i had super powers i would wish to give you an itchy ***hole the rest of your life.

or you could just take in up the butt from clay and that would work too.

claymore
Here's too a Champ pick to the house

I dont think thats happened since Pryce left.

sneakers
Your CB's are going to need raises after all the interceptions they get. I would put in third stringers if I was you.

Too bad this isn't the regular season, because they would put up pro bowl stats after just one game.

claymore
blah blah blah...if i had super powers i would wish to give you an itchy ******* the rest of your life.

I would do it to get Cutler back. ThAT is being a team player.

sneakers
08-23-2009, 01:14 AM
blah blah blah...if i had super powers i would wish to give you an itchy ***hole the rest of your life.

I think clay doing that to him would cause persistant butt-itch.

claymore
08-23-2009, 01:14 AM
Too bad this isn't the regular season, because they would put up pro bowl stats after just one game.

Norton isnt the answer to anything we want.

GEM
08-23-2009, 01:16 AM

Wooohooo, whaddya want? A cookie?

And by Bears O you mean Cutler and Forte cause that's all the O you got. Sad really...such a good QB going to rot the rest of his career away in such a QB wasteland.

DenBronx
08-23-2009, 01:17 AM
I think clay doing that to him would cause persistant butt-itch.

i'm thinking ringworm, crabs and herpes all in one session.

sneakers
08-23-2009, 01:17 AM

And by Bears O you mean Cutler and Forte cause that's all the O you got. Sad really...such a good QB going to rot the rest of his career away in such a QB wasteland.

GEM ask him how many starting quarterbacks the bears have had since 1992.

red98
08-23-2009, 01:18 AM
I would do it to get Cutler back. ThAT is being a team player.

So, are you eating the burrito now or um, that other thing?

claymore
08-23-2009, 01:19 AM
So, are you eating the burrito now or um, that other thing?

Ive got a burrito on a limp ding dong. I keep seeing Nortons face on every chic I virtually bang.

DenBronx
08-23-2009, 01:20 AM

bears fans havent had a qb in 3 decades and even that one rode his victory on the coat tail of the defense. before that you can trace all the way back to....nevermind...you cant trace past mcfail.

claymore
08-23-2009, 01:21 AM
bears fans havnt had a qb in 3 decades and even that one rode his victory on the coat tail of the defense. before that you can trace all the way back to....nevermind...you cant trace past mcfail.

Sid Luckman was good.

sneakers
08-23-2009, 01:22 AM
GEM ask him how many starting quarterbacks the bears have had since 1992.

Jim Harbaugh, Peter Tom Willis, Will Furrer, Erik Kramer, Steve Walsh, Dave Kreig, Rick Mirer, Steve Stenstrom, Moses Moreno, Shane Matthews, Cade McNown, Jim Miller, Chris Chandler, Henry Burris, Kordell Stewart, Rex Grossman, Jonathan Quinn, Craig Krenzel, Chad Hutchinson, Kyle Orton, Brian Griese

DenBronx
08-23-2009, 01:22 AM
Sid Luckman was good.

rex grossman was better.

claymore
08-23-2009, 01:23 AM
rex grossman was better.

NO you Diint!

DenBronx
08-23-2009, 01:23 AM
Jim Harbaugh, Peter Tom Willis, Will Furrer, Erik Kramer, Steve Walsh, Dave Kreig, Rick Mirer, Steve Stenstrom, Moses Moreno, Shane Matthews, Cade McNown, Jim Miller, Chris Chandler, Henry Burris, Kordell Stewart, Rex Grossman, Jonathan Quinn, Craig Krenzel, Chad Hutchinson, Kyle Orton, Brian Griese

you had to have missed someone.

sneakers
08-23-2009, 01:24 AM
rex grossman was better.

Remember the Onion article: Bears lead Rex Grossman to Super Bowl (http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/bears_lead_rex_grossman_to)

tumbana

Yeah, and their really good O line, really good TE, and big play WRs?

