So depressed is about right.

Russel Wilson was a rockie, 4th round pick :shocked:

MOtorboat
02-04-2013, 07:39 PM
Russel Wilson was a rockie, 4th round pick :shocked:

Never made it out if A ball.

Nomad
02-04-2013, 07:40 PM
Try following the Mariners. But I like watching college ball and my sons keep me busy with their baseball too ( which isn't till May):ohwell:

Dapper Dan
02-04-2013, 07:42 PM
I try to follow the Reds. I really just don't like baseball that much. I'll stay busy with draft/free agency and watching old games. Steelers/Broncos '83 for example.

NightTerror218
02-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Never made it out if A ball.

true

Dapper Dan
02-04-2013, 07:44 PM
John Lynch threw out the first pitch in Mariners history.

But I'm sure most of you know that.

MOtorboat
02-04-2013, 07:46 PM
John Lynch threw out the first pitch in Mariners history.

But I'm sure most of you know that.

I think David Nied threw the Rockies' first pitch.

Nomad
02-04-2013, 07:47 PM
I try to follow the Reds. I really just don't like baseball that much. I'll stay busy with draft/free agency and watching old games. Steelers/Broncos '83 for example.

My HS coach use to tell us, the ones who don't like baseball are the ones who could never hit the ball.:lol:

I guess that holds true because I was never any good at basketball.

Dapper Dan
02-04-2013, 07:49 PM
My HS coach use to tell us, the ones who don't like baseball are the ones who could never hit the ball.:lol:

I guess that holds true because I was never any good at basketball.

Whatever. I was a good Tee Ball player. The best 15 year old out there, as a matter of fact.

DenBronx
02-04-2013, 08:55 PM
When I moved to California I became an A's fan....you know when the raiders were still in LA. I am counting the days when the raiders either move back to LA or the A's finally build their own stadium. We want nothing to do with that gawd awfull football team. The A's are trying to make plans to build a stadium near San Jose/Santa Clara. This is crazy because the 49ers are also moving to Santa Clara. That leaves the Giants and raiders all on their own. lol

Anyhow....baseball season at least takes the edge off a bit but NOTHING compares to football, not even MMA. I would rather watch an arena or highschool game.

Looks like I need to get my ass back in the gym again.

SR
02-04-2013, 09:11 PM
When I moved to California I became an A's fan....you know when the raiders were still in LA. I am counting the days when the raiders either move back to LA or the A's finally build their own stadium. We want nothing to do with that gawd awfull football team. The A's are trying to make plans to build a stadium near San Jose/Santa Clara. This is crazy because the 49ers are also moving to Santa Clara. That leaves the Giants and raiders all on their own. lol

Anyhow....baseball season at least takes the edge off a bit but NOTHING compares to football, not even MMA. I would rather watch an arena or highschool game.

Looks like I need to get my ass back in the gym again.

Hockey!

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

BroncoWave
02-04-2013, 09:12 PM
This is normally when I slide into college hoops mode, but my team sucks balls this year, so my main focus will be on tennis and golf. Gonna be a loooong offseason.

SR
02-04-2013, 09:13 PM
This is normally when I slide into college hoops mode, but my team sucks balls this year, so my main focus will be on tennis and golf. Gonna be a loooong offseason.

Tennis and golf? Might as well be interior design and knitting.

Dapper Dan
02-04-2013, 09:14 PM

Ditto.

No matter how good you get at tennis, you'll never be as good as a wall.

MOtorboat
02-04-2013, 09:15 PM
Tennis and golf? Might as well be interior design and knitting.

Kiss my ass.

SR
02-04-2013, 09:15 PM
Kiss my ass.

Ok.

BroncoWave
02-04-2013, 09:18 PM
Kiss my ass.

Haters gonna hate Mo.

Dapper Dan
02-04-2013, 09:20 PM
Hockey, glorified figure skaters.

SR
02-04-2013, 09:20 PM

You couldn't do it

BroncoWave
02-04-2013, 09:21 PM
You couldn't do it

And you couldn't play tennis or golf at the level pros do. Your point?

MOtorboat
02-04-2013, 09:21 PM
Haters gonna hate Mo.

Nadal sucks.

SR
02-04-2013, 09:22 PM
And you couldn't play tennis or golf at the level pros do. Your point?

No but I would never discount their talents or abilities as athletes.

BroncoWave
02-04-2013, 09:22 PM
Nadal sucks.

And to think I just defended you. When his knees are healthy he's the best in the game. Don't think he'll ever be at that point again though.

BroncoWave
02-04-2013, 09:23 PM
No but I would never discount their talents or abilities as athletes.

Pretty sure he was just trolling you.

SR
02-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Pretty sure he was just trolling you.

I'm fully aware, thanks.

MOtorboat
02-04-2013, 09:24 PM
And to think I just defended you. When his knees are healthy he's the best in the game. Don't think he'll ever be at that point again though.

Djokovic is the best in the game. Federer was before him. Never has been Nadal.

