PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network Total Access interviews Denver Post's Dave Krieger about the Broncos

Tned
08-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Notes from interview below.

Tned
08-21-2009, 06:37 PM
Total access interviews Dave Kreiger of the Denver Post

Video here: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-preseason/09000d5d8120cd73/Broncos-update

Notes from interview

Can this rift (between Denver and Marshall) be mended?
It's hard to say right now. It's a game of chicken going on between the two sides. McDaniels move in the game of chicken is to put Marshall on the scout team and Marshalls reply is to say, "he's right, I'm not ready, I'm not ready, I might never be ready". There is a game of phycological warfare going back and forth between them. The Broncos can allow another player to force them to trade him, as Jay Cutler did, or others will do the same.

If they choose not to trade him, then is choosing to put him on the scou team and not playing him, really in the Broncos best interest?
No, we're in preseason, so it doesn't matter yet. It seems to be new Coach Josh McDaniels trying to stake out his territory and authority and trying to make Brandon Marshall bend to his will. Marshall is saying, I have my off field problems behind me, I was the third leading receiver in the NFL last year with 104 catches, and if you are going to put me on the second team, I am going to respond like a second teamer.

Broncos and Seahawk on Saturday -- how badly does Kyle Orton need to get back on the field and show Broncos fans that the QB they saw on Friday was not the player Orton is?
From a PR standpoint, it would help them if he doesn't throw three picks this week. It's preseason, Cutler had a bad outing and nobody in Chicago is really worried about it.

It's more the fact that Denver isn't familiar with Orton and he made a weak first impression and would be better to see him only throws one or two picks this week.

If he struggles in week 2, will we begin to hear talk that Simms should be the guy heading into the season?
Absolutely, it was a little odd that Orton was named the starter so early. Many people expected that it would be a good opportunity for the two new QBs to have a competition and see who came out on top. They decided they had enough QB controversy during the Jay Cutler period, and he decided to name Orton to keep everything quiet, but clearly if Simms seems better in pre-season, it will be hard to keep Orton in the number one position.

What's the latest with Dawkins will we see him this weekend?
Unlikely, he has a big cast on his hand, and they will probably let that heal for a while.

Overall, how important is this preseason from a PR standpoint in terms of getting Broncos fans to buy into what he's selling there. His star QB is gone, a big rift with the WR, things probably aren't going quite the way he had hoped?
Fan reaction will jump around based on the results of the preseason. But, results of the preseason doesn't matter, Detroit was 4-0 last year. The response of fans will be measurable when the real games begin. Given their schedule, they need to get off to a fast start. They have three easy games at the beginning of their schedule, but then it's brutal after that. So they need to get off to a fast start, or the heat is going to come down on McDaniels fast and hard.

Tned
08-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Updated after reviewing the interview on the DVR.

Lonestar
08-21-2009, 06:39 PM
So it was on already

Tned
08-21-2009, 06:41 PM
yep, a few minutes meant a few minutes. lol

Superchop 7
08-21-2009, 06:57 PM
From a PR standpoint.

You get Plummer.

Sign a NT.

FIRE ELLIS

Hire Reeves to handle media relations.

None of these things will happen, and the Broncos will be hated by the community by December.

But, I said it, so don't come crying to me Josh when you lose your job.

Lonestar
08-21-2009, 07:04 PM
Hey I saw it at 516 and went right in. Was not on then.

Tned
08-21-2009, 07:13 PM
Hey I saw it at 516 and went right in. Was not on then.

I posted it as they went to the commercial break, and they interviewed him immediately following the commercial break.

LRtagger
08-21-2009, 07:19 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-preseason/09000d5d8120cd73/Broncos-update

Tned
08-21-2009, 07:23 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-preseason/09000d5d8120cd73/Broncos-update

Well, that would have been a hell of a lot easier than me typing out the interview!!! :lol:

TXBRONC
08-21-2009, 07:40 PM
I watched the entire interview on NFLN, I think Krieger hit the nail on the head.

SR
08-21-2009, 08:06 PM
DK is still the man.

Bill Devaroe
08-21-2009, 10:24 PM
From a PR standpoint.

You get Plummer.

Sign a NT.

FIRE ELLIS

None of these things will happen, and the Broncos will be hated by the community by December.

I am with you, but we wtill need sa QB. trade marshall for Lemon and a 3rd and I am soldee=

dogfish
08-21-2009, 11:18 PM
From a PR standpoint.

You get Plummer.

Sign a NT.

FIRE ELLIS

get a nosetackle, yes (like there are any good ones available at this time of year), but i would hate them more if they brought back plummer. . . .

gobroncsnv
08-22-2009, 06:12 AM
I just WISH BMarsh was acting like a second-teamer... Those are the guys who try their best to become a first-teamer.

Nomad
08-22-2009, 06:24 AM
I hope the drama goes away soon because listening to FSR the other day and many of the sports pundits I was listening to had BRONCOS last in the division with no end to the chaos this season and at this point everyone at Dove valley is to blame!