PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

VonDoom
02-11-2013, 09:12 AM
Hi there! I live in NY and have my whole life, so I've often been the only Bronco fan I know. It's nice to join a community where we all have the same interest, no matter where we're from. Like most of you, I'm still trying to get over the loss last month, but I look forward to a great 2013 for our team.

Dreadnought
02-11-2013, 09:46 AM
Hi there! I live in NY and have my whole life, so I've often been the only Bronco fan I know. It's nice to join a community where we all have the same interest, no matter where we're from. Like most of you, I'm still trying to get over the loss last month, but I look forward to a great 2013 for our team.

Welcome, from a fellow New Yorker and lifelong Bronco fan (albeit a Western New Yorker, as opposed to a New Yorker from the traffic gridlocked Hell that is Long Island!)

The site's owner is also a Long Island guy, though he moved to Arkansas, for reasons know only to himself and God

Thnikkaman
02-11-2013, 09:51 AM
Welcome, from a fellow New Yorker and lifelong Bronco fan (albeit a Western New Yorker, as opposed to a New Yorker from the traffic gridlocked Hell that is Long Island!)

The site's owner is also a Long Island guy, though he moved to Arkansas, for reasons know only to himself and God

Because Arkansas >>> NY State. ;)

MOtorboat
02-11-2013, 10:05 AM
Do you golf?

Dreadnought
02-11-2013, 10:07 AM
Because Arkansas >>> NY State. ;)

That bar is pretty low. Arkansas is also better than Borneo, Paraguay, Albania, and the Central African Republic. It still doesn't say much for Arkansas.

Thnikkaman
02-11-2013, 10:09 AM
That bar is pretty low. Arkansas is also better than Borneo, Paraguay, Albania, and the Central African Republic. It still doesn't say much for Arkansas.

Then you should enjoy this article.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/84-million-new-yorkers-suddenly-realize-new-york-c,18003/?ref=auto

VonDoom
02-11-2013, 10:16 AM
Do you golf?

No, though I live a few short minutes away from the famous (?) Bethpage course.

And thanks Dreadnought. I knew there had to be at least a few other New Yorkers around here. I watched the Ravens game at Mustang Sally's in NYC, and there were a ton of Bronco fans there. It was a great time, until the end result.

MOtorboat
02-11-2013, 10:21 AM
No, though I live a few short minutes away from the famous (?) Bethpage course.

And thanks Dreadnought. I knew there had to be at least a few other New Yorkers around here. I watched the Ravens game at Mustang Sally's in NYC, and there were a ton of Bronco fans there. It was a great time, until the end result.

I asked, because that's the only thing I know about Farmingdale off the top of my head.

Dreadnought
02-11-2013, 10:22 AM
Then you should enjoy this article.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/84-million-new-yorkers-suddenly-realize-new-york-c,18003/?ref=auto

My thoughts exactly!!

Denver Native (Carol)
02-11-2013, 06:20 PM

Welcome to Broncos Forums. We have members here from many states, and also from other countries.

SR
02-11-2013, 07:05 PM
Welcome.

PatriotsGuy
02-12-2013, 10:58 AM
We all don't have the same interests. Well we might, what do you like to eat?

VonDoom
02-12-2013, 02:19 PM
We all don't have the same interests. Well we might, what do you like to eat?

I like pizza. Doesn't everyone?

PatriotsGuy
02-12-2013, 02:25 PM

Well, duh!

WTE
02-12-2013, 02:26 PM

What do you think of someone who doesn't like leftovers?

VonDoom
02-12-2013, 02:59 PM
What do you think of someone who doesn't like leftovers?

I think that they probably watch their weight and have a lot of self control.

PatriotsGuy
02-12-2013, 03:13 PM

This is a well thought out response. I think you'll fit in fine here.

Ravage!!!
02-12-2013, 03:14 PM
welcome to the board :beer:

slim
02-12-2013, 03:16 PM

What about people that don't like cake?

