PDA

View Full Version : What kind of guy is B-Marsh?

Dean
08-22-2009, 07:36 AM
This off season has been filled with what the media says about Marshall. The board has posters saying what they think. If even has gone so far as saying what they think he thinks. Here is as close as we are likely to get to actually finding out who he is and what he thinks.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/8/20/997175/great-interview-b-marsh-on-michael

After listening to that, now, what do you think?

P.S. You have to click on the orange title to get the actual interview.

MOtorboat
08-22-2009, 07:44 AM
Without reading Guru's take on it, I would first off say I don't know, because I've never met him, but my impressions of Marshall from afar are that he's been misguided by a lot of people in his life and doesn't seem to have a solid structure around him. His agent is telling him to do some things that I don't think are in his best interest, and I think Brandon's a blunt enough person to make those feelings and things public, when maybe he shouldn't. And he was clearly in a bad relationship for many years, and has felt the bad aftereffects of that. I guess my impressions of him are that he's not a bad person, but he's made some bad choices and puts himself in bad situations. I hope he can fix that, for his sake, first, and for the Denver Broncos, second.

Kaylore
08-22-2009, 10:55 AM
See where you see a guy who was misled, I see a kid who's never taken responsibility for his actions. He's had people bend over backwards to get him out trouble his entire life because of his athletic ability. His father is a police officer and had to bail him out of trouble as a kid. Now he has lawyers and a whole fan base of people to make excuses for him.

Arrested for blocking a taxi because a crazy woman took his phone.
Arrested for battery twice, never convicted and but that just means there wasn't evidence to convict.
Arrested for DUI while driving the wrong way down the road. This is serious. As Leonard Little and Donte Stallworth about dangerous driving. People die from drunk drivers and the fan base is pretending he's "just misunderstood."
He ticketed for passing two cars on I-25 on the left hand shoulder without a license or insurance.
Hurts his arm in a knife fight, I mean "family tussle" when he fell into an entertainment center.

People want to say he's just misunderstood. He's at the very least incredibly stupid, and I suspect he's probably just a bad seed that does that boyish smile act whenever he's in trouble so authorities and the public coo about how it's not his fault and he "doesn't know any better." The guy isn't five years old. He's a man.

If you think Marshall's off the field actions shouldn't have anything to do with him as a player, that's bogus too considering they've already got him suspended once and he's on thin ice as it is. However consider the following.

He's been injured every single offseason since we drafted him.
He has stopped improving believing already that "he's there" and doesn't need to work hard. You could tell when he laughed about being third string. See also: Jay Cutler.
He is coming off hip surgery which is difficult to come back from.
He's yet another offseason away from a 6 month plus suspension.

I don't care for Marshall. I believe in Karma and think he's got some back payments coming very soon. I hope we trade him.

Lonestar
08-22-2009, 11:57 AM
See where you see a guy who was misled, I see a kid who's never taken responsibility for his actions. He's had people bend over backwards to get him out trouble his entire life because of his athletic ability. His father is a police officer and had to bail him out of trouble as a kid. Now he has lawyers and a whole fan base of people to make excuses for him.

Arrested for battery twice, never convicted and but that just means there wasn't evidence to convict.
Arrested for DUI while driving the wrong way down the road. This is serious. As Leonard Little and Donte Stallworth about dangerous driving. People die from drunk drivers and the fan base is pretending he's "just misunderstood."
He ticketed for passing two cars on I-25 on the left hand shoulder without a license or insurance.
Hurts his arm in a knife fight, I mean "family tussle" when he fell into an entertainment center.

People want to say he's just misunderstood. He's at the very least incredibly stupid, and I suspect he's probably just a bad seed that does that boyish smile act whenever he's in trouble so authorities and the public coo about how it's not his fault and he "doesn't know any better." The guy isn't five years old. He's a man.

If you think Marshall's off the field actions shouldn't have anything to do with him as a player, that's bogus too considering they've already got him suspended once and he's on thin ice as it is. However consider the following.

He has stopped improving believing already that "he's there" and doesn't need to work hard. You could tell when he laughed about being third string. See also: Jay Cutler.

I don't care for Marshall. I believe in Karma and think he's got some back payments coming very soon. I hope we trade him.

Well I have tried to say this for along time.. this is one of the most comprehensive Evals I have seen..

It bears repeating for those folks that just do not get it.. think that winning is more important that character.. or we can't win without him..

Let me add there are a whole laundry list of other police reports on this moron also.. from Florida to Colorado..

time for folks to smell the stench coming from this kid..

Tned
08-22-2009, 12:05 PM

Wasn't there also a bar fight this last offseason that got him arrested, but no charges filed? Also, some have said that he pissed off the guys that shot D-Will when Marshall sprayed champaign over them, or got into a verbal argument or something (not sure if that is true, but some have repeatedly posted some variation of that story on the forums).

I don't think he is misunderstood, he is clearly immature and some guys like this clean up their act, some never do. We don't know yet which will be the case with Marshall.

I don't say what happens off the field has nothing to do with on field, which is why I have said that while he is underpaid, because of the off field problems the Broncos should see if he can keep himself out of trouble and have a third straight great year, before signing him to an extension.

