PDA

View Full Version : Marshall doesn't make trip to Seattle (merged)

Tned
08-21-2009, 09:56 PM
Denver Post Reporting:

SEATTLE — Brandon Marshall's return from offseason hip surgery will have to wait at least another week.

Marshall, the Broncos' top receiver who, besides health issues, has asked to be traded, did not make the trip here for the Broncos' preseason game Saturday night against the Seattle Seahawks.

Also not making the trip were safety Brian Dawkins, who has a broken hand, and backup receiver Brandon Lloyd, who has an unspecified injury.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13181244

Dawkins and Lloyd have injuries, but there is no indication why Marshall didn't make the trip. One would assume it is not injury, as he was healthy enough to practice all week on the scout team

Tned
08-21-2009, 10:04 PM
Vic Lombardi reports:

@VicLombardi marshall and dawkins wont play tomorrow night...did not make the trip...dawkins no surprise but marshall leaves me wondering
less than 20 seconds

MOtorboat
08-21-2009, 10:06 PM
Vic Lombardi reports:

I report:

cameroneditor@VicLombardi - Marshall needs to grow up!

silkamilkamonico
08-21-2009, 10:39 PM
McDaniels is probably keeping Marshall out to protect him from his glass gina body absorbing another injury.

Tned
08-21-2009, 10:44 PM
Ok, I can see fan sentiment has now moved more to about 80/20 against Marshall.

silkamilkamonico
08-21-2009, 10:46 PM

When Marshall starts putting the team above himself, I'll gladly do a 180.

Tned
08-21-2009, 10:49 PM
When Marshall starts putting the team above himself, I'll gladly do a 180.

It's easier fans to cope by quickly moving into 'trash the player' mode -- kind of a defense mechanism.

MOtorboat
08-21-2009, 10:53 PM

I would ask you to not speculate before the facts come out.

MOtorboat
08-21-2009, 10:53 PM
It's easier fans to cope by quickly moving into 'trash the player' mode -- kind of a defense mechanism.

Right, during this offseason there have been no fans going through "trash the coach/owner" mode at all...:rolleyes:

Tned
08-21-2009, 10:56 PM
I would ask you to not speculate before the facts come out.

Ok, I guess you are going to hold on to that foreeeeevvvver.

Right, during this offseason there have been no fans going through "trash the coach/owner" mode at all...:rolleyes:

MO, not everyone believes it has to be one or the other.

Asian Sushi 7
08-21-2009, 10:57 PM
when you blame management for no managing?

A butterfly beating it wings in America can start a hurricane in China.

silkamilkamonico
08-21-2009, 11:00 PM

Well, I'm certainly not "trashing" Marshall by any means, but I'm not going to sit here and feel sorry for a gu that has done nothing but think about himself the past 8 months or whatever. The sense of entitlement Marshall has been displaying is borderline ridiculous.

Tned
08-21-2009, 11:03 PM
Ok, here is why I have problems with the "he can't take ANY reps with the first team, because he doesn't know the playbook".

Who was the free agent running back we picked up after Torrain went down? He was practicing the Broncos offense within a day or two, but Marshall who has attended every training camp meeting except for when he was in court, can't take a single rep with the first team, and is relegated to punt gunner, safety and WR on the scout team.

Only time will tell, when we hear more (if ever), but it seems fishy.

MOtorboat
08-21-2009, 11:04 PM
MO, not everyone believes it has to be one or the other.

I don't believe its one way or the other, either. I really wish you'd learn that, and quit bitching at me.

I'll be the first to roast McDaniels...I just am going to wait until we play a regular season game, unlike the throngs of posters who have roasted McDaniels. Maybe you should roast them.

But you choose, instead, to call me out for reading everything about Marshall's situation and coming to my own conclusion, that with what I've read, it's mostly on Marshall, rather than McDaniels, because Marshall's beef is mostly not with the coach, because it started before this coach.

You assume that it's "my way or the highway" with me, when you continue to do the same thing...(go berate the idiots that post "McDaniels is a douche bag" and "McDumbass doesn't know what he's doing," and leave me alone).

Asian Sushi 7
08-21-2009, 11:05 PM
sometime person not need yelling, person need arm around shoulder

Tned
08-21-2009, 11:13 PM
I don't believe its one way or the other, either. I really wish you'd learn that, and quit bitching at me.

I'll be the first to roast McDaniels...I just am going to wait until we play a regular season game, unlike the throngs of posters who have roasted McDaniels. Maybe you should roast them.

But you choose, instead, to call me out for reading everything about Marshall's situation and coming to my own conclusion, that with what I've read, it's mostly on Marshall, rather than McDaniels, because Marshall's beef is mostly not with the coach, because it started before this coach.

You assume that it's "my way or the highway" with me, when you continue to do the same thing...(go berate the idiots that post "McDaniels is a douche bag" and "McDumbass doesn't know what he's doing," and leave me alone).

