PDA

View Full Version : House of Cards on Netflix

DenBronx
02-05-2013, 03:29 PM
So, I kept seeing the ad for House of Cards for weeks and weeks on Netflix. Finally one day I decided to watch the 1st episode because I like Kevin Spacey. Needless to say 1 episode turned into 12 straight over the weekend. Now i'm hooked on this show and dont want it to end.

Viewer addiction to new Kevin Spacey drama series

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/business/technology/article/Viewer-addiction-to-new-Kevin-Spacey-drama-series-4252185.php#ixzz2K3gvv2q9

Anyhow, who's seen it? Do you like it??

MOtorboat
02-05-2013, 05:18 PM
I love it too. I think I'm seven episodes in. It only came out Friday.

Wondering how long we'll have to wait for a second season, though. It's an interesting concept, releasing the whole season, almost like straight to DVD. But it's the best Political tv-style drama I've seen.

weazel
02-05-2013, 05:36 PM
thanks guys, I will watch

DenBronx
02-06-2013, 12:46 AM
I love that they released all the episodes at once. It's like a 13 hour long movie.

This series is one of a kind. It's a little dark but not over the top nor do they try too hard. All of the acting is great and I love how the directors have Kevin Spacey break away and talk to the viewers. It's like how The Office does but it's still differant in it's own way.

You will get hooked....almost done with the series now.

Timmy!
02-06-2013, 06:49 AM
Somebody sell me on this....im curious but any comparison to the office (which sucks ass, and yeah go **** yourselves im telling u that show blows/blew) scares me.

Tned
02-06-2013, 09:02 AM
I need to give it another try. I watched the first two or three episodes when it first aired (last year or the year before), but then for some reason stopped watching it.

Recently, I started watching Burn Notice on Netflix and over the holidays we watched 2 1/2 seasons. When Burn first aired, we watch a 2 or 3 episodes and couldn't get into it. Weird how that works -- or, maybe the wife and I are just weird.

MOtorboat
02-06-2013, 11:03 AM
I need to give it another try. I watched the first two or three episodes when it first aired (last year or the year before), but then for some reason stopped watching it.

Recently, I started watching Burn Notice on Netflix and over the holidays we watched 2 1/2 seasons. When Burn first aired, we watch a 2 or 3 episodes and couldn't get into it. Weird how that works -- or, maybe the wife and I are just weird.

You must have watched the British version, because this was released Feb. 1. It's a Netflix original. They changed Francis Underwood to a Congressman from South Carolina, he's played by Kevin Spacey. Kate Mara plays a low-level journalist. Peter Russo is a Congressman from urban Philadelphia (not sure the actor).

Ravage!!!
02-06-2013, 11:06 AM

I think you would have to be weird to watch Burn Notice...

MOtorboat
02-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Somebody sell me on this....im curious but any comparison to the office (which sucks ass, and yeah go **** yourselves im telling u that show blows/blew) scares me.

This isn't even remotely like the office (the only comparison is that this was a BBC series before Netflix remade it around Washington). It's a politcal drama/thriller.

NightTrainLayne
02-06-2013, 11:25 AM
Alright. . .I've been waiting for another series to get hooked on. I'll check it out. .. although MO being a proponent has me scared.

MOtorboat
02-06-2013, 11:33 AM
Alright. . .I've been waiting for another series to get hooked on. I'll check it out. .. although MO being a proponent has me scared.

Just watch it. It's freakin' Kevin Spacey playing an antagonist again...

DenBronx
02-06-2013, 04:01 PM

You deffintely watched the British version as this just barely came out less than a week ago. It's amazing how the Americans can take an idea from other Countries and make it a hit show.

I would say just watch the pilot but I'm warning you now, it's going to be hard to stop watching. Most of the shows on cable are junk but imo, Netflix did an incredible job. Counting the days until the next season.

DenBronx
02-06-2013, 04:08 PM

It's not like the Office, the whole concept is differant. I was ony referring to him talking to the audience.

Mo's right, it's more drama/thriller than anything. Alot of people get screwed over on his way to the top.