Cutler hasn't got sacked ONCE and they completely shut down the Giants D line. C Will ate up Justin Tuck.

red98
Ive got a burrito on a limp ding dong. I keep seeing Nortons face on every chic I virtually bang.

Now that's just disturbing, ruining a good burrito like that...

sneakers
08-23-2009, 01:25 AM
you had to have missed someone.

I am speaking of regular season starts. Cutler hasn't played a game for the bears yet.

tumbana
08-23-2009, 01:25 AM
Thanks for telling me all the QBs I have had. All it does is make me realize how good my current QB is. Oh, look! ORTON is on that list.

Shazam!
08-23-2009, 01:26 AM

How about wait until Week 2?

Watchthemiddle
Thanks for telling me all the QBs I have had. All it does is make me realize how good my current QB is. Oh, look! ORTON is on that list.

You like Orton so much, you have watched both of his preseason games in Denver. Thanks

claymore

Cherish it my friend.

tumbana
Just so you guys know, for next week, you will be seeing plenty of this I promise.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/chicago-bears/09000d5d81214297/Pre-WK-2-Matt-Forte-highlights

http://www.nfl.com/videos/chicago-bears/09000d5d81214208/Pre-WK-2-Jay-Cutler-highlights

claymore
08-23-2009, 01:29 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_BIFLk2o71o8/Sm-2ShRdwqI/AAAAAAAAAAk/BbHT7XjU1aE/s1600/mcdaniels.jpg

DenBronx
08-23-2009, 01:30 AM
Just so you guys know, for next week, you will be seeing plenty of this I promise.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/chicago-bears/09000d5d81214297/Pre-WK-2-Matt-Forte-highlights

http://www.nfl.com/videos/chicago-bears/09000d5d81214208/Pre-WK-2-Jay-Cutler-highlights

dont the chicago care bears have enough problems with green bay and minn? good luck getting past the vikings.

GEM
08-23-2009, 01:30 AM
Yeah, and their really good O line, really good TE, and big play WRs?

Cutler hasn't got sacked ONCE and they completely shut down the Giants D line. C Will ate up Justin Tuck.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....hang on a second, I gotta catch my breath...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Phew...that was funny!

tumbana
08-23-2009, 01:33 AM
dont the chicago care bears have enough problems with green bay and minn? good luck getting past the vikings.

Green Bay? LOL

Viqueens? We'll just own Old Man Favre just like we have every game since 04. They are an overrated team. The Bears are in the playoffs. Eazy money.

tumbana
08-23-2009, 01:33 AM
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....hang on a second, I gotta catch my breath...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Phew...that was funny!

I was laughing at how true it was also.

sneakers
08-23-2009, 01:35 AM

What do you mean by "plenty" (it is a relative term)? And what exactly will we be seeing plenty of (video highlights, nfl.com links, etc). You will have to excuse my simple donkey-fan brain, and better discern what you are speaking of.

DenBronx
08-23-2009, 01:36 AM
Green Bay? LOL

Viqueens? We'll just own Old Man Favre just like we have every game since 04. They are an overrated team. The Bears are in the playoffs. Eazy money.

stay thirsty my friends.

tumbana
What do you mean by "plenty" (it is a relative term)? And what exactly will we be seeing plenty of (video highlights, nfl.com links, etc). You will have to excuse my simple donkey-fan brain, and better discern what you are speaking of.

Plenty of Cutler and Forte tearing it up.

Requiem / The Dagda
Here is to diabetes impacting Cutler's ability to perform on the field. :beer:

NameUsedBefore
08-23-2009, 01:37 AM
Sneakers don't swear.

sneakers
08-23-2009, 01:40 AM

Tearing?

Why would they be crying?

GEM

Notice when he is trying to sell the bears he brings up the OL, the TE and the WR's...but when he really gets to the core of what is successful on the Bears, he names the 2 players that I called him on. Thanks for not showing up the whole past week after Cutlers' last performance where he was statistically worse than Orton. You've proven yourself to have lost your kahunas somewhere in cyberspace.