"call out" WTF does that mean? :confused: Is that what you do everytime you post a sarcastic one liner after someone posts something you don't like? Is it only ok for you to do, or can we all do it? Just want to know what rules we are supposed to play by.

As to McDaniels, I have posted plenty in support/defense of McDaniels. I am not here to be the thought police and tell people what opinions are or aren't acceptable -- I simply post my opinions, just like other posters have the right to do.

IMO, we haven't seen enough information to say this is all on Marshal's shoulders.

MOtorboat
08-21-2009, 11:15 PM
"call out" WTF does that mean? :confused: Is that what you do everytime you post a sarcastic one liner after someone posts something you don't like? Is it only ok for you to do, or can we all do it? Just want to know what rules we are supposed to play by.

As to McDaniels, I have posted plenty in support/defense of McDaniels. I am not here to be the thought police and tell people what opinions are or aren't acceptable -- I simply post my opinions, just like other posters have the right to do.

IMO, we haven't seen enough information to say this is all on Marshal's shoulders.

And in my opinion, judging on the information given, it is on Marshall's shoulders. But I will quit assuming. It is not allowed here.

Insert "trash the player" mode.

Tned
08-21-2009, 11:21 PM
And in my opinion, judging on the information given, it is on Marshall's shoulders. But I will quit assuming. It is not allowed here.

Insert "trash the player" mode.

MO, when someone disagrees with you, welll, that is why we have forums to discuss things. It isn't all personal. Who the **** said it wasn't allowed.

Lighten up, dude.

MOtorboat
08-21-2009, 11:27 PM
MO, when someone disagrees with you, welll, that is why we have forums to discuss things. It isn't all personal. Who the **** said it wasn't allowed.

Lighten up, dude.

Hey, I didn't MHS you making assertions...kind of had the feel of "making it personal," but I guess I'm the only one guilty of that...

Tned
08-22-2009, 02:27 AM
Here, this is from today's (Saturday's) Denver Post. This is the point I have been trying to make, and I think what Krieger was saying in his Total Access interview. Marshall new the plays well enough to run with the second and first unit for two days, until his agent reportedly asked for an extension/renegotiation and then a trade. Since then, he has been relegated to the scout team.

Marshall is healthy. His status with the team seemed to change Tuesday afternoon when his agent, Kennard McGuire, met with Broncos management to reiterate a trade request Marshall said he first delivered to owner Pat Bowlen during a face-to-face meeting in June.

In the Broncos' practices Sunday and Monday morning, Marshall began the sessions running plays with the second team, but he would occasionally mix in with the No. 1 offense.

Following the meeting between McGuire and the Broncos, Marshall spent the rest of the week relegated to the scout team.

Marshall said he didn't mind the scout team demotion because he admittedly didn't know the playbook.

Is Marshall getting punished? Or are the Broncos contemplating acting upon Marshall's discontent as they did former quarterback Jay Cutler by putting him on the trading block?

Full article at the Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13182800?source=rss

Lonestar
08-22-2009, 02:42 AM
perhaps they realized while he was running with the #1 and 2's that he did not in fact know his routes or playbook.. and made a decision until he does he is not helping the team..

"Marshall said he didn't mind the scout team demotion because he admittedly didn't know the playbook."

I suspect that Krieger is trying to sell papers.. by stirring the pot..

Lonestar
08-22-2009, 02:48 AM
Posted: 08/22/2009 01:00:00 AM MDT

Brandon Marshall (Denver Post file photo)SEATTLE — There is something amiss between the Broncos and Brandon Marshall.

The Broncos made a curious decision Friday when they decided not to take their top receiver with them for their preseason game here tonight against the Seattle Seahawks.

Three other Broncos players — Brian Dawkins, Knowshon Moreno and Brandon Lloyd — also didn't make the trip. However, they were all held back because of injuries.

Marshall is healthy. His status with the team seemed to change Tuesday afternoon when his agent, Kennard McGuire, met with Broncos management to reiterate a trade request Marshall said he first delivered to owner Pat Bowlen during a face-to-face meeting in June.

In the Broncos' practices Sunday and Monday morning, Marshall began the sessions running plays with the second team, but he would occasionally mix in with the No. 1 offense.

Following the meeting between McGuire and the Broncos, Marshall spent the rest of the week relegated to the scout team.

Marshall said he didn't mind the scout team demotion because he admittedly didn't know the playbook.

Is Marshall getting punished? Or are the Broncos contemplating acting upon Marshall's discontent as they did former quarterback Jay Cutler by putting him on the trading block?

From the time Marshall walked out on the team's offseason program in late May to protest his contract that has one year and $2.2 million remaining, the Broncos have adamantly refused to deal their controversial star.

It's one thing to trade a quarterback, who by the nature of his position is the team's No. 1 leader, for refusing to play for coach Josh McDaniels. It's another to deal a receiver who wants more money.

If both Cutler and Marshall get their way, who would be the third prominent player to want out if business isn't going his way?

