PDA

View Full Version : Tim Thomas traded to the Islanders...

weazel
02-07-2013, 05:26 PM
dotn know the details just yet

WTE
02-07-2013, 07:05 PM
dotn know the details just yet

Tim Thomas is sitting the year out in his Colorado bunker. He said he will return next year and this trade does not affect those plans.

Boston gets a conditional 2nd round pick in 2014 or 2015. It's conditional b/c if Thomas returns this year or next Boston gets the pick. If he never returns they get nothing.

NYI made the trade b/c they need to reach the cap floor. This might also give NYI some trade bait.

MileHighCrew
02-08-2013, 08:48 AM
If I played for NY I would be pissed they didn't get a playing plyer to reach the cap floor to help the team

weazel
02-08-2013, 11:14 AM
the best thing about it is he counts towards 5 million on the cap but they dont even have to give him one cent because he is suspended... Boston gets to free up 5 million on the cap so they can load up with another top flight player, perfect trade for both teams.

Thomas is done, he won't play again.

WTE
02-08-2013, 12:32 PM
the best thing about it is he counts towards 5 million on the cap but they dont even have to give him one cent because he is suspended... Boston gets to free up 5 million on the cap so they can load up with another top flight player, perfect trade for both teams.

Thomas is done, he won't play again.

I didn't realize that NYI was already above the floor b/c they unsuspended a Russian player who has failed to report. However, the Thomas trade is still beneficial to them because it allows them to make other trades w/out worrying about going below the floor.

weazel
02-08-2013, 01:20 PM
I didn't realize that NYI was already above the floor b/c they unsuspended a Russian player who has failed to report. However, the Thomas trade is still beneficial to them because it allows them to make other trades w/out worrying about going below the floor.

not necessarily. Visnovsky has to report for him to count towards the cap and New York doesn't think he will, even if he does the deadline was this morning.

BroncoNut
02-08-2013, 01:56 PM
Well I hope he has a boat