PDA

View Full Version : Josina Anderson reports a Broncos starter says, "i am so tired of all the uncertainty around here"

Tned
08-21-2009, 07:58 PM
A tweet a little while ago from Josiana Anderson of Fox 31:

@JosinaAnderson (http://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson) Talked to Bronco starter before team took off early today for Sea., he says "i am so tired of all the uncertainty around here."

slim
08-21-2009, 08:02 PM
Well, that's pretty vague.

Watchthemiddle
08-21-2009, 08:04 PM
I think its only uncertain with ONE player. I hope its that ONE player that said that.

Tned
08-21-2009, 08:04 PM
Yeppers. Maybe she will write something more on the fox31 site.

Tned
08-21-2009, 08:05 PM
I think its only uncertain with ONE player. I hope its that ONE player that said that.

Is that ONE player still a starter?

Watchthemiddle
08-21-2009, 08:06 PM
Is that ONE player still a starter?

Nope...has been practicing with the scout team...:laugh:

Tned
08-21-2009, 08:21 PM
I know everyone's (including mine) first reaction would be that it probably relates to Marshall, but it is really hard to say.

McDaniel's comes from the Belicheck school of closing he ranks. They don't share anything more than they have to. They play games with the injury reports, and as we have seen with McDaniels' press conferences, he says as little as possible about injuries, position battles, etc.

This could relate to the QB postion, the front seven, almost anything.

If I was 'betting', I would say it's about Marshall, but I wouldn't bet the house on it.

Shazam!
08-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Was said Starter tired of the certainty of years past, like not making the playoffs, late season collapses, unmotivated, unprepared, and a laughing stock defense?

Tned
08-21-2009, 08:24 PM
Was said Starter tired of the certainty of years past, like not making the playoffs, late season collapses, unmotivated, unprepared, and a laughing stock defense?

Very unlikely, but thanks for turning it into a Shanny bashing thread.

silkamilkamonico
08-21-2009, 08:35 PM
How about that "starter" worry about what he's trying to do on offense instead of wanting to be informed in every little angle the organization is trying to fix.

Shazam!
08-21-2009, 08:36 PM
Very unlikely, but thanks for turning it into a Shanny bashing thread.

I didn't mention Shanny, and by the same token you essentially started a McD bashing Thread.

It's a new regime so this should go without saying. Jobs are on the line here. No starter is guaranteed. Change was necessary.

NameUsedBefore
08-21-2009, 08:38 PM
I think if it were Marshall he would have said it out loud.

TXBRONC
08-21-2009, 08:42 PM

If it had been Marshall making the comment to Josina probably would have mentioned his name.

spikerman
08-21-2009, 08:45 PM

Or said it while taking a swing. The reporter is a female right?

Too soon?

Zweems56
Is anyone else tired of this woman? All she is, is doom and gloom, lies and slanders. Not to mention that she's a horrible journalist.

broncohead

Marshall isn't starting... Oh ya forgot special teams

Watchthemiddle
What's uncertain?

All players should be playing as if their position on the team is uncertain. Maybe we will get a competitive team on the field if they all play that way.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-21-2009, 09:04 PM
I did not want to start another thread, and since this thread has kind of went to a Brandon thread, I will post link here. It is a good interview.

http://sports.espn.go.com/stations/player?context=podcast&id=4410329

Simple Jaded
08-21-2009, 09:16 PM
How could this happen, a starting player talking like this to a reporter? McDaniels is supposed to have 100% total control of everything and everyone. This is so Un-Patriot Way-like.......

BroncoJoe
08-21-2009, 09:20 PM
Is it just me, or does this seem like a player that has always been a starter being challenged by someone "new"?

Guys are fighting for positions, starting and the like.

I like it.

LRtagger
08-21-2009, 09:24 PM
She is a hack

Tned
08-21-2009, 09:51 PM
Well, since she said she talked to someone before they left, and Marshall didn't make the trip, it sounds like she didn't talk to Marshall.

@denverbroncos Marshall and Dawkins did not make the trip. Short story up soon.