ULwUzF1q5w4

DenBronx
02-06-2013, 04:21 PM
This is more what I was referring to...

PnlafTs7nos

weazel
02-06-2013, 05:19 PM
some people cant comprehend comedy unless it's juvenile and slaps you across the face like the crap they call funny on SNL... so yeah I guess not everyone would enjoy The Office

Timmy!
02-06-2013, 05:27 PM
some people cant comprehend comedy unless it's juvenile and slaps you across the face like the crap they call funny on SNL... so yeah I guess not everyone would enjoy The Office

:rolleyes: derrrrrp. Snl is horrible, and the office still sucked.

NightTrainLayne
02-06-2013, 05:32 PM
:rolleyes: derrrrrp. Snl is horrible, and the office still sucked.

I really liked The Office up until the last few seasons. I quit watching when Jim and Pam got together. . .. when will those shows figure out that it kills the show when you put those couples together?

SNL has been horrible for going on 10 years now. Used to be awesome though.

Tned
02-06-2013, 10:59 PM
You must have watched the British version, because this was released Feb. 1. It's a Netflix original. They changed Francis Underwood to a Congressman from South Carolina, he's played by Kevin Spacey. Kate Mara plays a low-level journalist. Peter Russo is a Congressman from urban Philadelphia (not sure the actor).

My bad, I got the names confused. I was talking about the Showtime series with Don Cheadle. I think it might be House of Lies. I'll have to check House of Cards out.

DenBronx
02-07-2013, 04:56 PM
The Office was one of the best comedies on TV in the last 10 years. Bam!!! I quit watching when Michael Scott left the company. The show just isnt the same without him. But season 1-5 were epicly funny! Not even sure epicly is even a word. The Office is funny because it's so akward! Just watch the Diversity Day episode.

This is one of the funniest scenes to me...still laugh from it. :lol: aeQIQuDL8aA

SNL hasnt been funny since Adam Sanfler, Chris Farely and even Will Ferril. They have really fallen off the map and I never even watch it anymore. The stupid news broadcast they do or terrible!

DenBronx
08-24-2013, 05:17 PM
Kevin Spacey nails it. Netflix took a risk and it paid off greatly.

P0ukYf_xvgc

OrangeHoof
08-24-2013, 05:49 PM
But season 1-5 were epicly funny! Not even sure epicly is even a word.

Epicly is not a word. Epically is.

weazel
08-26-2013, 03:33 PM
forgot about this thread... yes I watched this and it is pretty freaking good. Spacey is awesome in everything though.

NightTrainLayne
08-26-2013, 04:59 PM
I watched several episodes. . .and was getting hooked.

Then, suddenly after watching the episode when he goes back to his alma mater and gets drunk with his buddies, I never watched it again.

Of course, I think we had our baby right about that time too. I need to watch the rest of this.

Northman
03-02-2014, 08:41 PM
Just started watching this, loved it but now so so sad..... my girl Zoe is GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great ******* series though.

luckyseven
03-02-2014, 09:19 PM
Tried to watch it late one night and fell asleep, and netflix burned through 3 episodes before I noticed it again.

I kind of thought it would be one of those have to watch them all at once so am staying away from it now until I get every thing else done I need to do.

FWIW so many folks are watching this Netflix is having server problems it can not keep up with the demand.

So that is just one more reason I'm going to wait.

FanInAZ
03-03-2014, 01:40 AM
Just started watching last night & am now starting chapter 5 of season 1.

If I ever get elected President, & I promise a cabinet position to a congressman who helped me carry his state, remind me not to break my promise to him. Breaking promises to the voters who elected me, no problem. Breaking a promise to a congressman who convince them to vote for me, biggest mistake of a President's political career.

Underwood is a ruthless monster. What's worse, my skeptical mind totally believes that this is standard operation procedure in Washington.

Just started watching this, loved it but now so so sad..... my girl Zoe is GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't tell me how it happened, but I figured that Underwood would use her & then destroy her after her usefulness was done. I guess I'll just have to wait until I get that far to see if that's how it went down.