Now, while off the field he is an idiot, on the field, I have not seen evidence of him not giving it his all. While some #1 receivers are guilty of not getting their nose dirty in the run game, he always sems to throw his blocks -- after a catch, he fights for as many yards as possible.

So, we have a very bad aspect of Brandon (off field problems, general immaturity) and a good aspect (great talent, plays hard in the games).

LRtagger
08-22-2009, 12:43 PM
Maybe he needs an egotistical hardass like McD to put him in his place.

His father couldnt do it.
The other police officers couldn't/wouldn't do it.
The justice system can't/won't do it.
Shanny couldn't/wouldn't do it.
Cutler couldn't do it.

Tned
08-22-2009, 12:45 PM
Maybe he needs an egotistical hardass like McD to put him in his place.

Maybe McD needs a few years on the job before he has the confidence to not feel the need to 'prove' he has the power.

claymore
08-22-2009, 12:51 PM
Regardless of who he is, I hope he is on another team soon. Im sick of the distraction. It takes away from the good things that are going on in camp. Like all of the interceptions n stuff.

silkamilkamonico
08-22-2009, 12:57 PM
Maybe McD needs a few years on the job before he has the confidence to not feel the need to 'prove' he has the power.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but let's look at extremes. On one end you have a gu ylike McDaniels, that, you're right, is wanting to show that he's in complete control, and on the other hand, you have a guy that lets the inmates run the prison. Which one is likely going to benefit a professional organization?

I think McDaniels is awfully stubborn in how he's handling everything, but at the same time I think it's a breath of fresh air. Some fans are upset with his "power control" mentality. But at the same time, there were some fans that were upset with the last regime in how they were completely "soft" on the players, in which led to a soft team.

IMHO, it's very telling that teams take on the personality of the coach in sports.

If McDaniels style leads to a hard nosed stubborn and competitive team, regardless of the record, I'll personally deem it a success and be extremely excited on where the organization is going.

I've been disappointed with this organization and the way they have "competed" over the course of the last 10 years. Even the year we went 13-3, led to a very disappointing playoff blowout loss....at home.

Tned
08-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Regardless of who he is, I hope he is on another team soon. Im sick of the distraction. It takes away from the good things that are going on in camp. Like all of the interceptions n stuff.

I don't like the distractions, but I don't hope he is on another team. He and McDaniels need to work out their differences and get him on the field.

He is just too big a hole to fill. Having Marshall on the field will make Orton a much better QB, it will make Royal a much better receiver. The knock on effect of losing Marshall is a ripple effect, with multiple positions getting weaker.

He is under contract, he is essentially locked up for next year or we get big time draft consideration. Get him on the field.

Tned
08-22-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm not saying you're wrong, but let's look at extremes. On one end you have a gu ylike McDaniels, that, you're right, is wanting to show that he's in complete control, and on the other hand, you have a guy that lets the inmates run the prison. Which one is likely going to benefit a professional organization?

I think McDaniels is awfully stubborn in how he's handling everything, but at the same time I think it's a breath of fresh air. Some fans are upset with his "power control" mentality. But at the same time, there were some fans that were upset with the last regime in how they were completely "soft" on the players, in which led to a soft team.

IMHO, it's very telling that teams take on the personality of the coach in sports.

If McDaniels style leads to a hard nosed stubborn and competitive team, regardless of the record, I'll personally deem it a success and be extremely excited on where the organization is going.

I've been disappointed with this organization and the way they have "competed" over the course of the last 10 years. Even the year we went 13-3, led to a very disappointing playoff blowout loss....at home.

I won't get involved in a McDaniels vs. Shanahan debate. McDaniels is the coach, and I have been impressed with 'most' of what he has done, and I will focus on McDaniels, not comparing him to Shanahan. I don't buy into the "this is ok, because Shanahan screwed things up" logic.

Since McDaniels has been here, I think most of what he has done has been good and maybe great, but like Mr. Bowlen, I think McDaniels has "made rookie mistakes" and continues to.

Unfortunately, that is what you get with a rookie head coach, like you get mistakes from rookie players.

LRtagger
08-22-2009, 01:03 PM

Perhaps you are right...but if McDaniels is doing what he truly believes is what he needs to do to take control and improve this team, then you can't fault him for sticking to it.

Maybe he is taking it to a personal level with Marshall or just trying to make an example out of him....but then again maybe this approach will be a kick in the ass to Marshall and help turn him around.

We all know every other approach taken against him thus far has not worked.

silkamilkamonico
08-22-2009, 01:07 PM
I won't get involved in a McDaniels vs. Shanahan debate. McDaniels is the coach, and I have been impressed with 'most' of what he has done, and I will focus on McDaniels, not comparing him to Shanahan. I don't buy into the "this is ok, because Shanahan screwed things up" logic.

Since McDaniels has been here, I think most of what he has done has been good and maybe great, but like Mr. Bowlen, I think McDaniels has "made rookie mistakes" and continues to.

Unfortunately, that is what you get with a rookie head coach, like you get mistakes from rookie players.

