PDA

View Full Version : Former Broncos Long Snapper Lonnie Paxton Is Now A Walking Camera

Denver Native (Carol)
02-11-2013, 08:42 PM
DENVER (CBS4) - Former Broncos Long Snapper Lonie Paxton didn’t take long to find a new passion after he was released by the team.

A lot of former NFL players go into broadcasting after their playing days are over and get a job in front of the camera. Paxton became the camera after getting a job with Go Pro, makers of what they call the “world’s most versatile camera.”

“A good buddy of mine was the vice president of Red Bull and action sports has always been a love of mine,” Paxton said. “I was able to get in front of the right people after I got released in August. The transition has always been tough for guys, and I just kind of made my move quick and decided to hang them up and get into something I love.”

rest, plus video - http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/02/11/former-broncos-long-snapper-lonnie-paxton-is-now-a-walking-camera/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

DenBronx
02-11-2013, 09:47 PM
I never disliked Paxton. Most fans disliked the move in general to remove Leach who was a solid snapper but also played another position and came with a much lower salary. It was Josh McDaniels who released a fan favorite for a guy who took up cap room and was only a one trick pony. But Paxton himself was a good guy and I think liked playing for the Broncos, so not his fault at all.

Some of these players have great careers and still end up around the game somehow. It's good to see ex football players still have a passion to do things post football.

topscribe
02-11-2013, 10:01 PM
Leach was a terrific snapper. I never could figure out why McDaniels cut him,
except for chronyism. That's the only thing I can think of. Just as DenBronx,
I liked Lonie okay. I just didn't like how they did Leach.

Dreadnought
02-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Leach was a terrific snapper. I never could figure out why McDaniels cut him,
except for chronyism. That's the only thing I can think of. Just as DenBronx,
I liked Lonnie okay. I just didn't like how they did Leach.

Frau hasn't been the same since McDaniels screwed Mike Leach over. He must not be forgiven if only for that.

And there is so much more....

DenBronx
02-11-2013, 11:41 PM
Yeah, Frau was never the same after that. I more mad at McDaniels for doing that to Frau than anything.

frauschieze
02-12-2013, 10:25 AM
A sad state of affairs. I don't even know who our long snapper is these days.

Chef Zambini
02-12-2013, 11:34 AM
I never disliked Paxton. Most fans disliked the move in general to remove Leach who was a solid snapper but also played another position and came with a much lower salary. It was Josh McDaniels who released a fan favorite for a guy who took up cap room and was only a one trick pony. But Paxton himself was a good guy and I think liked playing for the Broncos, so not his fault at all.

Some of these players have great careers and still end up around the game somehow. It's good to see ex football players still have a passion to do things post football.exactomundo !

Chef Zambini
02-12-2013, 11:37 AM
A sad state of affairs. I don't even know who our long snapper is these days.thats actually a good thing, because the LS only gets mentioned when he screws-up !

"bad snap"

leach, on the other hand was a ST captain and often was mentioned as the TACKLER on punts !

TXBRONC
02-12-2013, 11:39 AM

Some of these players have great careers and still end up around the game somehow. It's good to see ex football players still have a passion to do things post football.

Paxton was good at snapping the ball but as far as getting down field on the coverage I don't recall him doing that very well. I can remember Leach getting down the field to make tackles but I don't remember Paxton doing that.

TXBRONC
02-12-2013, 11:41 AM

If you need a shoulder to cry on Frau I would be glad to help out.

GEM
02-12-2013, 12:06 PM
Who is our LS these days? :confused:

frauschieze
02-12-2013, 01:28 PM

Oh this makes me feel much better. At least I am not alone.

I want to say it was some undrafted rookie, maybe a second year player. I remember being very amused that we cut Paxton for that guy, but I'll be damned if I can remember who it was.

GEM
02-12-2013, 03:23 PM
Oh this makes me feel much better. At least I am not alone.

I want to say it was some undrafted rookie, maybe a second year player. I remember being very amused that we cut Paxton for that guy, but I'll be damned if I can remember who it was.