Watchthemiddle
08-21-2009, 09:54 PM
Maybe its a starter talking about Marshall and his uncertain behavior. :confused:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-21-2009, 09:55 PM
Well, since she said she talked to someone before they left, and Marshall didn't make the trip, it sounds like she didn't talk to Marshall.

Seeing her a lot on tv, I sometimes wonder if she sometimes does not always tell things "the way they really are", because she loves to act like she gets the scoops first, and if someone really did talk with her before the Broncos left, I am sure many of the players are tired of all of the drama. The coaches probably are tired of all of the drama also.

Tned
08-21-2009, 10:00 PM
And another:

@JosinaAnderson one offensive starter "tired of the bs" another starter "man im not looking for him I got on the plane and slept."

Watchthemiddle
08-21-2009, 10:02 PM
And another:

IMO...That second quote sounds like its about Marshall.

MOtorboat
08-21-2009, 10:02 PM
So the players are sick of Marshall...at least that's what I'm getting out of that last one...:shocking:

Dude needs to grow up, just like he-who-shall-not-be-named.

LRtagger
08-21-2009, 10:04 PM
and another update:

@JosinaAnderson "get the **** away from me bitch, i'm tryin to get on this airplane"

Tned
08-21-2009, 10:05 PM
So the players are sick of Marshall...at least that's what I'm getting out of that last one...:shocking:

Dude needs to grow up, just like he-who-shall-not-be-named.

They might be sick of Marshall, or they might be sick of the FO BS. We have no way of knowing right now.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-21-2009, 10:05 PM
She also posted the following:

4 players already told me they didnt see Marshall on trip to Seattle..although one player says a room key is there in his name

MOtorboat
08-21-2009, 10:09 PM
They might be sick of Marshall, or they might be sick of the FO BS. We have no way of knowing right now.

She also posted the following:

4 players already told me they didnt see Marshall on trip to Seattle..although one player says a room key is there in his name

I think its clear that its about Marshall at this point. It's a matter of whether Josina is making this crap up, or if there really is a problem.

Half of me thinks that his hip isn't healthy enough for him to play, so he's in Denver.

The other half of me thinks Josina isn't being a drama queen.

Right now, my heart is leaning on the second one...but...my intuition says its the first.

Tned
08-21-2009, 10:13 PM
I think its clear that its about Marshall at this point. It's a matter of whether Josina is making this crap up, or if there really is a problem.

Half of me thinks that his hip isn't healthy enough for him to play, so he's in Denver.

Right now, my heart is leaning on the second one...but...my intuition says its the first.

Oh, I think it is most likely about Marshall, but I don't disagree that it is clear the players are sick of Marshall. They could just as easily be sick of their #1 receiver being relegated to the scout team and told not to make the trip to Seattle.

We are in the same place we were yesterday and the day before, we just don't have a clue what is really going on behind the scenes.

MOtorboat
08-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Oh, I think it is most likely about Marshall, but I don't disagree that it is clear the players are sick of Marshall. They could just as easily be sick of their #1 receiver being relegated to the scout team and told not to make the trip to Seattle.

We are in the same place we were yesterday and the day before, we just don't have a clue what is really going on behind the scenes.

I highly doubt the coaching staff asked him to stay home. Especially if players are telling reporters that he was supposed to be there, and that he had a room reserved for him. You're right that we don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but it's pretty clear from just these few tweets/stories that it certainly isn't the players sick of the coach. If the team hadn't planned on sending him, they wouldn't have reserved a room.

Asian Sushi 7
08-21-2009, 10:18 PM
leadership start at top pol pot always say.

when we stop look at players and look at coach?

slim
08-21-2009, 10:20 PM

Half of you is like 1/8 of a regular man.

Denver Native (Carol)
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13181244
Posted: 08/21/2009 08:46:09 PM MDT
Updated: 08/21/2009 09:11:37 PM MDT

SEATTLE — Brandon Marshall's return from offseason hip surgery will have to wait at least another week.

Marshall, the Broncos' top receiver who, besides health issues, has asked to be traded, did not make the trip here for the Broncos' preseason game Saturday night against the Seattle Seahawks.

