PDA

View Full Version : Is this prediction way to wacky/Optimistic/Homeristic?? Denver Captures the #2 Seed?

BroncoBJ
11-13-2007, 07:01 AM
Well I started this thread over on Bronco Country and I figured I would post it here as well to see what the people on this site think about it:

Here we go:

Well I've mentioned it before in a different thread(s). But After the win vs the Chiefs in KC It has me doing cartwheels and feeling more optimistic then ever before.

Now I dont want you fairweather fans in here. lol jk

Here me out here though.....

heres how I see things over the next 7 weeks:

Denver Broncos:
Vs Tennessee Titans -- W
@ Chicago Bears -- W
@ Oakland Raiders -- W
Vs Kansas City Chiefs -- W
@ Houston Texans -- W
Vs Minnesota Vikings - W

That will leave us at 11-5 and sitting pretty and we will already have won the AFC West because we will have at least a tie with the Chargers and have a better division record so we would be ahead of them.

Here is how the rest of the AFC will go:

Pittsburgh Steelers:
@ New York Jets -- W
Vs Miami Dolphins -- W
Vs Cincinnati Bengals-- W
@ New England Patriots -- L
Vs Jacksonville Jaguars -- W
@ St. Louis Rams -- L
@ Baltimore Ravens -- L

Now if that happens Pitt will be 11-5 and tied with us(we own the tiebreaker vs them since we beat them head to head). I can also see Pitt losing 1 of the games I have them winning and maybe even winning a game I have them losing. So they end up 10-6 or 11-5.

Now for the fun AFC South predictions:

Tennessee Titans:
@ Denver Broncos -- L
@ Cincinnati Bengals -- L
vs Houston Texans -- W
Vs San Diego Chargers -- W
@ Kansas City Chiefs -- W
vs Indianapolis Colts -- W

Jacksonville Jaguars
Vs San Diego Chargers -- W
vs Buffalo Bills -- W
@ Indianapolis Colts -- W
vs Carolina Panthers -- W
@ Pittsburgh Steelers -- L
vs Oakland Raiders -- W
@ Houston Texans -- L

Indianapolis Colts:
Vs Kansas City Chiefs -- W
@ Atlanta Falcons -- L ok... I'm reaching on this one
Vs Jacksonville Jaguars -- L
@ Baltimore Ravens -- L
@ Oakland Raiders -- W
vs Houston Texans -- W
Vs Tennessee Titans -- L

Now I highly doubt that the Colts will lose 3 straight games But with 2 of those 3 being on the road and the way they are banged up it very well could happen. The loss vs the Colts could have demorilized them(I hope)

So with that being said here is how everything could Shape up:

1. New England Patriots (16-0)
2. Denver Broncos (11-5)
3. Pittsburgh Steelers (11-5)
4. Tennessee Titans (11-5)
5. Wildcard team #1
6. Wildcard team #2

I have the Colts at 10-6 and that is reaching it. I'm thinking at worse it might just be 11-5 and they could go 12-4 which would ruin the purpose of this thread. So for the Broncos sake they go 10-6. :salute:

IF Indy goes 11-5 or better and wins the division then we have no shot to be the #2 seed obviously. If they go 11-5 and beat the Falcons and beats all the teams I have them beating then we cant get the 2 seed( I dont think). IF Indy goes 11-5 and all 3 of thier losses are to Texans,Jags, Titans(all at home) And Tennessee goes 11-5 and wins the games I have them winning.. same with the Jags then The Titans will win the division based on thier divisional record compared to the rest of the teams and Denver can have a shot at a 2 seed.

Here is how the Rankings look based on Divisional record/ head to head/ Conference Games If everything goes the way I say it will go:

Denver 9-3 vs AFC (5-1 divisional record) -- Beat Pitt Head to head...
Pittsburgh 10-2 vs AFC ( 5-1 divisional record)
-------------------------------------------------
Tennessee 8-4 vs AFC (4-2 divisional record)
Indianapolis 7-5 vs AFC (4-2 divisional record)
Jacksonville 8-4 vs AFC (3-3 divisional record)

Now all of that is based on How I believe the things are figured out.

If all 3 AFC South Teams are 11-5 then it goes by:
1. Head to head between the 3 clubs.
2. Divisional Record
3. Common games(NFC Opponents)
4. Conference Record.

Which is all the above records which I showed above^^^

I have never really understood why the Common games is a factor before the Conference games but thats how they do it.

The one team that I believe is ruining Denvers chances of the #2 seed is the Colts(and maybe even the Jags). But I really think the Colts are going to put a damper on my plan. The Broncos could also ruin their own chances. :laugh:

I will even root for the Chiefs this week(since they probably wont be a factor in the AFC West anyways lol) to beat the Colts.

Now if the Broncos lose any game the rest of the way then this is all pretty much shot to hell and we will have to go back at thinking about the upcoming draft or the AFC West.

So IF every game goes exactly the way I mapped it out then we will be the # 2 seed.

Now I'd like to see what other people here think of this crazy idea. Do you think we have it in us? Do you think I'm a moron? Do you think theres a chance the Colts can go 3-4 in thier next 7 games? Do you hate this idea and would rather have a top 10 pick in the draft?

Were a better team then our record IMO. I wish we could have 1 more loss back(Jags). Even the Packers game back. We should not lose games at home. If we had 4 losses.. or even 3 then this would make a lot more sense.

