PDA

View Full Version : MVP loss can't diminish Manning's season

Denver Native (Carol)
02-02-2013, 10:57 PM
from article:

I thought Manning was more valuable to his team than Peterson was to his, and Manning elevated the play of all of his teammates. Plus, quarterback is the most important position on the field. But again, I take nothing away from Peterson’s season.

And nothing should be taken away from the success of Manning’s season because of the second-place MVP finish.

The reality is that Manning is still playing at a high level, and he should be a top-level player for at least the next two years. The fact that he didn’t snare his fifth MVP award doesn’t diminish anything.

full article - http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/54616/mvp-loss-doesnt-diminish-mannings-season

Dzone
02-02-2013, 11:39 PM
Ugh,...gotta sit through another AP , me first speech. He hasnt mentioned his teammates yet in 2 speeches

Dzone
02-03-2013, 12:01 AM
The Politically Correct MVP

ShaneFalco
02-03-2013, 12:44 AM
Janoris Jenkins got robbed for d rookie of year. Lead the league in ints for td.

Simple Jaded
02-03-2013, 01:12 AM
Janoris Jenkins got robbed for d rookie of year. Lead the league in ints for td.

So what? Keuckly led the league in tackles. Jenkins may not have even been the best rookie CB.......

ShaneFalco
02-03-2013, 01:20 AM
What was the panthers record again. ...tackles are nowhere close to 28 defensive points. Would have been 34 if larry Fitzgerald didn't hold

Poet
02-03-2013, 01:22 AM
No one cares about the records or wins for a defensive player. Jenkins also got suspended for a game.

ShaneFalco
02-03-2013, 01:33 AM
No one cares about the records or wins for a defensive player. Jenkins also got suspended for a game.

Kind of hard to say that with one the lowest scoring offenses in the league

UnderArmour
02-03-2013, 03:01 AM
The Politically Correct MVP

The rightful MVP. AP had a tougher road and he earned every bit of the award. He came within 9 yards of the rushing record and was effectively his entire team's offense. AP had one of those years for the ages where when he comes up for Hall of Fame consideration, this year will be a major reason why he will get in. AP earned the award, nothing to do with "political correctness." Get over it.

silkamilkamonico
02-03-2013, 03:27 AM
Ap was the right choice. And i would hope noone tried to take away mannings season with the loss. Both players had fabulous seasons.

Dzone
02-03-2013, 09:48 AM
The rightful MVP. AP had a tougher road and he earned every bit of the award. He came within 9 yards of the rushing record and was effectively his entire team's offense. AP had one of those years for the ages where when he comes up for Hall of Fame consideration, this year will be a major reason why he will get in. AP earned the award, nothing to do with "political correctness." Get over it.
You get over it. Your opinion and youre entitled to it. TD had 2,000 yards and MVP and super bowl MVP and isnt in the hof

Nomad
02-03-2013, 09:54 AM
I'm I the only one that really doesn't care who won the MVP or these awards? Yeah, yeah......why even post in the thread then.:lol:

Or perhaps since dogfish is handing out gold stars, he could give one to Manning because everyone is a winner:D. Manning doesn't get butthurt over this stuff, he'll move on and get better.

pegcage
02-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Adrian certainly does not lack in the ego department. He promised he would win it again next year and not be present to get it because he would be playing in the Super Bowl. Manning would never say something like that; and if he did, he would be blasted from here to eternity.

One more thing: how could the man who got comeback player of the year award and finished second for MVP be diminished in any way? Do you realize that finishing second at MVP means that you are considered the second BEST player in the NFL for that season? That is pretty darn good when so many said he was finished!!!!

Nomad
02-03-2013, 12:28 PM
I wonder what Mr Hubble thinks:lol:

zbeg
02-03-2013, 02:00 PM
Adrian certainly does not lack in the ego department. He promised he would win it again next year and not be present to get it because he would be playing in the Super Bowl. Manning would never say something like that; and if he did, he would be blasted from here to eternity.

One more thing: how could the man who got comeback player of the year award and finished second for MVP be diminished in any way? Do you realize that finishing second at MVP means that you are considered the second BEST player in the NFL for that season? That is pretty darn good when so many said he was finished!!!!

This is the seventh time Manning has finished either first or second in MVP voting. That's ridiculous. What a ridiculous player.

wayninja
02-03-2013, 05:09 PM
Way to choke at the popularity contest.

topscribe
02-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Can't argue against AP's talent or achievements.

Just wish he wasn't so arrogant about it . . .

Simple Jaded
02-03-2013, 06:27 PM
What was the panthers record again. ...tackles are nowhere close to 28 defensive points. Would have been 34 if larry Fitzgerald didn't hold

Wasn't ranking importance, just stating a fact. Keuckly led the league in tackles, Jenkins has competition for best rookie CB, both facts. You're the one spewing opinions.......

chaoticmayhem
02-03-2013, 08:05 PM
Awards are opinion. Just as useless too.

Ravage!!!
02-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Considering the injury he came back from.... I think he took Antler juice