Also not making the trip were safety Brian Dawkins, who has a broken hand, and backup receiver Brandon Lloyd, who has an unspecified injury.

MOtorboat
Half of you is like 1/8 of a regular man.

Good point.

And Brandon Marshall is clearly a whiner.

Tned
08-21-2009, 10:21 PM
I highly doubt the coaching staff asked him to stay home. Especially if players are telling reporters that he was supposed to be there, and that he had a room reserved for him. You're right that we don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but it's pretty clear from just these few tweets/stories that it certainly isn't the players sick of the coach. If the team hadn't planned on sending him, they wouldn't have reserved a room.

Do you really think they reserve the rooms the night before? Those rooms were reserved in bulk months ago, and then confirmed two or three times over the last month, as players were cut/added.

If the coaches didn't actually make the call until last night or today (as McDaniels indicated in his presser), then there is a real good chance that they didn't give the info to the travel coordinator.

Again, it's easy to take these little clues and make them fit our preconceived version of the story, but at this point we don't know if Marshall simply didn't make the trip, or if McDaniels told him not to. I'm sure at some point we will find the answer.

slim
08-21-2009, 10:22 PM
Good point.

And Brandon Marshall is clearly a whiner.

I thought it would be a long time before we saw another whiner like our former QB. I was wrong.

MOtorboat
08-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Do you really think they reserve the rooms the night before? Those rooms were reserved in bulk months ago, and then confirmed two or three times over the last month, as players were cut/added.

If the coaches didn't actually make the call until last night or today (as McDaniels indicated in his presser), then there is a real good chance that they didn't give the info to the travel coordinator.

Again, it's easy to take these little clues and make them fit our preconceived version of the story, but at this point we don't know if Marshall simply didn't make the trip, or if McDaniels told him not to. I'm sure at some point we will find the answer.

Well, what I know at this point, is that drama queen reporter says there was a room key in his name, meaning sometime in the last day or so a list of room assignments was either handed out or posted, and his name was on the list.

Now, he's not on the plane and didn't make the trip. Yes, the rooms were probably booked weeks ago, maybe months, but the room assignments weren't handed out months ago. That leads me to believe - in my opinion, not yours, or anyone else's - that this is because Marshall chose not to make the trip. They wouldn't give him a room assignment if they didn't plan on sending him.

Somebody is getting a hell of a deal...rooming by themselves for the weekend...

Tned
08-21-2009, 10:29 PM
Well, what I know at this point, is that drama queen reporter says there was a room key in his name, meaning sometime in the last day or so a list of room assignments was either handed out or posted, and his name was on the list.

Now, he's not on the plane and didn't make the trip. Yes, the rooms were probably booked weeks ago, maybe months, but the room assignments weren't handed out months ago. That leads me to believe - in my opinion, not yours, or anyone else's - that this is because Marshall chose not to make the trip. They wouldn't give him a room assignment if they didn't plan on sending him.

Somebody is getting a hell of a deal...rooming by themselves for the weekend...

When did the Broncos start making people room together? They used to give them their own rooms.

No sense in arguing what we don't know. I'm sure in time we will find out if he didn't make the trip (he will probably get fined) or was told to stay home.

MOtorboat
08-21-2009, 10:31 PM
When did the Broncos start making people room together? They used to give them their own rooms.

No sense in arguing what we don't know. I'm sure in time we will find out if he didn't make the trip (he will probably get fined) or was told to stay home.

OK...my bad...they don't have roommates...I guess I didn't know the intricacies behind their bedding arrangements.

The fact still remains (from the very little reports we have received) that he was assigned in the last few days a room key.

slim
08-21-2009, 10:33 PM
Well, to be fair....room keys can differ from Hotel to Hotel. He probably just didn't have time to learn how to use his.

Watchthemiddle
08-21-2009, 10:35 PM
leadership start at top pol pot always say.

when we stop look at players and look at coach?

Huh?

Tned
08-21-2009, 10:35 PM
OK...my bad...they don't have roommates...I guess I didn't know the intricacies behind their bedding arrangements.

