PDA

View Full Version : Who wins? Broncos or Titans on MNF

RunYouOver
11-13-2007, 05:23 PM
Congrats to broncos9697, UnderArmour on correctly picking the broncos for 14+ last week.

Well, now the Titans are coming to Denver to play the Broncos on Monday Night Football.

Who wins?

Week 10 correct picks: broncos9697, UnderArmour

Week 9 corrct picks: none

Week 8 correct picks: none

Week 7 Winners:
2- Minute Warning, Denver Native (Carol), NameUsedBefore

Week 6: Bye

Week 5 Jrwiz, The Dark Knight

Week 4 Correct Picks: BaileyTheBest, BANJOPICKER1, BroncoManiac_69, Dream, lex, Link, Medford Bronco, Nomad B, sanluis, Slick7, The Dark Knight, TheWookieeBronco, Watchthemiddle

Week 3 Correct Picks: None

Week 2 Correct Picks: Broncosinindy

Week 1 Correct Picks: broncosinindy, dogfish, Nomad B, Slick7

BaiLeY324
11-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Broncos 5-9 yeeeeeeee

Medford Bronco
11-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Denver 23 Titans 20

another Elam game IMO

Lonestar
11-13-2007, 05:46 PM
home field advantage keeps it under 10 points for a Titan win.

DEN 21 TEN 30

BroncoWave
11-13-2007, 06:10 PM
Titans by 14+

Day1BroncoFan
11-13-2007, 06:36 PM
Broncos by 6.

Broncos Mtnman
11-13-2007, 06:50 PM
If they can beat the Chefs in Arrowhead by 16, they can win big at home.

Broncos over Titans....

27 - 14

topscribe
11-13-2007, 07:05 PM
The Broncos' run defense has improved, and the Titans don't have Brett Favre.

Broncos 21-10.

-----

Lonestar
11-13-2007, 07:17 PM
The Broncos' run defense has improved, and the Titans don't have Brett Favre.

Broncos 21-10.

-----

improved against whom? KC lets get real here..

Broncos Mtnman
11-13-2007, 07:48 PM

Well JR, the run defense has improved. After averaging over 180 ypg in the first 5 weeks, the defense has done the following....

119 Pitt

105 GB

130 Det

67 KC

So yep, they have improved.

TXBRONC
11-13-2007, 07:50 PM

Really?

I believe you picked Denver to lose by 10-13 points last week. And you also said Preist Holmes is a fine running back. Well Denver's defense held that fine running back to 3.5 ypc.

Lonestar
11-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Really?

I believe you picked Denver to lose by 10-13 points last week. And you also said Preist Holmes is a fine running back. Well Denver's defense held that fine running back to 3.5 ypc.

Yep I did and yes he is, had the passing game not been beyond bad, I suspect he would have had a much better game. Is he the same guy he used to be now but the OLINE over there has major problems..

Yes we improved over the previous weeks but even I can not believe how bad KC stunk last week.

Must have been our great defense huh?

TXBRONC
11-13-2007, 08:00 PM
Yep I did and yes he is, had the passing game not been beyond bad, I suspect he would have had a much better game. Is he the same guy he used to be now but the OLINE over there has major problems..

Yes we improved over the previous weeks but even I can not believe how bad KC stunk last week.

Must have been our great defense huh?

He's same back? You obviously did watch the game.

It must be you have dysfuntion with reading huh? I never said they were great.

Lonestar
11-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Well JR, the run defense has improved. After averaging over 180 ypg in the first 5 weeks, the defense has done the following....

119 Pitt 151

105 GB 77

130 DET 82

67 KC 78

So yep, they have improved.

Number in red are the team averages.
they are still second to last in the league 151

Yes they have improved but:

DET is fourth from last in team rushing,

KC is second to last in team rushing..

GB is last in team rushing,

Hardly something to write home about.. But then if you wish to be happy about it great..

Some things are easy to improve upon

wandlc
11-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Broncos by 10-13, score 24-13

TXBRONC
11-13-2007, 09:47 PM
24-17 Denver

broncosfanscott
11-15-2007, 01:34 PM
Broncos 28 Titans 20

Nomad
11-15-2007, 01:46 PM
BRONCOS 26
Titans 23

23-19 at the 2 min warning! Denver on their 42, Cutler drops back throws a short pass to Young who uses his speed and agility to run it in for the score! :defense:holds the Titans and BRONCOS win!

