PDA

View Full Version : Broncos’ shopping list for NFL free agents

Magnificent Seven
02-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Before the Broncos think young, they will first shop for proven. The free-agent market officially opens March 12, more than six weeks before the draft.
Is Steven Jackson on the radar? Never mind the draft. That’s a late-April afterthought.

Here are the biggest names at the Broncos’ possible positions of need:

Defensive tackle: Henry Melton; Richard Seymour.

Running back: Steven Jackson (if he voids his $7 million option for 2013); Reggie Bush, Shonn Greene, Felix Jones, Rashard Mendenhall, Peyton Hillis.

Wide receiver: Greg Jennings, Wes Welker, Mike Wallace, Dwayne Bowe, Danny Amendola, Brian Hartline.

Inside linebacker: Brian Urlacher; Rey Maualuga.

Offensive line: (Assumes LT Ryan Clady returns either with new contract or franchise tag); Sebastian Vollmer; Brandon Moore; Andy Levitre.

Cornerback: Cary Williams; Aqib Talib; Brent Grimes; Dominique-Rodgers-Cromartie.

Safeties: Jairus Byrd; Ed Reed; Dashon Goldson; William Moore; Louis Delmas.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/02/10/broncos-free-agent-shopping-list/18426/

SoCalImport
02-12-2013, 06:19 PM
I still say that Bush or Jackson would go an awful long way to helping us. All short term thinking of course. Along that line of thinking I want Reed too.

dogfish
02-12-2013, 08:35 PM
out of that whole list, gimme melton or byrd. . . or moore, or goldshon. . .

Slick
02-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Peyton Hillis? Ror.

Superchop 7
02-12-2013, 10:17 PM
Seymour would be a nice 5 mil addition, I was laughing at Banaan having a 1.3% quarterback pressure ratio......WORST in the league. The guy acts like Tarzan.....plays like Jane.

SoCalImport
02-12-2013, 10:21 PM
Seymour would be a nice 5 mil addition, I was laughing at Banaan having a 1.3% quarterback pressure ratio......WORST in the league. The guy acts like Tarzan.....plays like Jane.

what's his "you ain;t getting past me" ratio?

WARHORSE
02-12-2013, 11:39 PM
Here are the biggest names at the Broncos’ possible positions of need:

Defensive tackle: Henry Melton; Richard Seymour.

Running back: Steven Jackson (if he voids his $7 million option for 2013); Reggie Bush, Shonn Greene, Felix Jones, Rashard Mendenhall, Peyton Hillis.

Wide receiver: Greg Jennings, Wes Welker, Mike Wallace, Dwayne Bowe, Danny Amendola, Brian Hartline.

Inside linebacker: Brian Urlacher; Rey Maualuga.

Offensive line: (Assumes LT Ryan Clady returns either with new contract or franchise tag); Sebastian Vollmer; Brandon Moore; Andy Levitre.

Cornerback: Cary Williams; Aqib Talib; Brent Grimes; Dominique-Rodgers-Cromartie.

Safeties: Jairus Byrd; Ed Reed; Dashon Goldson; William Moore; Louis Delmas.

I definitely want Steven Jackson, but would settle for Lacy in the draft.

Melton would be a target. Seymour isnt worth it because hes a me player.

Urlacher and Maualuga are passemups.

Jairus BYrd, Goldson or Moore would all make me smile.

Any of the guards or OTs that are upgrades to our line would be welcome to me. Clady is a given at least at a franchise level. Because of the large amount of free agent offensive tackles along with the slew of great OTs in the draft, a team could get a great deal on a very good OT in free agency. I for one would love to see Franklin move inside, but only with someone to replace him who plays better than him in pass protection while still killing it in the run game.

I for one dont want a good Oline, I want a dominant one.

I trust Elway exclusively.

He seems to have a good head for all of this. More importantly, a good eye.

DenBronx
02-13-2013, 12:07 AM
More excited about the draft than free agency to be honest.

Northman
02-13-2013, 05:52 AM
I would take these guys who i think could be had,

Henry Melton
Rey Maualuga
Jairus Byrd
Louis Delmas

sneakers
02-13-2013, 06:57 AM
Those are some big names!

Poet
02-13-2013, 12:12 PM
Maualuga was just ahead of London Fletcher in coverage. He's all yours.

Ravage!!!
02-13-2013, 12:16 PM
Any of the guards or OTs that are upgrades to our line would be welcome to me. Clady is a given at least at a franchise level. Because of the large amount of free agent offensive tackles along with the slew of great OTs in the draft, a team could get a great deal on a very good OT in free agency. I for one would love to see Franklin move inside, but only with someone to replace him who plays better than him in pass protection while still killing it in the run game.

Interesting. According to this site, and this article on their selections or their sophmore team, Franklin has the second best score in protecting the passer compared to ALL tackles.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/16/2012-pff-all-sophomore-team/

Rex
02-13-2013, 12:18 PM
Uh yeah, Peyton Hillis....moving right along.

Rex
02-13-2013, 12:19 PM
Maualuga was just ahead of London Fletcher in coverage. He's all yours.

Joe Mays. 40 y/o Keith Brookings. Maualuga is an upgrade.

weazel
02-13-2013, 12:33 PM
Joe Mays. 40 y/o Keith Brookings. Maualuga is an upgrade.

laterally? not really.

Magnificent Seven
02-13-2013, 04:42 PM
I would go for Rey Maualuga, Dashon Goldson, and Steven Jackson.

Skinny
03-02-2013, 08:38 PM
Melton got the franchise tag...

http://www.csnchicago.com/blog/bears-talk/bears-place-franchise-tag-melton

Lancane
03-02-2013, 10:30 PM
That list is horribly skewed because it's based on one columnist's opinion, the same columnist that said don't expect Denver to do much in free agency accept sign their own free agents and look to fill holes via the draft.

As for myself, I would be satisfied if the team added Shonn Greene, Geoff Schwartz, Terrence Knighton and Antoine Cason in free agency and would consider it a solid off-season for Denver.

Dapper Dan
03-06-2013, 10:11 AM
Wes Welker officially will test Free Agency.

CoachChaz
03-06-2013, 10:13 AM
He'll be back in NE. I think they are just going to let him find out what his value is and then they'll match it

Dapper Dan
03-06-2013, 10:35 AM
He'll be back in NE. I think they are just going to let him find out what his value is and then they'll match it

How often does NE let guys enter FA and bring them back? They seem to let a lot of players go when they ask for money. Though I believe Welker to be worthy as an exception.

CoachChaz
03-06-2013, 10:49 AM
How often does NE let guys enter FA and bring them back? They seem to let a lot of players go when they ask for money. Though I believe Welker to be worthy as an exception.

Take it for what it's worth, but I heard an interview with Belichek about this topic and he pretty much stated that Wes was a Patriot and they fully expect him to still be one after FA is over.

NightTerror218
03-06-2013, 12:53 PM
I would take Welker, Voller (good depth). Some of the safeties would be upgrades over Adams. I am fine with Moore, but I would pull him from starter if he makes same mistakes and not learning. I would like to see Maunti drafted later and put on PUP list for awhile to heal up and build up strength and then throw him out there to compete for MLB against Irving.

Poet
03-09-2013, 03:11 PM

When Welker finds out that he's not going to get 12 million a year, he will end up a Patriot.