The fact still remains (from the very little reports we have received) that he was assigned in the last few days a room key.

I wasn't being an ass, I don't know if they still get their own rooms. Back in the '90s, that was one of the things the players used to talk about that was one of the 'little' things that made Bowlen the best owner in the NFL -- their words, not mine.

It will be interesting to find out what the official word is. I'm sure we will hear tomorrow during the game at the latest.

MOtorboat
08-21-2009, 10:36 PM
I wasn't being an ass, I don't know if they still get their own rooms. Back in the '90s, that was one of the things the players used to talk about that was one of the 'little' things that made Bowlen the best owner in the NFL -- their words, not mine.

Like I said, my bad. I didn't know that.

Watchthemiddle
08-21-2009, 10:37 PM

It will be interesting to find out what the official word is. I'm sure we will hear tomorrow during the game at the latest.

The official word is probably not going to happen. Long story short...Marshall , to his own admission, does not know the playbook. He has missed more practices it seems then he has been at. He is not willing to put in the time to work at it and learn, he can stay at home and study.

Bring the guys on the trip that CAN contribute and WANT to contribute.

LRtagger
08-21-2009, 10:38 PM
zing!

Tned
08-21-2009, 10:43 PM
The official word is probably not going to happen. Long story short...Marshall , to his own admission, does not know the playbook. He has missed more practices it seems then he has been at. He is not willing to put in the time to work at it and learn, he can stay at home and study.

Bring the guys on the trip that CAN contribute and WANT to contribute.

Yea, who needs talent on the football team, it's totally overrated... :confused:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-21-2009, 10:44 PM
Vic Lombardi's latest twitter entry:

marshall and dawkins wont play tomorrow night...did not make the trip...dawkins no surprise but marshall leaves me wondering

dogfish
08-21-2009, 11:10 PM
IMO...That second quote sounds like its about Marshall.

i think he meant waldo. . . . :listen:

Watchthemiddle
08-21-2009, 11:50 PM
Yea, who needs talent on the football team, it's totally overrated... :confused:

What good is that talent if that talent doesn't care?

Tned
08-22-2009, 12:02 AM
What good is that talent if that talent doesn't care?

Marshall has never been accused, except by some posters, of not caring. Camp reporters have said that Marshall is clearly hustling, even on the scout team, and pissed at himself if he misses a ball.

Asking to be traded, whether a contract ploy, or because he wants out does not mean he doesn't care about being the best player he can be.

Lonestar
08-22-2009, 12:09 AM
as a travel guy rooms are indeed blocked months in advance and rooming lists are given to the hotel usually several days before arrival..

I also seems to remember players talking about working on the play books with their roommates, over the past few months.. but on away games perhaps they have separate accommodations..

I'm pretty sure that jay and Scheffler were roommates during their rookie season..

so who knows for sure..

Superchop 7
08-22-2009, 10:32 AM
New regime is a bunch of back stabbing liars.

Glad players are speaking up.

silkamilkamonico
08-22-2009, 10:42 AM
New regime is a bunch of back stabbing liars.

Glad players are speaking up.

Speaking up and supporting it, like Champ Bailey....I fully agree.

The new regime is rigid and hard. The hand holding Shanahan has done with guys like Cutler and Marshall have simply put them in a position where they can't handle it.

....and people wonder why we've had such a soft team the last few years.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-22-2009, 11:13 AM
In one of McD's interviews, I remember him stating that he does not hand out a playbook. Here is one of the things he said:

http://broncotalk.net/2009/08/josh-mcdaniels-on-brandon-marshall-and-the-playbook/

On if players receive a playbook during the offseason

“We don’t hand out a playbook. If you’re here in the spring, we hand things out daily and go through that and put it in. Then the next day it’s a different thing. So I’m not concerned about that, he’ll be fine. He’s a smart player and a smart kid. He understands what we’re trying to do.”

