PDA

View Full Version : Keith Burns hired from Broncos by Mike Shanahan at Washington

Denver Native (Carol)
02-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Keith Burns, a longtime special teams player for Mike Shanahan, is now Shanahan's special teams coordinator.

Burns, 40, was hired Monday by Shanahan-coached Washington to become their special teams coordinator.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22567622/keith-burns-nabbed-from-broncos-by-mike-shanahan

DenBronx
02-11-2013, 06:35 PM
Cherry picker.

What are we? The farm league for the Texans and Redskins now?

MOtorboat
02-11-2013, 06:46 PM
Cherry picker.

What are we? The farm league for the Texans and Redskins now?

This happens to every team.

DenBronx
02-11-2013, 07:21 PM
This happens to every team.

I know but it just seems the Texans and Redskins watch us the most.

MOtorboat
02-11-2013, 07:24 PM
I know but it just seems the Texans and Redskins watch us the most.

I think the reason for that is obvious.

Remember how much Jrwiz (here) and Zam (the freak) screamed about nepotism with Shanahan? Shanahan has his guys...seems like Kubiak is like that too, which he probably learned from Shanahan. So it doesn't surprise me at all that the remnants of the Shanahan era in Denver get pilfered and recycled in Houston and Washington.

DenBronx
02-11-2013, 07:33 PM

Remember how much Jrwiz (here) and Zam (the freak) screamed about nepotism with Shanahan? Shanahan has his guys...seems like Kubiak is like that too, which he probably learned from Shanahan. So it doesn't surprise me at all that the remnants of the Shanahan era in Denver get pilfered and recycled in Houston and Washington.

I think our team is much differant then when those guys were here. I liked Burns and always thought he was good with special teams.

Well, lets just hope they return the favor come draft days when we need trades.

MOtorboat
02-11-2013, 07:36 PM
I think our team is much differant then when those guys were here. I liked Burns and always thought he was good with special teams.

Well, lets just hope they return the favor come draft days when we need trades.

Burns was drafted by, played the majority of his career for and then got his first coaching job under Shanahan...this isn't that strange at all.

UnderArmour
02-11-2013, 08:01 PM
Congrats to Keith Burns on becoming a coordinator in the NFL. Couldn't be happier for him.

wayninja
02-11-2013, 08:28 PM
I just hope shanny doesn't make him coordinate with a concussion.

Pudge
02-11-2013, 10:04 PM
I think I might be the only person to be stoked about getting his autograph after a game

frauschieze
02-12-2013, 10:28 AM
Congrats to Keith! I always liked him.

TXBRONC
02-12-2013, 10:53 AM

All head coaches are like that. They want people they are comfortable with and that understand what they're trying to accomplish.

Chef Zambini
02-12-2013, 12:50 PM
shanny doesnt know shit about special teams,
so just like bringing in bobby turner,
this is a good move for shanny !
less for him to worry about while he is golfing .

Ravage!!!
02-12-2013, 01:28 PM
shanny doesnt know shit about special teams,
so just like bringing in bobby turner,
this is a good move for shanny !
less for him to worry about while he is golfing .

Sooo.. its unusual for a HC to hire a special teams coach??? :confused:

Actually shows good leadership when your CEO hires people around them that know what they are doing.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-13-2013, 01:58 PM
The Denver Broncos replaced a longtime employee with a promising young coach.

The Broncos announced Wednesday morning that they hired Derius Swinton as assistant special-teams coach. He replaces Keith Burns, who was hired as Washington’s special-teams coach Monday. Burns spent 17 years with the Broncos as a player and coach. He reunited with his former head coach, Mike Shanahan, with the Redskins.

Swinton, 27, was a quality control coach in Kansas City last season, and he worked three seasons with the Rams. He will assist Jeff Rodgers, who is considered one of the best special-teams coaches in the league.

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/54796/broncos-add-a-coach