:)

I'm a Murray fan now that Andy retired.

Poet
02-04-2013, 09:24 PM

Shut your ******* mouth.

BroncoWave
02-04-2013, 09:27 PM
Djokovic is the best in the game. Federer was before him. Never has been Nadal.

:)

I'm a Murray fan now that Andy retired.

Nadal was ranked #1 for over year jackass. And he has owned Fed his entire career, and owned Djokovic until very recently.

DenBronx
Hockey? Tennis? Golf?? Figure Skating???

This doesnt help and only makes the wait even worse now.

MOtorboat
Nadal was ranked #1 for over year jackass. And he has owned Fed his entire career, and owned Djokovic until very recently.

:laugh:

Poet
02-04-2013, 09:28 PM
Tennis is just a weird sport to me.

MOtorboat
02-04-2013, 09:29 PM

Why?

Dapper Dan
02-04-2013, 09:29 PM
Shut your ******* mouth.

I thought you were a Kentucky fan or something. You people don't recognize that any sports exist outside of basketball. So what are you talking about, Willis?

BroncoWave
02-04-2013, 09:30 PM
:laugh:

Nadal vs. Federer: 18-10 record
Nadal vs. Djokovic: 19-14 record

Suck it midget.

Dapper Dan
02-04-2013, 09:30 PM
I like to watch Maria Sharapova play tennis.

I usually cheered for Nasal, just because I didn't like Federerererer.

Poet
02-04-2013, 09:31 PM
I thought you were a Kentucky fan or something. You people don't recognize that any sports exist outside of basketball. So what are you talking about, Willis?

I do love my Wildcats! However, other sports exist. Football, baseball and HOCKEY are fantastic.

Poet
Why?

I can't get into it at all. I know it's hard, but I don't get the enjoyment from it.

Dapper Dan
Djokovic sounds like choke a bitch.

Dapper Dan
02-04-2013, 09:32 PM
I hate when they show hockey or soccer highlights on Top Ten. It's the same old stuff. They just do it to keep complaints down.

MOtorboat
02-04-2013, 09:33 PM
I can't get into it at all. I know it's hard, but I don't get the enjoyment from it.

I can understand that. I thought you meant you'd didn't understand the sport...

Poet
02-04-2013, 09:36 PM
I see him trolling, he hatin', the mods should stop him from postin' dirty.

MOtorboat
02-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Nadal vs. Federer: 18-10 record
Nadal vs. Djokovic: 19-14 record

Suck it midget.

Not on clay:
Federer vs. Nadal: 8-5
Djokovic vs. Nadal: 11-6

Dapper Dan
02-04-2013, 09:38 PM
I see him trolling, he hatin', the mods should stop him from postin' dirty.

Very clever. You go hard with your mad rap game.

BroncoWave
02-04-2013, 09:39 PM
Not on clay:

When you have to make a caveat you have already lost. Sorry bud. :)

Dapper Dan
02-04-2013, 09:39 PM
Not on clay:

That's like saying Manning is better than someone else when playing in a dome. Or on turf. I think they should get rid of clay courts.

BroncoWave
02-04-2013, 09:42 PM
That's like saying Manning is better than someone else when playing in a dome. Or on turf. I think they should get rid of clay courts.

Yeah, it's a pretty stupid argument by Mo. Even off of Clay, Nadal has beaten Federer in the finals of Wimbledon and the Aussie Open.

MOtorboat
02-04-2013, 09:45 PM
When you have to make a caveat you have already lost. Sorry bud. :)

3/4 of the ATP tournaments are not played on clay. It's a valid argument, certainly.

The large number of matches Djokovic and Federer have played against Nadal on clay vs. the small number played on hard court and grass show several things, A.) Nadal doesn't go far in tournaments on grass and hard court consistently and B.) He enters large numbers of clay tournaments and not on other surfaces.

Absolutely valid.

BroncoWave
02-04-2013, 09:49 PM
3/4 of the ATP tournaments are not played on clay. It's a valid argument, certainly.

The large number of matches Djokovic and Federer have played against Nadal on clay vs. the small number played on hard court and grass show several things, A.) Nadal doesn't go far in tournaments on grass and hard court consistently and B.) He enters large numbers of clay tournaments and not on other surfaces.

Absolutely valid.

He's won Wimbledon, the most prestigious tournament in tennis, twice. As well as one a piece in the US Open and Aussie Open. On a VERY short list to have the career grand slam. To deny his greatness is pure comedy.

MOtorboat
02-04-2013, 09:52 PM
He's won Wimbledon, the most prestigious tournament in tennis, twice. As well as one a piece in the US Open and Aussie Open. On a VERY short list to have the career grand slam. To deny his greatness is pure comedy.

I never denied his greatness. I simply said, mostly, Federer and, secondly, Djokovic, are better.

Edit: I did say "Nadal sucks" which was clearly a hyperbolic statement.

DenBronx
02-04-2013, 10:08 PM

Well that's because it's like a larger game of ping pong.

