PDA

View Full Version : Preseason

Superchop 7
02-07-2013, 10:40 PM
Thoughts on how much Brock should play in the pre-season.......not alot of work during the regular season.

Manning usually plays poorly during the pre season....

I would like to see Brock get more time under center.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-07-2013, 10:51 PM
Not sure what to expect with the new OC this year.

Dapper Dan
02-07-2013, 10:59 PM
He may play all of the preseason, unless John Elway gets gives someone a chance to compete with Oz. But John is too stubborn.

Simple Jaded
02-08-2013, 12:03 PM
He may play all of the preseason, unless John Elway gets gives someone a chance to compete with Oz. But John is too stubborn.

Well he is trying to hide Osweiler on the depth chart, that's obvious.......

NightTerror218
02-08-2013, 03:30 PM
I think he will get a lot of 2nd half play. Maybe some first half play if things go well. Haine will get 4th quarter clean up.

SR
02-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Thoughts on how much Brock should play in the pre-season.......not alot of work during the regular season.

Brock won't play any more than any other second stringer on any other team in the NFL.

Tebowtime2011
02-09-2013, 12:52 AM

Brock won't play any more than any other second stringer on any other team in the NFL. There is a difference, brock osweiler was drafted as the starting qb of the future. Most other 2nd string qbs are not expected to be the starting qb of the future.

TXBRONC
02-10-2013, 07:10 AM
Osweiler will get more snaps than he did last year because he's going have work his way up the depth chart. I don't know how Manning did in the preseason when he was with Colts what I do know is that he played pretty well for us. We're going to see a formula similar to last season's with difference being Osweiler will be the second guy off the bench. Manning will play into the 3rd quarter of the 3rd preseason game and Osweiler will start the fourth preseason game and probably play at least a half. Regardless of who the offensive coordinator is the formula is used league wide. The Colts and Redskins did it differently but obviously we all know why that was the case.

spikerman
02-10-2013, 09:59 AM
I'm curious to see what the offense does during the preseason. It's as much a chance for Gase to practice calling games as it is for the players on the field. I hope his tendencies are very different from McCoy's to keep teams from using last year's games to try to figure out how to defend this offense.

vettesplus
02-10-2013, 02:17 PM
i see him playing alot, but not as a bronco....jmo

spikerman
02-10-2013, 02:36 PM
i see him playing alot, but not as a bronco....jmo

You think he'll be traded?

Dapper Dan
02-10-2013, 07:32 PM
You think he'll be traded?

No. He'll randomly play for other teams to get more playing time.

SR
02-10-2013, 07:54 PM
There is a difference, brock osweiler was drafted as the starting qb of the future. Most other 2nd string qbs are not expected to be the starting qb of the future.

Irrelevant.

spikerman
02-10-2013, 08:06 PM
No. He'll randomly play for other teams to get more playing time.

Maybe he thinks they'll draft another QB and cut him, who knows what his reasoning is, but sarcasm doesn't become you.

Dapper Dan
02-10-2013, 08:14 PM
Maybe he thinks they'll draft another QB and cut him, who knows what his reasoning is, but sarcasm doesn't become you.

In the list of possible reasons I'm thinking trade is above cut.

I also think it would make sense for people to explain their reasoning so people don't have to fish for it.

TXBRONC
02-10-2013, 08:20 PM
I'm curious to see what the offense does during the preseason. It's as much a chance for Gase to practice calling games as it is for the players on the field. I hope his tendencies are very different from McCoy's to keep teams from using last year's games to try to figure out how to defend this offense.

We probably wont learn very much about Gase's style of play calling during the preseason. I expect it will be vanilla during the preseason.

spikerman
02-10-2013, 08:20 PM
In the list of possible reasons I'm thinking trade is above cut.

I also think it would make sense for people to explain their reasoning so people don't have to fish for it.

I don't think he's going anywhere and I agree with you on the second point.

spikerman
02-10-2013, 08:21 PM
We probably wont learn very much about Gase's style of play calling during the preseason. I expect it will be vanilla during the preseason.

I think there's a lot of validity to this, but since he wants to run an even faster version of the hurry up I would like to see if they practice some of that. Even if not, it will give him a chance to call plays at (near) game speed. Since he's inexperienced at it every little bit helps.

TXBRONC
02-10-2013, 08:24 PM

Vette throwing out there he doesn't think Osweiler will not get playing time with Denver seems illogical without any context.

Dapper Dan
02-10-2013, 08:31 PM
Vette throwing out there he doesn't think Osweiler will not get playing time with Denver seems illogical without any context.
Maybe he knows something you don't.

TXBRONC
02-10-2013, 08:33 PM
I think there's a lot of validity to this, but since he wants to run an even faster version of the hurry up I would like to see if they practice some of that. Even if not, it will give him a chance to call plays at (near) game speed. Since he's inexperienced at it every little bit helps.

Me too. I would love to see them show us a faster version of the hurry up offense because it make the preseason a little more exciting. The most logical place to roll it out would be the third preseason game.

SR
02-10-2013, 08:34 PM

I think the notion that Denver would ditch Brock is just plain stupid.

TXBRONC
02-10-2013, 08:44 PM
Maybe he knows something you don't.

It's possible but I doubt it.