Tned
08-22-2009, 11:57 AM
In one of McD's interviews, I remember him stating that he does not hand out a playbook. Here is one of the things he said:

http://broncotalk.net/2009/08/josh-mcdaniels-on-brandon-marshall-and-the-playbook/

“We don’t hand out a playbook. If you’re here in the spring, we hand things out daily and go through that and put it in. Then the next day it’s a different thing. So I’m not concerned about that, he’ll be fine. He’s a smart player and a smart kid. He understands what we’re trying to do.”

So, based on that, because he wasn't here in the spring (or at least not past May), he wasn't given the handouts, and based on those comments, it would seem that he was not sent the material that was handed out in camps he didn't attend.

frauschieze
08-22-2009, 12:07 PM
So, based on that, because he wasn't here in the spring (or at least not past May), he wasn't given the handouts, and based on those comments, it would seem that he was not sent the material that was handed out in camps he didn't attend.

If true, I don't get that at all. What's he supposed to do, get notes from a teammate like he was back in college?

This whole offseason has been frustrating to say the least. I beyond ready to have all this drama behind us and get to some real football, but it sure seems like someone pissed off the football gods. The end doesn't seem anywhere in sight. I feel bad for all the great guys on our team who are being overlooked because of all the other issues going on. I don't want to hear about Marshall anymore. I don't want to hear about Cutler or McDaniels. I want to know about Larsen, Woodyard, Quinn, tell me about the people who want to be here and are doing everything they can to get better.

I want X's and O's, not the bullshit.

/rant

Lonestar
08-22-2009, 12:09 PM

I posted this in another thread and think it bears repeating

for what it is worth this conversation with Larsen talks about playbooks in mini camps and OTA's. (Which WE all KNOW BM missed. ota's)

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=9249

I think perhaps you have misunderstood, what Josh was trying to say.. .

plus in a another thread.

but then I seem to remember some of the comments about the rookies really studying the play books at night in their rooms.. that larsen in particular was carrying 3 of them around and spending all of his time trying to learn them..

Tned
08-22-2009, 12:15 PM
If true, I don't get that at all. What's he supposed to do, get notes from a teammate like he was back in college?

This whole offseason has been frustrating to say the least. I beyond ready to have all this drama behind us and get to some real football, but it sure seems like someone pissed off the football gods. The end doesn't seem anywhere in sight. I feel bad for all the great guys on our team who are being overlooked because of all the other issues going on. I don't want to hear about Marshall anymore. I don't want to hear about Cutler or McDaniels. I want to know about Larsen, Woodyard, Quinn, tell me about the people who want to be here and are doing everything they can to get better.

I want X's and O's, not the bullshit.

/rant

I can't remember where I read it, or possibly heard it in an interview with McDaniels on Sirius, when talking about Moreno missing time, he said something to the effect that just reviewing the plays wasn't enough, being at all the OTA's, wasn't enough, because they install the meat of the game plan on the field and if you aren't taking reps, you can't learn the system.

Now, that was extreme paraphrasing, but that is the essence of what he said. He was referring to Moreno and saying that he was quickly getting behind and the fact that he attended all the OTA's since the draft, wouldn't matter, it wasn't the same as being in TC where most of the offense was installed.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-22-2009, 12:28 PM
I posted this in another thread and think it bears repeating

for what it is worth this conversation with Larsen talks about playbooks in mini camps and OTA's. (Which WE all KNOW BM missed. ota's)

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=9249

I think perhaps you have misunderstood, what Josh was trying to say.. .

plus in a another thread.

but then I seem to remember some of the comments about the rookies really studying the play books at night in their rooms.. that larsen in particular was carrying 3 of them around and spending all of his time trying to learn them..

Go to this link, http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=609 and click on Day 20: McDaniels -- Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Head Coach Josh McDaniels talks to the media after Wednesday's practice.

This is where McD says himself that they do NOT hand out playbooks.

claymore
08-22-2009, 12:42 PM
If we lose quick (2 of the first 3) get ready for a shit storm, because our schedule is murder after that. Im sure its more than just a couple players. But half of them are new and just trying to make the team.

I know everyone's (including mine) first reaction would be that it probably relates to Marshall, but it is really hard to say.