DenBronx
02-05-2013, 01:16 AM
Well...on the East Coast it's 213 days now.

*farts*

TXBRONC
02-05-2013, 06:41 AM
Whatever. I was a good Tee Ball player. The best 15 year old out there, as a matter of fact.

Unfortunately the four six year olds in front of you were better. :D

UnderArmour
02-05-2013, 08:34 AM
Only 36 days to free agency and 81 days until the draft!

TXBRONC
02-05-2013, 11:19 AM
Kiss my ass.

Shouldn't you be trying figure out new ways to get Greg Jennings to sit on your lap?

MasterShake
02-05-2013, 12:50 PM
After the way the season ended I'm glad for a little break. I got caught up in it all more than normal and am looking forward to paying more attention to the Nuggets and Avs. I'm gonna try and make it out to opening day at Coors Field for the Rockies too, no matter how bad the team is that is always awesome. Plus its not like we don't have the draft and free agency to look forward to. The worst part of the NFL season for me is always after the first week of preseason. By then I am starved for real football and I have to sit there and watch dress rehearsal for a month.

DenBronx
02-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Only 36 days to free agency and 81 days until the draft!

This countdown is much better.

However, we made our big splash last year, so this year free agency should be pretty boring.

zbeg
02-05-2013, 02:02 PM

That's what she said.

Poet
02-05-2013, 02:11 PM
That's what she said.

Tennis is like bad sex?

zbeg
02-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Tennis is like bad sex?

If you've seen me try to play tennis, that would be a generous analogy.

Dapper Dan
02-05-2013, 09:39 PM
After the way the season ended I'm glad for a little break. I got caught up in it all more than normal and am looking forward to paying more attention to the Nuggets and Avs. I'm gonna try and make it out to opening day at Coors Field for the Rockies too, no matter how bad the team is that is always awesome. Plus its not like we don't have the draft and free agency to look forward to. The worst part of the NFL season for me is always after the first week of preseason. By then I am starved for real football and I have to sit there and watch dress rehearsal for a month.

I know most guys here seem to be Colorado sports teams. My teams are everywhere. And if any of them ever win, I'm probably going to be accused of being a bandwagon fan. But for now, pretty much all of my teams suck.

DenBronx
02-06-2013, 12:26 AM
I know most guys here seem to be Colorado sports teams. My teams are everywhere. And if any of them ever win, I'm probably going to be accused of being a bandwagon fan. But for now, pretty much all of my teams suck.

Mine are also spread out everywhere.

Broncos
Lakers
Notre Dame/Cal State Bears
A's

Dapper Dan
02-06-2013, 01:01 AM
Broncos
University of Tennessee
Reds
Magic
Dale Earnhardt Jr

None have had much success in the last several years.

Poet
02-06-2013, 01:06 AM
Hey now, the Reds have been pretty good. Granted last year's soul-crushing defeat to the faggy ass Giants made me question the existence of god...

Otherwise good.

Dapper Dan
02-06-2013, 01:11 AM
Hey now, the Reds have been pretty good. Granted last year's soul-crushing defeat to the faggy ass Giants made me question the existence of god...

Otherwise good.

They went from mediocre to good. The past few years they've been really good. They were so good last season. Hopefully they keep building forward. We'll see.

Poet
02-06-2013, 01:22 AM
We just new one more starting pitcher and one more big time bat. I wish Jocketty, who I think is fantastic as a GM, would just give up some of the farm to get some stud players. Granted our payroll is limited, so what I want is not realistic.

Dapper Dan
02-06-2013, 01:35 AM
We just new one more starting pitcher and one more big time bat. I wish Jocketty, who I think is fantastic as a GM, would just give up some of the farm to get some stud players. Granted our payroll is limited, so what I want is not realistic.

I would just like to have more consistency with players. Franchise guys. Hopefully Bruce and Votto are here a while. I like Brandon Phillips and his hatred for St Louis.

A few years ago I thought we were building something and it all broke apart. Casey, Dunn, Griffey, Kearns, etc. I thought we would add a few more players, especially pitching, and be on our way. But all of sudden everyone was gone and we were rebuilding. I like the direction we're going right now. I just don't want it to fall apart like before. I think having younger, better guys with longer contracts will keep that from happening.

DenBronx
02-06-2013, 01:41 AM
Kings list is this:

Broncos/Bengals
Reds
Anyone playing table tennis

Dapper Dan
02-06-2013, 01:59 AM
Kings list is this:

Broncos/Bengals
Reds

And the gay ass Wildcats.

TXBRONC
02-06-2013, 11:49 AM
I'm not as into baseball as I once was but when I do watch I like to watch the Atlanta Braves.

NightTerror218
02-06-2013, 01:42 PM
Scouting Combine in 3 weeks

Poet
02-06-2013, 04:39 PM
Kings list is this:

Broncos/Bengals
Reds

The Broncos are cool, but it's all about the Bengals for me and you know that, haha.

Reds.

Celtics.

Blackhawks.

WILDCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Packers are pretty cool, as well.