WTE
02-12-2013, 03:17 PM

So let's say the person who doesn't eat leftovers has a wife and daughter who devours them. Would you say that said such wife and daughter do not watch their weight and do not have a lot of self-control?

PatriotsGuy
02-12-2013, 03:28 PM
I don't think I like WTE's line of questioning, he seems rather hostile to me, VonDoom.

WTE
02-12-2013, 03:31 PM
I don't think I like WTE's line of questioning, he seems rather hostile to me, VonDoom.

Let's wait for my star witness, I mean pleasant new board member Mr. VonDoom to answer slim's question and my question before you rudely interrupt!

PatriotsGuy
02-12-2013, 03:50 PM
I'm counseling my client er the nice new board member to diregard those questions.

VonDoom
02-12-2013, 04:14 PM
So let's say the person who doesn't eat leftovers has a wife and daughter who devours them. Would you say that said such wife and daughter do not watch their weight and do not have a lot of self-control?

I don't judge. My wife and I happen to enjoy leftovers (and cake) and she's quite lovely, if I do say so.

BroncoNut
02-12-2013, 04:22 PM

maybe.

welcome VonDoom. who is your favorite bronco?

WTE
I don't judge. My wife and I happen to enjoy leftovers (and cake) and she's quite lovely, if I do say so.

I rest my case your honor!

BroncoNut

do you swing by chance?

PatriotsGuy
02-12-2013, 04:26 PM
I rest my case your honor!

Are you saying Mrs. VonDoom is fat?

WTE
02-12-2013, 04:28 PM
Are you saying Mrs. VonDoom is fat?

No, I'm saying that normal people eat leftovers and cake.

BroncoNut
02-12-2013, 04:29 PM
No, I'm saying that normal people eat leftovers and cake.
i don't know. sounded to me like you were suggesting Mrs. Vandoom is a fat pig

WTE
02-12-2013, 04:32 PM
i don't know. sounded to me like you were suggesting Mrs. Vandoom is a fat pig

I never said anything about VanDumb's wife.

BroncoNut
02-12-2013, 04:48 PM
I never said anything about VanDumb's wife.

see there you did..

VonDoom
02-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Ouch. Tough room

slim
02-12-2013, 05:19 PM
VonDoom, ignore them.

They are idiots.

MOtorboat
02-12-2013, 05:21 PM
VonDoom, ignore them.

They are idiots.

That's rich.

slim
02-12-2013, 05:23 PM
That's rich.

Say what now?

Don't make me go all beastfromtheeast on you.

Dreadnought
02-12-2013, 06:23 PM
Say what now?

Don't make me go all beastfromtheeast on you.

I think I saw him (BFE) on "Justified"

Dapper Dan
02-13-2013, 07:13 PM
I think I saw him (BFE) on "Justified"

That show makes me want to drink.

Dapper Dan
02-13-2013, 07:14 PM
I don't like cake.

MOtorboat
02-13-2013, 07:16 PM
I don't like cake.

Heathen.

Dapper Dan
02-13-2013, 07:19 PM
Heathen.

I'd take fried boloney over cake any day.

MOtorboat
02-13-2013, 07:25 PM
I'd take fried boloney over cake any day.

I don't even know what "fried boloney" is...

Timmy!
02-13-2013, 07:41 PM
I don't even know what "fried boloney" is...

Ive never seen or had it, and it doesnt sound very good, but id bet its bologna that has been deep fat fried. Stupid midget.

Dapper Dan
02-13-2013, 07:44 PM
You just spray some cooking spray in a pan and cook a slice of boloney, aka bologna. It can be eaten with crackers, Ritz or saltine, or white bread. I enjoy it. Cake is too sugary, IMO.

Dapper Dan
02-13-2013, 07:46 PM
Ive never seen or had it, and it doesnt sound very good, but id bet its bologna that has been deep fat fried. Stupid midget.

I always though it was interesting that you list Montucky considering that I live in Monticello, Kentucky.