My mind is completely blank....I don't even remember them cutting Paxton. :shocked: :laugh:

Ravage!!!
02-12-2013, 03:27 PM
My mind is completely blank....I don't even remember them cutting Paxton. :shocked: :laugh:

I had to look it up... Aaron Brewer.

GEM
02-12-2013, 03:28 PM
I just looked it up, Frau you are on the right track he is a rookie, Aaron Brewer.

frauschieze
02-12-2013, 09:52 PM
Undrafted rookie. Damn skippy. Maybe I can change my adopted Bronco now. Better find out from pn if he's an ass first.

Superchop 7
02-12-2013, 10:12 PM
Q: You made 15
special-teams tackles during your college career, which is a big number for a long snapper. And you have a pair with the Broncos. Is tackling something you take pride in?

A: Yeah. That goes back to having played linebacker in high school. I wanted to also play some linebacker at San Diego State, but they wouldn't let me. They said they couldn't afford to have me get hurt.

AAron Brewer source Denver Post

Read more: Broncos Q&A: Long snapper Aaron Brewer - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22281378/broncos-q-amp-aaron-brewer#ixzz2KkG6QUfR
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

shank
02-12-2013, 10:24 PM
when they cut lonnie, they specifically referenced aaron's ability to be involved in stopping the return as the reason he got the nod over lonnie. (salary goes without saying).

dogfish
02-12-2013, 11:36 PM

I had to look it up... Aaron Brewer.

unbelievable. . . i know who the long snapper is, and cheese doesn't?

it's like we don't even know you anymore!

GEM
02-13-2013, 09:56 AM
I wonder if Paxton will show off his white boy rapping skills on tv?

TXBRONC
02-13-2013, 10:38 AM
I wonder if Paxton will show off his white boy rapping skills on tv?

I hope not.

sneakers
02-14-2013, 07:09 AM
Aaron Brewer had 3 tackles in 16 games this past season.

Dreadnought
02-14-2013, 08:31 AM
Aaron Brewer had 3 tackles in 16 games this past season.

Per Pro Football Reference, Lonnie Paxton has five for his career, and none in three years as a Bronco. I'd say we upgraded then if those are accurate.

TXBRONC
02-14-2013, 09:48 AM
Per Pro Football Reference, Lonnie Paxton has five for his career, and none in three years as a Bronco. I'd say we upgraded then if those are accurate.

I remember when he was brought in we told that he was the best long snapper in the game and always put the ball where it needed to be. But that's almost as useless as teets on a boar hog if you're coverage units suck.

Superchop 7
02-14-2013, 11:09 PM
He likes beer and tackling people, whats not to like?

TXBRONC
02-15-2013, 09:25 AM
He likes beer and tackling people, whats not to like?

You must have missed Dread's post. Paxton had five freaking tackles for his entire career and not single one of them came while wore a Denver Broncos uniform.

MOtorboat
02-15-2013, 10:10 AM
You must have missed Dread's post. Paxton had five freaking tackles for his entire career and not single one of them came while wore a Denver Broncos uniform.

Pro-football-reference also says Mike Leach never made a tackle.

But let's not let that get in the way of a good McDaniels hate fest...

:whoknows:

Dreadnought
02-15-2013, 10:26 AM

Well, we objectively know that is incorrect. OTOH, I watched every Bronco game in 2009 and the first half of 2010 and I never remember Lonnie Paxton making a tackle. I could of course be wrong.

PFR is an excellent but not infallible source

TXBRONC
02-15-2013, 10:28 AM

I didn't mention McDaniel he would have been horrible pick up for any head coach. So bring into this frey is stupid.

Second I like Pro-football-reference but they don't always have it right. :wave:

TXBRONC
02-15-2013, 10:32 AM
Well, we objectively know that is incorrect. OTOH, I watched every Bronco game in 2009 and the first half of 2010 and I never remember Lonnie Paxton making a tackle. I could of course be wrong.

PFR is an excellent but not infallible source

IIRC it was mentioned in the DP that Paxton hadn't made Special Teams tackle entire he was in Denver.

Slick
02-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Go Pro cameras are awesome. I wish I got more opportunities to use mine.