PDA

View Full Version : PFW: The Way We Hear It.

TXBRONC
09-01-2007, 07:14 PM
According to PFW Daniel Graham has missed only one block since training camp. The one thing I would disagree with them on is the extent of Graham's role in the passing game.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+West/Denver/WWHI/2007/wwhi083107.htm

Graham’s blocking stands out at TE spot

Aug. 31, 2007

According to the coaching staff’s meticulous reports from dissecting film of practice and preseason games, TE Daniel Graham has missed only one block since training camp began. The way he takes on defensive ends is why the Broncos were so eager to sign him to a lucrative contract that included $15 million in guarantees in the offseason, and also why his receiving numbers have dwindled the last two years (37 catches combined in 2005 and ’06) with the Patriots. With the pass-catching prowess of fellow TEs Tony Scheffler and Nate Jackson in Denver, Graham’s receiving totals aren’t expected to be among the league leaders, but he is being counted on as the team’s every-down tight end going into the season, and his hands, athleticism and crisp route-running have drawn rave reviews.

topscribe
09-01-2007, 08:38 PM
According to PFW Daniel Graham has missed only one block since training camp. The one thing I would disagree with them on is the extent of Graham's role in the passing game.

. . . And I have to agree with you. From all the reports by Kaylore and SoCal,
they were not impressed with Graham's abilities as a receiver. They said he
had a hard time getting separation. That was against our defenders, against
whom receivers from other teams seem to get separation at will. Graham is a
devastating blocker, but a so-so receiver, at that, at least from what I infer.

-----

RunYouOver
09-01-2007, 10:30 PM
I don't think there's a problem with his receiving, I happen to agree with the article though.

They're not challenging his receiving skills, there simply pointing out that he's an unbelievable blocker, and we'll advantage of that as much as possible.

Who wouldn't?

We DO have a BETTER pass-catcher in Scheffler, who's already caught passes from Cutler. We run a lot of 2 TE sets, so in most cases, it'll be Graham blocking, and Scheffler receiving.

Makes sense.

I'm not expecting any more than 200 yards and 2 TDs out of Graham this season.

TXBRONC
09-01-2007, 10:37 PM
I don't think there's a problem with his receiving, I happen to agree with the article though.

They're not challenging his receiving skills, there simply pointing out that he's an unbelievable blocker, and we'll advantage of that as much as possible.

Who wouldn't?

We DO have a BETTER pass-catcher in Scheffler, who's already caught passes from Cutler. We run a lot of 2 TE sets, so in most cases, it'll be Graham blocking, and Scheffler receiving.

Makes sense.

I'm not expecting any more than 200 yards and 2 TDs out of Graham this season.

I'm actually thinking he will have solid numbers. Not eye popping by any means but I do think he'll be more invovled than Alexander was.

RunYouOver
09-01-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm actually thinking he will have solid numbers. Not eye popping by any means but I do think he'll be more invovled than Alexander was.

Let's just say if I had to take 1 Bronco TE for my fantasy football team, I'd take Scheffler.

I think it'll wind up like this:

Scheffler: 550 yds, 6 TDs
Graham: 200 yds, 2 TDs
Other TE: 100 yds, 1 TD