MOtorboat
02-13-2013, 07:47 PM
That sounds disgusting.

Dapper Dan
02-13-2013, 07:52 PM
That sounds disgusting.

I'm wondering if anyone else has tried it. Maybe Arkansas people.

SR
02-13-2013, 07:52 PM
Heathen.

Says the guy who doesn't like bacon

SR
02-13-2013, 07:53 PM
I'm wondering if anyone else has tried it. Maybe Arkansas people.

I have. It's not as good as fried spam on toast with mayo and American cheese. I personally find that white trash meal a gem.

Dapper Dan
02-13-2013, 07:54 PM

For serious? That's one thing I don't understand. Thanks for bringing that to our attention. Bacon is amazing.

SR
For serious? That's one thing I don't understand. Thanks for bringing that to our attention. Bacon is amazing.

The "MO against bacon" campaign needs a lot more attention IMO.

Dapper Dan
I have. It's not as good as fried spam on toast with mayo and American cheese. I personally find that white trash meal a gem.

My wife likes Spam and Taters. I had never tried it before we met. I think it's a rez thing.

SR
02-13-2013, 07:55 PM
My wife likes Spam and Taters. I had never tried it before we met. I think it's a rez thing.

My buddy Chad turned me on to the spam sandwich I described before. It's actually pretty tasty. A little salty, but good.

Timmy!
02-13-2013, 07:57 PM

Well he doesnt like poon either, so its not a real shocker.

MOtorboat
02-13-2013, 07:58 PM

I had bacon gravy over biscuits for breakfast on Sunday at a friend's place. His wife insisted on bacon over sausage. I kept my mouth shut because they were feeding me.

Dapper Dan
02-13-2013, 07:59 PM
I had bacon gravy over biscuits for breakfast on Sunday at a friend's place. His wife insisted on bacon over sausage. I kept my mouth shut because they were feeding me.

Bacon gravy is awesome. Again, something I hadn't tried before my wife.

MOtorboat
02-13-2013, 08:00 PM
Well he doesnt like poon either, so its not a real shocker.

This is a complete lie.

And for the record, it's cake for Pete's sake. Cake. How can you possibly not like cake?

slim
02-13-2013, 08:03 PM
I don't really like cake that much either.

MO, I saw a place selling bacon/maple donuts today and I thought of you.

SR

My father in law uses bacon for his biscuit gravy. It's too greasy and not my favorite, but he feeds me.

SR
This is a complete lie.

And for the record, it's cake for Pete's sake. Cake. How can you possibly not like cake?

Substitute bacon for cake and ask the same question. It's a travesty MO. You'll just have to accept it.

SR

Those are so ******* good.

MOtorboat
02-13-2013, 08:04 PM

That sounds disgusting.

slim
02-13-2013, 08:04 PM
Those are so ******* good.

I haven't tried it yet. But I will stop tomorrow on the way to work and check it out.

SR
02-13-2013, 08:05 PM
I haven't tried it yet. But I will stop tomorrow on the way to work and check it out.

Your entire outlook on donuts will forever change.

MOtorboat
02-13-2013, 08:07 PM
So, is this bacon-flavored frosting, or does it actually have bits of bacon in the donut. If there are bits of bacon in the donut, that would be about the most disgusting thing I could think of, except maybe fried bologna.

SR
02-13-2013, 08:09 PM
So, is this bacon-flavored frosting, or does it actually have bits of bacon in the donut. If there are bits of bacon in the donut, that would be about the most disgusting thing I could think of, except maybe fried bologna.

It's a maple glaze with bacon on it...pieces not strips

MOtorboat
02-13-2013, 08:10 PM
It's a maple glaze with bacon on it...pieces not strips

I would pick the bacon off of it.

Well, no, I wouldn't buy it to begin with, but if it were set in front of me, I would pick the bacon off. That's disgusting. Bacon bits are worse than bacon strips.

slim
02-13-2013, 08:12 PM
Pieces of bacon on top.