I wasn't intending to bring up a Shanahan vs. McDaniels debate. I don't necessarily think Shanahan is exactly an opposite of McDaniels in style.

I do like McDaniels hush hush stance on what's going on. Regardless of professionals, or not, the players role in the organization is to do that. Play and compete. The managements role is to take care of what's going on with players contracts, etc....The coaches role is to coach and manage the team.

I know I'm OT, but personally, I'm laughing at this "starter is tired of uncertainty" business. It isn't the starters role to be filled in on what's going on with the management or the coaching decisions. It's the starters role to worry about his assignments and compete on the team. I like the McDaniels doesn't give the players knowledge that's outside of their role on he team. It's none of their business.

Tned
08-22-2009, 01:09 PM
Perhaps you are right...but if McDaniels is doing what he truly believes is what he needs to do to take control and improve this team, then you can't fault him for sticking to it.

Maybe he is taking it to a personal level with Marshall or just trying to make an example out of him....but then again maybe this approach will be a kick in the ass to Marshall and help turn him around.

We all know every other approach taken against him thus far has not worked.

I'll start with your last sentence first. How many players in the NFL have had back-to-back 100 catch seasons? I haven't seen a problem with Marshall playing football.

Or, are you saying that putting him on the scout team will end his off-field troubles.

As to the rest, only time will tell, but like I have said before, for those now wishing that Marshall is traded, "be carefull what you wish for".

Trading Marshall hurts Orton, because Marshall can beat nearly every defender on the jump ball, so he is the QB's best frend (especially a weak armed QB --- think Cunningham to Marshall in Minn). Losing Marshall hurts Royal to a great degree, because Marshall requires double coverage at all times, which makes it more likely that Royal is singled up, or there is no deep safety on his side. The third WR spot gets hurt, because instead of Gaffney being the 3rd WR, he becomes number two, which means Stokely or Willis (or whoever that WR that has been running #3 this week), will now be the third wide out, and then as you can see, the #4 WR in the four wide set will be a downgrade, because that 4th WR is now the #3.

Yea, I wrote it in a convoluted way, but I think you get the point, if Marshall isn't on the field week 1, it impacts not only the QB, but every one of our 4 wide reciever slots will be downgraded.

Italianmobstr7
08-22-2009, 01:19 PM
Trading Marshall would be stupid. It would hurt our team, not help us. He's a beast on the field. He needs to stay out of trouble off of it. As long as he does that, he'll be fine. Also Kaylore, to say that Brandon doesn't think he can get better is just pure ignorance. The guy went to a camp w/ Fitz and Jerry Rice among others to try to keep improving. If he didn't want to improve, he wouldn't be out there working and trying to get better. He wants to be the best, and he's been a hard worker since he's been here. Also I'm tired of hearing that he's not a "team first" guy. Normally he is. He even switched to Safety in college to help out the team, and led the team in tackles. The bottom line is he's a top 10 receiver, but he doesn't get paid like it. He should though. Once he does, i'm sure he'll be a "team first" guy again.

silkamilkamonico
08-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Trading Marshall would be stupid. It would hurt our team, not help us. He's a beast on the field. He needs to stay out of trouble off of it. As long as he does that, he'll be fine. Also Kaylore, to say that Brandon doesn't think he can get better is just pure ignorance. The guy went to a camp w/ Fitz and Jerry Rice among others to try to keep improving. If he didn't want to improve, he wouldn't be out there working and trying to get better. He wants to be the best, and he's been a hard worker since he's been here. Also I'm tired of hearing that he's not a "team first" guy. Normally he is. He even switched to Safety in college to help out the team, and led the team in tackles. The bottom line is he's a top 10 receiver, but he doesn't get paid like it. He should though. Once he does, i'm sure he'll be a "team first" guy again.

It's just a split opinion on Marshall.

Many fans believe he's a top 10 WR and should be paid like it.

Many other fans believe he's a top 10 WR and would be getting paid like it "if" he's stayed out of trouble. I want to keep Marshall and I want to pay him like a top 10 WR, but at the same time, I don't trust he can stay out of trouble, and I don't want to throw away a significant % of our cap on one player in that situation.

Simple Jaded
08-22-2009, 01:23 PM
I hope the Broncos new management will pull their head out of their ass and realize that they actually do need talent to succeed before this team has nothing but Jabar Gaffney's and Kyle Orton's left for the next regime.

If you want this distraction to go away, maybe the best thing to do is to hope that they get a deal done.......

Tned
08-22-2009, 01:27 PM
It's just a split opinion on Marshall.

Many fans believe he's a top 10 WR and should be paid like it.

Many other fans believe he's a top 10 WR and would be getting paid like it "if" he's stayed out of trouble. I want to keep Marshall and I want to pay him like a top 10 WR, but at the same time, I don't trust he can stay out of trouble, and I don't want to throw away a significant % of our cap on one player in that situation.

I think most people fall into some version of your second group, or they simply feel he should be gone.

Basically, once a player says, "please trade me" fan loyalty drops like a rock -- it's kind of seen as a slam against the organization and fans.