SR
11-15-2007, 02:27 PM
Number in red are the team averages.
they are still second to last in the league 151

Yes they have improved but:

DET is fourth from last in team rushing,

KC is second to last in team rushing..

GB is last in team rushing,

Hardly something to write home about.. But then if you wish to be happy about it great..

Some things are easy to improve upon

Do the rest of the research for the games before that...we allowed some pretty mediocre rushing offenses run rampant on us this year. We're improving. We aren't even 'good' yet, but we're getting better.

EDIT: I picked Denver by 5-9. Don't let us down this week!!

champbronc2
11-15-2007, 03:16 PM
I think VY is gonna blow and throw 2+ ints.

Lonestar
11-15-2007, 03:57 PM
Do the rest of the research for the games before that...we allowed some pretty mediocre rushing offenses run rampant on us this year. We're improving. We aren't even 'good' yet, but we're getting better.

EDIT: I picked Denver by 5-9. Don't let us down this week!!

While you are correct about the other teams What I was trying to show was we did indeed hold these teams to less than average they were in the first place really poor running teams before they got to DEN's game.

So what did we actually do slow down an already pathetic team BIG DEAL.

sanluis
11-15-2007, 04:05 PM
20-17 Tenn.. Last minute TD run by Young spoils Denver's day. Sorry guys :D

Medford Bronco
11-15-2007, 04:06 PM
20-17 Tenn.. Last minute TD run by Young spoils Denver's day. Sorry guys :D

you mean we cant depend on a missed fg to win -:laugh:

JK sanluis. :salute:

sanluis
11-15-2007, 04:11 PM
you mean we cant depend on a missed fg to win -:laugh:

JK sanluis. :salute:

NO! That is our gig! :D

Medford Bronco
11-15-2007, 05:54 PM
NO! That is our gig! :D

next thing you know you can borrow
the tuck rule for the next Chargers vs Raiders game :laugh:

TXBRONC
11-15-2007, 09:02 PM
While you are correct about the other teams What I was trying to show was we did indeed hold these teams to less than average they were in the first place really poor running teams before they got to DEN's game.

So what did we actually do slow down an already pathetic team BIG DEAL.

Apparently you didn't think the Chiefs were that pathetic before the game.

http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4617&page=2

chefs by 12

That's 28 point swing between what you predicted and the final score.

Lonestar
11-16-2007, 01:38 AM
Apparently you didn't think the Chiefs were that pathetic before the game.

http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4617&page=2

That's 28 point swing between what you predicted and the final score.

Yep I had not followed as much this year as I should I had thought that LJ was playing in the game when I made that prediction.

I made a mistake crap happens.. Not many other games I have been so wrong on..

Was wondering how long it would take someone to dig this one up.

Like it matters..

sanluis
11-16-2007, 03:19 PM
next thing you know you can borrow
the tuck rule for the next Chargers vs Raiders game :laugh:

Tuck rule, fold rule whatever it takes man!:D

broncos9697
11-16-2007, 04:26 PM
just like last week broncos by at least 14...

tenn.they have no QB young his not a passer,he's a runner...........they have a few good not great wr....
running back nope dont have one

sanluis
11-16-2007, 06:25 PM
just like last week broncos by at least 14...

tenn.they have no QB young his not a passer,he's a runner...........they have a few good not great wr....
running back nope dont have one

Good thing stopping the run is such a strength in the AFCW!!!:laugh:

TXBRONC
11-16-2007, 09:22 PM
Good thing stopping the run is such a strength in the AFCW!!!:laugh:

It will be very tall order for Denver's defense but if they can keep Young in obvious passing situation and keep him contained in the pocket in those situations I like their chances of winning.

TXBRONC
11-16-2007, 09:39 PM
Yep I had not followed as much this year as I should I had thought that LJ was playing in the game when I made that prediction.

I made a mistake crap happens.. Not many other games I have been so wrong on..

Was wondering how long it would take someone to dig this one up.

Like it matters..

It really wasn't intended as a gotcha.

At anyrate you weren't critcizing the Chiefs as pathetic before the game and you did pick them to win regardless of your estimation of their talent.

Jr at best you're running about .500 on how many times you've been right verse how many times you've been wrong.

