PDA

View Full Version : Yea, uh, defense?

silkamilkamonico
11-13-2007, 11:45 PM
Anybody know what's going on with our defense?

Are we changing styles away from Bates scheme permanently?

Are we just doing it temporarily?

I see we just released Burton. Not that he was good or anything, but we have like 3 DT's on our roster, and like 10 DE's.

Does it seem like Denver knows what they're doing, or are they just trying to go through some kind of patchwork scheme to get through the year?

I would assume Sam Adams won't be back.

Right now it's looking like we have one DT committed to the long term, and that's assuming we aren't going to drastically change schemes again.

I know there's been injuries, and player adjustment problems, and I know our defense played well against KC and I'm hoping it continues, but I don't understand what they're trying to do on the defensive side of the ball as far as the front 4 are concerned.

Can someone who understands whats going on maybe discuss it a little, and if anyone has any insight on what's going to happen over the course of the offseason I would appreciate a discussion on that also.

I understand the coaches hopefully have some kind of plan set in place, but I'm seriously concerned on the commitment to our defensive scheme, whatever that may be, going into next year. It's like the organization is going to have to patchwork the interior all over again, considering Thomas is the only surefire DT. That cannot be a good thing whatsoever.

lex
11-14-2007, 12:11 AM
I think theyre modifying what theyre doing around the personnel they have. I think going forwar, theyll try to get guys for the Bates system. But defensive tackle and LB isnt a good place to have shortcomings. And I dont think Shanahan is patient enough to wait it out.

silkamilkamonico
11-14-2007, 04:23 AM
I think theyre modifying what theyre doing around the personnel they have. I think going forwar, theyll try to get guys for the Bates system. But defensive tackle and LB isnt a good place to have shortcomings. And I dont think Shanahan is patient enough to wait it out.

I was thinking they wouldn't abandon Bates scheme completely in the offseason also.

I do hope they can find enough players at the DT position where he can run something that resembles his scheme, and not struggle again along the interior because the organization couldn't the personnel.

It will be an interesting offseason to say the least.

TXBRONC
11-14-2007, 08:11 AM
Anybody know what's going on with our defense?

Are we changing styles away from Bates scheme permanently?

Are we just doing it temporarily?

I see we just released Burton. Not that he was good or anything, but we have like 3 DT's on our roster, and like 10 DE's.

Does it seem like Denver knows what they're doing, or are they just trying to go through some kind of patchwork scheme to get through the year?

I would assume Sam Adams won't be back.

Right now it's looking like we have one DT committed to the long term, and that's assuming we aren't going to drastically change schemes again.

I know there's been injuries, and player adjustment problems, and I know our defense played well against KC and I'm hoping it continues, but I don't understand what they're trying to do on the defensive side of the ball as far as the front 4 are concerned.

Can someone who understands whats going on maybe discuss it a little, and if anyone has any insight on what's going to happen over the course of the offseason I would appreciate a discussion on that also.

I understand the coaches hopefully have some kind of plan set in place, but I'm seriously concerned on the commitment to our defensive scheme, whatever that may be, going into next year. It's like the organization is going to have to patchwork the interior all over again, considering Thomas is the only surefire DT. That cannot be a good thing whatsoever.

Losing Ekuban was big, just losing Courtney last year was big because is ruined the line rotation. I think what we have here silk is Bates being forced to change up his system because of injuries and still some lack of the right personnel.

silkamilkamonico
11-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Losing Ekuban was big, just losing Courtney last year was big because is ruined the line rotation. I think what we have here silk is Bates being forced to change up his system because of injuries and still some lack of the right personnel.

That's a good point.

I will be curious to see what happens at the DE position with Moss, Crowder, Dumervil, Engelberger, Ekuban, and all the others at the position.

Lonestar
11-14-2007, 06:14 PM

I think you are correct and from what I can see there are few if any DT just laying around looking for work except those we have cut.

I woudl be surprised to see Bates system cut out after aquiring the DL guys we did in teh draft this past year. I'm hoping the a Sam Adams type Guy or two can be found to match up with Thomas AT DT and taht Thomas can put on somemore weight get him up to 340 or so, most of which will be solid. to clog and take upi OLINE blockers..

How much longer before Bunkley from PHI beicme available anyone know? looks like 2 more years

a real stud 6'2" 306 sloid muscle from big toe to ears..

http://www.nfl.com/players/brodrickbunkley/profile?id=BUN459212