LRtagger
08-22-2009, 02:07 PM
I'll start with your last sentence first. How many players in the NFL have had back-to-back 100 catch seasons? I haven't seen a problem with Marshall playing football.

Or, are you saying that putting him on the scout team will end his off-field troubles.

I'm not saying either. When you publicize your displeasure with your employer, when your words and actions are a distraction from the team (which obviously they are), I expect the coach to take the actions he thinks are necessary to fix the problem.

Don't expect to come back to practice after your trial and walk in as the #1 superstar....He had great performance under Shanny, but so did Selvin Young and others. This is not Shanny's ship anymore.

We can debate all day whether McDaniels way of handling things is right or wrong, but he deserves the right to do it his way and I will respect him for handling it the way he deems appropriate.

I am not saying what McDaniels is doing is right, but I'm not going to say it is wrong, either. I am willing to give him the opportunity to run the team the way he sees fit. I can't feel sorry for Marshall at this point. It is what it is, but I am tired of talking and hearing about Marshall and I'm sure the players are as well.

Tned
08-22-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm not saying either. When you publicize your displeasure with your employer, when your words and actions are a distraction from the team (which obviously they are), I expect the coach to take the actions he thinks are necessary to fix the problem.

Don't expect to come back to practice after your trial and walk in as the #1 superstar....He had great performance under Shanny, but so did Selvin Young and others. This is not Shanny's ship anymore.

We can debate all day whether McDaniels way of handling things is right or wrong, but he deserves the right to do it his way and I will respect him for handling it the way he deems appropriate.

I am not saying what McDaniels is doing is right, but I'm not going to say it is wrong, either. I am willing to give him the opportunity to run the team the way he sees fit. I can't feel sorry for Marshall at this point. It is what it is, but I am tired of talking and hearing about Marshall and I'm sure the players are as well.

I have no problem allowing McDaniels to do it his way, but that doesn't mean sitting back and watching people demonize Marshall based on pure conjecture and hyperbole.

It's just the way I am, I don't like the extreme views where if you agree with x, then it means you must demonize y, regardless of whether there are facts to support said daemonization.

Kaylore
08-22-2009, 03:00 PM

Marshall needs to "work hard" practicing with the team and so far he's spent most of his time getting into trouble or getting injured and then missing most if not all of camp every offseason. Even his rookie year he's missed most preseason because of the MCL.

I don't really care if he's practicing with Fitzgerald. He's not playing with him this year. Marshall needs to be taking reps in this offense. He works hard and doesn't beat up another woman this year and maybe we give him a contract.

Also, I don't care what players are like on the field if they're going to be problems off the field and disrupt the chemistry. Is he underpaid? Horribly underpaid. Do I feel sorry for him? Not even a little. It's his fault teams don't want to trade decent value for him and his fault his off the field problems have made the Broncos take a wait and see approach with him. If he's so behind and so upset then he should hold out so we can fine him 15k a day and then see how he likes his contract. As soon as someone offers us good value for him, I hope we drop him first chance we get. I'm sick of these mangina, me-first players. I'm ready to watch a team.

Italianmobstr7
08-22-2009, 04:17 PM
well, by your analysis I guess Moreno isn't working hard either. I mean he's hurt, so he can't be working hard... Marshall has NEVER been convicted of hitting any woman. Get off of that. The FACTS are that he is INNOCENT. Practicing w/ Fitzgerald shows that he IS working hard in the offseason. Also, if he's trying to make more $$$ he's not going to hold out. He's not a me-first player. He just wants to be paid like he deserves to be. I don't see anything wrong with that...

Northman
08-22-2009, 04:28 PM
Brandon Marshall is a lot like Cutler, full of talent but very immature. And just because he was found not guilty does not mean he doesnt have off the field issues. Miss Whately has not been the only problem for Marshall when it comes to run ins with the law. 13 incidents is a LOT for any player regardless of guilt. If Bmarsh was truly a team guy he would just shut the **** up and play and not ask for a trade. END OF ******* STORY.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Just read the following, which is contained in the following link. That is sad that his dad would say what he did.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_9686832

"Charges were not filed in Orlando two months before that, as well, after an argument between Marshall and his father, Frederick. Orange County deputies interviewed Marshall and his father on Jan. 24, 2007, after the two fought about money in a bowling alley parking lot. Marshall told police that his father tried to hit him with his car, while Frederick Marshall claimed his son had shot a gun — a statement that was not supported by witnesses. The deputy wrote in his report that Frederick Marshall repeatedly said that he would ruin his son's football career."

broncohead
08-22-2009, 04:39 PM
We really just need to get the most value for Marshall. If McD isn't going to play him then trade him. I'm sure there are a few teams that would pull the trigger for a 2nd. Talent wise he's worth more but taking everything into consideration that seems reasonable.

broncohead
08-22-2009, 04:42 PM
the facts are overwhelming that he is rough on ladies.. or he would not have arrest/police reports as long as his Johnson..

he was lucky he had a good lawyer that is all.. if she sues in civil court she is going to get a huge settlement as the levels of guilt are a lot lower..

he worked with Fitz to get into shape and the first day in camp he pulls his hammy..:confused:

he wanted the ball to him last year in every game..

