PDA

View Full Version : So what do you think of my Fantasy Draft this year?

Northman
08-22-2009, 11:04 AM
Starters:

Tom Brady- QB
Santonio Holmes- WR
Andre Johnson- WR
Ladanian Tomlison- RB
Knowshon Moreno- RB
Chris Cooley- TE
Jeremy Maclin- ST

Mason Crosby- K

Pittsburgh- DEF

DJ Williams- LB
Osi Umenyiora- DE
Troy Polamalu- S
Cedric Griffin- CB

Bench Players:

Ben Rothlisburger- QB
Heath Miller- TE
Jonathan Stewart- RB

Miami- DEF

London Fletcher- LB
Brian Orakpo- DE
Ed Reed- S

SoCalImport
08-22-2009, 11:58 AM
Is that a 10 person league?
if it is, then I'd say that's a fantastic draft. Only weakness I can see is if for some reason the bolts are more of a RBBC then obviously your RB group is suddenly very pedestrian.

what are the chances of that? debatable i guess..

Northman
08-22-2009, 03:18 PM
Is that a 10 person league?
if it is, then I'd say that's a fantastic draft. Only weakness I can see is if for some reason the bolts are more of a RBBC then obviously your RB group is suddenly very pedestrian.

what are the chances of that? debatable i guess..

Yea, just a 10 man league. And yea, if LT doesnt improve upon last year i could have a very tough year on the ground. But, if all else fails i can try and wheel and deal Big Ben for a better back if needed.

dogfish
08-22-2009, 07:35 PM
i think it sucks. . . . :coffee:

heh. . . j/k, but i'm always tempted to say that when somebody asks "what do you think of my team?"

:laugh:

looks solid, and i'm not sure how you got either johnson or brady in the third round :confused:, but socal is right about your RBs. . . you only have one fulltime starter at the position going into the season, and given the way mcdaniels used a full-on committee approach in NE's offense plus the fact that knowshon is waaay behind on reps between the holdout and the injury, and i'm not sure how much you can count on him for the first month or so of the season. . . his raw talent and draft status pretty much insure that we'll get him on the field as much and as soon as possible, but they won't overwork him-- his inexperience in pass pro plus suspect conditioning after sitting on the bench for weeks will probably limit his touches early. . .

and you never know what stewart' workload will be like from game to game. . . i'd try to trade roethlisberger for another starting RB right now. . . brady's an every week must-play, you don't need ben for anything beyond a potential injury replacement-- use that value to try to shore up your starting lineup instead. . . offer to throw in heath miller if somebody wants him, and if not i'd drop him and pick up a receiver with some upside to increase your depth there. . . you should never, ever carry more than one TE on your roster, it's just a waste. . . how many receivers out there can offer you a likely 500-some yards and 4-6 scores? you'll have two byes to cover at the spot as well as any injuries, some depth at that position is absolutely much more valuable than a backup TE. . .