Uncle Buck
11-16-2007, 10:10 PM
I hope I don't "curse" 'em by predicting a win, cuz I've been wrong all year! When I zig, they zag.

But I'm stickin' my neck out here with: DEN 34 - TEN 21

Lonestar
11-17-2007, 12:57 AM
It really wasn't intended as a gotcha.

At anyrate you weren't critcizing the Chiefs as pathetic before the game and you did pick them to win regardless of your estimation of their talent.

Jr at best you're running about .500 on how many times you've been right verse how many times you've been wrong.

Your correct I thought them to be a better team than they were. I did not expect LJ to be out when I was picking and even if he were I thought that Priest would be a decent backup. After all I think he does hold all the KC records yet.

I also thought that the KC curse would get the team it did not and I was wrong.

Thanks for keeping track for me.

TXBRONC
11-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Your correct I thought them to be a better team than they were. I did not expect LJ to be out when I was picking and even if he were I thought that Priest would be a decent backup. After all I think he does hold all the KC records yet.

I also thought that the KC curse would get the team it did not and I was wrong.

Thanks for keeping track for me.

You're welcome I'm glad I could help out. ;)

By the way I really don't keep track of you, but you do say memorable things. :D

Lonestar
11-17-2007, 02:51 PM
You're welcome I'm glad I could help out. ;)

By the way I really don't keep track of you, but you do say memorable things. :D

Glad to know your paying attention perhaps you'll learn from your elders.

;)

sneakers
11-18-2007, 06:29 AM
Broncos by 13.

SR
11-18-2007, 06:43 AM
Current odds:

Broncos by 2.

champbronc2
11-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Oh I was oh so close!:rolleyes:

Lonestar
11-20-2007, 02:56 PM
well blew that one. Lets now hope they can win out and win the superbowl cause getting decent draft choice just went up the river..

TXBRONC
11-20-2007, 07:13 PM
well blew that one. Lets now hope they can win out and win the superbowl cause getting decent draft choice just went up the river..

Right. Did you forget the year we drafted Cutler, we were in AFC Championship game just three months prior to his drafting?

omac
11-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Right. Did you forget the year we drafted Cutler, we were in AFC Championship game just three months prior to his drafting?

Great point! :salute: There are other ways besides losing to get a high draft pick.

Lonestar
11-20-2007, 11:15 PM

Do you forget what we gave up to get the 11th pick. We did not get it because we played in the game.

OB
11-20-2007, 11:18 PM
jr/tx were u both born n raised in tx - just wondering

Lonestar
11-21-2007, 12:26 AM

Born in DEN moved to West TX 20 years ago..

TXBRONC
11-21-2007, 07:53 AM

No, I was raised in Wyoming. When I was a senior in high school I moved out to West Texas.

SR
11-21-2007, 07:57 AM
And then there's me...live in west central Texas for the past 4.5 years:D

OB
11-21-2007, 11:25 AM
I just ask cause the way you two go at it sometimes :laugh:

You know them texans - they can be awful ornery (not horny ;) ornery - LOL)

OB
11-21-2007, 11:25 AM
And then there's me...live in west central Texas for the past 4.5 years:D

Where were you born and raised (mainly)?

Lonestar
11-21-2007, 12:14 PM
No, I was raised in Wyoming. When I was a senior in high school I moved out to West Texas.

Midland is called Midland for a reason it means middle. Not West Texas.

Just becuase you are west of Dallas does not make you West Texas.

Now maybe east of West Texas could work.

Good try though..

SR
11-21-2007, 12:16 PM
What the hell crawled up your ass JR?

Abilene, by a lot of people, is considered West Texas, like it or not.

And for the record, west Texas sucks. If God had to insert an enema in the US, it would be right square in all of west Texas.

Lonestar
11-21-2007, 02:44 PM

And for the record, west Texas sucks. If God had to insert an enema in the US, it would be right square in all of west Texas.

You will not get a rebuttal by me..

TX and I have this thing going about West Texas.. Being from midland he thinks he is from there.

I have driven though Abilene and it is 7 hours from the real west TEXAS..

I know that most folks in Dallas believe that anything east of them is east TX and everything west of Fort worth is West Texas but they are wrong..

OB
11-21-2007, 03:50 PM

TX and I have this thing going about West Texas.. Being from midland he thinks he is from there.