BTW he was suspended for his behavior towards women..

you need to get off his jock he is a great player on the field.. beyond that a sorry excuse for a human being.. IMHO

Athletes in shape get injuries all the time.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-22-2009, 04:42 PM

Was this not where he was suspended because charges were filed, and nothing more?

Tned
08-22-2009, 04:44 PM
the facts are overwhelming that he is rough on ladies.. or he would not have arrest/police reports as long as his Johnson..

he was lucky he had a good lawyer that is all.. if she sues in civil court she is going to get a huge settlement as the levels of guilt are a lot lower..

he worked with Fitz to get into shape and the first day in camp he pulls his hammy..:confused:

he wanted the ball to him last year in every game..

you need to get off his jock he is a great player on the field.. beyond that a sorry excuse for a human being.. IMHO

I really don't think we need crude language like "get off his jock".

Why can't people agree to debate civily? :confused:

As to the rest, wasn't it around his third practice when he pulled the hamstring? He was seen working, but visibly limping in those three practices, before being sidelined.

What does "he wanted the ball to him last year in every game"? Doesn't every receiver want the ball?

Lonestar
08-22-2009, 04:48 PM
Athletes in shape get injuries all the time.

just how many of the others that did attend Mini camps and OTA were injured in non contact drills or plays?

get the drift here..

Northman
08-22-2009, 04:50 PM
We really just need to get the most value for Marshall. If McD isn't going to play him then trade him. I'm sure there are a few teams that would pull the trigger for a 2nd. Talent wise he's worth more but taking everything into consideration that seems reasonable.

Thus far no team has offered a good deal for him otherwise he would already be gone. Teams arent stupid, they know the risk involved just like Denver does.

Lonestar
08-22-2009, 04:50 PM
I really don't think we need crude language like "get off his jock".

Why can't people agree to debate civily? :confused:

As to the rest, wasn't it around his third practice when he pulled the hamstring? He was seen working, but visibly limping in those three practices, before being sidelined.

What does "he wanted the ball to him last year in every game"? Doesn't every receiver want the ball?

to the determent of of teh team probably not.. I suspect they would rather win than be going home at the end of the year..

Tned
08-22-2009, 04:54 PM
to the determent of of teh team probably not.. I suspect they would rather win than be going home at the end of the year..

Now, Jr, you know there is absolutely no basis for this statement, other than an outlet for you need to hate on someone now that Mikey and Cutler are gone.

Marshall has not been known as a player that throws fits for not getting the ball. Why are you making stuff up to further this campaign against Marshall. To ask a question that you asked of someone that hated Jake and would post nonsense criticisms...

Did Marhsall leave your daughter at the alter or something?

Northman
08-22-2009, 04:57 PM

Not to be an ass but is this posting civily in your opinion?

topscribe
08-22-2009, 05:00 PM
This off season has been filled with what the media says about Marshall. The board has posters saying what they think. If even has gone so far as saying what they think he thinks. Here is as close as we are likely to get to actually finding out who he is and what he thinks.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/8/20/997175/great-interview-b-marsh-on-michael

After listening to that, now, what do you think?

P.S. You have to click on the orange title to get the actual interview.

Just to clarify, that little tidbit wasn't written by Guru. It was written by
someone with the screen name "Welcome2Boise." (I don't even know who that
is.)

Here is part of what Guru wrote about Marshall:

Brandon Marshall stays home as situation with Broncos spirals downward

by John Bena (aka TheSportsGuru) on Aug 22, 2009 11:41 AM MST in "Strictly My Opinion

1 day ago: Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall takes part in drills at the team's final day of NFL football training camp at Broncos' headquarters on Thursday, Aug. 20, 2009, in Englewood, Colo. (AP Photo/David Zalubowski)
There's a problem. A big problem. Whether you want to believe it or not, right now, on Saturday, August 21, 2009, there is a huge problem between the Broncos and Brandon Marshall. For some of you this is not anything new. It is not for me either. I am trying to bring the rest of you on board, the ones that have yur fingers in your ears, shouting "La-La-La-La" hoping it will all go away. It isn't, at least it doesn't appear to be.

I asked the question last week if you felt Brandon Marshall had quit on the Broncos. Nearly 1450 of you responded, with 79% saying "Yes!". Yes, I know some of you wanted a third answer, the "I'm not sure" choice, but what fun is that. This site is all about having an opinion. It's ok to do that on MHR because you won't get criticized for it, as long as it is given respectfully. So, no, there's not going to be any "I'm not sure" choices in polls here. That number, 79%, is a strong indication of how many of you feel.

After I wrote it, there was a lot of talk about the media blowing everything out of proportion. Talk of reporters baiting Marshall into saying things, or taking comments out of context. There was the infamous, "playbook" line by the player and the diplomatic response by the coach.

"See, it isn't really that big of a deal" everyone said, or at least those who want to ignore the truth.