MO, I am looking forward to this. Don't you dare ruin this experience for me by trying to poison my mind with your anit-bacon propaganda.

SR
02-13-2013, 08:15 PM

Well, no, I wouldn't buy it to begin with, but if it were set in front of me, I would pick the bacon off. That's disgusting. Bacon bits are worse than bacon strips.

It's not bacon bits, it's savory, delicious bacon.

SR
02-13-2013, 08:15 PM

You're off your rocker.

MOtorboat
02-13-2013, 08:17 PM
You're off your rocker.

You don't like gravy.

MOtorboat
02-13-2013, 08:18 PM
Pieces of bacon on top.

MO, I am looking forward to this. Don't you dare ruin this experience for me by trying to poison my mind with your anit-bacon propaganda.

I'm sure it will be like gnawing on little pieces of rubber that vaguely resemble the taste of pork, but get down with your bad self.

SR
02-13-2013, 08:20 PM
You don't like gravy.

Never said that.

slim
02-13-2013, 08:20 PM
I'm sure it will be like gnawing on little pieces of rubber that vaguely resemble the taste of pork, but get down with your bad self.

We are not talking about fake bacon flavored bits, but freshly cooked real bacon that is then crumbled into tiny pieces.

If you think bacon is rubbery, then you are not eating bacon.

SR
02-13-2013, 08:23 PM
We are not talking about fake bacon flavored bits, but freshly cooked real bacon that is then crumbled into tiny pieces.

If you think bacon is rubbery, then you are not eating bacon.

Slim, I don't think MO knows good bacon.

MOtorboat
02-13-2013, 08:25 PM
Slim, I don't think MO knows good bacon.

Good bacon is hard to find. I've had it a few times. It's tolerable.

SR
02-13-2013, 08:27 PM
Good bacon is hard to find. I've had it a few times. It's tolerable.

Good bacon isn't hard to find MO...you're just making excuses. How much longer does this need to continue? I want you to quit being holier than thou and be like the rest of us minions with our bacon.

WTE
02-13-2013, 08:29 PM
Good bacon isn't hard to find MO...you're just making excuses. How much longer does this need to continue? I want you to quit being holier than thou and be like the rest of us minions with our bacon.

I hate how it takes so long to cook a pound or more of bacon. I also hate when people try to take just one piece while you're cooking it b/c it smells so good and they're getting hungry.

MOtorboat
02-13-2013, 08:33 PM

I don't think I have a holier than thou attitude about it. I'm not telling you not to eat it, I'm telling you I think it tastes terrible.

SR
02-13-2013, 08:42 PM
I don't think I have a holier than thou attitude about it. I'm not telling you not to eat it, I'm telling you I think it tastes terrible.

I'm kidding with you MO.

But seriously, your taste buds are broken

MOtorboat
02-13-2013, 08:46 PM
I'm kidding with you MO.

But seriously, your taste buds are broken

I never thought this conversation was overly serious...

My taste buds are right. Everyone else's are wrong.

SR
02-13-2013, 08:55 PM
I never thought this conversation was overly serious...

My taste buds are right. Everyone else's are wrong.

Just making sure.

And usually if a person thinks they're right but everyone else is wrong, it's the person that thinks they're right that is actually wrong. And also those people are usually called democrats. Just sayin.

MOtorboat
02-13-2013, 08:58 PM
Just making sure.

And usually if a person thinks they're right but everyone else is wrong, it's the person that thinks they're right that is actually wrong. And also those people are usually called democrats. Just sayin.

BTW, liked Dark Side, but not as much as Third Stone. I tried Levity for the first time the other day. Bought another sixer of it tonight. It is an excellent brew. Maybe my new favorite.

SR
02-13-2013, 09:21 PM
BTW, liked Dark Side, but not as much as Third Stone. I tried Levity for the first time the other day. Bought another sixer of it tonight. It is an excellent brew. Maybe my new favorite.

Fantastic. Glad to hear.