I know that most folks in Dallas believe that anything east of them is east TX and everything west of Fort worth is West Texas but they are wrong..

I love get texans all riled up - and its so easy too ;)

j/k - Jr/Tx - Ive followed your lil pissin match for awhile :laugh:

Son, there are only two things found in Texas - steers and queers - and you aint wearin any horns :rofl:

TXBRONC
11-21-2007, 07:34 PM

Here you go bub.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Texas

West Texas is a region in Texas that has more in common geographically with the Southwestern United States than it does with the rest of the state. The area is known for its natural beauty and has many small mountain ranges. This part of Texas is in the Northern Chihuahua Desert, and the high mountain areas have a climate that many find pleasant: cold nights but warm afternoons in winter, hot days but cool nights in the summer. West Texas has a much lower population density than the rest of the state. It was once mostly inhabited by nomadic Native American tribes such as the Apache, Comanche, and Kiowa until after the Civil War. It does not have as many ties to the Southern United States as does East Texas, although many of the people who currently populate West Texas are also migrants from other parts of Texas and other Southern states or their descendants. There is a very large Hispanic population, especially near the Rio Grande. Many Mexicans fled Ojinaga and walked to Stonewall during the Mexican revolution in the early days of the 20th century. Many Mexican-Americans still have close family ties in Mexico.

El Paso is the largest city in West Texas.West Texas receives much less rainfall than the rest of Texas and has an arid or semi-arid climate, requiring most of its scant agriculture to be heavily dependent on irrigation. This irrigation, and water taken out farther North for the needs of El Paso and Juarez, Mexico, has reduced both the Pecos River and the once mighty Rio Grande to a stream in some places, even dry at times. Much of West Texas has rugged terrain including many small mountain ranges while there are none in other parts of the state. West Texas contains part of the Chihuahuan Desert and also the Southern Great Plains, known as the Llano Estacado.

Due to their smaller numbers, many West Texans feel politically isolated from the rest of the state. There is a diverse mix in political philosophies found in West Texas. The area is known for its conservative politics — some of the most heavily Republican counties in the United States are located in the region, where United States President George W. Bush spent his early youth. At the same time there is a large number of Texas Democrats. However, many of these Democrats also vote for Republicans and support conservative issues such as Proposition Two, the anti-gay marriage initiative that Texas voters overwhelmingly supported.

The Chihuahuan desert covers much of southern West Texas west of the Pecos River.Major industries include livestock, petroleum and natural gas production, textiles such as cotton, grain farming and because of its proximity to the Mexican border, the maquiladora industry.

West Texas, with its sparsely populated and relatively unpolluted land and its wide vast openness, has also become a destination for people looking to get away from urban life, and although it appears to be only lightly populated, there are many people who own vacation homes there. However, the population is not expected to mushroom in the near future, as it is such a remote area. The main towns of Pecos, Marfa, Alpine, Marathon, Fort Davis, Valentine, and Van Horn are all approximately 2-3 hours from the nearest commercial airports in El Paso and Midland-Odessa.West Texas is now becoming known for is numerous wind turbine generators producing pollution free electricity. Some believe that Abilene Texas will be known as the windmill capital of North America.

By the way don't words in my mouth I know geography of Texas.

TXBRONC
11-21-2007, 07:36 PM

It is geographically apart of West Texas.

Lonestar
11-22-2007, 12:14 AM
Here you go bub.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Texas

West Texas is a region in Texas that has more in common geographically with the Southwestern United States than it does with the rest of the state. The area is known for its natural beauty and has many small mountain ranges. This part of Texas is in the Northern Chihuahua Desert, and the high mountain areas have a climate that many find pleasant: cold nights but warm afternoons in winter, hot days but cool nights in the summer. West Texas has a much lower population density than the rest of the state. It was once mostly inhabited by nomadic Native American tribes such as the Apache, Comanche, and Kiowa until after the Civil War. It does not have as many ties to the Southern United States as does East Texas, although many of the people who currently populate West Texas are also migrants from other parts of Texas and other Southern states or their descendants. There is a very large Hispanic population, especially near the Rio Grande. Many Mexicans fled Ojinaga and walked to Stonewall during the Mexican revolution in the early days of the 20th century. Many Mexican-Americans still have close family ties in Mexico.