Me? I don't listen much to what people say. Coaches and players are schooled from Day 1 on how to be as bland as possible. Marshall, by his agent no doubt, is being told to take the high road, as much as possible, because 31 teams in the NFL are watching how he handles all of this very closely. "I have never asked for more money" "How can I be unhappy doing what I love?"

Josh McDaniels has been schooled by some of the most media-savvy coaches in the business - Nick Saban and Bill Belichick - on how to avoid the media mind games. "Everyone plays the scout team", "Not knowing the playbook is no big deal". "Brandon will play when he is ready".

All of those things are nice to say, but I look at actions. They do speak louder than words, you know.

(continued)

That's the part off the front page. You will find the rest of the article here:

http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/8/22/998645/brandon-marshall-stays-home-as#comments

-----

Tned
08-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Not to be an ass but is this posting civily in your opinion?

Short answer no, long answer see pm

Lonestar
08-22-2009, 05:03 PM
Now, Jr, you know there is absolutely no basis for this statement, other than an outlet for you need to hate on someone now that Mikey and Cutler are gone.

Marshall has not been known as a player that throws fits for not getting the ball. Why are you making stuff up to further this campaign against Marshall. To ask a question that you asked of someone that hated Jake and would post nonsense criticisms...

You know these are legit thoughts and just because they do not fit into your ideas does not make them less so..

We all know this kid is a problem kid has more arrests and police reports than all the rest of the team put together.. (HA HA)

he has never attended a off season when he was not injured in some way..

I firmly believe the jay and BM were going for money and incentives in their contracts rather than play for the good of the team..

BM was the most targets WR in the league he was second in the league in dropped passes.. there was not a game we played that fans were not ragging on jay for throwing to him in double and sometimes triple coverage while other receivers were wide open in some cases no on within 10 yards of them..

do you really think all of those times did not add into their incentive thought chain..

If you do not wish to believe or even think about it we will have to agree to disagree..

if this kid was ROD none of us would be discussing it and the moron would already have a contract ..

I am done with this thread ..

broncohead
08-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Thus far no team has offered a good deal for him otherwise he would already be gone. Teams arent stupid, they know the risk involved just like Denver does.

No McD is probably trying to prove a point. He probably has gotten offers with at least a 2nd rd. pick. If we where a team that could make a run in the playoffs I would say play hard ball. We are rebuilding and could use the extra pick because Marshall won't resign next season.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-22-2009, 05:46 PM
I do not think that Brandon demanded Cutler to throw to him when Brandon was double, triple covered. There were MANY passes that Cutler never should have thrown to Brandon or other receivers, because he could have got them killed. I think more of the blame goes to Cutler than Brandon for the number of passes he threw to Brandon.

Kaylore
08-22-2009, 06:41 PM
well, by your analysis I guess Moreno isn't working hard either. I mean he's hurt, so he can't be working hard... Marshall has NEVER been convicted of hitting any woman. Get off of that. The FACTS are that he is INNOCENT. Practicing w/ Fitzgerald shows that he IS working hard in the offseason. Also, if he's trying to make more $$$ he's not going to hold out. He's not a me-first player. He just wants to be paid like he deserves to be. I don't see anything wrong with that...

This post was so worthless on so many levels it's not even worth a response because I know it would go over your head. If you don't understand the difference between running wind sprints with Fitzgerald for one day and working out with your team and building chemistry with your QB during OTA's, then you and I will never see eye to eye on this. And your Moreno comment shows a complete lack of reading comprehension.

Dean
08-22-2009, 06:49 PM
Just to clarify, that little tidbit wasn't written by Guru. It was written by
someone with the screen name "Welcome2Boise." (I don't even know who that
is.)

Here is part of what Guru wrote about Marshall:

That's the part off the front page. You will find the rest of the article here:

http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/8/22/998645/brandon-marshall-stays-home-as#comments

-----

It wasn't the article that I wanted to bring to the attention of the board irregardless who wrote it. I wanted people to listen to the radio broadcast to hear Brandon in his own words and then to form an opinion. The broadcast is first hand information not a writen interpretation. I added the PS when it was obvious that only the MHR article was being read.

Lonestar
08-22-2009, 06:58 PM
I do not think that Brandon demanded Cutler to throw to him when Brandon was double, triple covered. There were MANY passes that Cutler never should have thrown to Brandon or other receivers, because he could have got them killed. I think more of the blame goes to Cutler than Brandon for the number of passes he threw to Brandon.

I did not say that BM demanded it just that the two of them forced the issue on many occasions.. that did not need to happen with open receivers on the field.. now was that all jay or did the two of them have a mutual admiration society and know the extra money was riding on their performances..

Perhaps mike made/hinted at some promises about a new contract for one or both if they saved his bacon.. God only knows it was not going to be done by the defense..

they both knew that this was the off season for a new contract according to mike past performance of dealing with rookie contracts....

lets think out outside the box on some of this and think about it..

topscribe
08-22-2009, 07:00 PM
It wasn't the article that I wanted to bring to the attention of the board irregardless who wrote it. I wanted people to listen to the radio broadcast to hear Brandon in his own words and then to form an opinion. The broadcast is first hand information not a writen interpretation. I added the PS when it was obvious that only the MHR article was being read.