McDaniel's comes from the Belicheck school of closing he ranks. They don't share anything more than they have to. They play games with the injury reports, and as we have seen with McDaniels' press conferences, he says as little as possible about injuries, position battles, etc.

This could relate to the QB postion, the front seven, almost anything.

If I was 'betting', I would say it's about Marshall, but I wouldn't bet the house on it.
Marshall isnt a starter, and isnt afraid to voice his opinion. Nor would he be around the team prior to a trip he isnt going to make.

I myself would wage a bet on Sheffler, or DJ Williams. I cant blame Williams at all.

Lonestar
08-22-2009, 12:55 PM
Go to this link, http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=609 and click on Day 20: McDaniels -- Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Head Coach Josh McDaniels talks to the media after Wednesday's practice.

This is where McD says himself that they do NOT hand out playbooks.

yes I heard it several times but when you hear players talking about carrying playbooks around in Larsen's case three of them during the mini camps..

I suspect some is missing was Josh was really trying to say..

If they handout the daily plays to talk about in meetings to study.. perhaps a few industrious players are making there own playbooks..

Someone is obvious wrong in what is going on..

Denver Native (Carol)
08-22-2009, 12:59 PM
yes I heard it several times but when you hear players talking about carrying playbooks around in Larsen's case three of them during the mini camps..

I suspect some is missing was Josh was really trying to say..

If they handout the daily plays to talk about in meetings to study.. perhaps a few industrious players are making there own playbooks..

Someone is obvious wrong in what is going on..

But we both know that is would be much easier to have a complete handbook handed to you, to study, rather than different pieces of paper, each one with a different play on it, daily.

Lonestar
08-22-2009, 01:09 PM
But we both know that is would be much easier to have a complete handbook handed to you, to study, rather than different pieces of paper, each one with a different play on it, daily.

Larsen talks about studying his "books" at home during this interview..

Passing Camp: Larsen -- Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Spencer Larsen talks to the media about learning both a new offense and defense during passing camp.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=609&year=2009&month=6

so I know that they have access to "books"..

unless someone want to call him a liar..

whether he took the initiative to make it or it was given to him..

NightTrainLayne
08-22-2009, 01:55 PM
I would assume that they hand out play-sheets each day on what they work on, and that the players assemble them in a binder, if they are just handing it out daily.

And if that's the case it would make sense that Marshall was probably handed a stack of hand-outs that he missed from OTA's. I know in college I had Professors that would do similar things with hand-outs and at the end of the semester you had a binder/book full of everything that we had covered during the class. If you missed a class, you get the handouts when you get back.

The idea that the Coaching staff would keep the play-book a secret from the players is just ludicrous.

Lonestar
08-22-2009, 02:00 PM
I would assume that they hand out play-sheets each day on what they work on, and that the players assemble them in a binder, if they are just handing it out daily.

And if that's the case it would make sense that Marshall was probably handed a stack of hand-outs that he missed from OTA's. I know in college I had Professors that would do similar things with hand-outs and at the end of the semester you had a binder/book full of everything that we had covered during the class. If you missed a class, you get the handouts when you get back.

The idea that the Coaching staff would keep the play-book a secret from the players is just ludicrous.

YEP I agree.

I might add that Larsen in his commentary said even having the handouts/playbook and knowing it there is nothing like "setting it in your mind on the field" or words to that effect..

books are nice but real time is where it happens..

Tned
08-22-2009, 02:03 PM
YEP I agree.

I might add that Larsen in his commentary said even having the handouts/playbook and knowing it there is nothing like "setting it in your mind on the field" or words to that effect..

books are nice but real time is where it happens..

And, McDaniels said that even if a player was at all the OTA's, it wouldn't make up for missing training camp, because of how much of the offense is being installed in TC.

Lonestar
08-22-2009, 02:09 PM
And, McDaniels said that even if a player was at all the OTA's, it wouldn't make up for missing training camp, because of how much of the offense is being installed in TC.

YET he said BM had plenty of time to learn it.. when he was diddling around with a "hamstring" issue..