El Paso is the largest city in West Texas.West Texas receives much less rainfall than the rest of Texas and has an arid or semi-arid climate, requiring most of its scant agriculture to be heavily dependent on irrigation. This irrigation, and water taken out farther North for the needs of El Paso and Juarez, Mexico, has reduced both the Pecos River and the once mighty Rio Grande to a stream in some places, even dry at times. Much of West Texas has rugged terrain including many small mountain ranges while there are none in other parts of the state. West Texas contains part of the Chihuahuan Desert and also the Southern Great Plains, known as the Llano Estacado.

Due to their smaller numbers, many West Texans feel politically isolated from the rest of the state. There is a diverse mix in political philosophies found in West Texas. The area is known for its conservative politics — some of the most heavily Republican counties in the United States are located in the region, where United States President George W. Bush spent his early youth. At the same time there is a large number of Texas Democrats. However, many of these Democrats also vote for Republicans and support conservative issues such as Proposition Two, the anti-gay marriage initiative that Texas voters overwhelmingly supported.

The Chihuahuan desert covers much of southern West Texas west of the Pecos River.Major industries include livestock, petroleum and natural gas production, textiles such as cotton, grain farming and because of its proximity to the Mexican border, the maquiladora industry.

West Texas, with its sparsely populated and relatively unpolluted land and its wide vast openness, has also become a destination for people looking to get away from urban life, and although it appears to be only lightly populated, there are many people who own vacation homes there. However, the population is not expected to mushroom in the near future, as it is such a remote area. The main towns of Pecos, Marfa, Alpine, Marathon, Fort Davis, Valentine, and Van Horn are all approximately 2-3 hours from the nearest commercial airports in El Paso and Midland-Odessa.West Texas is now becoming known for is numerous wind turbine generators producing pollution free electricity. Some believe that Abilene Texas will be known as the windmill capital of North America.

By the way don't words in my mouth I geographi

Thanks to a Eastern West Texan.

JR

TXBRONC
11-22-2007, 07:31 AM
Thanks to a Eastern West Texan.

JR

Well you sure will never be Lewis or Clark. :D

SR
11-22-2007, 07:31 AM

Seven hours west of Abilene puts you in Las Crusas, NM...at least when I drive it does. El Paso sucks, for the record. I f-ing hate driving through there en-route to Phoenix.

SR
11-22-2007, 07:33 AM
Abilene has a whole boat load of windmills. FWIW, Dyess AFB is the only government installation world-wide that is wind-powered.

Lonestar
11-22-2007, 01:41 PM
Seven hours west of Abilene puts you in Las Crusas, NM...at least when I drive it does. El Paso sucks, for the record. I f-ing hate driving through there en-route to Phoenix.

Well I used to think it was a decent place to live, I can't complain about the cost of living here due to the low wages everything but property taxes are affordable.

Low wages because of all the illegals here, many of the schools are completely overrun with them. The school district to the east of us 12 years ago added a 2800 kid school thinking between that one and the 3500 kid one to the south would be all they needed. Since then they have been putting one on line in the 2200 size every other year.. and of course that means a gazillion middle/elementary school combos to support them.

If you like great mexican food and green chilies there is no place better to live. With an airport here I can be almost anywhere civlized in 2 hours or less.

Lonestar
11-22-2007, 01:42 PM
Abilene has a whole boat load of windmills. FWIW, Dyess AFB is the only government installation world-wide that is wind-powered.

And I thought that ELP blew..

OB
11-22-2007, 11:20 PM
All I know is I never had allergies in CT and I moved here and Im allergy queen and it is worse when the wind blows from the Southwest (warm but it sucks for me) my boss said it was the West Texas Elms?

IDK but it pisses me off:mad:

Lonestar
11-23-2007, 12:32 AM
All I know is I never had allergies in CT and I moved here and Im allergy queen and it is worse when the wind blows from the Southwest (warm but it sucks for me) my boss said it was the West Texas Elms?

IDK but it pisses me off:mad:

I do not think there are many if any Elm trees in El Paso which is west Texas, Perhaps there are some over by the Pecos river basin or farther east in Eastern West Texas. There just is not enough rain fall to sustain them out here.. We get about 7" a year about the same amount many eastern cities get in a hard rain..

You know what is Ironic is the Sun Bowl is played during monsoon season and often played in the rain or lite snow fall..