And with that...I am moving this baby over to the smack forum. While you're there Tumbana...check out the thread made just for you and your abscence. :salute:

red98

Phew...that was funny!

I think trading Cutler was the worst decision the Broncos ever made, but how does this Bears fan's smack talk keep popping up in the Broncos Talk forum?

Northman
08-23-2009, 01:41 AM
I think trading Cutler was the worst decision the Broncos ever made, but how does this Bears fan's smack talk keep popping up in the Broncos Talk forum?

Because Bears fans aren't very smart.

sneakers
08-23-2009, 01:43 AM
Tearing?

Why would they be crying?

Wait I forgot how much he cried while in denver...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_sIvWMQvGKyA/SVqqMqybPLI/AAAAAAAABxM/X264IvgZk8w/s400/emo+jay+cutler.jpg

tumbana
08-23-2009, 11:22 AM
Notice when he is trying to sell the bears he brings up the OL, the TE and the WR's...but when he really gets to the core of what is successful on the Bears, he names the 2 players that I called him on. Thanks for not showing up the whole past week after Cutlers' last performance where he was statistically worse than Orton. You've proven yourself to have lost your kahunas somewhere in cyberspace.

And with that...I am moving this baby over to the smack forum. While you're there Tumbana...check out the thread made just for you and your abscence. :salute:

Cutler didn't do good last week because he was playing a VERY basic and vanilla offense where he was trying to make sure he got the ball to certain WRs even if they weren't open. No audibles, no shotgun, no rollouts or leaving the pocket. Not to mention facing a team that already played a preseason game. They opened it up a little and also had Forte and Olsen playing and they could not be stopped. I don't think it's going to change next week against an inferior defense.

Northman
08-23-2009, 11:44 AM
Cutler didn't do good last week because he was playing a VERY basic and vanilla offense where he was trying to make sure he got the ball to certain WRs even if they weren't open. No audibles, no shotgun, no rollouts or leaving the pocket. Not to mention facing a team that already played a preseason game. They opened it up a little and also had Forte and Olsen playing and they could not be stopped. I don't think it's going to change next week against an inferior defense.

Its not. Cutler is going to say to himself. Now i know how Rivers feels everytime they play the Broncos.

Devilspawn
08-23-2009, 01:23 PM
Its not. Cutler is going to say to himself. Now i know how Rivers feels everytime they play the Broncos.
Sure about that?

5-1*
100-145
68.9%
1537 yards
12 TDs
3 INTs
122.6 QB Rating

Better from me than a Chargers or Bears fan.

frauschieze
08-23-2009, 01:37 PM
Sure about that?

5-1*
100-145
68.9%
1537 yards
12 TDs
3 INTs
122.6 QB Rating

Better from me than a Chargers or Bears fan.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what Northman meant. Cutler's gonna have a field day just like Rivers did when ever we played him.

Devilspawn
08-23-2009, 01:44 PM
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what Northman meant. Cutler's gonna have a field day just like Rivers did when ever we played him.
I'm glad (hope) I misinterpreted that for North's sake. I knew we weren't watching different games.

ursamajor
08-23-2009, 02:56 PM

To be square about it, ask Elway what he found most helpful, receivers, or an elite RB.

The OL is muched improved in Chicago This year. Maybe not quite what Jay enjoyed in Denver, but still pretty damned good. Coupled w/ Jay's mobility, things r looking up. As stated above, Jay also hhas the benifit of a special RB. Then ther is his TEs. While much still remains to be remaining in the education of Hester, the other Devin (Aromahowdouspellitashada) as well as Bennett have been stepping their game up. If one does develop into that go2wr for Jay, then he will have weapons @ every level. The Bears offensive scheme is designed to be an efficient, run oriented Smashmouth offense-not a run the score up finnesse O like NO or NE.

And while Tumba's comments did little to offer insight on Orton, I'll leave my 2 cents.