Should the Broncos reach the point of placing Marshall on the trading block, they likely would expect first- and fourth-round draft picks in return. The first-rounder would be based on Marshall's first-round production in the past two seasons, when he recorded a combined 206 catches. The fourth-rounder represents the round Marshall was drafted in 2006.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13182800?source=rss

TheBear
08-22-2009, 01:21 PM
I am starting to wonder if we will ever see him play for Denver again.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4415965

silkamilkamonico
08-22-2009, 01:27 PM
I am starting to wonder if people actually read the threads here before they come and post "recycled information", I mean, there's only 3 other threads on this first page dealing with this exact issue.

Lonestar
08-22-2009, 01:57 PM
I am starting to wonder if people actually read the threads here before they come and post "recycled information", I mean, there's only 3 other threads on this first page dealing with this exact issue.

We start threads because for the most part they are from different sources and have similar but different themes..

and lately there hase not been much to talk about but this moron..:laugh:

NightTrainLayne
08-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Marshall saying himself that he doesn't have a clue about what's going on in the play-book at the very least sheds some doubt on the notion that this is simply McDaniels retaliating due to the trade request. I would expect a player in that situation to say almost anything besides "oh, I don't mind, because I really don't know what's going on anyways."

Lonestar
08-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Marshall saying himself that he doesn't have a clue about what's going on in the play-book at the very least sheds some doubt on the notion that this is simply McDaniels retaliating due to the trade request. I would expect a player in that situation to say almost anything besides "oh, I don't mind, because I really don't GIVE A CRAP what's going on anyways."

edited for clarity :laugh:

broncohead
08-22-2009, 02:15 PM
perhaps they realized while he was running with the #1 and 2's that he did not in fact know his routes or playbook.. and made a decision until he does he is not helping the team..

"Marshall said he didn't mind the scout team demotion because he admittedly didn't know the playbook."

I suspect that Krieger is trying to sell papers.. by stirring the pot..

If your a coach who wants to win you put your best players on the field. If they don't know the playbook or routes you get them in there with the #1s and #2s and teach that player. Now the only logical reason is that there is a trade in the works. If not McD is a dumbass and is butt hurt Marshall asked for a trade.

Lonestar
08-22-2009, 02:22 PM
If your a coach who wants to win you put your best players on the field. If they don't know the playbook or routes you get them in there with the #1s and #2s and teach that player. Now the only logical reason is that there is a trade in the works. If not McD is a dumbass and is butt hurt Marshall asked for a trade.

normally I would say your on the money with this comment..

But sometime you need to do things to get a child's attention..

if your a parent you know what I am saying..

you do not reward a screaming child in the checkout lane because he wants candy.. you smack them on the ass once and tell them NO..

Tned
08-22-2009, 02:29 PM

you do not reward a screaming child in the checkout lane because he wants candy.. you smack them on the ass once and tell them NO..

A screaming child? Really. That's where you are going to take this now?

broncohead
08-22-2009, 03:32 PM

I could care less during the pre season but if this continues into the regular season I'll seriously be questioning McD ability to be a head coach. His job is to win as many games as posible not play parent or school teacher by putting a player in "time out"

Northman
08-22-2009, 04:10 PM
Wait a minute. Is this really that hard to comprehend? Marshall is unhappy about his contract. WE GET IT. However, he has made it known just like Mr. Cutler that he wants out of Denver and thus has had his agent make the demands to be traded. Why on earth is McD going to waste valuable time putting him in with the 1st string if the guy most likely isnt going to be here much longer? Guys like Stokely, Gaffney, Royal, and whoever need to get the reps in with the first stringers because of the uncertainty of Marshall's time here in Denver.

broncohead
08-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Wait a minute. Is this really that hard to comprehend? Marshall is unhappy about his contract. WE GET IT. However, he has made it known just like Mr. Cutler that he wants out of Denver and thus has had his agent make the demands to be traded. Why on earth is McD going to waste valuable time putting him in with the 1st string if the guy most likely isnt going to be here much longer? Guys like Stokely, Gaffney, Royal, and whoever need to get the reps in with the first stringers because of the uncertainty of Marshall's time here in Denver.

Did McD retract his statement saying he wouldn't trade Marshall?

Lonestar
08-22-2009, 04:22 PM
I could care less during the pre season but if this continues into the regular season I'll seriously be questioning McD ability to be a head coach. His job is to win as many games as posible not play parent or school teacher by putting a player in "time out"

I will just guess that after this game if the other WR show up during the game that BM will get it. maybe he is to stupid to, but is will not be from lack of trying on the coaches part..

I will say if he is not ready to play game one they will suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team. or he will see alot fewer rotations one or the other..

they are not going to cut him or trade him unless they get max value for him..

Tned
08-22-2009, 05:54 PM

Even though he has requested a trade, he has made no indications he will hold out. The Broncos get much more value for him if they can put him on the field and show his hip is healthy.

Just because a player requests a trade, doesn't mean he has to be traded. It happens in every major sport, every year, and most of those players are never traded.