PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos Have Decisions to Make on 16 Free Agents: Who Will Stay and Who Will Go

Denver Native (Carol)
02-06-2013, 06:55 PM
COMMENTARY | The Denver Broncos' 2012 season may have ended way too early but at least it gave the team a 2-month head start on the start of the 2013 free agency period.

Yeah, we're grasping for a positive spin here, but so be it.

In any case, the free-agent free-for-all kicks off at 2 p.m. (MT) March 12. That's when signings commence, but the real prep work will have been done long before then.

The first order of business for any NFL club - and, for all intents and purposes, the most important one in the high-risk game of free agency - is getting their own ducks in a row. That entails making calculated determinations on who to try and lock up and who to let go among their own free agents.

rest - http://sports.yahoo.com/news/denver-broncos-decisions-16-free-agents-stay-225400832--nfl.html

SoCalImport
02-07-2013, 06:40 PM
After Clady, EFX need to get Vickerson inked. He and Unrein shouldn't cost much and are great for plugging up the middle.

NightTerror218
02-07-2013, 07:10 PM
I thought Ty Warren was going to be gone. But it is interesting to see he wont. I wonder if he can be healthy. He was a beast when he was healthy in beginning of last season.

IMO Clady, Vickerson, Colquitt, Bruton, Stokely and Koppen would all be good resigns.

Leonard, Brookings, and Clark are all questions marks. Can we find better? I think Porter will go after the money again. Or he will be backup.

slim
02-07-2013, 08:26 PM
I thought Ty Warren was going to be gone. But it is interesting to see he wont. I wonder if he can be healthy. He was a beast when he was healthy in beginning of last season.

IMO Clady, Vickerson, Colquitt, Bruton, Stokely and Koppen would all be good resigns.

Leonard, Brookings, and Clark are all questions marks. Can we find better? I think Porter will go after the money again. Or he will be backup.

What? Did the article even mention Warren?

Timmy!
02-07-2013, 09:43 PM

Nope, it sure didnt. Warren is as good as cut I'd bet.

dogfish
02-07-2013, 09:45 PM
After Clady, EFX need to get Vickerson inked.

there's no EFX anymore-- xanders got canned a while back. . .

TXBRONC
02-08-2013, 06:43 AM

Agreed.

Dean
02-08-2013, 11:16 AM
The decision will be made by the indoor and outdoor Johns.;)

Simple Jaded
02-08-2013, 11:43 AM
The decision will be made by the indoor and outdoor Johns.;)

An upstairs and downstairs Johns too.......

slim
02-08-2013, 12:55 PM

Yeah, the guy hasn't played a game in 3 years.

Ravage!!!
02-08-2013, 01:26 PM

Yah... as much as it would be nice to have a guy with his size and "talent"... he can't stay in the season for more than an hour before getting hurt.

NightTerror218
02-08-2013, 03:31 PM

I was saying i thought he was on last year on contract last season. He is returning and it will be interesting what happens.

NightTerror218
02-08-2013, 03:32 PM

he was a beast last preseason and first couple games.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-08-2013, 05:25 PM
I was saying i thought he was on last year on contract last season. He is returning and it will be interesting what happens.

How do you know he's returning? The last I heard was him saying he wasn't sure he wanted to lace em up anymore after what he's been through the last 3 years.

NightTerror218
02-08-2013, 05:27 PM
How do you know he's returning? The last I heard was him saying he wasn't sure he wanted to lace em up anymore after what he's been through the last 3 years.

where did you hear that?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-08-2013, 05:36 PM
where did you hear that?

Sorry dude, I can't remember where I read the article. It was a while ago. I think it was something he was quoted as saying in the Denver Post. Don't hold your breath waiting for him to show up at TC. Besides that, I think he would be a FA if he didn't retire. Wasn't his deal just two years?

NightTerror218
02-08-2013, 05:37 PM
Sorry dude, I can't remember where I read the article. It was a while ago. I think it was something he was quoted as saying in the Denver Post. Don't hold your breath waiting for him to show up at TC. Besides that, I think he would be a FA if he didn't retire. Wasn't his deal just two years?

that was what I thought but have not seen him on the list of FAs

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-08-2013, 06:12 PM
that was what I thought but have not seen him on the list of FAs

This article states he only had a two year deal with us.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21509300/broncos-ty-warren-tears-triceps-again-likely-done

dogfish
02-08-2013, 07:35 PM
ty warren is a free agent-- can't see much chance he'll be back. . .

TXBRONC
02-09-2013, 07:38 AM

When was the last time you played Slim? I would image it's been at least 20 years or so.

TXBRONC
02-09-2013, 07:39 AM
ty warren is a free agent-- can't see much chance he'll be back. . .

Well if we need someone to fill out the IR list he's our man.