PDA

View Full Version : Broncos evidently have easiest 2013 schedule

cmc0605
02-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Not that it means much in this league, but at least we get another year of everyone telling us who we haven't played
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000137125/article/panthers-face-toughest-strength-of-schedule-in-2013

UnderArmour
02-07-2013, 07:26 PM
I don't think so. The Chargers and Chiefs are going to bounce back. I think we go 12-4 and drop one game to either San Diego or the Chiefs, 2 to NFC East teams, and one to Houston or New England on the road. The league changes every year due to player movements, good drafting, and whatnot. Who could have predicted the resurgence of the Colts, the Seahawks, or the Redskins? Of course, after we go out and add talent of our own my prediction will be 19-0.

Dapper Dan
02-07-2013, 09:21 PM
It doesn't really mean much. Those numbers are all black and white. I guess they assume we should easily beat KC twice, not accounting for the difficulty of games in KC.

wayninja
02-07-2013, 10:05 PM
We are going to be so good that I predict our record will 11-0 by week 4.

DenBronx
02-08-2013, 12:26 AM
At the beggining of last year we supposedly had the toughest schedule. My thoughts were 9, maybe 10 wins.

So, I am a little nervous when they say easiest schedule because each year teams change.

I still think we can win 12 games and get a first round bye.

Timmy!
02-08-2013, 01:58 AM
I dont think its an easy schedule, but the Broncos should win the division unless something crazy happens. Houston, New England, Baltimore, Indy, Washington are all playoff teams. Any schedule where u play 5 playoff teams and the last 2 world champions isnt "easy"

TXBRONC
02-08-2013, 06:24 AM
I don't think so. The Chargers and Chiefs are going to bounce back. I think we go 12-4 and drop one game to either San Diego or the Chiefs, 2 to NFC East teams, and one to Houston or New England on the road. The league changes every year due to player movements, good drafting, and whatnot. Who could have predicted the resurgence of the Colts, the Seahawks, or the Redskins? Of course, after we go out and add talent of our own my prediction will be 19-0.

The only team in the NFC East that I see Denver struggling with is the Redskins.

silkamilkamonico
02-08-2013, 07:50 AM
I dont at all believe in the redskins.
Giants will be tough, they always are.
Dallas will always remain an enigma of a game with the talent they have.

MileHighCrew
02-08-2013, 08:51 AM
The Broncos are going to be so good, any schedule would be easy :)

vandammage13
02-08-2013, 08:55 AM
It's tough to say...last year we had one of the toughest schedules on paper going in to the year...but after week 5 or so it ended up being arguably one of the easiest...

You can't really base the schedule difficulty off of last year....NFL teams constantly get a lot better or a lot worse overnight it seems.

weazel
02-08-2013, 11:11 AM
At the beggining of last year we supposedly had the toughest schedule. My thoughts were 9, maybe 10 wins.

So, I am a little nervous when they say easiest schedule because each year teams change.

I still think we can win 12 games and get a first round bye.

yep, I remember the headline was something about "Broncos have toughest schedule of all time"... then when we started winning the headlines changed to "Broncos breezing through easy schedule".

wayninja
02-08-2013, 01:57 PM
The Broncos will be so good, even with 2 Rahim Moore's, we will still win the superbowl

Chef Zambini
02-08-2013, 03:37 PM
6 games in the afc west makes our schedule the easiest.
all speculative sillyness at this point. as many have stated.

last year we were forcast with the TOUGHEST schedule and at the end of the season everyone was discounting our record because of our opposition!

its all a pile of scrotum hair in a windstorm!
not worth much to begin with,
and totally worthless when its all over.

DenBronx
02-08-2013, 03:59 PM

skins_fan82
02-12-2013, 01:43 PM
I dont at all believe in the redskins.

May I ask why? Of course I might be biased :D , but the Redskins were the #1 rushing team in the NFL, and the 4th highest scoring offense in the league.

Their defense sucked this year, but 4 of their 11 starters were gone by week 4 with season ending injuries.