Yes, I didn't realize, myself. Sorry I detracted from that.

Regarding the interview, I had previously listened to it, and the only thing the
interview did for me was to reinforce my negative opinion of Irvin. It didn't do
much one way or the other to influence my opinion of Marshall . . .

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
08-22-2009, 07:01 PM
I posted the direct link to the Irvin/Brandon interview in the Josina Anderson thread last night. Here it is:

http://sports.espn.go.com/stations/p...ast&id=4410329

Watchthemiddle
08-22-2009, 07:26 PM
Well I have tried to say this for along time.. this is one of the most comprehensive Evals I have seen..

It bears repeating for those folks that just do not get it.. think that winning is more important that character.. or we can't win without him..

Let me add there are a whole laundry list of other police reports on this moron also.. from Florida to Colorado..

To also add to this post and Kaylore's post about taking responsibility...the guy couldn't even realize that he was once again in a courtroom this past week for battery, instead complains about how the Broncos and whoever in the staff told players to not talk about his court resolution.

He wants to blame everyone else about his problems.

Ravage!!!
08-22-2009, 07:55 PM
I think he VERY MUCh knew he was in a courtroom last week.. thus why he felt that it sucked that the coaches expressed to his teammates/friends that they weren't allowed to express pleasure for him. Those situations are extremely stressful, and the people that mean the most to you, your friends, are the ones that help you get through it. Marshall has a lot of friends on that team, and has been getting constant support from those friends. Now that it was finally over, he wwas bothered that it FELT as though the FO was turning their back on him and basically trying to treat it as if it never happened. When you have something THAT big happen in your life, and the weight feels like it has been lifted off your shoulders and you can FINALLY breath.. he felt as if the coaching staff punched him in the stomach.

Now I"m not saying it wasn't an overreaction to the situation. I'm saying that its a compiled situation from past hard feelings towards teh FO. But the last thing I believe is that Marshall didn't even realize he was in the courtoom. I think it was very evident that it was very much the opposite.

Ravage!!!
08-22-2009, 08:00 PM
I did not say that BM demanded it just that the two of them forced the issue on many occasions.. that did not need to happen with open receivers on the field.. now was that all jay or did the two of them have a mutual admiration society and know the extra money was riding on their performances..

Perhaps mike made/hinted at some promises about a new contract for one or both if they saved his bacon.. God only knows it was not going to be done by the defense..

they both knew that this was the off season for a new contract according to mike past performance of dealing with rookie contracts....

lets think out outside the box on some of this and think about it..

Thats not thinking outside the box, thats thinking inside your box. I think that Cutler threw to Marshall because he felt comfortable throwing to marshall, and probably felt he was the best player on the field (and probably was most of the time). Now that has NOTHING to do with Cutler throwing to him too many times, or the achknowledgement that Cutler locked onto Marshall too often. But I think its absolutely silly that the teammates has this understanding simply to 'boost' stats for financial contracts when these two players had already proved that they were worth the investment (talent wise).

horsepig
08-22-2009, 08:08 PM

I totally disagree JR.

I've had some kind of hard posts about BM, but that doesn't mean I don't want him here.

He's acting like a baby right now. How much of that is his agent? Why can't Pat throw him a $1.5 mil earnest monmey deal for this year. He's already earned way more than that by today's standards.

Just make the guy feel like we really want him on our team and also want him for the future.

Could BM become a Haven Moses/Rod Smith/Eddie Mac type of Bronco? I think it's a good possibility.

Watchthemiddle
08-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Marshall needs to stop with excuses and blaming everyone else, as does everyone else of you making excuses and blaming others for Marshalls problems.

Its Marshall's fault for his legal problems.

Its Marshall's fault he does not know the playbook

Watchthemiddle
08-22-2009, 08:12 PM
I totally disagree JR.

I've had some kind of hard posts about BM, but that doesn't mean I don't want him here.

He's acting like a baby right now. How much of that is his agent? Why can't Pat throw him a $1.5 mil earnest monmey deal for this year. He's already earned way more than that by today's standards.

Just make the guy feel like we really want him on our team and also want him for the future.

Could BM become a Haven Moses/Rod Smith/Eddie Mac type of Bronco? I think it's a good possibility.

Because if you spoil a spoiled rotten child when he pouts and complains, then the child will never learn.

We all know he has talent...but more and more every day I am seeing why he has been nicknamed ( since coming out of college ) baby T.O.

broncohead
08-22-2009, 08:13 PM
To also add to this post and Kaylore's post about taking responsibility...the guy couldn't even realize that he was once again in a courtroom this past week for battery, instead complains about how the Broncos and whoever in the staff told players to not talk about his court resolution.

He wants to blame everyone else about his problems.

I don't recall Marshall blaming anyone...

Ravage!!!
08-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Because if you spoil a spoiled rotten child when he pouts and complains, then the child will never learn.

We all know he has talent...but more and more every day I am seeing why he has been nicknamed ( since coming out of college ) baby T.O.

I agree with you on this. If Pat does that to this player, it opens the door for others in the future.

