PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Mailbag: John Elway, John Fox clock in Day One of new season

Denver Native (Carol)
02-06-2013, 11:14 AM
Hi, Mike. Just wanted to say as a grieving fan, I enjoyed your recent column: Broncos' loss leaves a long-lasting hangover with fans. It was a therapeutic read. That being said, what's your initial assessment of where the Broncos stand for making a championship run next season?
-- Laton, Bismarck, N.D.

Laton - My initial thought is the Broncos were better than the team that just won the Super Bowl. They just didn't beat the Baltimore Ravens, because of 18 things that went wrong, on Jan. 12.

If the Broncos played the Ravens five times, the Broncos would win three. But this ain't the NBA or NHL or MLB. The NFL is a single-elimination tourney.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncosmailbag/ci_22523154/broncos-mailbag-john-elway-john-fox-championship-run

TXBRONC
02-07-2013, 09:24 AM
rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncosmailbag/ci_22523154/broncos-mailbag-john-elway-john-fox-championship-run

I love Klis' Mailbag but more times than not there's at least one question that boggles the mind on just how dumb it is.

I know this won't happen, but do you think it is insane to quietly investigate trading Peyton Manning while his stock is so high? Despite the amazing numbers, all year I felt he lacked the dynamism he used to have. If you could get a Matt Flynn and a couple high picks, would it be worth thinking about?
David, Toronto

Yes, David, crazy.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncosmailbag/ci_22523154/broncos-mailbag-john-elway-john-fox-championship-run

Ravage!!!
02-07-2013, 11:31 AM
I love Klis' Mailbag but more times than not there's at least one question that boggles the mind on just how dumb it is.

Damn, if I heard one of my friends ask this question in person, I think I would bitch-slap him across the face. How stupid is that question? I mean, seriously?

What was it Mark Schlereth said??

TXBRONC
02-07-2013, 11:39 AM
Damn, if I heard one of my friends ask this question in person, I think I would bitch-slap him across the face. How stupid is that question? I mean, seriously?

I think I would do the same thing.

The first part of guy's question is bad enough but then compounds the stupidity by suggesting we trade for Matt Flynn. :shocked:

Ravage!!!
02-07-2013, 11:42 AM
I think I would do the same thing.

The first part of guy's question is bad enough but then compounds the stupidity by suggesting we trade for Matt Flynn. :shocked:

Yeah... I didn't know which part was the dumbest... trading away Manning, or trading away for Flynn. I mean, like you, I was just stunned. I think the only people that would suggest this is the wife of Matt Flynn.

Chef Zambini
02-07-2013, 01:58 PM
we need more dynamism... and cowbell.

Chef Zambini
02-07-2013, 02:00 PM
anyone seen Dyna/
i sure do mism.

Chef Zambini
02-07-2013, 02:01 PM
of aLL THE MATTS, THIS GUY WANTS FLYNN?
THATS A JUMP TO A BAD CONCLUSION MATT.

DenBronx
02-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Yes, lets just trade away the guy who might just help us get back to the SuperBowl. That was a totally dumb suggestion. I don't care if we got 5 first rounder and Matt Flynn.

Dzone
02-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Matt Flynn aka Kevin Kolb

Ravage!!!
02-07-2013, 04:29 PM
I take back what I previously said. Not even Flynn's wife would suggest this. The only person that would think this would be a good idea, is Matt Flynn himself.

TXBRONC
02-08-2013, 06:32 AM
I take back what I previously said. Not even Flynn's wife would suggest this. The only person that would think this would be a good idea, is Matt Flynn himself.

Matt Flynn's mother would suggest it. You can never discount a mother's love.

Simple Jaded
02-08-2013, 11:46 AM

The dude is from Canada, what'd you expect? :D.......

He said that fans are stupid.......

Ravage!!!
02-08-2013, 12:56 PM
He said that fans are stupid.......

Yeah.. I know. I was just commenting that this Denver fan suggested trading Manning away for someone like Flynn. Hard not to see where Schlereth is coming from when making comments.

I agree with Mark on this. We are stupid.

Simple Jaded
02-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Yeah.. I know. I was just commenting that this Denver fan suggested trading Manning away for someone like Flynn. Hard not to see where Schlereth is coming from when making comments.

I agree with Mark on this. We are stupid.

Agreed, I was driving the point home.......