I think your reading more into his comment than is there..

I think he was talking about Game day situational things they are going over and installing..

and from this point on they will be in game week mode preparing for the upcoming opponents since it is widely known that the "playbook" will change from week to week depending upon the weaknesses of the opponent..

Tned
08-22-2009, 02:13 PM
YET he said BM had plenty of time to learn it.. when he was diddling around with a "hamstring" issue..

I guess I missed this. Where did he say this?

I think your reading more into his comment than is there..

Right back at ya.

I think he was talking about Game day situational things they are going over and installing..

Ok, but that is colored by your preconceived feelings about Marshall -- look at your sig.

and from this point on they will be in game week mode preparing for the upcoming opponents since it is widely known that the "playbook" will change from week to week depending upon the weaknesses of the opponent..

Which just reinforces why he should have stayed with the first and second units all week, rather than just Sunday and Monday, until his agent reportedly asked for an extension or trade, which resulted in Marshall being thrown onto the Scout team.

Lonestar
08-22-2009, 02:16 PM
I guess I missed this. Where did he say this?

Right back at ya.

Ok, but that is colored by your preconceived feelings about Marshall -- look at your sig.

Which just reinforces why he should have stayed with the first and second units all week, rather than just Sunday and Monday, until his agent reportedly asked for an extension or trade, which resulted in Marshall being thrown onto the Scout team.

he said it during one of the TC days when marshall was out with the hamstring..

was asked about if BM was falling behind IIRC..

broncohead
08-22-2009, 02:21 PM
Does the defense have playbooks and not the offense? Thats the only way this woud make sense.

NightTrainLayne
08-22-2009, 02:22 PM
There are two issues.

1. Marshall said himself that he doesn't know the plays.

2. His agent asked for a trade again.

Now, is he playing on the scout team because he doesn't know the plays, or is he playing on the scout team because he's being punished. . . or is it a combination?

None of us know. But again, I will reiterate that if he is on the scout team because he's being punished, then his answer when asked why ("I don't know the playbook") is VERY odd. I would expect something more along the lines of "I don't know, you'll have to ask Coach, he just put me over there" or something along those lines, if not a full-out assault accusing them of blacklisting him due to the trade request.

Admitting at that point that he doesn't know the system is very odd if he's being relegated to the scout team due to option #2.

Tned
08-22-2009, 02:23 PM
he said it during one of the TC days when marshall was out with the hamstring..

was asked about if BM was falling behind IIRC..

He did not say, "when Marshall is diddling around with this hamstring"

There is no doubt that we will go back and forth on this, because I don't like the rhetoric and extreme views that some posters take. That's my option to not like it, and your option to have them.

He said Marshall was attending all meetings and I think he said something like, he would be all right.

I provide a link to Dave Krieger's take on this, and he is just "trying to sell newspapers".

Clearly, we see this differently and will just need to agree to disagree and see how it shakes out.

Tned
08-22-2009, 02:26 PM
There are two issues.

1. Marshall said himself that he doesn't know the plays.

2. His agent asked for a trade again.

Now, is he playing on the scout team because he doesn't know the plays, or is he playing on the scout team because he's being punished. . . or is it a combination?

None of us know. But again, I will reiterate that if he is on the scout team because he's being punished, then his answer when asked why ("I don't know the playbook") is VERY odd. I would expect something more along the lines of "I don't know, you'll have to ask Coach, he just put me over there" or something along those lines, if not a full-out assault accusing them of blacklisting him due to the trade request.

Admitting at that point that he doesn't know the system is very odd if he's being relegated to the scout team due to option #2.

Well, here is Dave Krieger's take on 'why' he is on the practice squad and 'why' he is saying, "I am a long way from knowing the playbook". This is a rough transcript, as I typed it, but there is a thread with a link to NFL.com interview on here somewhere.

Can this rift (between Denver and Marshall) be mended?
It's hard to say right now. It's a game of chicken going on between the two sides. McDaniels move in the game of chicken is to put Marshall on the scout team and Marshalls reply is to say, "he's right, I'm not ready, I'm not ready, I might never be ready". There is a game of psychological warfare going back and forth between them. The Broncos can't allow another player to force them to trade him, as Jay Cutler did, or others will do the same.