Tned
08-22-2009, 08:15 PM

That's a myth perpetrated by the people bashing him.

Northman
08-22-2009, 08:15 PM
No McD is probably trying to prove a point. He probably has gotten offers with at least a 2nd rd. pick. If we where a team that could make a run in the playoffs I would say play hard ball. We are rebuilding and could use the extra pick because Marshall won't resign next season.

If you have a link to back that up by all means show us. If Jay Cutler is worth 2 1sts and a player then Marshall is certainly worth more than a 2nd rounder. There is no way i would settle just for a second rounder regardless of the risk. Otherwise you end up getting ass raped just like Oakland did with Moss.

Watchthemiddle
08-22-2009, 08:17 PM

Have you ever seen him take responsibility? If so let me know. Also let me know when he wants to learn the playbook and get on the field. Also let me know when he wants to stop blaming the Broncos for his re-hab. ALso let me know when he owns up to his contract and plays ball.

Tned
08-22-2009, 08:27 PM
Have you ever seen him take responsibility? If so let me know. Also let me know when he wants to learn the playbook and get on the field. Also let me know when he wants to stop blaming the Broncos for his re-hab. ALso let me know when he owns up to his contract and plays ball.

Ok, if I don't say, "it's my fault I'm not a millionaire" that is the equivalent of me blaming someone else for causing me not to be a millionaire? :confused:

So the lack of him taking responsibility for some unamed thing, is 'proof' that he has blamed others? :confused:

horsepig
08-22-2009, 08:30 PM
All good points Watch, he should have been here the whole off-season learning the new playbook (which shopuld be very BM friendly).

I've had a few beers and am feeling generous towar5ds the guy. He really does seem like a pretty nice kid, he's involved as much as any player with Denver youths.

He definitely has some classic Bronco0 receiver characteristics; for arguements sake lets say his character turns out to be good, he's actually a little slow (Eddie, Rod, Haven) but seems to have that special nack for being around the ball, makes some rea nice effort after the catch, and (I hope this will be true the rest of his carreer) can catch anything he can get his fingers on.

broncohead
08-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Have you ever seen him take responsibility? If so let me know.

So is he blaming someone else or not taking responsibility?

Also let me know when he wants to learn the playbook and get on the field.

You must know exactly what he's going through and feeling right now. Please enlighten me.

Also let me know when he wants to stop blaming the Broncos for his re-hab.

Well didn't the medical staff tell him he was ok to play when he needed surgery? How is that Marshall's fault?

ALso let me know when he owns up to his contract and plays ball.

It's called a buisiness. That goes for the players as well as the teams. And if I'm not mistaken Marshall has been at MANDATORY camp.

Watchthemiddle
08-22-2009, 08:36 PM
Ok, if I don't say, "it's my fault I'm not a millionaire" that is the equivalent of me blaming someone else for causing me not to be a millionaire? :confused:

So the lack of him taking responsibility for some unamed thing, is 'proof' that he has blamed others? :confused:

Okay you got me.....i guess he has taken responsibility for one thing...he actually admitted to not knowing the playbook.

Watchthemiddle
08-22-2009, 08:37 PM
So is he blaming someone else or not taking responsibility?

You must know exactly what he's going through and feeling right now. Please enlighten me.

Well didn't the medical staff tell him he was ok to play when he needed surgery? How is that Marshall's fault?

It's called a buisiness. That goes for the players as well as the teams. And if I'm not mistaken Marshall has been at MANDATORY camp.

Excuses

:coffee:

Tned
08-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Do we have one of those smilies that shows you bashing you head into the wall? I think I need that one.

Watchthemiddle
08-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Do we have one of those smilies that shows you bashing you head into the wall? I think I need that one.

:banghead::banghead:

broncohead
08-22-2009, 08:42 PM
Excuses

Hey Marshall don't be afraid to go back the Denver medical staff even if you think you might have a torn ACL. They will get it right this time I promise:laugh:

Watchthemiddle
08-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Hey Marshall don't be afraid to go back the Denver medical staff even if you think you might have a torn ACL. They will get it right this time I promise:laugh:

Hey training staff...our #1 star pro bowl receiver has an injured hip...possibly one of the top 10 WR's in the league...when he comes in, just give him a little treatment. We don't wanthim to heal...

Ravage!!!
08-22-2009, 08:48 PM
Hey training staff...our #1 star pro bowl receiver has an injured hip...possibly one of the top 10 WR's in the league...when he comes in, just give him a little treatment. We don't wanthim to heal...

sounds like the something the training staff would say.... in order to not take responsibility! :lol:

Watchthemiddle
08-22-2009, 08:53 PM
sounds like the something the training staff would say.... in order to not take responsibility! :lol:

Because thats a smart business move...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Simple Jaded
08-22-2009, 09:15 PM

Well, it IS the Denver Broncos, the team that just traded their franchise QB.......

Tned
08-22-2009, 09:25 PM
:banghead::banghead:

Thanks....
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead:

Northman
08-22-2009, 09:27 PM

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2252/1862544845_cd72887c04.jpg?v=1194229507