PDA

View Full Version : Todd Helton arrested for suspicion of DUI

Denver Native (Carol)
02-06-2013, 02:27 PM
KUSA -Todd Helton, a Major League Baseball first baseman for the Colorado Rockies, was arrested for suspicion of DUI, according to team sources.

9NEWS sources say he was taken into custody in Colorado, however, they have not released the location or the time of the arrest.

The following statement from the Colorado Rockies:

rest - http://www.9news.com/news/article/315224/339/Todd-Helton-arrested-for-suspicion-of-DUI

Nothing else for me to say except - I am totally shocked by this

Thnikkaman
02-06-2013, 02:38 PM
Same here Carol. I was just about to start a thread about this.

This is a real head scratcher.

MOtorboat
02-06-2013, 02:47 PM
Well, I'm not surprised that Helton is a beer-drinking good ole' boy, but a little surprised he was driving.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-06-2013, 03:03 PM
from article:

Helton released this statement in response to his arrest: “Last evening I exercised poor judgment and was charged with drinking and driving after driving to a gas station near my house. I am very sorry and embarrassed by my actions. I hold myself to a high standard and take my responsibility as a public figure very seriously. My entire career I have worked to set a positive example for my family and in our community and I fell far short of this standard.

I sincerely ask my family, the Colorado Rockies Organization, Major League Baseball and the community to accept my apology. I make no excuses and accept full responsibility for my actions. I humbly ask your forgiveness.”

rest - plus Todd looks terrible in the picture from the Thornton police dept.
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/02/06/rockies-todd-helton-arrested-dui/

chazoe60
02-06-2013, 03:28 PM
Todd screwed up. Stupid thing to do. He knows that.

MOtorboat
02-06-2013, 03:31 PM
Todd screwed up. Stupid thing to do. He knows that.

Him and Peyton were playing Deer Hunter and Todd lost the last game before they ran out of beer and was nominated to go to the store. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

slim
02-06-2013, 04:04 PM
Yeah, at least he owned up to it.

Personally, I don't know too many people that haven't driven drunk at some point in their lives. Most were just lucky enough to not get caught.

Dapper Dan
02-10-2013, 09:53 PM
This was blown up by most people, in my opinion. I would understand the scrutiny if he had a history of it. But he's had a pretty clean name. I bet everyone that demonized him have drank and drove at some point, or at least text and drove. Being sober, we all know it's a stupid idea. Being buzzed or drunk, it's never a bad idea at the time.

I wish mugshots weren't released into the public.