If RG3 and all the defensive starters are back and 100% by September, do not sleep on the Skins when they come to town next year.

VonDoom
02-12-2013, 02:18 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't dismiss the Redskins, or any of those NFC East teams, really. The Giants will bounce back, and the Cowboys are ... well, the Cowboys. Even with Washington and Baltimore at home, I think the home schedule is fairly easy. I don't like the road schedule, though - Houston, Indy, Dallas, NYG and NE? That seems pretty difficult. I don't know how to read the division games - I suspect they'll be easy, but nothing is ever really easy within the division. Does anyone expect us to go 6-0 again? Still, I'd be mighty surprised if we don't win the division again.

Ravage!!!
02-12-2013, 03:51 PM
How is it we play NE again??? :confused:

skins_fan82
02-12-2013, 03:55 PM
How is it we play NE again??? :confused:

Division winners, 1st place team playing other 1st place teams.

@ Vondoom, I can see the Broncos going 6-0 again against the afc west. maybe lose a fluke game to SD, but I definitely don't seem them doing any worse than 4-2.

VonDoom
02-12-2013, 03:55 PM
Division winners all play each other. The real question is why do we play the Pats IN NE again?

sneakers
02-12-2013, 04:27 PM
Fug yeah!

TXBRONC
02-13-2013, 07:55 AM
May I ask why? Of course I might be biased :D , but the Redskins were the #1 rushing team in the NFL, and the 4th highest scoring offense in the league.

Their defense sucked this year, but 4 of their 11 starters were gone by week 4 with season ending injuries.

If RG3 and all the defensive starters are back and 100% by September, do not sleep on the Skins when they come to town next year.

Even without RGIII the Redskins will be difficult. I think the chances of him being 100% probably wont happen so that could give us a little bit of an advantage.

Dapper Dan
02-13-2013, 08:36 AM
Even without RGIII the Redskins will be difficult. I think the chances of him being 100% probably wont happen so that could give us a little bit of an advantage.

Also, being that it's Shanahan's team, I expect for 3-5 of his starters to somehow be injured.

zbeg
02-13-2013, 12:34 PM
Division winners all play each other. The real question is why do we play the Pats IN NE again?

Because that's just how it worked out. Denver's scheduled to play @AFCEastTeam in 2013. Denver and New England happened to win their divisions, so Denver (1st place AFC West) plays at New England (1st place AFC East).

DenBronx
02-13-2013, 04:05 PM
Because that's just how it worked out. Denver's scheduled to play @AFCEastTeam in 2013. Denver and New England happened to win their divisions, so Denver (1st place AFC West) plays at New England (1st place AFC East).

Everyone gets that part, what we don't get is why do we ALWAYS seem to play NE IN NE all the dang time? This game is going to be a primetime game too. For once I want to see that weazel Tom Brady come to Denver, especially since we have a team that is well rounded.

weazel
02-13-2013, 04:09 PM
TG3 lasts 3 seasons...

zbeg
02-13-2013, 06:48 PM
Everyone gets that part, what we don't get is why do we ALWAYS seem to play NE IN NE all the dang time? This game is going to be a primetime game too. For once I want to see that weazel Tom Brady come to Denver, especially since we have a team that is well rounded.

The Patriots played two of the last three regular season meetings in Denver. Remember the OT win in the horrid uniforms? There was a Tebow start in there as well two years ago. By my count, Brady's played six games in Denver.

Why does it seem like the Broncos ALWAYS play NE in NE all the dang time? Because your memory is faulty. ;-)

VonDoom
02-13-2013, 09:07 PM
Huh. I really thought the 2011 game with Tebow was in NE. I guess my memory IS faulty

zbeg
02-14-2013, 12:24 AM
Huh. I really thought the 2011 game with Tebow was in NE. I guess my memory IS faulty

It didn't feel like a home game. Ugh. :-(

VonDoom
02-14-2013, 07:13 AM
It didn't feel like a home game. Ugh. :-(

Yeah, I think that's probably what threw me. I figured a disaster like that had to be on the road.