If they choose not to trade him, then is choosing to put him on the scou team and not playing him, really in the Broncos best interest?
No, we're in preseason, so it doesn't matter yet. It seems to be new Coach Josh McDaniels trying to stake out his territory and authority and trying to make Brandon Marshall bend to his will. Marshall is saying, I have my off field problems behind me, I was the third leading receiver in the NFL last year with 104 catches, and if you are going to put me on the second team, I am going to respond like a second teamer.

TXBRONC
08-22-2009, 04:13 PM
Well, here is Dave Krieger's take on 'why' he is on the practice squad and 'why' he is saying, "I am a long way from knowing the playbook". This is a rough transcript, as I typed it, but there is a thread with a link to NFL.com interview on here somewhere.

Rough transcript? That sounds almost word for word what Krieger said on NFLN. :salute:

NightTrainLayne
08-22-2009, 04:32 PM

Well, if Marshall is going to react that way he is going to lose this battle.

Hopefully, he wakes up, because in a way we'll all be losing if he doesn't get with it.

Gimpygod
08-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Larsen talks about studying his "books" at home during this interview..

Passing Camp: Larsen -- Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Spencer Larsen talks to the media about learning both a new offense and defense during passing camp.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=609&year=2009&month=6

so I know that they have access to "books"..

unless someone want to call him a liar..

whether he took the initiative to make it or it was given to him..

For me it's become obvious McDaniels is a bold faced liar. He would lie about the direction of the wind if he believed it suits his purposes.

Mike
08-22-2009, 05:46 PM
I am so sick of this crap.

BigDaddyBronco
08-22-2009, 05:52 PM
Is anyone else tired of this woman? All she is, is doom and gloom, lies and slanders. Not to mention that she's a horrible journalist.

I don't know, she's the one that broke the Jay Cutler is a diabetic drunk story isn't she.

Wasn't too far off on that one.

Tned
08-22-2009, 06:56 PM
Here is the latest Josina tweet (yes I said TWEET):

@JosinaAnderson Lets just say, sources say, from what Ive gathered, Marshall is doing fine, not in an angry mood, cool with being in denver for now.

Requiem / The Dagda
08-22-2009, 06:59 PM
Josina needs to do a little better reporting or tweeting. My sources say she sucks at it.

Tned
08-22-2009, 07:03 PM
Josina needs to do a little better reporting or tweeting. My sources say she sucks at it.

There seems to be a consensus on that.

Requiem / The Dagda
08-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the tweet updates though!

Watchthemiddle
08-22-2009, 07:10 PM
For me it's become obvious McDaniels is a bold faced liar. He would lie about the direction of the wind if he believed it suits his purposes.

Care to elaborate?

Lonestar
08-22-2009, 07:16 PM

I think the comments were taken out of context or the answer given to the reporters was narrowly answered.. (SPIN)

there has not been any proof that he has lied to anyone..

Tned
08-22-2009, 07:27 PM
I think the comments were taken out of context or the answer given to the reporters was narrowly answered.. (SPIN)

there has not been any proof that he has lied to anyone..

The problem is that since us fans, and the media, get so few actual facts from the team, that we have to make gross assumptions -- whether that be about players or the coach.

horsepig
08-22-2009, 07:35 PM

Tned, do you think Royal was just spouting the company line when he was quoted as saying that BM always plays scout team duty so he can work against Champ and the other starters on Dee?

Tned
08-22-2009, 07:42 PM
Tned, do you think Royal was just spouting the company line when he was quoted as saying that BM always plays scout team duty so he can work against Champ and the other starters on Dee?

I never heard that.

SmilinAssasSin27
08-22-2009, 07:44 PM
I'm not really certain what I think of this article.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Her latest twitter post:

Lets just say, sources say, from what Ive gathered, Marshall is doing fine, not in an angry mood, cool with being in denver for now.

about 21 hours ago from txt