True to what Kyle has shown throughout his career, he has shown week 2 versus week 1. Namel, improvement. As he learns the wrinkles of this offense in game situations, his decision making will get better. He is still at the point where he has to think rather than react, as he is still aclimating himself to the playbook.

Also, if Moreno turns out to be as advertised, his mere presence on the field will cause opposing Defenses to do more in accounting for him. Look at how Forte's presence helped Jay.

Bottom line-Kyle still has more preseason left to grow in this offense. As much as we as fans would like to see perfection in the preseason, its sole purpose is to fine tune the team in preperation for the reg season.

Midnight Blue
08-23-2009, 03:31 PM

Yeah, that's the way I read his comment too... opposing QBs in general find the Broncos defense to be pretty soft in recent seasons.

OaklandRaider
08-23-2009, 07:32 PM
This board is going to implode when Cutler is ripping your defense to shreds next week.

It's going to be so funny.

Lonestar
08-23-2009, 09:09 PM
This board is going to implode when Cutler is ripping your defense to shreds next week.

It's going to be so funny.

I hope you enjoy it.. but then it takes a sicko to do that..

MOtorboat
08-23-2009, 09:10 PM
I hope you enjoy it.. but then it takes a sicko to do that..

It's his only enjoyment. He knows as well as we do that the Raiders are going to suck...again...

topscribe
08-23-2009, 09:13 PM
To be square about it, ask Elway what he found most helpful, receivers, or an elite RB.

I'm not sure Elway could answer that. In his later years, he had both. In his earlier years, he had neither . . .

And while Tumba's comments did little to offer insight on Orton . . .

Do Tumbana's comments offer insight to anything?

-----

MOtorboat
08-23-2009, 09:14 PM
I'm not sure Elway could answer that. In his later years, he had both. In his earlier years, he had neither . . .

-----

I had the same thoughts, but I pawned them off on the fact that he probably wasn't paying much attention in the late 90s as he was a Bears fan...

Lonestar
08-23-2009, 09:14 PM
It's his only enjoyment. He knows as well as we do that the Raiders are going to suck...again.again.again.again.again.again.again.a gain.

edited for accuracy

ursamajor
08-24-2009, 01:17 PM

Ok let me re-phrase the question.

On average, how many times a game did Davis touch the ball? Likewise, how many times a game did Smith touch thw ball?

Looking at the number of touches, coupled w/ their production, who do you think had a greater impact on the success of the offense?

As for MissouriBronc's quip: Cant u do better than that?

Where as I can see Top is clearly playing devil's advocate, It appears that you have next to no knowledge of the makeup of the '97 & '98 Denver Broncos save John Elway, and Pat Bowlen's fur coat.

frauschieze
08-24-2009, 05:51 PM
Ok let me re-phrase the question.

On average, how many times a game did Davis touch the ball? Likewise, how many times a game did Smith touch thw ball?

Looking at the number of touches, coupled w/ their production, who do you think had a greater impact on the success of the offense?

I see what you're getting at but that's true of any top RB vs top WR. Hell, even a crappy RB vs a top WR. The RB will always get more touches. That's just part of the fundamentals of the game.

ursamajor
08-24-2009, 08:54 PM
I see what you're getting at but that's true of any top RB vs top WR. Hell, even a crappy RB vs a top WR. The RB will always get more touches. That's just part of the fundamentals of the game.

True, but i did say to look at Davis' and Smith's production in comparison w/ their touches.

frauschieze
08-24-2009, 08:58 PM
True, but i did say to look at Davis' and Smith's production in comparison w/ their touches.

Even looking at production, it's still not something that is truly comparable, simply because of the vast difference between the way the two positions are utilized.

ursamajor
08-24-2009, 09:07 PM
Even looking at production, it's still not something that is truly comparable, simply because of the vast difference between the way the two positions are utilized.

I dunno. I think if TD was taken out of the picture with those Broncos teams, it would have a far bigger impact then if Rod was absent.