What are your peoples thoughts?
Maybe the Chargers beating the Colts on Sunday Night actually helped us in the long run?

I know winning the 2 seed is a long shot but when you look at it all there is still a chance and I will continue to be thinking about the 2 seed from here on out until further notice.

So Everyone please discuss this and let me know your thoughts.
We could also capture the #1 seed if the Pats go 1-6 or worse down the stretch. But thats another story :lol:

But I'm a bit tired right now and hopefully everything I said makes sense.

Post away :salute:

Let the Comeback Begin -- Tellway

TXBRONC
11-13-2007, 08:21 AM
Yes its way to homeristic. You're banking on the Colts and the Steelers tanking, that is not realistic.

BaiLeY324
11-13-2007, 02:45 PM
Any given Sunday.....

Requiem / The Dagda
11-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Four and twelve please.

Lonestar
11-13-2007, 03:22 PM
I think you have a huge future in sc-fi writing..

Medford Bronco
11-13-2007, 05:06 PM
I think you have a huge future in sc-fi writing..

:laugh:

that was good.

Jay you know I love your homerism

you would make Johnny Most proud :laugh:

I say between 7-9 and 9-7 as a best case scenario

but Med has been wrong many many many many many times lol

if SD tanks and we win the West that is a start I think

KC looks lost now with no LJ and having to go to Indy most
likely will lose this week to drop to 4-6

8-8 could be a West winner IMO

SD could lose to the Jags and it would not shock me
in the least and then they would be 5-5 and PR
is so inconsistent it is not even funny.

I still remember the empty hand play in the
End Zone. It was pretty sad if you ask me

Retired_Member_001
11-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Last season I was against those who said that they didn't want us to make the playoffs so we would get a higher draft pick.

This year I am with them. Let's face it, if we get into the playoffs, we are going to lose BADLY in the first round. Anything can happen in the playoffs which is true, unless you have a terrible run defense and a bad offensive line. I'd rather get some good draft picks this year and then take the league by storm the next.

Lonestar
11-14-2007, 05:36 PM
Last season I was against those who said that they didn't want us to make the playoffs so we would get a higher draft pick.

This year I am with them. Let's face it, if we get into the playoffs, we are going to lose BADLY in the first round. Anything can happen in the playoffs which is true, unless you have a terrible run defense and a bad offensive line. I'd rather get some good draft picks this year and then take the league by storm the next.

First of all if we win the division (super long shot) we get a first place schedule to play next year with NE and Indy being out there I'll pass to play them until the playoffs if I can.

The difference in picking in the top 10 which I can;t ever remember doing is getting option on the BEST at one of the positions that we have a need for verse perhaps getting the third best at say DT.. There is usually only ONE great per year out there at any one spot maybe two in a fat year. The again we get to pick at say 8 and then again at 40, 72, 104 opposed to 21, 53, 85, 117. Big difference in talent overall IMO.

Lets see great options on players and a third or fourth place schedule vs getting our brains beat out (AGAIN) in a playoff game.

This one is a no brainer..

Tned
11-14-2007, 05:42 PM

There are still seven games left (I think), with a lot of young players getting better, and Javon back by the time the playoffs role around. If the team 'sneaks' in to the playoffs based on the luck of a horrible division, it is possible they will have developed into a team that could advance by that point. Will they be a NE/Colts caliber team? Unlikely, but any given Sunday.

Medford Bronco
11-14-2007, 05:47 PM
There are still seven games left (I think), with a lot of young players getting better, and Javon back by the time the playoffs role around. If the team 'sneaks' in to the playoffs based on the luck of a horrible division, it is possible they will have developed into a team that could advance by that point. Will they be a NE/Colts caliber team? Unlikely, but any given Sunday.

and Maybe I can go to the game with my impeccable record of 4-0 for Denver at NE.........we can dream right ;)

not holding my breath though lol

sanluis
11-15-2007, 03:37 PM
Denver , KC , and SD will be lucky to go 8-8 right now. They are all playing inconsistent football, have injuries to key starters and have hard schedules.

So yes your prediction is wacky, humorist , and overly optimistic. 11-5 with the #2 seed? Wow, that was funny! Thanks for the good laugh! :laugh::beer:

topscribe
11-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Denver , KC , and SD will be lucky to go 8-8 right now. They are all playing inconsistent football, have injuries to key starters and have hard schedules.

So yes your prediction is wacky, humorist , and overly optimistic. 11-5 with the #2 seed? Wow, that was funny! Thanks for the good laugh! :laugh::beer:

Hey Sanluis, where you been?

Going to hang around? :beer:

-----

sanluis
11-15-2007, 04:00 PM
Hey Sanluis, where you been?

Going to hang around? :beer:

-----

I have been lurking around. I have been at a loss for words after the ugly football I was forced to endure last week. My stomach has finally settled and I feel well enough to post again! :D

Did you notice Jordan Beck from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo making a few special team tackles for you guys against KC. The kid is a fast.

The KC game was a good win for you guys. Just don't be too optimistic as it was almost as ugly as the SD game. To think that this would equate to becoming the #2 seed in the AFC is kind of funny after the way this season has been going. :D

LT keeps on talking about getting hot like some kind of magic wand will appear and presto everything will be OK. Me I have a more realistic approach. Work hard and make it happen by playing 60 minutes of good football. Something that is lacking in the AFCW this year.

TXBRONC
11-15-2007, 08:46 PM

I think 10-6 is very do able for Denver our schedule the rest of the way isn't real difficult.